Kalamax + Electrodominance

PrimevalCommander
Pronoun: he / him

Post by PrimevalCommander » 1 year ago

I have a tapped Kalamax, the Stormsire and cast Electrodominance where X = 6.
Will this result in me getting two free 6 drops (or less mana value) assuming the original and the copy resolve?
I expect YES, but it seems to confuse some of my opponents when I'm getting so many free spells.

Accepted Answer

by BaronCappuccino » 1 year ago
Copying an X spell preserves the value of X. You're all set. X is typically only forced to be 0 when the card was cast via shenanigans and X couldn't be set.
Go to full post

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

NOT A JUDGE, but yes, I believe so. The copied spell keeps all decisions made for the original copy (This is why Return to Nature is not always strictly better than Naturalize) , so you'd get two free 6 drops from the electrodominance twins here.

BaronCappuccino
Answers: 1

Post by BaronCappuccino » 1 year ago

Copying an X spell preserves the value of X. You're all set. X is typically only forced to be 0 when the card was cast via shenanigans and X couldn't be set.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Yes - the value of X is carried over for spell copies. You deal X damage twice AND may cast cards in your hand with mana value X or less without paying for them twice. (CR 707.10)
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”