[SCD] Ad Nauseam

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kirkusjones » 2 years ago

So, I'm putting together a Erinis, Gloom Stalker/Scion of Halaster lands build (real original, I know), and was sifting through my binders for stuff to include when I ran across Ad Nauseam.

The deck is going to have a higher than average land count, as well as a relatively low curve, but I was curious about people's experience playing Ad Naus outside of a storm build. Anyone have a good metric for how low your average CMC needs to be to make it worth it?

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 2 years ago

My rule of thumb is <1.5 including lands outside of Storm. Even if it's just a value play of "EOT, draw 6 cards, lose 9 life" Ad Nauseam is incredibly powerful.

benjameenbear
Pronoun: he / him

Post by benjameenbear » 2 years ago

IT's one of the most powerful cEDH cards in existence. Run it.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 2 years ago

I used to be higher on AN than I currently am. I think Necrologia is going to be better 6/10 times in a non-storm build. In storm, it's insane for sure. But I think Ad Nauseam is a little more niche than the gen pop wants to admit, and it sees broader play over situationally superior similar effects because of that.

Basically, it's not that you shouldn't run it, but you should thoroughly explore the other available options before you slap it in.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kirkusjones » 2 years ago

Necrologia is probably the card I'm looking for, especially after I really started to build out the list. Thanks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”