New Challenge Every Day Discussion Thread

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Is anyone interested in taking over this contest for the month in December?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

netn10 posted:
Runestone Circle
Enchantment Land - Rune (Rare)
T: Add one mana of any color. Runestone Circle becomes an aura. Attach Runestone Circle to target creature you control that has no auras named Rune Circle attached to it. If you can't, sacrifice Runestone Circle.
I commented that there was something missing from the card. Two things, actually:

a) Very minor, but Aura should be capitalized, as it's a subtype.
b) More major, but when it becomes an Aura, it needs to gain "enchant creature" (or "enchant permanent," I suppose), otherwise it'll fall off once it begins enchanting the creature.
c) Also very minor, but it should read "...that has no Auras named Runestone Circle attached to it." (I prefer "enchanting it," myself.)

I like the idea of a land that needs a creature to stick around; it's a little like Paradise Mantle, but less artifact-y.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Is anyone interested in hosting for the month of February? (If not, I'm happy to run the contest like normal.)
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Congratulations are in order for February's winner, @JovialJovian!

Also:
Ink-Treader wrote:
1 year ago
Vote: JovialJovian, void_nothing

Manul 1G
Creature - Cat (U)
Mountainwalk, plainswalk
2/2

IIW: Desert
This should have had the flavor text The body is round.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Would like to offer my congratulations again to @Ink-Treader for winning the March contest.

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

I think UUUR and WWWBBBG are perfectly assymetrical, if I say so myself.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 1 year ago

OneAndOnly wrote:
1 year ago
I think UUUR and WWWBBBG are perfectly assymetrical, if I say so myself.
I think those should actually work. Void is pulling from the description I gave in the January MCC round 1 challenge. There I tried to be specific, for clarity's sake, but asymmetry is a more general notion than what I described there. Something like Hurloon Battle Hymn could be considered asymmetrical, or, in the vein of what you say, a card that costs . Since the challenge is vague, the submissions can be whatever.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

haywire

Post by haywire » 1 year ago

@void_nothing what is the proper deadline time for this? I got my card in last night at around 830 PST, since I thought the deadline was 9 PST / 12 EST, but the next day had already been posted. not a big deal, just curious

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

haywire wrote:
1 year ago
@void_nothing what is the proper deadline time for this? I got my card in last night at around 830 PST, since I thought the deadline was 9 PST / 12 EST, but the next day had already been posted. not a big deal, just curious
So daily contest posting times tend to fluctuate, and I'd say as a host I have more posting time variance than most others do. I try to keep it close to 20:59 Pacific/23:59 Eastern - it is a day-to-day posting schedule - but sometimes I can't avoid posting earlier. In these cases I'll edit in late entries if at all possible, as I did in this case.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 11 months ago

What are the cards that "very few" players remember?

I bet no one remembers most cards. Like, Bant Battlemage was never in people's attention to begin with. How do I count the people who remember Morbid Plunder?
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

Avacyn Believer
Faith Requires Sacrifice

Post by Avacyn Believer » 11 months ago

I am thinking to just pick an old card from the first few sets of Magic :rofl:
Faith Requires Sacrifice
MTGNexus Primer | Archidekt | Church of Avacyn

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 11 months ago

I just noticed that a person can do well in this game without getting their IIW's picked very often. In fact, doing well actually makes a person's IIW's be picked less often overall, because ties go to the lower scores.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
― Paul Erdős

― Stephen Jay Gould

VariousBoots

Post by VariousBoots » 10 months ago

@Rithaniel is today's challenge asking for a card with the Companion ability or just a card that goes well with one of the May 29 commanders?

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 10 months ago

VariousBoots wrote:
10 months ago
@Rithaniel is today's challenge asking for a card with the Companion ability or just a card that goes well with one of the May 29 commanders?
The latter, but the former would also work.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
― Paul Erdős

― Stephen Jay Gould

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Raptorchan » 9 months ago

What are pack filler cards? Draft chaff?

AnotherAlias

Post by AnotherAlias » 9 months ago

Raptorchan wrote:
9 months ago
What are pack filler cards? Draft chaff?
I apologize, I suppose I wasn't too clear. I meant, like, cards that are too bad to play in constructed. So yeah, a draft card would probably do. Just make a bad card.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 9 months ago

Facsimus wrote:
9 months ago
First time posting, let me know if I forgot anything. Thanks!
You're all good! Welcome to Custom Card Contests & Games!

AnotherAlias

Post by AnotherAlias » 8 months ago

By "transforming tokens" do you mean for one to just make a token card that transforms or a card that creates tokens and those generated tokens can transform?

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

Post by Raptorchan » 8 months ago

AnotherAlias wrote:
8 months ago
By "transforming tokens" do you mean for one to just make a token card that transforms or a card that creates tokens and those generated tokens can transform?
The second. Like card that creates Incubator tokens.

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

Post by Raptorchan » 6 months ago

@FrostBoss216, can you explain further on the current theme?

FrostBoss216
Makes too many games

Post by FrostBoss216 » 6 months ago

@Raptorchan, imagine playing your card in a game and someone's reaction being the theme.
Sorry, wasn't the best theme to go with, my bad.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 6 months ago

I was thinking about Donate effects, personally. Interested to see what everyone creates for this particular challenge.

FrostBoss216
Makes too many games

Post by FrostBoss216 » 6 months ago

I could also imagine seeing it like a card you'd hate to pull. Not entirely sure where I was going with it lol

CunningGabe

Post by CunningGabe » 6 months ago

I went with "Card that captures a really annoying thing from real life" :)
Winner of August '22 DCC and September '22 NCED

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

Post by Raptorchan » 6 months ago

@LandellXil0cent, don't forget to vote

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”