Fynn For Fyrexia-Mono Green Aggro

DizzCompleat
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by DizzCompleat » 3 years ago

Fynn, Mono Green Aggro

Commander (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

I found Fynn to be pretty interesting. With death touch your opponents don't want to block, but at the same time they'll take poison counters. 2 poison from a 1/1 creature is pretty strong, plus he might as well read infect creatures you control get +2/+0 when dealing damage to players. The goal is pretty simple, play green creatures and get your opponents to 10. Use your proliferate cards once everyone has some counters or as an alternate win after board wipes etc. The deck tries to be as low to the ground as possible, the more expensive stuff being for draw, evasion, etc. I am sure there are some good green card draw that I missed. The weaker cards are obviously the over 2 mana death touchers, and the higher cmc stuff. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by DizzCompleat 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

weltkrieg
Pronoun: he / him

Post by weltkrieg » 3 years ago

Hornet Queen seems an unfortunate miss, as well as =Champion of Lambholt or Thunderfoot Baloth given the way deathtouch works with trample..

Ruiner

Post by Ruiner » 3 years ago

I'd probably include Grafted Exoskeleton since it puts some significant poison counters on people.

Fireshrieker and other sources of double strike seem good as well since the commander just triggers off of combat damage.

And I agree with the previous poster that Hornet Queen seems like a sure thing.

DizzCompleat

I like the exoskeleton and shrieker but the greaves and such are really there just to protect Fynn, I am planning on going wide, so idk.
Dropped the 2 2/2's for 3 mana death touchers and vorinclex and added champion, thunderfoot, and queen

Ruiner

Post by Ruiner » 3 years ago

Giving any creature you have that has deathtouch the bonus of double-strike is giving your opponent 4 poison every time that creature connects if your commander is in play. I would think Fireshrieker would be a shoe-in for this deck type personally. Giving it to Phyrexian Swarmlord or anything that has Infect would also cause serious pain.

DizzCompleat

I am thinking the Cystbearer and Blightwidow are probably the weakest remaining cards? I run little ramp, and anything I do I like to be able to use the turn I ramp. Hmmm...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”