The Battle Factory 2.0 ☆ A Club Flamingo Game - It's Over!

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Vote for winner of the Frontier Brain Battle!

Poll ended at 3 years ago

Megiddo
80%
Stapler
20%

Total votes: 15

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

635032496554181784.jpg
Put your knowledge to the test!

Stapler is the champion of the Battle Factory! He's earned his chance to challenge ME, the Factory Head, to take home all of the glory.

Restriction Set and Entries
Frontier Brain Battle
Show
Hide
1. One card is a Mox.
2. All cards are Cancel variants.
3. All cards are Snow.
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Cryopreservation 1UU
Instant {M}
You may pay 0 rather than pay Cryopreservation's mana cost if it targets a spell with converted mana cost greater than the number of lands that spell's controller controls.
Counter target spell. When that spell is countered this way, exile it. Then put Cryopreservation onto the battlefield transformed.
///
Cryogenic Mox
Legendary Snow Artifact {M}
T: Add one mana of any of the exiled card's colors.
"Now it will be beautiful forever."

Rimescale Drake 1UU
Snow Creature - Drake {U}
Flying
X, Sacrifice Rimescale Drake: Counter target spell unless its controller pays X. If mana produced by a snow permanent was spent to activate this ability, instead counter that spell.
2/1

Diamond Dancer 1UU
Snow Creature - Faerie {R}
Flash
Flying
When Diamond Dancer enters the battlefield, choose one:
  • Counter target spell if you control four or more snow permanents.
  • Draw a card if you control another snow permanent.
  • Scry 2.
2/1
Stapler wrote:
3 years ago
Snatchsquatch GUR
Snow Creature - Yeti (R)
Flash
When Snatchsquatch enters the battlefield, if you control four or more other snow permanents, you may exile target spell.
Whenever Snatchsquatch attacks or blocks, until your next turn, each opponent may play cards they own exiled with Snatchsquatch.
Yeti sightings are rare. Surviving them is rarer.
4/3

Balduvian Ransacker UU
Snow Creature - Human Rogue (U)
Whenever Balduvian Ransacker deals combat damage to a player or planeswalker, create a Ration token. (It's a snow artifact with "T, Sacrifice this artifact: Add 1.")
2, Sacrifice Balduvian Ransacker: Counter target spell.
"You're in for a long winter."
2/2

Mox Crystal 0
Legendary Snow Artifact (M)
T, Tap an untapped snow permanent you control: Add U.
When Mox Crystal becomes the target of a spell, you may pay 1UU. If you do, exile Mox Crystal, then return it to the battlefield transformed under its owner's control.
A frozen relic of Terisiare's past, melodic vibrations can often be heard from within its glowing core.
///
Myx, The Last Crystal Sprite
Legendary Snow Planeswalker - Myx
When Myx, The Last Crystal Sprite enters the battlefield, exile any number of target spells.
[+1]: Untap target snow permanent.
[-3]: Copy a nonland card exiled with Myx, The Last Crystal Sprite. You may cast the copy without paying its mana cost. (If a permanent card is copied this way, the copy becomes a token).
{4}
As before, no specific deadline. Stapler, let me know when you're done with your entries.

Rules and Intro Post
Round One
Round Two
Round Three
Final Round
Last edited by Megiddo 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

Cryopreservation 1UU
Instant {M}
You may pay 0 rather than pay Cryopreservation's mana cost if it targets a spell with converted mana cost greater than the number of lands that spell's controller controls.
Counter target spell. When that spell is countered this way, exile it. Then put Cryopreservation onto the battlefield transformed.
///
Cryogenic Mox
Legendary Snow Artifact {M}
T: Add one mana of any of the exiled card's colors.
"Now it will be beautiful forever."

Rimescale Drake 1UU
Snow Creature - Drake {U}
Flying
X, Sacrifice Rimescale Drake: Counter target spell unless its controller pays X. If mana produced by a snow permanent was spent to activate this ability, instead counter that spell.
2/1

Diamond Dancer 1UU
Snow Creature - Faerie {R}
Flash
Flying
When Diamond Dancer enters the battlefield, choose one:
  • Counter target spell if you control four or more snow permanents.
  • Draw a card if you control another snow permanent.
  • Scry 2.
2/1
Last edited by Megiddo 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
MEG

Stapler
is a liar
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Stapler » 3 years ago

Snatchsquatch GUR
Snow Creature - Yeti (R)
Flash
When Snatchsquatch enters the battlefield, if you control four or more other snow permanents, you may exile target spell.
Whenever Snatchsquatch attacks or blocks, until your next turn, each opponent may play cards they own exiled with Snatchsquatch.
Yeti sightings are rare. Surviving them is rarer.
4/3

Balduvian Ransacker UU
Snow Creature - Human Rogue (U)
Whenever Balduvian Ransacker deals combat damage to a player or planeswalker, create a Ration token. (It's a snow artifact with "T, Sacrifice this artifact: Add 1.")
2, Sacrifice Balduvian Ransacker: Counter target spell.
"You're in for a long winter."
2/2

Mox Crystal 0
Legendary Snow Artifact (M)
T, Tap an untapped snow permanent you control: Add U.
When Mox Crystal becomes the target of a spell, you may pay 1UU. If you do, exile Mox Crystal, then return it to the battlefield transformed under its owner's control.
A frozen relic of Terisiare's past, melodic vibrations can often be heard from within its glowing core.
///
Myx, The Last Crystal Sprite
Legendary Snow Planeswalker - Myx
When Myx, The Last Crystal Sprite enters the battlefield, exile any number of target spells.
[+1]: Untap target snow permanent.
[-3]: Copy a nonland card exiled with Myx, The Last Crystal Sprite. You may cast the copy without paying its mana cost. (If a permanent card is copied this way, the copy becomes a token).
{4}
"Image"

Megiddo
MEG

Hello all! It's finally time for the Frontier Brain Battle Voting! Please vote for me—NOT Stapler—so that I can retain the title once again.

... Well, you can make your own decision, but anyway: This is the final battle! It's been a long road (and an even longer wait), but I hope you had just as much fun as last time.

Good luck, Stapler!
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

Polling ends in just about a day! Get your votes (for me) in!
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

Ok! The (completely fair and unbiased) results are in! Congratulations to @Stapler for making it this far, but it looks like the title remains mine once again.

Thanks once again to EVERYBODY who participated. I forgot how fun it is to run games like this, so you may be seeing me again slightly sooner than eight years from now for another game.

If you participated, please let me know if you have any feedback on the game! I changed the format up from last time, so we were running some untested stuff here. I'm always trying to make it more fun for everybody, so do tell me how it can improve.

Until next time...
MEG

Togs

Post by Togs » 3 years ago

Ayy thanks for running this game, and thanks to everyone who participated as well (especially anybody who voted for me). It's been a decade since the start of CF and it makes me happy to know that we can still pull off great events like this once in a while.

As for feedback, just like a well-designed card I don't really have anything to say. The game was great, and I'd honestly be happy if you ran the exact same thing next time, although I think there's room to potentially throw some extra twists in there too. Just an observation, but I actually really enjoyed when a bunch of the more "restrictive" restrictions stacked together (cancel variant snow mox in the finals being a prime example), as it was really fun to watch people struggle to salvage a clean design out of this. In contrast, the second round where I barely had any restrictions was the toughest for me because it was tough to think of anything!

Thanks again, and see you guys at the next CFG o7

dyd
Randomancer

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Thanks a lot for the organization, it was a lot of fun, and we got very interesting entries :cool:

I really liked the mechanics of the competition and don't have anything to object.

Maybe just a suggestion to keep each round a bit more fresh and different from the previous ones :thinking:
After the first round, the Factory Head could pick their restriction from the whole set of initially rejected restrictions (a.k.a. those that were not chosen for the first round), so every match will have two restrictions that have already been used and one that is completely new.

Good job everybody and thank you again :party: :party:

Megiddo
MEG

dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Thanks a lot for the organization, it was a lot of fun, and we got very interesting entries :cool:

I really liked the mechanics of the competition and don't have anything to object.

Maybe just a suggestion to keep each round a bit more fresh and different from the previous ones :thinking:
After the first round, the Factory Head could pick their restriction from the whole set of initially rejected restrictions (a.k.a. those that were not chosen for the first round), so every match will have two restrictions that have already been used and one that is completely new.

Good job everybody and thank you again :party: :party:
This is a great suggestion, and was actually my original plan. However... the behind-the-scenes logistics of running it made it so that I chose to do what we did here instead. I would like to try doing it this way, and if we do this again I probably would, but it requires a bit more prep time than I had available to me this time around.
MEG

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”