Repeatedly getting secure connection failures

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 weeks ago

Yesterday and today when visiting MTGNexus I've been repeatedly getting a secure connection failed error. This simultaneously started occurring on my phone and on my desktop machine. It can take multiple refreshes to get through to the site.

Screenshot 2024-05-24 154657.png
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.mtgnexus.com. The OCSP response does not include a status for the certificate being verified.

Error code: MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_OCSP_RESPONSE_FOR_CERT_MISSING

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.
The "Learn more" link points here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/se ... =inproduct

One guide I found basically says "hey, i'ts your own browser's fault! just reinstall your browser or disable OCSP sampling" but safe to say I'm not doing that.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 3 weeks ago

We've had multiple host issues this week, and we had to change a bunch of the DNS.
I had this at the start off and on a bunch, but it's since gone away.
Im assuming it's issues with all the new info propogating.
Is it still happening for you?
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

@Feyd_Ruin I'll keep an eye out. So far it's not happening!

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

@Feyd_Ruin Seems good. This was reliably happening every single new time I opened the site and it hasn't happened at all yet, so I think it's fixed.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Now to figure out what keeps locking up and making the site lag now and then. >_<
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

One thing you might want to look into is blocking bytespider in case it's devouring traffic. Scryfall saw it was (I think) 90% of our traffic once we blocked it: https://www.nerdcrawler.com/blog/how-we ... 80-percent

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

spacemonaut wrote:
3 weeks ago
One thing you might want to look into is blocking bytespider in case it's devouring traffic. Scryfall saw it was (I think) 90% of our traffic once we blocked it: https://www.nerdcrawler.com/blog/how-we ... 80-percent
I had to block it a couple months ago. Yeah they were insane.
Something's been triggering Cloudflare "under attack" mode too.
This week has been filled with host and server issues, and no common culprit has been found. All logs look clean, etc. absolute headache.
Apologies for the issues, hopefully I can get it all sorted out

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”