I still don't get how to use anchor tags, since day one.

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 3drinks » 3 years ago

So remember when I rolled the primer over to this site? Well I finally got back around to fixing the table of contents, but there's no descriptour of how to apply those tags in the help link beside the advanced post creatour. When I copy the anchor tags and apply them, it lights up the targeted area like a link, but I don't get a cursour that can click on and interact with the link. It's left me frustrated and I just can't figure it out. Can we do like a wikihow explanation with each of these tags? It looks like you'd just plug it in but it's really...not intuitive at all.

WizardMN
Answers: 128

Post by WizardMN » 3 years ago

It looks like the issue is that the old tag was "alink" while the new one is "anchor" (if I am reading your Kaalia thread right). So a straight port isn't possible.

If we take your Kaalia thread, it looks like one entry in the ToC is: "Effective Strategies". Which then should link down below. So, the appropriate BBCode would be:

[anchor goto=EffectiveStrategies]EffectiveStrategies[/anchor]
[anchor id=EffectiveStrategies][size=1].[/size][/anchor]
[align=center][b][u][size=150]~~Effective Strategies for Kaalia of the Vast~~[/size][/u][/b][/align]

Which would get you this (line breaks added to make the "anchor" more obvious):
EffectiveStrategies

~~Effective Strategies for Kaalia of the Vast~~

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 3 years ago

@WizardMN got it exactly right.

Anchor tags can have a "GoTo" or an "ID"

The "GoTo=X" says: Make this a link that pushes you to the anchor tag with the corresponding ID of X.

The "ID=X" says: This is a landing spot for "X" so when someone clicks anchor with GoTo=X, go here.

You can add both to an anchor, which would make it both a link to X and a landing spot for Y.

ALINK was used on Sally because the software there didn't allow me to create something like this, where you could do either/or/both.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 3 years ago

Thank you so much guys, this really helped to see things more clearly! Now once I finish the table of contents links, I can look into putting it in a proper box.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”