Karador, Ghost Chieftain - Quest for Control

WizardMN
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 1 month ago

LightningLion wrote:
1 month ago
If you're able to resolve an Eerie Ultimatum this is probably the last thing you'd care about, but if you diversify your basic lands to half regular and half snow-covered ones you'll get more lands from the Ultimatum.
That is a pretty good point. And might come into play if someone were to play Field of the Dead. Might not come up here but could come up in other decks.

I personally prefer to have my basics match and I don't like Snow-Covered mixed with normal basics since I can't get the same frame/border treatment. It definitely changes the efficacy of certain cards which is not ideal for something that is purely aesthetic but it is personal preference.

Tags:

WizardMN

Post by WizardMN » 3 weeks ago

Here are my thoughts regarding Outlaws of Thunder Junction and the associated Commander set:

Green Cards

Voracious Varmint - I don't think I do anything with this as there are other options I like better for now, but I do like they are still doing this type of effect for this cost.

Multicolor Cards

Ruthless Lawbringer - I have played around with things like this in the past but this hits more permanents and at a lower cost. It is also a sac outlet if I absolutely need one. I might try to find a way to get this into the deck as I do like having spot removal on creatures.

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 3 weeks ago

You don't see Angel of Indemnity as being useful in Karador? I feel like the odds it improves on Karmic Guide are fairly high with the added alpha strike encore option as a mana sink.

Also, a huge lifelinking body that just keeps coming back and helping races.

WizardMN

Post by WizardMN » 3 weeks ago

My main issue is the MV limitation. Karmic Guide gets me any creature (and that is primarily what I am going to want with it) whereas Angel only gets 4 MV or less. Granted, it is any permanent, but still somewhat limiting. Compared to Sun Titan, it does get me Yawgmoth, Spike Weaver, and False Prophet which are important cards so it isn't like there isn't any use for it.

Perhaps I am so down on the Encore ability (8 mana is a lot and I am already stretching it for things like Ashen Rider) that it is affecting my overall evaluation of the card. If I ignore that and assume I will never use it, I can look at it as a more generic Karmic Guide with pros and cons in both directions.

I had made a comment on it in Ephara and I do like it in Ephara due to the blink shenanigans but here it is a little worse since it is only on entering. But not being as good here as in Ephara doesn't make it not good at all. I will think on it and see if there is a way I can find room for it. I do have plenty of other recursion options so it might falter a bit because of that but having another way to get back things like Pernicious Deed, False Prophet, and Spike Weaver (as these are my biggest answers to things at 4 MV and less) probably deserves a closer look.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”