The DCC - May 19th, 2024

Rithaniel
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rithaniel » 3 days ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name tothe render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

This short story I've been writing is just about finished, but I need beta readers to give opinions.

DCC Scoreboard

Sagharri 55
netn10 51 (+8)
Rithaniel 49 (+3)
bravelion83 42 (+3)
folding_music 28
archemediesx 22 (+2)
JovialJovian 4
void_nothing 1
Indighost wrote:
4 days ago
Votes: Netn10, ArchemediesX
folding_music wrote:
4 days ago
votes: netn10, bravelion83

Private Practise 1bb
Enchantment
Whenever a player sacrifices a permanent, if it was to pay the cost of an ability of that permanent, they gain 2 life. Otherwise, they lose 4 life.
Cycling
"Basically, screw Ashnod's Altar." - Tawnos
bravelion83 wrote:
4 days ago
Votes: netn10, Rithaniel

This is a card taken straight out of the second set on the plane of Vukanat, which conveniently has five continents. This is the rare land cycle of that set. I won't post the others as they are mechanically identical except for the colors. This is the continent that contains the biggest city on the plane, the one all the characters I've introduced to you are from: the Kratich family (Kim, Vuk, and Derk), Krest, Drago, Ratka, and the Gorik family (teacher Rov and his father Dr. Harkat). Mirka's elvish village is also here, just outside the big city. All of them are back for the second set and are joined by even more story-relevant named characters, of whom Rov is not the only one, you already know Jeff and there will be even more. The second set on Vukanat doesn't have a shard theme but it has a lot of multicolored cards, more than the average set, several of which are legendary, and that (the legendary supertype) is indeed a theme of the set instead. This rare land cycle is meant to help you cast the higher than average amount of gold cards in the set. As for the "enters" wording, which will be real starting in Bloomburrow, I've been using it in my own custom sets for years (with even more wording changes that have yet to become real), so I told myself: why not already start using it here too?

Continent of Setziran
Land (R)
Continent of Setziran enters tapped. When it does, you may pay 3 life. If you do, add C.
T: Add R, G, or W.
The Kiztma Range along the western coast, the Luban Range to the north, and the Repam Range to the south enclose a vast flatland with lush vegetation that spans out the majority of the continent.
archemediesx wrote:
4 days ago
Votes: netn10 , Rithaniel

Keyrune Cops 2WU
Creature – Human Soldier Performer (U)
Flash
Vigilance
Journey — Whenever a creature is exiled from the battlefield, you may have Keyrune Cops become a copy of that creature, except it's 2/4 and has vigilance and this ability.
They put the 'slap' in slapstick.
2/4
netn10 wrote:
4 days ago
Votes: Rithaniel, bravelion83

Awareness Disturber 2RR
Creature - Eldrazi (Common)
Devoid
Awareness Disturber has vigilance as long as it targeted itself this turn.
3R: Gain control of target creature until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste and "T: Discard a card, then draw a card" until end of turn. Activate this ability only as a sorcery.
3/5
Rithaniel wrote:
4 days ago
Votes: netn10, bravelion83

Demented Ravings
Sorcery R
Each player mills eleven cards.
-----
Iota of Wisdom
Sorcery R
Return up to two land and/or sorcery cards in your graveyard that were put there from anywhere this turn to your hand. Exile Iota of Wisdom
-----
Merge (You may cast both halves of this card as one for its merge cost.)
Sagharri wrote:
4 days ago
Votes: netn10, ArchemediesX

Traverse Through Memories BG
Sorcery (U)
Target player mills six cards, then you may put a land card from among the cards milled this way onto battlefield under your control.
With each captive, the locations of the resistance's hideouts were no longer a secret.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 3 days ago

votes: Sagharri, Rithaniel

The Morad Way
Legendary Land
: Nonartifact creatures you control become Dryads in addition to their other creature types until end of turn.
: Dryads you control become Forests in addition to their other types until end of turn.
The hastily-planned city had left room for strips of greenery, shrouded brooks and avenues of trees. The leylines had seen to that.

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 3 days ago

Votes: folding_music, Rithaniel

Aetherleech Ticks 1u
Enchantment - Aura (U)
Enchant artifact or creature
Enchanted permanent doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you get .
Pay : Untap enchanted permanent.
Designs inspired by the remains of Phyrexian forces have created another headache for the Consulate.

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 3 days ago

Votes: Rithaniel, archemediesx

Sit of the Senate
Land (Rare)
Sit of the Senate enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a basic Plains and a basic Island.
T: Add W or U.
Forecast — 2WU, Reveal Sit of the Senate from your hand: Until the end of your next turn, White spells you cast cost 1 less to cast, blue spells you cast cost 1 less to cast and spells your opponents cast cost 1 more to cast. (Activate only during your upkeep and only once each turn.)

Indighost

Post by Indighost » 3 days ago

Votes; Sagharri, Netn10

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 3 days ago

Votes: Sagharri, Rithaniel

I've tried making a faction mechanic for each of the factions of Kolyfar. I'll go in reverse order as the previous cycle. I've already presented the faction to you so I won't do that again.*

EDIT: I forgot to specify that "decree" is an ability word for the trigger condition: "Whenever you cast a spell during another player's turn, (EFFECT)". That's possible with instants and spells with flash.
*What I will do instead is briefly explaining what each mechanic does, as I've just done..

Champion of the Lawful Eye {G/W}WU{U/B}
Creature — Rhino Advisor (R)
Vigilance
When Champion of the Lawful Eye enters, return target card that's a creature with power 2 or less, an instant, or a sorcery from your graveyard to your hand.
Decree — Whenever you cast a spell during another player's turn, up to one target creature that player controls can't attack until your next turn.
2, T, Pay 2 life: Scry 2, then draw a card. Activate only as a sorcery.
4/4
Last edited by bravelion83 3 days ago, edited 2 times in total.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on May 2nd 2024, including Jun 2024 in advance)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 3 days ago

Votes: folding_music, archemediesx

Motivation
Sorcery R
Creatures you control gain first strike and trample until end of turn.
-----
Realization
Sorcery R
Until end of turn, whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, draw a card.
-----
Merge (You may cast both halves of this card as one for its merge cost.)
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

archemediesx

Post by archemediesx » 3 days ago

Votes: bravelion83 , Sagharri

Soya-Street Shinobi UB
Creature – Human Ninja Rogue (U)
Ninjutsu UB (UB: Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand: Put this card onto the battlefield from your hand tapped and attacking.)
Brewhaha — Whenever Soya-Street Shinobi deals combat damage to a player, surveil X, where X is the number of Rogues you control. If Soya-Street Shinobi is euphoric, instead look at the top X cards of your library, put one of them into your hand and the rest into your graveyard.
Ninjas love to party, but only from the shadows.
2/2
"Easy Dude. You're being very Un-Dude."

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 2 days ago

bravelion83 archemediesx

Processional Mummy B
Creature - Zombie (Rare)
Processional Mummy enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, if it entered from a graveyard, you cast it from a graveyard, or you embalmed, eternalized, or encored it, put a number of +1/+1 counters on that creature equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on Processional Mummy, then put a +1/+1 counter on Processional Mummy.
0/0
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”