The CCL Discussion Thread

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 month ago

AnotherAlias wrote:
1 month ago
@void_nothing, exiling a (permanent) card from a graveyard, then returning that to the battlefield doesn't count, right? Also, does cloaking/manifesting a card in a graveyard count?
The first example does not count. The second does - the card still comes back, just face down.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Raptorchan » 1 month ago

@void_nothing how much time left for Round 3 judgings?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 1 month ago

Raptorchan wrote:
1 month ago
@void_nothing how much time left for Round 3 judgings?
I'll give to 23:59 Eastern tomorrow. Going to tag everyone who has not submitted a judgment as a reminder.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 3 weeks ago

April's first round is up! I want to remind that rounds in April will end and begin around 12:00 EST, not 23:59 EST. The most important thing to gather from that is that instead of waiting for the last moment and missing deadline, you should post your submission or critique whenever you are ready.
Good luck to all contestants!

Lorn Asbord Schutta

It is less then 36 hours until the submissions' deadline for the first round of April CCL! Do not miss your chance!

Lorn Asbord Schutta

As some may have already seen, the round 2 of April is already up! Even if you haven't submitted for the first round, you still can participate in this one. Remember, that with a good design you stand a chance at passing the signups even if you take a part in only one round.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 2 weeks ago

Less then 24 hours until the end of April's round 2. As of writing this post, they are three submissions. If this number does not reasonably increase until the current deadline, there will be an extension of 48 hours. If by that extended time the number of submissions still will be low, we will have top 6 players instead of top 8 in the next round.
Don't hesitate, post your design! And if you have submitted in the first round, remember that you can critique and give top 3 for that round already.

Edit: While I am pleased to see more then a double of submissions compared to the original posting, it is still little less then preferable. There will be extension of round 2 until Saturday, 13th April, 12:00 EST and this will be the only extension for this round.

Edit II: Since across both rounds there are nine participants, the next round will be top 8, as it suppose to be.

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 1 week ago

After the judging is done (so it wouldn't effect top three) would I be allowed to DM anyone that seemed confused about my card. Such as the name.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 1 week ago

Komandon wrote:
1 week ago
After the judging is done (so it wouldn't effect top three) would I be allowed to DM anyone that seemed confused about my card. Such as the name.
You are obviously allowed to send any personal message that meets Nexus guidelines. If you have no problem with explaining it out in the open, you can use this thread. Frankly speaking, I am intrigued by your round 1 submission's name as well.
As whether to wait until the end of judging, remember that CCL is peer driven in its judgements. If you think that there is some gross misunderstanding regarding your card, you can post your explanation any time you wish. At the same time, each other contestant has a right to decide, that your submission needs to stand on its own as it was posted and simply ignore your reasonings.

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 1 week ago

Thank you. I am ok with saying why I choose that name. I don't think it hurt my scoring. Just noticed confusion in the name and I'm love learning so my naming of cards I use it as a opportunity to learn more even in the daily challenges (such as the daily challenge not DCC for legendary I often use words in different language, mostly latin and greek. . Just extra fun for me. )

Singing Dunes also knowing as singing sands or barking sands is a phenomenon of dunes in deserts and some beaches (even in the US such as in Michigan) of a loud roaring or growling like sound thought to be created when the grains slide slide down the dune mount and it's friction causes that sound. It stops when the grains are grounded down enough. The sound can sometimes be heard for miles.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

And the round 3 is up!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 1 week ago

I most likely will need a short extension for round 3 of April's contest.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Alright, gathering from what I know, round 3 will proceed as follows.
If by the current deadline not all participants submit their design, first there will be 24 hours extension, until Monday 22nd April, 12:00 EST, then, if still required, another such one until Wednesday 23rd April, 12:00 EST. After that the round will continue with whoever posted. While the round is still open, all that have already submitted can alter their design, if they wish.
Last edited by Lorn Asbord Schutta 4 days ago, edited 2 times in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 6 days ago

Currently seeking a volunteer to host the CCL in May!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”