December CCL, Finals: Could This Be the End?

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 months ago

CCL December Finals

"Could This Be the End?"

Gideon Blackblade, taken from here on MTGNexus, by Vitkor Titov and Wizards of the Coast
Welcome to the Card Creation League! Everyone is free to participate in either or both of the first two rounds. Come join us!

Theme

It's Story Beats Month here at the CCL! This month, we'll focus on single moments of narrative and how to represent them in designs.

Challenge
Design three new cards for existing legendary permanent cards, representing the person, place, or object shortly before their death or destruction. Your cards may not share any card types.
Clarifications
Show
Hide
  • For example, you can design a legendary artifact creature, a legendary planeswalker, and a legendary land, but not a legendary artifact creature, a legendary creature, and a legendary artifact.
  • You may choose legendary permanents that in the flavor are still existing or have unknown fates, and use the flavor to convey a future or alternate event involving that character, object, or place's destruction.
  • Make sure to include a rarity.
Contestants:
@Komandon
@MonoRedMage
Your submissions are tentatively due Wednesday, January 10th, 23:59 EST.
Schedule
  • Round 1 — Open to Everyone (November 30th-December 7th)
  • Round 2 — Open to Everyone (December 10th-15th)
  • Top 6 — Open to top 6 finishers (December 20th-24th)
  • Top 6 Critiques (Due December 27th)
  • Final (January, winner determined by public poll)
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Komandon
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Komandon » 4 months ago

Remnants of the Blackblade 4
Legendary Artifact (rare)
Blackblade Remnants enters the battlefield with four +1/+1 counters on it.
T: Move a counter from Remnants of the Blackblade onto target creature.
2, Sacrifice a land: Put a +1/+1 counter on Remnants of the Blackblade.
"Gideon you fool. You think I wouldn't have taken precautions against the Blackblade after Dakkon used it to slay my kin. I enchanted it long ago so it could never harm another elder dragon." — Nicol Bolas

Curse of Rapid Aging 1BB
Enchantment — Aura Curse (rare)
Enchant player
Enchanted player can't gain life.
At the beginning of enchanted player's upkeep, they lose 1 life.
Gideon's death was not in vain. Transferring Liliana'a contract to himself ,she was free. With the help of Oketra, Bontu and Niv-Mizzet to finally defeat the Dragon God and remove his spark.

Kytheon's Irregulars 2W
Creature — Spirit Soldier (uncommon)
Whenever a legendary creature or planeswalker you control dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Kytheon's Irregulars.
3W: Kytheon's Irregulars gain double strike and vigilance until end of turn.
Upon Gideon's death, he saw visions of his fellow fallen soldiers of Theros, calling to him by his real name. Kytheon
2/2

MonoRedMage
Pronoun: they / them

Post by MonoRedMage » 4 months ago

Sorry about the lateness, now done!

The Shattering Helvault 3
Legendary Artifact {R}
1, T: Surveil 2. If you put an Angel card into your graveyard this way, create a Treasure token. If you put a Demon card into your graveyard this way, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
When The Shattering Helvault is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, you may pay 7 and/or 7 life. If you paid 7, create Avacyn Freed, a legendary 5/5 white Angel creature token with flying, hexproof, and indestructible. If you paid 7 life, create Griselbrand Freed, a legendary 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying, trample, and haste.

Toggo, Defiant Rockthrower 1R
Legendary Creature - Goblin Artificer {R}
Provoke
When Toggo, Defiant Rockthrower dies during combat, you may pay X. When you do, put any number of Equipment cards with mana value X or less from your hand or graveyard onto the battlefield and Toggo deals 2 damage to each of up to X targets.
2/1

Homura's Final Message 1RR
Legendary Enchantment {R}
When Homura's Final Message enters the battlefield while you control three or more Humans, creatures you control get +2/+0 and gain trample until end of turn. Otherwise, creatures you control get +1/+0 until end of turn.
Whenever one or more creatures you control deals combat damage to a player, create a 1/1 red Human creature token, then exile the top card of your library. You may play that card this turn.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 months ago

Alright, it's now time for the final poll!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”