Changes/Themes you want to enforce in a color(s)

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 4 months ago

See title. This is a brainstorming topic.

I like the "modular" theme we recently see in W/G, such as Gylwain, Casting Director and Aragorn, Company Leader, combining both color's affinity for creatures and blessings. Instead of giving out something powerful, you put small trinkets here and there for regular citizens. Kutzil, Malamet Exemplar and Sovereign Okinec Ahau also fit the bill here, this feel of "encouraging growth in commoners" is what I want to see more in W/G.

What I want to see change, is to give U/B more of a "schemer" feel, i.e., benefit from manipulation. As much as I'm an avid fan of theft and mill, they had been U/B's core theme for over a decade now, I think it's time to spin a new feel to it, like how W/R outgrew its myopic, combat-centric theme. The Master, Mesmerist is a good example in this regard, where you benefit through masterminding the game, offer them things they cannot refuse. Instead of a political commander, you get a political "siren".

MrBloo
Pronoun: he / him

Post by MrBloo » 4 months ago

A Simic theme that goes back to its roots of "experimental biology" would be cool. Think Unexpected Results, where instead of being another "boring simic value engine" commander, you get to have some of the unpredictable nature of Izzet (and experimentation in general) but with less of the chaos since you are now a "curious mad scientist" instead of a "reckless mad scientist".

An Orzhov theme that leans more heavily into the whole "syndicate" feel and making a monkey's paw type of deals with the table.

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 4 months ago

MrBloo wrote:
4 months ago
An Orzhov theme that leans more heavily into the whole "syndicate" feel and making a monkey's paw type of deals with the table.
Silverquill. I think WotC should start looking at black as a color not just about cruelty and ruthlessness, but also cunning and knows how to bargain.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”