The Mycotyrant - Welcome to Fungopolis

kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kirkusjones » 6 months ago

Pretty simple - I think fungi are incredible organisms. They printed a mushroom that does everything I want to do in BG in one convenient package. This list is a first draft, once I get some games in with it, I should have a better idea of what works and what doesn't.
Welcome to Fungopolis
Approximate Total Cost:

Manabase is still under construction, obviously.

I jammed pretty much every decent fungus I could find into the deck, along with a healthy dose of dredge/mill with a little bit of reanimation. I wish descend triggered off of any card going to the grave, but my permanent density should be good enough.

My group runs next to no graveyard hate, so I'm not concerned about getting RIP'd or something similar.

Plan A - mill my way into a bunch of tokens on each of my turns and beat down with a fungal army.

Plan B - reanimate one of the big critters, beat face or sac to Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord to kill the table.

Plan C - Some flavor of Living Death.

It's a little removal light at the moment, not sure how much I love Attrition, but I want to make sure I have enough permanents to trigger descend consistently.

Open to suggestions! I'd like to stick to the fungal subtheme, so if I've missed a good fungus, let me know.

Return to “Decklists”