Light-Paws, Emperor's Voice and Sage's Reverie, tutored aura, draw 2?

SpeedGrapher
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by SpeedGrapher » 7 months ago

Hi,
If I have Light-Paws, Emperor's Voice in play. I cast Sage's Reverie it enters the battlefield. The draw effect is on the stack. Light-Paws, Emperor's Voice ability triggers. I tutor for the aura, then I let Sage's Reverie ability resolve and I draw 2 cards? The tutor trigger resolves first right?

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 7 months ago
In this case these are both triggered abilities you control that are triggered by the same thing - Sage's Reverie entering the battlefield. You can put them on the stack, and therefore have them resolve, in the order of your choice. So yes, if you put an Aura onto the battlefield attached to Light-Paws before the Reverie's triggered ability resolves, you will draw an additional card.
Go to full post

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 7 months ago

In this case these are both triggered abilities you control that are triggered by the same thing - Sage's Reverie entering the battlefield. You can put them on the stack, and therefore have them resolve, in the order of your choice. So yes, if you put an Aura onto the battlefield attached to Light-Paws before the Reverie's triggered ability resolves, you will draw an additional card.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”