New Challenge Every Day - September 7th: Soul-sculpt

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

Today's Challenge: Soul-sculpt (Either transform target Lightform you control, or create a colorless Lightform artifact token. It transforms into a copy of this permanent.)

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
Rithaniel 16 (+8)
void_nothing 16 (+3)
Komandon 11 (+3)
netn10 10
haywire 6 (+1)
wizyard 3
KB52665 4 (+3)
.::Note of the Day::.

Rithaniel pulls off one of the most impressive one-day scores in NCED in a while... and this round will be a bit shortened once again in order for me to be able to post the thread earlier in the night tomorrow.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
robot invaders
netn10 wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: Rithaniel, void_nothing

The Machines Will Rise WWUB
Sorcery (Mythic)
Destroy all nonartifact creatures. Put an animation counter on each noncreature artifact. (Each nonland permanent with an animation counter is an artifact creature with power and toughness each equal to its mana value.)

IIW: Animation counter
haywire wrote:
8 months ago
votes: KB52665, rithaniel

Attack of the Cyber-Mites
Instant {R}
Until end of turn, whenever a creature dies, return it to the battlefield face-down under your control. It's a 2/2 Cyberman artifact creature. Then, each opponent faces a villainous choice — sacrifice 3 nontoken creatures, or you gain control of target creature they control and it becomes a Cyberman artifact creature in addition to its other types.

IIW: Negative uses of usually positive keywords or abilities
LandellXil0cent wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: rithaniel, void_nothing

Phyrexian Converters
Creature - Phyrexian Swarm {R}
[5/3]
Trample
When Phyrexian Converters attacks, target creature can't block this turn.
When Phyrexian Converters deals combat damage to a player, you may destroy target artifact that player controls. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on Phyrexian Converters and create a token that's a copy of Phyrexian Converters.
: Target opponent creates a Phyrexian Mite creature token.
IIW: non-landfall land mechanic
Raptorchan wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: Rithaniel, Komandon

Dormant AI 1ub
Artifact (R)
When Dormant AI enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, scry 1.
At the beginning of your end step, if Dormant AI is a creature, transform it.
//
Doomsday Engine
● Artifact Creature — Construct
When this creature transforms into Doomsday Engine, destroy all nonartifact creatures.
1u: Put a +1/+1 on target artifact. If it's not a creature, it becomes a 0/0 artifact creature until end of turn.
4/4

IIW: Reach matters
Rithaniel wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: KB52665 (You should probably round the mana value), Komandon

The Silver March
Enchantment - Saga R
(As this saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after V.)
I - Create two colorless 1/1 Thopter artifact creature tokens with flying.
II, III, IV - Create two colorless 2/2 Construct artifact creature tokens.
V - If there more artifact creatures than non-artifact creatures on the battlefield, destroy all non-artifact creatures.

IIW: Mana-fixing land with a new twist
Komandon wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: void_nothing , Rithaniel

Silver Deluge 5
Artifact creature - Robot (Mythic)
At the beginning of your end step create a token copy of Silver Deluge.
Silver Deluge gets +1/+1 for each creature that shares its name.
3, Sacrifice another creature named Silver Deluge: Target creature named Silver Deluge can not be blocked this turn. Activate this as a sorcery.
"At first there was just one. A tiny shining metal well, thing. It stated to split into two. Then four and so on. A shiny metal flood of tiny things. I'm the last survivor of my land. I fear they will be everywhere soon." — Unknown
1/1

IIW: evergreen keyword tribal.
KB52665 wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: Komandon, Rithaniel

Synthoid Conspiracy xx
Tribal Instant — Robot (Uncommon)
Cleave xxccc
Counter target creature spell [with mana value 3 or less] that's one or more colors. Create a token that's a copy of it, except it's an X/X colorless Robot creature token with ", sacrifice this creature: Draw a card." Then put a +1/+1 counter on each Robot creature token you control.

IIW: Two complimentary partner commanders of different colors
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
8 months ago
haywire rithaniel
void_nothing wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: KB52665, Rithaniel

Automaton Uprising 3RR
Enchantment (R)
Whenever you attack with one or more artifact creatures, reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal an artifact creature card. Put that card onto the battlefield tapped and attacking and put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
4RR: Create a 3/1 red Construct artifact creature token with haste.

IIW: A card that creates multiple different tokens that don't share a color with it
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 8 months ago

IIW: haywire, Raptorchan

Turabin-Stairs Mending u
Sorcery (Common)
Put target creature or enchantment card with mana value 3 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield. Soul-scalpt it.
There's nothing on Xerex that cannot be created from another thing, no matter how abstract.

IIW: u

haywire

Post by haywire » 8 months ago

votes: raptorchan, rithaniel

Reflexive Narcissism
Enchantment {R}
At the beginning of your end step, you may choose 2 target creatures with the same name. If you do, choose one of them. That creature soul-sculpts. (Either transform target Lightform you control, or create a colorless Lightform artifact token. It transforms into a copy of that permanent.)
"Does idolizing a distinct, yet identical, copy of oneself constitute self-absorption? A peculiar question indeed."
- Ellamos the Sculptor

IIW: Rare or mythic combat tricks

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 8 months ago

Votes: Komandon, KB52665

Collector of Bleeding Light
Creature - Spirit Demon R
Whenever a nontoken creature you control dies, you may pay 2 life. If you do, that creature soul-sculpts (Either transform target Lightform you control, or create a colorless Lightform artifact token. It transforms into a copy of that creature.)
, Sacrifice a Lightform: Draw a card.
"I seek souls not because I hate them, but because I love them. Nothing compares to their beauty."
3/3

IIW: DFC where one side is a vanilla or french vanilla creature.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

KB52665

Post by KB52665 » 8 months ago

Votes: Rithaniel, Raptorchan

Meager Mote 0
Creature - Lightform Spirit (U)
At the beginning of combat on your turn, Meager Mote phases out until your next turn.
Whenever Meager Mote phases in, soul-sculpt. (Either transform a Lightform token you control, or create a colorless Lightform artifact token. It transforms into a copy of this creature.)
w, sacrifice three creatures named Meager Mote: Create a colorless enchantment token with "Spells your opponents cast cost 1 more to cast."
0/1

IIW: "As long as ______, ______ isn't a [Card Type]."

Komandon
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Komandon » 8 months ago

Votes: LandellXil0cent , KB52665 (👍. A counter spell that can work in any deck. )

Radioactive Deviation 1BB
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Creature.
Enchanted creature is a Lightform creature in addition to its other types and has deathtouch.
When Radioactive Deviation enters the battlefield put a a -1/-1 counter of enchanted creature.
At the beginning of your upkeep put a -1/-1 counter on enchanted creature.
When enchanted creature dies, if you control it Soul-sculpt otherwise it's controller loses life equal to the number of -1/-1 counters on enchanted creature. (Either transform target Lightform you control, or create a colorless Lightform artifact token. It transforms into a copy of this permanent.)

IIW: a card related to and in name to a chemistry or physics theme.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

Votes: Raptorchan, Rithaniel

Archon of Tyesa Ude 4W
Creature - Archon (M)
Flying
Whenever Archon of Tyesa Ude deals combat damage to a player or leaves the battlefield, each nontoken, nonland permanent with mana value 3 or less you control soul-sculpts.
At the beginning of each end step, if you soul-sculpted this turn, you may pay RW. When you do, Archon of Tyesa Ude deals damage equal to the number of times you soul-sculpted this turn to any target and you gain that much life.
4/4

IIW: Blue midrange
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”