void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

Today's Challenge: robot invaders

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
void_nothing 13 (+3)
netn10 10 (+1)
Rithaniel 8 (+0)
Komandon 8 (+2)
haywire 5 (+2)
wizyard 3 (+3)
KB52665 1 (+1)
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Non-mana flashback cost
KB52665 wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: void_nothing, komandon

Trimbodranc's Sunken Spellbook 1uub
Legendary Artifact (R)
: Mill 5 cards. Put a page counter on each instant or sorcery spell milled this way. Each spell in your graveyard that has a page counter on it has flashback. To pay the flashback cost of a spell with a page counter on it, exile at least one land from your graveyard and pay life equal to half that spell's converted mana cost.
They say Trimbodranc knew precisely how deep to submerge his spellbook, such that a servant sent to retrieve it would drown just before reaching the surface.

IIW: 4-stage transform card. Double sided, and each side is a split flip.
haywire wrote:
8 months ago
votes: wizyard, komandon

Petition the Divines
Sorcery {M}
Create a 1/1 white Cleric creature token with "Gods you control have lifelink", a 1/1 blue Illusion creature token with "Gods you control have ward ", a 1/1 black Shade creature token with "Whenever a God you control dies, you may sacrifice this creature. If you do, return that God to the battlefield tapped", a 1/1 red Elemental creature token with "Gods you control have first strike" and a 1/1 green Beast creature token with "At the beginning of combat on your turn, put 2 +1/+1 counters on target God you control."
Flashback - Tap 3 untapped Gods you control

IIW: 1/1s for 1
Rithaniel wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: haywire, void_nothing

Emrakul's Touch
Sorcery U
Target opponent sacrifices a permanent.
Flashback—Sacrifice two Horror, Scion, or Spawn permanents. (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)
The world withers under her fingertip.

IIW: Soul-sculpt (Either transform target Lightform you control, or create a colorless Lightform artifact token. It transforms into a copy of this permanent.)
void_nothing wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: wizyard, netn10

Into the Deadfall 2R
Instant (U)
This spell can't be countered.
Into the Deadfall deals 4 damage to target artifact creature, creature with flying, or battle and 1 damage to each opponent.
Flashback - Sacrifice a Forest.

IIW: Wolf tribal
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
8 months ago
wizyard kb52665
Komandon wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: haywire , void_nothing

Great Balls of FireXRR
Instant (Rare)
Deal X damage divided among any number of targets.
Flashback - Sacrifice X nontoken artifacts.
"Goodness Gracious. Great Balls of Fire" — Jerry Lee Lewis

IIW: farm tribal.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 8 months ago

Votes: Rithaniel, void_nothing

The Machines Will Rise WWUB
Sorcery (Mythic)
Destroy all nonartifact creatures. Put an animation counter on each noncreature artifact. (Each nonland permanent with an animation counter is an artifact creature with power and toughness each equal to its mana value.)

IIW: Animation counter

haywire

Post by haywire » 8 months ago

votes: KB52665, rithaniel

Attack of the Cyber-Mites
Instant {R}
Until end of turn, whenever a creature dies, return it to the battlefield face-down under your control. It's a 2/2 Cyberman artifact creature. Then, each opponent faces a villainous choice — sacrifice 3 nontoken creatures, or you gain control of target creature they control and it becomes a Cyberman artifact creature in addition to its other types.

IIW: Negative uses of usually positive keywords or abilities

LandellXil0cent

Post by LandellXil0cent » 8 months ago

Votes: rithaniel, void_nothing

Phyrexian Converters
Creature - Phyrexian Swarm {R}
[5/3]
Trample
When Phyrexian Converters attacks, target creature can't block this turn.
When Phyrexian Converters deals combat damage to a player, you may destroy target artifact that player controls. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on Phyrexian Converters and create a token that's a copy of Phyrexian Converters.
: Target opponent creates a Phyrexian Mite creature token.
IIW: non-landfall land mechanic
Last edited by LandellXil0cent 8 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

Post by Raptorchan » 8 months ago

Votes: Rithaniel, Komandon

Dormant AI 1ub
Artifact (R)
When Dormant AI enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, scry 1.
At the beginning of your end step, if Dormant AI is a creature, transform it.
//
Doomsday Engine
● Artifact Creature — Construct
When this creature transforms into Doomsday Engine, destroy all nonartifact creatures.
1u: Put a +1/+1 on target artifact. If it's not a creature, it becomes a 0/0 artifact creature until end of turn.
4/4

IIW: Reach matters

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 8 months ago

Votes: KB52665 (You should probably round the mana value), Komandon

The Silver March
Enchantment - Saga R
(As this saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after V.)
I - Create two colorless 1/1 Thopter artifact creature tokens with flying.
II, III, IV - Create two colorless 2/2 Construct artifact creature tokens.
V - If there more artifact creatures than non-artifact creatures on the battlefield, destroy all non-artifact creatures.

IIW: Mana-fixing land with a new twist
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 8 months ago

Votes: void_nothing , Rithaniel

Silver Deluge 5
Artifact creature - Robot (Mythic)
At the beginning of your end step create a token copy of Silver Deluge.
Silver Deluge gets +1/+1 for each creature that shares its name.
3, Sacrifice another creature named Silver Deluge: Target creature named Silver Deluge can not be blocked this turn. Activate this as a sorcery.
"At first there was just one. A tiny shining metal well, thing. It stated to split into two. Then four and so on. A shiny metal flood of tiny things. I'm the last survivor of my land. I fear they will be everywhere soon." — Unknown
1/1

IIW: evergreen keyword tribal.

KB52665

Post by KB52665 » 8 months ago

Votes: Komandon, Rithaniel

Synthoid Conspiracy xx
Tribal Instant — Robot (Uncommon)
Cleave xxccc
Counter target creature spell [with mana value 3 or less] that's one or more colors. Create a token that's a copy of it, except it's an X/X colorless Robot creature token with ", sacrifice this creature: Draw a card." Then put a +1/+1 counter on each Robot creature token you control.

IIW: Two complimentary partner commanders of different colors
Last edited by KB52665 8 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 8 months ago

haywire rithaniel
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

Votes: KB52665, Rithaniel

Automaton Uprising 3RR
Enchantment (R)
Whenever you attack with one or more artifact creatures, reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal an artifact creature card. Put that card onto the battlefield tapped and attacking and put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
4RR: Create a 3/1 red Construct artifact creature token with haste.

IIW: A card that creates multiple different tokens that don't share a color with it
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”