void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

Today's Challenge: At random

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
void_nothing 4 (+4)
netn10 3 (+3)
Rithaniel 2 (+2)
Komandon 1 (+1)
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
"T: Add U or R. Each opponent ___"
netn10 wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: void_nothing, Rithaniel

Johann's Playful Lab
Legendary Land (Rare)
T: Add U or R. Each opponent creates an Animate Role attached to a permanent they control. (Enchanted permanent is a creature with base power and toughness 3/3 in addition to its other types.)
"It won't kill you to read a book, they said. So anyways, now the whole library wants to kill me."
- Johann, Apprentice Sorcerer

IIW: Crossover with an IP you love
Komandon wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: voids_nothing , Netn10

Madcap Inventor 1UR
Creature - Human Artificer
Artifacts cost you 1 less for each Thopter on the battlefield.
T, add U or R, each opponent creates a tapped 1/1 colors Thopter artifact creature token with flying.
When Madcap Inventor dies, destroy all artifact token.
1/3

IIW: a mana dork or mana rock with a drawback when activated.
void_nothing wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: netn10, Rithaniel

Plunder Squadron 3B
Creature - Human Rogue Ally (R)
T: Add G or W. Create a Food token. Activate only if you've cast an enchantment spell this turn.
T: Add U or R. Each opponent creates a 0/1 colorless Goblin Construct artifact creature token with "This creature can't block" and "At the beginning of your upkeep, this creature deals 1 damage to you." Activate only if you've cast an artifact spell this turn.
3/3

IIW: Removal or counterspells with flavorful restrictions
Rithaniel wrote:
8 months ago
Votes: Komandon, void_nothing

Mana Gourmand
Creature - Elf Druid R
: Add or . Each opponent loses 2 life unless they pay .
: Add or . Create a 1/1 green Spirit creature token unless any player pays .
3/3

IIW: Mana-fixing land with a new twist
haywire wrote:
8 months ago
votes: void_nothing, netn10

Rod of Colliding Fronts
Artifact {R}
When Rod of Colliding Fronts enters the battlefield, if it was cast, each opponent may create a token that's a copy of it.
: Add or . Each opponent may put a charge counter on a permanent they control named Rod of Colliding Fronts.
At the beginning of your precombat main phase, remove all charge counters from Rod of Colliding Fronts. Add that much mana in any combination of and/or .

IIW: spells that can't normally be cast from your hand
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Komandon
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Komandon » 8 months ago

Votes: voids_nothing , Netn10

Blizzard Exchange 3U
Sorcery
Starting with you choose a permanent you control and another player at random gains control of it. Each repeats this process for each other player that hasn't been chosen.

IIW. A new pairing of two legendary creatures of different types that isn't in MOM made into a single new card.

netn10

Post by netn10 » 8 months ago

Votes: Rithaniel, Komandon

Pranks of the Fae UR
Sorcery (Rare)
For each creature you control, choose a Role token at random between Cursed, Monster, Royal, Sorcerer and Wicked. Create that token attached to that creature.
Flashback - Sacrifice each Role you control.

IIW: Non-mana flashback cost.

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 8 months ago

netn10 haywire
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

haywire

Post by haywire » 8 months ago

(apologies for the late entry to yesterday's, it was the first one I saw and I completely did not realize that it wasn't today's)
votes: void_nothing, rithaniel

Fickle Favor
Enchantment {R}
At the beginning of your end step, choose a creature at random and put a favor counter on it. If your devotion to any one color is greater than or equal to 7, you may instead choose a creature that is that color at random and put a favor counter on it.
Creatures with one or more favor counters on them have "This creature can't be blocked."
Creatures with two or more favor counters on them have hexproof.
Creatures with three or more favor counters on them have protection from everything.
Who the gods favor is often impossible to predict, and the boons they bestow often impossible to overcome.

IIW: a mechanic tied to a specific plane used in a different one

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 8 months ago

Votes: Komandon, haywire

Riddle of Kaluun
Instant U
Choose one at random—
  • Search your library for an instant or sorcery card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.
  • Counter target spell.
IIW: Soul-sculpt (Either transform target Lightform you control, or create a colorless Lightform artifact token. It transforms into a copy of this permanent.)
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

Votes: Komandon, Rithaniel

Living Duet 2W
Creature - Elemental (U)
Vigilance
1U, T: Draw a card. Activate only as a sorcery and only if you control a Siren.
1B, T: Each opponent discards a card at random. Activate only as a sorcery and only if you control a Specter.
2/3

IIW: Nontraditional undead
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”