Tortex

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 9 months ago

Hello all and Welcome to the Tortex Engine based thread. While this is no primer I wanted to start talking about a deck I love and with some recent additions in Commander Masters The deck has made a shift that makes me excited to test it out.

Currently I am running a Catcow variant but many versions of the deck exist. I figured I'd post my current deck and will update once I get a league or two in.

Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 9 months ago

This is a sweet deck, but the numbers seem a little random. Rootwalla, Bartered Cow, and cauldron familiar could easily be 4-ofs. IMO, cutting the skeletons and a lotleth giant would be an easy swap for more consistency.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 9 months ago

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
9 months ago
This is a sweet deck, but the numbers seem a little random. Rootwalla, Bartered Cow, and cauldron familiar could easily be 4-ofs. IMO, cutting the skeletons and a lotleth giant would be an easy swap for more consistency.
I think you are right. I just have always loved the chaotic 1-3 copies that Tortex decks typically run as it feels unique to the deck's efficiency despite the occasional inconstancy.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 9 months ago

Ulka wrote:
9 months ago
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
9 months ago
I think you are right. I just have always loved the chaotic 1-3 copies that Tortex decks typically run as it feels unique to the deck's efficiency despite the occasional inconstancy.
That's really interesting. For some reason my brain latches onto even numbers, so I'm always jamming 2 or 4 copies of a given card if I can. In formats with more rarities, I'm still a big believer in 3 copies of a legendary max in the maindeck, no matter how many monkeys in modern say otherwise.

Lemme know how it plays! I've been buying into pauper in a big way lately, both as a way to learn a new format and to cheaply teach people how to play while still maintaining more interesting complexity than a welcome deck or whatever. I recently bought into Black Burn, Caw Gates, and Boros Synthesizer, but I'd love to add a combo deck to the roster eventually. I think I like this a touch more than Flicker or Defender Combo.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Established”