MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 7 months ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
7 months ago
Regarding that Barrow Naughty: You can definitely tell that they were afraid of a Faerie resurgence in multiple.

There is a certain conservative reticence, an undercurrent of restraint running though the Faerie cards in this set; that, and the stench of fear. :rofl:

Understandable of course, but just imagine how hilarious it would be for one of the Faerie to just complete break the metagame of one or more formats.
The true problem is faeries are such a mainstay to the pauper metagame that the commons for faeries have to be super powered down or they risk creating another tier 0 deck for pauper which is a design concern that doesn't show up nearly as much in more recent sets when it comes to common design so it feel more stark in that regard for me.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 7 months ago

Ulka wrote:
7 months ago
The true problem is faeries are such a mainstay to the pauper metagame that the commons for faeries have to be super powered down or they risk creating another tier 0 deck for pauper which is a design concern that doesn't show up nearly as much in more recent sets when it comes to common design so it feel more stark in that regard for me.
I forgot there was an Eternal format where the damn things are still top tier lol
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 6 months ago

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 10/2/23 is Dralnu's Crusade.

An early experiment by R&D at making creature types a set theme.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 10/9/23 is Gingerbread Hunter // Puny Snack.

Hey, one of those new off-color Adventure cards!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 10/10/23 is Tuya Bearclaw.

Exactly what I want out of an uncommon legend: An ability that is sort of generic but powerful and scales with your deck.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 6 months ago

void_nothing wrote:
6 months ago
The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 10/10/23 is Tuya Bearclaw.

Exactly what I want out of an uncommon legend: An ability that is sort of generic but powerful and scales with your deck.
I love the design of this card however I wish it had an activated ability to gain trample if not just having trample outright but that's me always wishing this was good enough for my peasant cube where it always feels just shy.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 10/11/23 is Hired Poisoner.

It feels like this card's flavor text doesn't QUITE square with deathtouch, but oh well.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 10/12/23 is Sarevok's Tome.

Thankfully not Pauper-legal.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 10/13/23 is Giant Spider.

The last core set survivor!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 10/17/23 is Tahngarth's Glare.

I'd almost play this for the lols if it were a cantrip.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 10/18/23 is Ballista Charger.

A nice, simple, Limited bomb Vehicle.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 10/19/23 is Needlepeak Spider.

Imagine that - and Giant Spider came up not long ago.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 6 months ago

I'm kinda mad that this wasn't named Large Spider... that said I love planar chaos designs.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 6 months ago

I really want these to be connected someway, like two sides of a DFC.

Placid Spider/Angry Spider?
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 10/24/23 is Impromptu Raid.

One of those funky Shadowmoor block enchantments - at the time, and still, in fact, it was interesting to see Sneak Attack bleed into green.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 10/30/23 is Bala Ged Recovery // Bala Ged Sanctuary.

The effect "Return target card from your graveyard to your hand" has gone through some strange evolution in power level, from Regrowth's initial printing in Alpha and being deemed to powerful to the much weaker Elven Cache to a middle ground in Recollect to, now, Recollect with a little upside being the usual thing to see in a Standard set and Regrowth being regularly reprinted outside of Standard.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 5 months ago

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 10/31/23 is Sceptre of Eternal Glory.

Like a Gilded Lotus variant that rewards actually being a monocolor deck (like the Necrons are in 40K Commander). Note the unusual spelling of "Sceptre" - this is what happens when you adapt a British IP to Universes Beyond!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 11/1/23 is Concerted Defense.

Batching!!! There's still things that can be done with party, I think.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 11/2/23 is Seal of Strength.

I like Seal enchantments as a concept.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 11/6/23 is Rayami, First of the Fallen.

Obviously one of many, many riffs on this same concept.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 11/27/23 is Aetherworks Marvel.

A Problem back in its own Standard. I like energy a lot but its first outing showed it to enable degenerate interactions with some of the cards it was printed on. Of course, that doesn't make it a problem mechanic in the same way as storm or dredge.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 11/28/23 is Myr Reservoir.

Built to do combo things in an Urtet, Remnant of Memnarch deck!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 11/29/23 is Sacred White Deer.

Global Series was pretty odd but I do miss the planeswalker deck cards.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 4 months ago

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 11/30/23 is Renegade Troops.

With that generic of a name I'm surprised this card was never reprinted in a core set.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 4 months ago

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 12/4/23 is Djinni Windseer.

One of the simplest and most intuitive d20 rolling designs.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”