MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 months ago

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 12/5/23 is Night Terrors.

With a generic, evocative name and a simple effect, you'd think this would be reprinted more often. Does R&D actively want to avoid using exile over discard for Coercions? Surely not because of the likes of Agonizing Remorse and Check for Traps, right?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 12/6/23 is Serrated Biskelion.

I actually previously have not appreciate how futuristic this card was at the time. It's a Time Spiral or even Modern Horizons-style double homage card to Serrated Arrows and Triskelion... printed in Weatherlight!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Stellated Biskelion 6
Artifact Creature - Skelion Construct (R)
T: Put a +1/+1 counter on Stellated Biskelion and a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
"Whereas Karn shimmers with silver, the biskelion shimmers with starlight." - Jhoira
2/2

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 4 months ago

That needs to be at least "another target creature," more likely "target creature another player controls" and possibly "target creature controlled by an opponent."

That being said, a 2/2 for 6 that could turn itself into a 4/4 ... ehh, that's really not that good at all. 'Cept maybe in a dedicated +1/+1 counters-matter deck. Leave as is.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 12/7/23 is Shire Shirriff.

The irony of course is "Bribing Guards with Food" is likely what you'd do to get the ETB effect.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 12/11/23 is Wingcrafter.

Arguably the simplest and most obvious soulbond design that would come to mind.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 4 months ago

void_nothing wrote:
4 months ago
The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 12/11/23 is Wingcrafter.

Arguably the simplest and most obvious soulbond design that would come to mind.
I love Soulbond creatures at common and uncommon as it rewards having a certain creature density in your draft pool which is also where I like to see them the most, in limited.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 12/12/23 is Rishadan Cutpurse.

The Masques Pirate mechanic was... definitely something, huh.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 12/22/23 is Armored Scrapgorger.

There's an oddly high number of green mana-making creatures that get a p/t bonus for something to do with the graveyard.

OneAndOnly

I hate oil counters. They don't do anything that other counters don't already do.

Scrapgorger is a silly Hill Giant dressed up as a Birds of Paradise. It doesn't really do either version that well, though. Hilarious if you can give it vigilance somehow. ;P

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 4 months ago

OneAndOnly wrote:
4 months ago
I hate oil counters. They don't do anything that other counters don't already do.
Oil counters are Phyrexian charge counters :)
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 12/27/23 is Wormfang Drake.

The drawback {U/R} Nightmares from Judgment are mostly not good apart from the combotastic Worldgorger Dragon but I have an odd soft sport for them. This one in particular basically has champion a creature!

OneAndOnly

The Nightmares, iirc, did really weird things if you could get two of them onto the battlefield targeting each other. Also, because it's pre-M15 wording, there's the shenanigans of stacking triggered abilities in such-and-such a fashion that you could exile a creature permanently.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 3 months ago

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 1/10/24 is Structural Assault.

I actually think the "chain reaction" effect here is a pretty cool concept particularly for multi-type mass removal.

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 3 months ago

Sac five treasures to pay the cost to play it, then deal 5 to all creatures even if there aren't any other artifacts on the battlefield. Hmmm......

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 1/11/23 is Shinewend.

The Morningtide "remove a +1/+1 counter" Elementals play very well with proliferate, which was released not that much later.

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 3 months ago

I first read this cardname as "%$#%," which isn't quite so family friendly.

It's a nice design! Plays like a Mesa Pegasus / Demystify mash-up, but has some interesting implications with white's anthems and +1/+1 counter spaces (bolster, mentor, etc.)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
user_938036 wrote:
3 years ago
I love what they did with this card. Its not something we can reasonably expect to ever see again due to the new block structure. For anyone unaware. We get images of the same person over the course of the three sets. With the first two being quotes from her and the last being a quote from Tajic that names her. She's Mileva.

Tenth District Veteran
Tenth District Legionnaire
Technically, Guilds of Ravnica, Ravnica Allegiance, and War of the Spark were made under the current set model. R&D can kind of just make blocks when they feel like it, although it unfortunately has yet to happen again.

I do really like the flavor of these cards but I wish the Legionnaire was a bit bigger (and cost more, concurrently) to make it more of a linear progression.
I know this is a three-year-old self-quote, but this is my thread: Tenth District Hero made dreams come true just now.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 months ago

void_nothing wrote:
3 months ago
Tenth District Hero made dreams come true just now.
Is she big enough now? :rofl:
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 2 months ago

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 2/21/24 is Soul Read.

It's like a Cryptic Command at common! Both modes are always going to be useful and if there's ever a RuPaul's Drag Race Secret Lair this one's going in just for the name.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 months ago

void_nothing wrote:
2 months ago
The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 2/21/24 is Soul Read.

It's like a Cryptic Command at common! Both modes are always going to be useful and if there's ever a RuPaul's Drag Race Secret Lair this one's going in just for the name.
Honestly one of my favorite cards printed int he past few years due to my Turbo Cube where all spells and activated abilities cost 3 less to cast/activate.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 2 months ago

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 2/22/24 is Sanguine Indulgence.

A common payoff for one of the many, many WB lifegain Limited themes there have been over the years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”