Lore System for CCC Planes?

Would you build a universe and use a lore system to flesh it out if I made the section?

Poll ended at 11 months ago

Yes
83%
Maybe
17%
No
No votes

Total votes: 6

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 11 months ago

Some of us just like to make random cards, and some of us like to flesh out entire new planes that we visit across multiple sets, with intricately detailed histories, peoples, and places. For the latter of us, it's often hard to write it all out — but what if we had a system to detail planes, places, peoples, and events?

A couple years ago, I built a lore system for the site, where every major plane, legend, planeswalker, and event would have an entry giving you a quick rundown on who/what it is, why it's important, etc. It's sat unused (maybe one day I can find time/help to fill it out), BUT it spawned an idea: What if we had a system like that for CCC planes? You would detail the plane(s), locations on them, legends and planeswalkers, major events (past and present), etc.

So it begs the simplest of questions:
If I built it, would you use it?

I need to know if it's something that'll really get used and fleshed out if I made it and released it. If it's only a fringe minority of us, than it's probably not worth it — we can just make mega threads and what not. BUT, if it's something that a lot of people would be interested in...?
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 11 months ago

I think we're inherently a fringe minority. :cool: But I'd be very excited for this.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 11 months ago

Four votes doesn't inspire confidence in it's usage. But *I* kinda want it too, so...
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Venedrex » 11 months ago

void_nothing wrote:
11 months ago
I think we're inherently a fringe minority. :cool: But I'd be very excited for this.
Feyd_Ruin wrote:
11 months ago
Four votes doesn't inspire confidence in it's usage. But *I* kinda want it too, so...
AND MY AXE! sorry LOTR spoilers got to me lol
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”