Anikthea Token/Tribal

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 1 year ago

Anikthea, Hand of Erebos

I want to design an Anikthea deck with more token and/or tribal approach. Aside from Growing Ranks/Endless Ranks of the Dead which grow on their own, I'm looking for cards like Necromancer's Covenant, Liliana's Mastery, and Intangible Virtue to turn tokens into legitimate aggression, with some zombie tribal like Cryptbreaker and Wayward Servant.

Thoughts?

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

I mean making doubling season and the anointed procession into tokens feels fine lol

PrimevalCommander

Post by PrimevalCommander » 1 year ago

Crescendo of War is a card that had some interest to me in my mono-white creature deck. Note only YOUR blocking creatures get the buff, but everyone's attacking creatures get the buff. So that makes for an interesting dynamic for combat. If your stuff has vigilance, you are looking real good. True Conviction, though it is a bit mana intensive for me.

Rabble Rousing has been a standout card for my white deck. Allows me to swing with abandon with any 1/1 token and get an immediate replacement for blocking. Any creatures that don't die just add to my total next turn. Multiple of these will have you swarming the board in very short order. With card advantage to boot.

Teysa Karlov gives good keywords to tokens and may have some side-synergy with GY.

Lots of black death trigger creature makers on enchantments. Open the Graves and the one that makes Pest tokens that gives Pests pump and menace.

pokken

Sagas are a great idea! Self-sacrificing and gain value on etb.

Cyberium

PrimevalCommander wrote:
1 year ago
Crescendo of War is a card that had some interest to me in my mono-white creature deck. Note only YOUR blocking creatures get the buff, but everyone's attacking creatures get the buff. So that makes for an interesting dynamic for combat. If your stuff has vigilance, you are looking real good. True Conviction, though it is a bit mana intensive for me.
Extra attack power mix with first strike is always nice. Perhaps using Knighthood as a cheaper alternative?
PrimevalCommander wrote:
1 year ago
Rabble Rousing has been a standout card for my white deck. Allows me to swing with abandon with any 1/1 token and get an immediate replacement for blocking. Any creatures that don't die just add to my total next turn. Multiple of these will have you swarming the board in very short order. With card advantage to boot.

Teysa Karlov gives good keywords to tokens and may have some side-synergy with GY.
All the more reason to go with Crescendo up there, and there's the vigilance we're looking for, as with Hallowed Haunting. :D
pokken wrote:
1 year ago
Sagas are a great idea! Self-sacrificing and gain value on etb.
Oh yes, I had a taste of saga abuse in my testing. The only difficulty being trying to copy them before they fade away, but Pull from Eternity served me good.

What other stax enchantment besides Aura of Silence do we have? Is there any that could suppress trigger effects? (Aura Shards and Act of Authority were nasty to duplicate btw.)

I added Destiny Spinner as alternative protection and dps. Greater Good is surprisingly fun here.

Tribute to the World Tree has been pure advantage regardless of which token I create.

pokken

Rule of law and suppression field are both gonna be insanely good. Stony silence too.

I think reanimating stax effects as 3/3s with menace seems pretty grotesque and your commander breaks parity with eidolon of rhetoric and rule of law so that's nuts.

I also like righteous aura ofc.\

Also I know it's obvious but Doomwake Giant is a house in this deck

Chromaticus

Post by Chromaticus » 1 year ago

Ooh Parallax Wave and Saproling Burst?

I find it interesting that Myrkul, Lord of Bones explores this space from a completely opposite side of the spectrum, but that there's such a minuscule amount of crossover between the two decks.

Wow though - this actually is the deck for Song of the Worldsoul! Self- replicates to an exponential degree!

Cyberium

pokken wrote:
1 year ago
Rule of law and suppression field are both gonna be insanely good. Stony silence too.

I think reanimating stax effects as 3/3s with menace seems pretty grotesque and your commander breaks parity with eidolon of rhetoric and rule of law so that's nuts.
Suppression Field is a great add, love it.
Chromaticus wrote:
1 year ago
Ooh Parallax Wave and Saproling Burst?
A shame Parallax Tide can't be used, but Parallax Nexus is here too. This might justify adding Doubling Season in addition to other token doubling effects.
Chromaticus wrote:
1 year ago
I find it interesting that Myrkul, Lord of Bones explores this space from a completely opposite side of the spectrum, but that there's such a minuscule amount of crossover between the two decks.
I'm glad that's the case, it reduces redundancy in deck building, especially with a commander that has 3+ colors.
Chromaticus wrote:
1 year ago
Wow though - this actually is the deck for Song of the Worldsoul! Self- replicates to an exponential degree!
It got out of control pretty quickly, especially when you have Cathars' Crusade (in multiples) in play.

pokken

Cyberium wrote:
1 year ago
It got out of control pretty quickly, especially when you have Cathars' Crusade (in multiples) in play.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Man I lol at the idea of playing anthem tribal...Mirari's Wake Dictate of Heliod Intangible Virtue Always Watching Collective Blessing etc etc etc

hyalopterouslemur

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 1 year ago

pokken wrote:
1 year ago
I mean making doubling season and the anointed procession into tokens feels fine lol
You forgot Parallel Lives.

I would also recommend some things to make your tokens beefier. 3/3 is small in EDH.
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 9 months ago

I'll note that Nyxbloom Ancient and [[Legion Loyalty exist to further the multiplication shenanigans.

Ethereal Absolution is another powerful anthem option. Necromancer's Covenant is a nice token producer.

Deadbridge Chant / Nyx Weaver / The Mending of Dominaria may make sense as ways to fill the graveyard.

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 9 months ago

Mookie wrote:
9 months ago
The Mending of Dominaria
The shuffling at the end may be an issue, but a deck like this wouldn't lack self-mill either. Ethereal Absolution is an awesome choice to populate with.

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 9 months ago

Cyberium wrote:
9 months ago
The shuffling at the end may be an issue, but a deck like this wouldn't lack self-mill either. Ethereal Absolution is an awesome choice to populate with.
Yeah, my thinking is that the shuffling is mildly annoying... but you've probably milled a bunch of lands that you would likely want back anyway (plus the best enchantments may have already been exiled by Anikthea).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”