Unearth and Sundail of the Infinite

The Desacrator
Pronoun: he / him

Post by The Desacrator » 1 year ago

Mishra, Tamer of Mak Fawa
Sundial of the Infinite

If I Unearth some thing with Mishra, at what point do I activate the sundial to keep what I unearthed? Whenever I want? Or does it have to be end step when the trigger for them to go to exile goes on the stack?

Accepted Answer

by Mookie » 1 year ago
Unearth creates a delayed trigger that will exile the recurred permanent at the beginning of the next end step. If you activate Sundial of the Infinite during your main phase, you will skip the end step and go straight to cleanup, which means the trigger will go off during your opponent's end step instead (since that is the next one). On the other hand, if you activate it during your own end step in response to the trigger, then the turn will end without resolving the trigger and you'll keep your unearthed permanent.

Note that the replacement effect to exile it if it leaves the battlefield will still be active.
Go to full post

Mookie
Answers: 48
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 1 year ago

Unearth creates a delayed trigger that will exile the recurred permanent at the beginning of the next end step. If you activate Sundial of the Infinite during your main phase, you will skip the end step and go straight to cleanup, which means the trigger will go off during your opponent's end step instead (since that is the next one). On the other hand, if you activate it during your own end step in response to the trigger, then the turn will end without resolving the trigger and you'll keep your unearthed permanent.

Note that the replacement effect to exile it if it leaves the battlefield will still be active.

The Desacrator
Pronoun: he / him

Post by The Desacrator » 1 year ago

Awesome thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”