NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

NinjaCaterpie
Pronoun: he / him

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 4 years ago

Shifting Stalker 3UB
Creature - Shapeshifter Horror (R)
Hexproof
At the beginning of your upkeep, target player sacrifices a creature. If they do, Shifting Stalker becomes a copy of that creature until end of turn.
2/4

IIW: The most important part of Christmas - Boxing Day sales

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Gnashtooth Wiitigo 1RG
Snow Creature - Yeti (R)
Trample
Gnashtooth Wiitigo can't attack unless defending player controls a creature.
Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Gnashtooth Wiitigo by nonsnow creatures.
Gnashtooth Wiitigo must be blocked if able.
The tundra is hungry.
3/2

IIW: Stuff you want to see in the fourth Unset
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 4 years ago

Santy Claws RGW
Legendary Creature — Bear
Trample, haste
Whenever Santy Claws deals combat damage, add that much mana of any one color to your mana pool.
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, you may have that player gain control of Santy Claws. If you do, untap it and put a +1/+1 counter on it. Until end of turn it can't attack you or a planeswalker you control, and can't be sacrificed.
2/2

or alternately

Santy Claws RGW
Trample, haste
Whenever Santy Claws deals combat damage, add that much mana of any one color to your mana pool.
2G: Put a +1/+1 counter on Santy Claws. It gains indestructible until end of turn. Tap it.
2/2

IIW: Cards that change the target(s) of something on the stack.
Last edited by spacemonaut 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

spacemonaut wrote:
4 years ago
Santy Claws RGW
Trample, haste
Whenever Santy Claws deals damage, add that much mana of any one color to your mana pool.
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, you may have that player gain control of Santy Claws. If you do, untap it and put a +1/+1 counter on it. Until end of turn it can't attack you or a planeswalker you control, and can't be sacrificed.
2/2

...horror?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
...horror?
christmas bears are pretty scary

it could be a bear horror though :P

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Closing in on 1000 posts.

It begins

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

[mention]Ulka[/mention] you around?

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Midnight Stranger BR
(Art is of a burly old man sneaking through a dark, moonlit room. There's crumbs and drink dirtying his beard.)
Creature — Human Horror
Haste
Whenever Midnight Stranger deals combat damage to a player, you and that player each create a Treasure token.
In the morning the windows were smashed, the gin and cookies were gone, and gold was strewn around the floor for every house in the district.
2/2

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 4 years ago

[mention]void_nothing[/mention]

oh that's fun
MEG

SecondBestFriend
Exuberant!

Post by SecondBestFriend » 4 years ago

Marit Lage Goes to New York 2R
Enchantment- Saga (R)
{I-XII}: Create a colorless artifact Gold token with "Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color."
{XIII}: Create Marit Lage, a legendary 20/20 black Avatar creature token with flying and indestructible. Marit Lage deals 20 damage to each other creature you control.

Marit Lage is King Kong now. Gold is more flavorful than treasure here.

IIW: Sagas, or cards whose names are palindromes.
The Gay Cartoon Army vs. Your Team!

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 4 years ago

Sorry about the delay yall!

TacticalCelebrant - I love the Orb Like effect with the card. Im a huge fan of curses and man this card is just jiveing with what I like. The theme plays well and truley is a horror event imo.

Cythare - I like the frostbite mechanic. I like how the counters slowly wear down creatures. I do think snow creatures should be exempt from this however.

spacemonaut - man you went for it with this challenge. With krampus I like the card but could have been a great creature to make a magus of chains (of mestohpeles). Still very on flavor. I love the pun of santy claws and I think the first one works best with the giving aspect. I do love the flavor of midnight stranger as a horror take on santa.

NinjaCaterpie - Man I do love me some clones and hexproof. I feel like the card is cool but Clones with hexproof worry me a bit jsut due to the possiblity of noninteraction. However still solid flavor and design.

Void - I do love the flavor and I like the nonsnow and snow creatutre interaction as living in a snowy wonderland I see that intreaction a bit. The cards design fits the past designs of yetis and Im loving it.

SecondBestFriend - I love the card but im not seeing the theme here. I love the saga choice fyi.

Winner: Cythare - Frost bite is a silent creepy killer that takes you out slowly. I love its design and would jam it in may decks.

HM: TacticalCelebrant - this is a card that i would play the heck out of!

Next challange:

BUILD THE EASY ROAD
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Megiddo
MEG

Bridge from Below

IIW: Cantrips
MEG

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 4 years ago

Ulka wrote:
4 years ago
NinjaCaterpie - Man I do love me some clones and hexproof. I feel like the card is cool but Clones with hexproof worry me a bit jsut due to the possiblity of noninteraction. However still solid flavor and design.
It should lose hexproof when it clones something :P

Mindless Warfare 2RR
Enchantment (R)
Players can only cast spells on their turns.
Creatures attack each turn if able and can't block.
"If you can't outsmart your opponent, the only option left is to outstupid them." - Tank Mura, Goblin Commander

IIW: Goblin quotes.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

[mention]Cythare[/mention] Could you help me understand what you mean with this challenge? I'm having trouble making it click what kind of card I should be designing.

Megiddo
MEG

Sunbeaten Bricklayer 1W
Creature - Human Citizen {U}
T: Put a brick counter on Sunbeaten Bricklayer.
As long as Sunbeaten Bricklayer has three or more brick counters on it, creatures you control have plainswalk.
2/2

IIW: Remix something from your favorite set. (Remix = don't introduce new elements, just recombine what already exists)
MEG

SecondBestFriend
Exuberant!

Post by SecondBestFriend » 4 years ago

Trade Route
Land
T: Add C.
4, T: Put a brick counter on Trade Route, then create a 0/2 white Caravan creature token with "T: Gain 1 life". This ability costs 1 less for each brick counter on Trade Route.

IIW: Sagas or cards with palindromes for names.
The Gay Cartoon Army vs. Your Team!

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 4 years ago

Ulka wrote:
4 years ago
Cythare - I like the frostbite mechanic. I like how the counters slowly wear down creatures. I do think snow creatures should be exempt from this however.
Damage dealt by snow creatures isn't prevented. I initially only had it add counters when nonsnow creatures attacked or blocked, but felt that would likely be too inconsistent in a snow-themed set, and made the alternate win condition of freezing everything solid more difficult to balance if there was a chance that no creatures would trigger it in a Limited game.
spacemonaut wrote:
4 years ago
Cythare Could you help me understand what you mean with this challenge? I'm having trouble making it click what kind of card I should be designing.
I didn't have anything specific in mind. I wanted to see how people interpreted it. The source material that it's based on is that it's the motto of a guild in a society whose specialty is automation, but you could either make a land, an artifact, or however you interpret it.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

TacticalCelebrant

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 4 years ago

From very early Mirrodin.

Hungry Paver 3
Artifact Creature - Construct (U)
T, Sacrifice an artifact: Search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Great trawlers scoured the surface of Mirrodin. Collecting raw metal to feed the Great Forges. The trenches left behind were a welcome sight to lost travelers, for they always led to home.
2/2

IIW: Colored mana and Vehicles.

haywire

Post by haywire » 4 years ago

Holy crap my previous (now deleted) entry was the wall of text to end all wall of texts.

New entry:
Final Frontier
Legendary Land
Hexproof
Level up-- 2, discard a nonbasic land card.
Level 1- T: Add one mana of any color.
Level 4-2,T, sacrifice a land: Draw 2 cards.
Level 7- Whenever Final Frontier becomes tapped, you may have another target land you control become an Elemental creature with "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of land cards in your graveyard." It's still a land.

IIW: "The best offense is a good defense"
Last edited by haywire 4 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Aurelia's Conflagrator 1RW
Legendary Artifact
Instant and sorcery spells you control have lifelink.
2RW, T: Copy target red or white instant or sorcery spell you control. You may choose new targets for the copy.

Last edited by spacemonaut 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

wonderful

Post by wonderful » 4 years ago

Rogue Routes Map 2
Artifact (R)
2: Target creature can't be blocked this turn.
4, T: Creatures you control gain hexproof until end of turn.

iiw: Lead the Charge

Chemtrails

Post by Chemtrails » 4 years ago

Bloodfire Finesse 1R
Enchantment
Spells you cast cost 1 less to cast if they target a creature with converted mana cost 2 or less

IIW: Energy.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 4 years ago

NinjaCaterpie - Mindless Warfare
Is this easy? I wasn't envisioning "mindless" in this way, but this is one way to stop reactive decks from interacting with your burn deck.

Megiddo - Sunbeaten Bricklayer
This is cute. I like the flavor of building a road for all your guys to use, and as you may know, I am a sucker for uncommons. It's a serviceable Limited filler card that sometimes will just go the distance for you.

SecondBestFriend - Trade Route
I'm concerned about how this plays. The ability costing less with more brick counters makes sense from a building perspective but getting an 0/2 roadblock every turn with no additional mana cost seems like a rough way to drag things out, especially in multiples.

TacticalCelebrant - Hungry Paver
This is neat. I like the cost to payout value, and fits on Mirrodin.

haywire - Final Frontier
That's a pretty steep cost, especially in Limited. Also, it will only have one ability at a time, unless you change the templating.

spacemonaut - Aurelia's Conflagrator
This is an odd artifact for Boros, but it's neat. Given that RW often cares about spells being cast (on my mind due to heroic in Theros), I wish this used something closer to Spelltwine's functionality, but the wording there is way clunkier.

wonderful - Rogue Routes Map
This is a hell of a rare for punching through ground stalls. It feels fairly costed when you cast it and activate the first ability in the same turn, but on subsequent turns, the rate feels low for activating multiple times. I'm not sure how to fiddle with that, but I like what's going on here.

Chemtrails - Bloodfire Finesse
Neat! This is a cool cost reduction parameter, I like that you can use it for all players' cheap dorks, and it feels red.

HM: Chemtrails
Winner: Megiddo
Next: Remix something from your favorite set. (Remix = don't introduce new elements, just recombine what already exists)
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 4 years ago

(Uncommon cycle from ixalan!)
dinosaur pirate
Show
Hide
Ship's mascot 3R
Creature - Dinosaur Pirate
raid - Ship's mascot enters with an additional +1/+1 counter on it if you attacked with a creature this turn.
enrage - Whenever ship's mascot is dealt damage, create a treasure token.
Hatched aboard Brinley Rage's ship, it's never known a life far from the waves.
3/3
vampire pirate
Show
Hide
Faithless Conquistador 3B
Creature - Vampire Pirate
raid - At the beginning of your end step, if you attacked with a creature this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on faithless conquistador and each opponent loses one life.
"Just because I don't believe in the queen's corrupt war doesn't mean I'm not thirsty."
2/4
merfolk pirate
Show
Hide
Stormfleet Brineborn 3u
Creature - Merfolk Pirate
raid - At the beginning of your end step, if you attacked with a creature this turn, scry 1.
Sacrifice a treasure: This creature can't be blocked this turn.
"The rivers are nothing compared to the vast wonders of the sea. The pay isn't bad either."
3/2
vampire dinosaur
Show
Hide
Kinjalli's Convert 3W
Creature - Vampire
Dinosaurs you control have vigilance and first strike.
At the beginning of combat, you may have target dinosaur you control gain "enrage - Whenever this creature is dealt damage, gain 2 life."
"I no longer seek the immortal sun, the great wakening has shown me true enlightenment."
3/3
merfolk dinosaur
Show
Hide
Deeproot Herdtender 3G
Creature - Merfolk
Whenever a dinosaur you control deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
enrage - put a +1/+1 counter on another target creature you control
Some merfolk tend to dinosaurs, growing a sense of empathy between the pair
3/3
IIW: Uncommon walkers from war of the spark upshifted to rare.

Megiddo
MEG

i was about to go yell at bongo to judge... and here we are.
MEG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”