MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day

OneAndOnly
Pronoun: he / him

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

Sometimes you want to cast it again, though.

Examine the Relics -- 2WU
Sorcery {C}
Return target artfact card from your graveyard to your hand or to the battlefield.

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 1 year ago

perfect kinda sorcery you'd add Foretell to imo
Argivian Restoration's a big investment that sits in yr hand a while, I love the chance to pay in installments on plans like those

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

Wait wait lol, hang on, I've got it.

Just add the cheat code mechanic to it.

Careful Reconstruction
Sorcery — (U)
Return target artifact card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 1 year ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
Mysterious Repurposing 2ww
Sorcery (U)
Devoid
Return target artifact card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Cycling

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 3/30/23 is Goblin War Strike.

Why hasn't this been reprinted more? Love the Scourge flavor text.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 3/31/23 is Truss, Chief Engineer.

One of the Unfinity cards I wish weren't acorn, I think.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 3/31/23 is Truss, Chief Engineer.

One of the Unfinity cards I wish weren't acorn, I think.
This and More or Less are some of my favorite Acorn/silver bordered cards as its such a unique space that while kinda silly mechanically is decently powerful and in-line with more normal magic effect.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 4/3/23 is Kiss of the Amesha.

Really textbook combination-platter multicolor.

OneAndOnly

I really thought was called Kiss the Amoeba when I first saw it.

Different card altogether, that one.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 4/4/23 is Yotian Courier.
Digital-only design aside, I think the idea of alternating between modes is an interesting one that could be implemented in a physical-release card.

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 1 year ago

I do like the idea. I've designed something in a similar space that asks you to choose one that hasn't been chosen more than another, as there were 4 options that were going to fire off frequently.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

I think a lot of us in the Custom Card forums did something like this at one point or another, ie "choose one that hasn't been chosen last turn/last phase" etc. Interesting implications for gameplay, but possibly confusing in multiples.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 4/5/23 is Alpine Meadow.

For flavor alone, one of my favorite common dual cycles.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 4/6/23 is Hurloon Shaman.

Ouch, sick burn by Tahngarth.

Sporegorger_Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Ouch, sick burn by Tahngarth.
Where does he get off saying that? He's a freaking minotaur, and no dashing figure himself.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Where does he get off saying that? He's a freaking minotaur, and no dashing figure himself.
I assume he was a lot more handsome by Talruum standards before Volrath tortured him into albinism. Apparently he was an especially good-looking and impressive child, which led everyone to think he had a great destiny? His backstory's weird.

OneAndOnly

Quite a side-grade from Hurloon Minotaur.

Also, I feel like there's a weird "plow the land ... 'cause they're cattle!" joke hidden in the flavor text. (Well, that and Plow Under, maybe.)

Sporegorger_Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
he was an especially good-looking and impressive child
Huh, I stand corrected. I guess Hurloon look ugly to Talruum, so it's just good old-fashioned racism. :rofl:

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Tahngarth, Honored Calf RG
Legendary Creature - Minotaur Warrior (R)
Vigilance
Ward - Pay 2 life.
1R: Tahngarth can't be blocked by nonlegendary creatures this turn.
1G: Tangarth can't be blocked by creatures with lesser power this turn.
3/2

Sporegorger_Dragon

Hurloon Hero
2{R}
Creature - Minotaur Warrior (C)
As long as you control another Minotaur, Minotaur Hero gets +1/+1 and has trample.
2/3
"Huh. I admit some Hurloon minotaurs are easy on the eye." -Tahngarth, Talruum Hero

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 4/7/23 is Helium Squirter.

A very obvious graft design, a very silly name.

Sporegorger_Dragon

A candidate for retyping, perhaps? Jellyfish seems very apt here.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 4/10/23 is Gods Willing.

A modern classic design, I think.

OneAndOnly

Protection's such an interesting catch-all mechanic; it can be a counterspell, or make your creature unblockable, or prevent all the damage an opponent's creature might deal in combat .. until you get to weird cases like trample.

Shroud, hexproof, and ward all much more limited (because they only focus on the spell half). I'd prefer some version of hexproof that's oriented toward the player that provides it (ie, if I give my opponent's creature newhexproof, I can target it but they can't), giving it the potential to be used in a more aggressive fashion.

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 1 year ago

OneAndOnly wrote:
1 year ago
Protection's such an interesting catch-all mechanic; it can be a counterspell, or make your creature unblockable, or prevent all the damage an opponent's creature might deal in combat .. until you get to weird cases like trample.

Shroud, hexproof, and ward all much more limited (because they only focus on the spell half). I'd prefer some version of hexproof that's oriented toward the player that provides it (ie, if I give my opponent's creature newhexproof, I can target it but they can't), giving it the potential to be used in a more aggressive fashion.
That kind of does exist, but not keyworded: Canopy Cover

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”