NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

NinjaCaterpie
Pronoun: he / him

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 4 years ago

Frying Pan RG
Artifact - Equipment (U)
Equipped creature gets +1/+1.
Tap equipped creature, sacrifice a creature or Food: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. You gain 1 life.
Equip 1

IIW: a card where the same number appears 4+ times.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 4 years ago

Aminatou's Rainbow Crayon WUB
Legendary Artifact - Equipment (R)
Equipped creature has protection for all colors.
Whenever a perment or spell becomes the target of a spell or ability, you may have that become a color of you choice until end of turn.
Equip 1

IIW:Urza's Trinkets
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 4 years ago

Decisive Mail 2RR
Artifact — Equipment {R}
Equipped creature gets +2/+2.
At the beginning of each opponent's end step, if that player didn't cast a spell this turn, equipped creature deals damage equal to its power to that player.
Equip 3

IIW: Your favorite character from War of the Spark: Forsaken!
MEG

Chemtrails

Post by Chemtrails » 4 years ago

You go and be great
Show
Hide
wonderful: This is wonderful. There's an delicious tension between the two abilities - the longer you wait, the more cards you get, but the larger the chance of losing the lot to a stray Shatter. Having said that, the opportunity cost of keeping 3U up to crack this at instant speed in a pinch is not tremendous - the obvious play is to crack it on their end step anyway, right? I would perhaps like to see a sorcery speed restriction. Exiling face down is a nice touch and, I think, makes popping this thing rather exciting.
Megiddo: I see where you're going here (and I bregrudgingly like it) but drawing two cards is still a number of cards too many (perhaps even two cards too many). Uncommon is obviously a stretch. This card could literally cure my depression and I would not give you the win based purely on your avatar.
Subject16: Yeah sure why not. It is difficult to critique un-cards but people like jokes I guess. The above point RE: minions still stands.
chetoos: I'm not mad at it, but I'm not excited. The alternate equip ability is interesting, and Beast tribal reminds me of Onslaught, which is nice, but I've seen a Questing Beast before and so this card feels perhaps a little uninspired.
mellifluroesce: This is a cute idea, but I feel it's perhaps a little overcosted. It takes a long while for meaningful choices to develop and accessing them comes at a steep enough cost that I feel a hefty downpayment (and turn of mid-game vulnerability) is unwarranted.
Cythare: I love the idea of encouraging players to cheat on their mana payments, but more mana isn't the most delicious carrot. The draw ability is interesting, but I don't think this is the right place to put it - a reward with a more straightfoward and immediate payoff feels correct after you've done so much durdling.
wonderful: She done already done had herses.
NinjaCaterpie: This is cute. I would prefer it to grant the creature itself an ability, and also perhaps stack the counters on the equipped creature instead of a target. I also question why this is red, other than that frying pans are hot - black-green feels like a natural fit for a durdly sacrifice engine.
Ulka: I don't understand why this is black from a mechanical perspective and I feel as though putting that ability on an equipment is a good way to get it forgotten about. Changing the color of things to enable your protection abilities is a fun minigame that is rendered pointless since the card itself grants protection from every color anyway.
Megiddo 2: Electric Boogaloo: I actually love this. It's a reasonably punishing effect with multiple lines of interaction. It might be a struggle to meaningfully stick it against control, but once you do it represents a considerable threat, and in all other cases it's a fine late game closer. I still hate your avatar,
With your lavender
Show
Hide
Wins: Megiddo
HM: wonderful

Next: Your favorite character from War of the Spark: Forsaken!
Last edited by Chemtrails 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Megiddo
MEG

oh %$#% me
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

i remembered that jpgs have a smaller filesize than pngs

so we're saved from the dabbing minion...

for now.
MEG

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 4 years ago

Chemtrails wrote:
4 years ago
I also question why this is red, other than that frying pans are hot
Ah, it appears you've seen through to the depths of my genius.

Dovin the Escaped 1WU
Planeswalker - Dovin
If Dovin the Escaped would die, exile it, then put it into your graveyard instead.
0 Exile Dovin the Escaped and target creature. Return them to the battlefield under their owners' controls at the beginning of the next end step
-2 Tap target creature or planeswalker. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.

IIW: the battlefield tapped and attacking.

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by mellifluoresce » 4 years ago

Atkos Tarr UB
Legendary Creature - Human Assassin (C)
When Atkos Tarr enters the battlefield
2/2

IIW: unfinished business
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Megiddo
MEG

I'm going to say here that I haven't actually read this book so you can probably sneak one by me here.
MEG

Post by avatarz » 4 years ago

Braids, Jace's New GF 2BG
Legendary Creature — Human Shaman (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, each player may return an artifact, creature, or land from his or her graveyard to the battlefield.
"Home is where you can find Jace's socks."
2/2

IIW: Old characters

Megiddo
MEG

Should I judge this to keep it moving? Seems like an unpopular challenge.

Or maybe my speed and volume expectations are unrealistic?
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 4 years ago

Rat BRG
Legendary Creature - Human Assassin (R)
Trample
Whenever Rat blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, remove that creature from combat.
Whenever a spell is cast or an ability is activated, if it isn't targeting Rat, Rat phases out until that spell or ability finishes resolving.
3/2

IIW: For some of the 2020 Secret Lair releases, WotC will put a preview card from an upcoming set in them. Design a new preview card that could be in Ikora: Lair of the Behemoths that could go in a product titled Secret Lair: Call of the Damned.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

I haven't read Forsaken either, but from what I've heard this is something that happened:

Niv-Mizzet, who speaks like a dude now 4UR
Legendary Creature — Dragon Avatar (Mythic)
Flying
Whenever you draw a card, add one mana of any color. Until end of turn, you don't lose this mana as phases and steps end.
WUBRG: Niv-Mizzet, who speaks like a dude now deals damage to any target equal to the number of different color identities among two-colored permanents you control.
"Get off your ass, Zarek."
4/4

IIW: Something something revisiting a plane

Megiddo
MEG

i was more or less expecting and encouraging entries like that.
MEG

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 4 years ago

Decidedly Male Corpse WB
Creature - Human Remains (R)
Whenever a Gideon planeswalker you control dies, return Decidedly Male Corpse from your graveyard to the battlefield, except it's legendary and has "This creature gets +1/+1 for each Gideon planeswalker card in your graveyard."
The last piece of Gidz to fade away would be his smile and those brawny, thick abdominal muscles.
1/1

IIW: impeachment
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

wonderful

Post by wonderful » 4 years ago

Chandra's Straightfire 1R
Creature - Elemental (U)
Flying
Whenever a creature is dealt noncombat damage, Chandra's Straightfire gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
"My fire shoots straight, and is definitely not flaming."
1/2

iiw: a unique build-around uncommon for limited (ex: Burning Vengeance)

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker

Post by Sojourner Dusk » 4 years ago

Weisman, Lorekiller WWUU
Legendary Creature — Human Troll (M)
When you cast this spell, exile all legendary permanents.
Players can't cast legendary spells or activate abilities of legendary permanents.
"The Eldrazi could learn a thing or two from me about destroying the Multiverse."
0/6

IIW: Rainbow celebration.
May your games be chaotic and your decks be rogue.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)
RGW Mayael, Naturally (EDH)

Megiddo
MEG

I'll judge tonight.
MEG

SecondBestFriend
Exuberant!

Post by SecondBestFriend » 4 years ago

Jace Has Been Bolas the Whole Time (B/R)UU
Legendary Planeswalker- Jace Bolas (M)
You may cast Bolas planeswalker cards from exile or from graveyards. Other Jace and Bolas planeswalkers aren't legendary.
{-2}: Create a token that's a copy of another target Jace or Bolas planeswalker.
{+1}: Draw a card. Each opponent discards a card and loses 1 life.
{-7}: Draw seven cards. Each opponent discards seven cards and loses seven life.
{4}

I knew it.

IIW: A legendary land for a specific plane
Last edited by SecondBestFriend 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
The Gay Cartoon Army vs. Your Team!

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 4 years ago

Nissa, Who Is Also Straight And Can We Address That Being Gay is More of a Problem Than Cross-Species Romances? 3GG
Legendary Planeswalker — Nissa (M)
[+1]: Create a 1/1 male green Elf Warrior creature token, then put a +1/+1 counter on up to one male creature you control. (You can't use the Elf Druid tokens from C14 as stand-ins. They're female.)
[-2]: Put target nonbasic land or female planeswalker on top of its owner's library. (Nonbinary planeswalkers aren't female.)
[-7]: Each land you control becomes a male 0/0 Elemental creature with trample. They're still lands. Put four +1/+1 counters on each of them. (They're swole.)

IIW: For some of the 2020 Secret Lair releases, WotC will put a preview card from an upcoming set in them. Design a new preview card that could be in Zendikar Rising that could go in a product titled Secret Lair: Coinflips!.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Megiddo
MEG

NinjaCaterpie: I think dovin actually does die in the book, so clearly this card is a FLAVOR FAIL.

mellifluoresce: thinking emoji

avatarz: Did jace rebound from vraska that fast? Honestly I would buy it. Gotta break up the interspecies romances too. Anyway, I'm disappointed that this isn't actually templated like the original braids, so you get a NOSTALGIA FAIL

cythare: I think this... is actually spot on flavorwise? Rat's whole thing is that she isn't observable unless somebody is directly paying attention to her, right? Hm. I'm not sure I understand how that relates to the first ability though. Maybe I'm missing something. I feel like this probably wants to be not three colors.

Subject16: Yeah, man. Niv-Mizzet the Firedude. Smartest bro in the multiverse. UR colorfixing is ?? to me, though technically possible. Adding R would be fine. I know it feeds into this second ability but you know. Anyway, I kind of wish it had a different second ability. this feels like a combo enabler. But the basic structure of this card is neat.

mellifluoforo: in Theros: Beyond Death we will learn that gideon was actually gay (hence the "irregulars"), so chandra will have been retconned to have been barking up the wrong tree the whole time.

wonderful: speaking of trees.

sojourner Dusk: Surely he should be a gargoyle. I imagine the commander crowd would get too mad about this guy, which means he wouldn't be printed as that's the biggest market now.

secondbestfriend: this. explains. EVERYTHING.

Cybongo: Oh hey you made it cost 5. Alright, but listen. If you're going to retcon Nissa I need you to really commit and bring back her ELF NATIONALIST views from Lorwyn-era. I don't see that here, just more I LOVE LANDS (and MEN). "they're swole" is good reminder text though I'll give you that.

WINNER: Cythare, but like 50/50 split between your two entries.

NEXT: IIW: For some of the 2020 Secret Lair releases, WotC will put a preview card from an upcoming set in them. Design a new preview card that could be in Ikora: Lair of the Behemoths or Zendikar Rising that could go in a product titled Secret Lair: Call of the Damned or Secret Lair: Coinflips!
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Well Gideon was from Magic's version of ancient Greece

'course he was gay
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

i think that's how that works.
MEG

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker

Post by Sojourner Dusk » 4 years ago

Gideon always read as more of an Ace to me.

I'll choose CotD.

Clarion Keening BRG
Sorcery (R)
Each creature simultaneously deals damage equal to its power to each other creature.
The sound boiled their blood until it it found release from sword and tooth and claw.

IIW: Pride (however you'd care to interpret that).
May your games be chaotic and your decks be rogue.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)
RGW Mayael, Naturally (EDH)

SecondBestFriend
Exuberant!

Post by SecondBestFriend » 4 years ago

(from Ikoria)

Caller of the Damned 5BB
Creature- Demon Giant (M)
Menace
At the beginning of your end step, you may sacrifice a creature. If you do, return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Reap (Each creature you sacrifice as you cast this spell reduces its cost by 1, or one mana of any of that creature's colors.)
7/7

IIW: A mana cost that has never been on a card.
The Gay Cartoon Army vs. Your Team!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”