MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

Relentless Centipede R
Creature - Insect (U)
Haste
When Relentless Centipede enters the battlefield, choose a creature an opponent controls. Put a prey counter on it.
At the beginning of each combat, if an opponent controls a creature with a prey counter on it, Relentless Centipede must attack that player.
It has many legs for it will never stop chasing us.
2/1

That flavor does go hard.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 3/10/23 is Viridian Shaman.

Mirrodin was in a sense a turning point for green becoming the anti-artifact color, overtaking even red in some senses. Maybe it was actually a bit earlier, with the first printing of Naturalize.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

Early green had some interesting interactions with artifacts, with the likes of Living Artifact and Rust, as well as everyone's favorite self-sufficient entity, Floral Spuzzem.

Red was a lot more blatant artifact-destruction-y, eventually become "sac an artifact for fun and profit." Modern red gets a lot of its identity from RW Equipment, plus some Vehicles, so it doesn't make a much sense for it to be about destroying them.

White really should lose artifact destruction, since it can already tax them or exile them.

Black should get more into 'Cursed artifact' style effects.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 3/13/23 is Temple Acolyte.

Compare and contrast: Lone Missionary.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 3/14/23 is Soul Burn.

I think there's something that could be done with "spend only (mana type) on X." Unfortunately, only in acorn land can you spend π on X.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 3/15/23 is Cartouche of Solidarity.

I have a soft spot for the sub-subtypes of Auras.

Ulka

on Soul Burn - I Love pay X of a certain color but I prefer it as an additional cost ie:

Goblin Ravager XR
Creature - Goblin Berserker
Haste
Spend only black and/or red mana on X. When Goblin Ravager enters the battlefield, Goblin Ravager deals X damage to any target. Goblin Ravager gets +X/+X until end of turn for each black mana spent.
1/1

I love the Aura subtypes. They offer a lot of nuance to the cards and can make for cool set mechanics but I wish they would push them to return more frequently

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

On soul burn, I had a thought about a mechanic where you got rewarded for casting a spell with mana from an artifact source, for a faction like esper. But it felt like it would be too narrow. I still like it though. Maybe between artifact lands, mana rocks, and mana creatures it could work.

Etherium Vanguard
Artifact Creature — Human Soldier (C)
Vigilance
Refined — If Etherium Vanguard was cast using mana from an artifact source, it enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.
3/3
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 3/17/23 is Spawning Pod.
Not often I random up a digital-only card, and it's appropriately green for St. Patrick's Day. This makes sense as the digital remake of the original.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 3/18/23 is Magus of the Coffers.

Land-based Magi are interesting because you can make them cost whatever you like, so there are multiple balancing possibilities.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 3/19/23 is Déjà Vu.

An apropos name usage that's unfortunately a bit weak for its cost these days.

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

Portal had the weirdness where all non-permanent spells were sorceries; instants had additional rules text allowing them to be cast at additional times. The Oracle text stuck with the printed type, which rather limits the card.

Unlike flashback, it doesn't exile the card after casting, so that's a bonus.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 3/20/23 is Fiery Cannonade.

Neat mass burn that spares your guys! I like stuff like this for tribal themes in Limited.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 3/21/23 is Baeloth Barrityl, Entertainer.

Sort of an "only in Commander Legends" design - but I do like the goad-matters effect.

Ulka

I love this in my Conspiracy Cube. UR's theme is Goad in that limited set and it is honestly really fun there.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 3/22/23 is Deep Freeze.

Very flavorful soft removal, sort of a colorshift of the equally flavorful Lignify.

Ulka

I love Lignify for decks but i find I quite dislike Deep Freeze and i'm now forced to reflect on why that is. I think being a a tribal card is the main reason I like it over deep freeze but this is now a fun thought experiment for me.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Riffing:

Shape of Kher Keep 5U
Instant (R)
Create a 5/5 red Dragon creature token with flying. Until end of turn, creatures your opponents control have base power and toughness 0/1 and are red Kobolds named Kobolds of Kher Keep. (They retain their abilities.)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 3/23/23 is Feral Animist

I like power doubling in RG for Limited - of course, this was before the actual "double its power" wording.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 3/24/23 is Garenbrig Carver // Shield's Might.

I love common Adventure creatures. They pack so much extra flavor and functionality into a simple design. However, a big part of me wishes this card were an Artificer.

Ulka

It really reminds me why I really wish we have more career/social based creature types. Crafter, Merchant, Artist would all be wonderful additions that would add to the serf, citizen that make up more non combative creature's roles

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The MTGNexus Custom Card Creation Random Card of the Day for 3/27/23 is Refurbish.

Highly reprintable!

Ulka

I love this. I do find that its frustrating that Argivian Restoration is a common while this is uncommon but it just gives me hope that maybe it will be downgraded one day.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
I love this. I do find that its frustrating that Argivian Restoration is a common while this is uncommon but it just gives me hope that maybe it will be downgraded one day.
Interesting, I wonder what the going rate is for something like this?

Restorative Archaeology
3{W}{U}
Sorcery
Return target artifact or creature from your graveyard to the battlefield.

Common? Uncommon?
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

Preserve the Past
Return target artifact or enchantment card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Sorcery — (U)
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”