NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

judging in a couple of hours, get your last player counter entries in for the round
Last edited by spacemonaut 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

War-Songs Raised 1RR
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a player casts a spell, that player gets a din counter.
Attacking creatures get +1/+0 for each din counter their controller has.
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player loses half their din counters, rounded up.

IIW: Tarot
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

New Game+ 5RRR
Sorcery {M}
You get a prestige counter. Restart the game, except you keep all prestige counters you have. At the beginning of your first upkeep, take an extra turn after this one for each prestige counter you have.

IIW: Murders and Executions
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

Incapacitating Rebuttal 4UU
Instant (M)
Counter target player. (Exile all spells and abilities they control on the stack. Prevent all damage objects they control would deal this turn. That player skips their next turn.)

IIW: A doppelganger that isn't as convincing as it thinks it is
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

So this challenge was to use player counters. I honestly expected more usage of existing player counter types and less invention of new player counter types, but the opposite happened! There was lots of reinvention of permanent counters as player counters, especially. I don't mind this. It does take on some risk vs reward of whether that counter ought to be doing that thing.

I'll be reviewing your cards, but since their main feature will be the counters and how they use them, I'll be devoting most of my review of each card to talking about that.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Thane of The Dross 2BB
Creature- Phyrexian Horror (R)
First strike, wither
When a player gains a -1/-1 counter, that player's maximum life total becomes their starting life total minus one for each -1/-1 counter they have. The player's maximum hand size becomes seven minus one for each -1/-1 counter they have. (A player cannot have more life than their maximum life total. These effects lasts as long as the player has -1/-1 counters.)
When a creature dies, that creature's controller gets all -1/-1 counters the creature had.
3/3

IIW: Bring back something cool.
Despite the reminder text, the triggered ability would last indefinitely, since it's a one-shot effect rather than the rules which appears to be regulating the effect these -1/-1 counters have. That means these can't be lifted by making the -1/-1 counters vanish.

That aside, I'm mostly concerned about this getting out of hand really fast: hand size being reduced to zero wouldn't take long at all.

Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Paul Atreides GWR
Legendary Creature - Human Noble (M)
Whenever Paul Atreides enters the battlefield or attacks, you get a melange counter (you may look at the top card of your library if you have a melange counter and control a permanent that foresees.)
Foresees fremen and deserts (You may play the top card of your library if it's a fremen or desert, and you spend a melange.)
2/4

Space Guild Navigator 1GB
Creature - Human Mutant (R)
Deathtouch
When Space Guild Navigator enters the battlefield, you may gain 2 life or pay 2 life. If you paid life, you get a melange counter (you may look at the top card of your library if you have a melange counter and control a permanent that foresees.)
Foresees land (You may play the top card of your library if it's a land and you spend a melange.)
2/2

IIW: Unconventional power
I spy a Rebel-like mechanic! This is a fairly decent A+B capturing the foresight of melange. I think the rules of melange here are a bit overloaded: since it depends on having Foresees anyway, you could put that rules text into the Foresees mechanic.

When ~ enters the battlefield, you get a melange counter.
Foresees land (You may look at the top card of your library if you have a melange counter. You may play it if it's a land by spending a melange counter.)
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Foresee the Hunt 1G
Sorcery (U)
Look at the top four cards of your library. You may reveal a creature or land card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
You get a trample counter. (Whenever you cast a creature spell, you may spend an ability counter you have. If you do, that creature enters the battlefield with the corresponding counter on it.)

IIW: Green ponder variants
This is a nice take on what an ability counter on a player might be for. I dig the casting restriction in particular too. (And not the only time we'll see that in a submission here.)

Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Joltrider Thief 1UR
Creature - Human Rebel (R)
As long as you have Energy counters, Joltrider Thief has flying.
When Joltrider Thief enters the battlefield you get EE.
Pay Ee: Gain control of target artifact an opponent controls until the end of turn. If it is a creature it gains haste until end of turn. Untap it.
1/3

IIW: Draft matter mechanics
Good twist on making energy matter. I appreciate that the way this is set up, you have to choose between keeping the energy or spending it, at least in a vaccuum. On another similar design I could imagine a card that adds one more energy than it uses up.
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Rashmi, Aether Spinner 1GUR
Legendary Creature - Elf Druid
Whenever you spend any amount of Energy, you get an experience counter. This ability only triggers once each turn.
Remove an experience counter from yourself: You get an .
If another source you control would give you an experience counter, you get an additional experience counter.
2/4

IIW: The wolves are at the door.
I had to think for a moment what the difference would be between this phrasing and "whenever you spend energy for the first time each turn," then I thought about the scenario where this might come out in the turn after you've already spent energy for the first time but still plan to spend it again.

This is a novel way to make use of experience counters, but I'm also questioning its necessity: if we can lose experience, shouldn't this instead be a storage counter? If you can immediately convert experience to energy on a one-to-one basis, why not just have the first ability refund energy counters? The thing that most justifies this being experience counters is the last ability, which is appealing mostly for its role unrelated to energy usage, and moreover would want this to have the color identity of a single color or two enemy colors to fit into existing experience commanders.

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Artisan of Gitaxias 4U
Creature- Phyrexian (U)
At the beginning of your end step, if Artisan of Gitaxias is tapped, each player gets a poison counter.
2U, Remove three poison counters from yourself: Counter target spell unless its controller pays 3.
1/5

IIW: Something that makes copies of itself
While the first ability is pretty neat (it's good that it's every player), I'm also in the camp that poison counters being nearly impossible to remove and not being available as a currency is crucial to their identity separate from life totals. In fact, along those lines, I might rather see the ability move to costing instead of removing poison counters — so you can use it, but everyone including you gets a poison counter if you do. (Although I'm conscious you didn't do that to force us to find another way to get it tapped, like combat.)

Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Akihiro, Keeper of the Gallery 1UR
Legendary Creature — Moonfolk Wizard (M)
Flying
Whenever you draw your second card each turn, you get a mirror counter. (Whenever you or a permanent you control becomes the only target of a spell, remove a mirror counter. When you do, you may copy that spell and may choose new targets for the copy.)
3, Return a land you control to its owner's hand: Draw a card, then discard a card.
The gallery was ransacked long ago, but the mirrors' broken shards still hold fragments of its power.
3/2

IIW: Looters
This is a really powerful counter to get a lot of! It's pretty neat as a function though. The loot ability is nice.

wizyard wrote:
1 year ago
Phyrexian Forerunner
Creature - Phyrexian Carrier Scout (C)
Virulent (This creature deals damage to players in the form of disease counters. At the beginning of a diseased player's upkeep, that player loses 1 life for each disease counter on them.)
1/3

iiw: noncreature tokens
Disease counters are pretty novel and I imagine they'd play really well. In lots of ways I expect them to deal more damage overall than infect, and we'd see less emphasis on hitting a player with all 10 in one hit and more emphasis on giving the player enough disease to kill them eventually after we play some control and keep-away.

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Circus Tormentor 2B
Creature — Human Clown {R}
Whenever an opponent drops a ball, that player loses 2 life and you gain 2 life.
1B, T: Toss target player a ball. (It's a counter with "at the beginning of your upkeep, pay 1 or drop this counter.")
2/3

(for clarity, dropping a ball will cause it to cease to exist)

IIW: Mysteries of the deep
Very tormenting, lol. You could just write it off as a life drain, but the temptation's there to keep juggling these balls, and the circus clown will keep giving you more. I like it.

Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Join the Alliance W
Enchantment (R)
If you would put a counter on an ally creature you control, you may get that counter instead.
Up to one counter of each kind on you also affects ally creatures you control.
Solid allyship mechanic. I'd want to cost this at more than W given its potential to transform into an Akroma's Memorial very fast, but it's a good direction. Saying that, I also appreciate the importance of it coming out early—just maybe not turn-one early.

Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Summoner's Valor W
Sorcery
You gain an Exalted counter.
Flashback 3W

IIW: One of Mechanics from Shards of Alara is to be features in the next modern horizons set and you have to design one of the cards for the set.
I'm imagining this means that you have that ability, and it triggers when you attack? I think that's pretty spectacular, and appreciate the Flashback on here.

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
War-Songs Raised 1RR
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a player casts a spell, that player gets a din counter.
Attacking creatures get +1/+0 for each din counter their controller has.
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player loses half their din counters, rounded up.

IIW: Tarot
This really comes together, I like this a lot. It's built for red decks whose curves end at 3, among a few other options.

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
New Game+ 5RRR
Sorcery {M}
You get a prestige counter. Restart the game, except you keep all prestige counters you have. At the beginning of your first upkeep, take an extra turn after this one for each prestige counter you have.

IIW: Murders and Executions
Ok this is kind of amazing and the name brings it together really well. I'm somewhat concerned about it building up to taking 3 games' worth of turns to eventually win on turn 2 of a new game. I was thinking that if you're a red deck and have 8 mana you've either already lost or should just win directly in this game, but then I realised this would be surprisingly appropriate against control. They make the game take too long — so you get bored and hit the reset button. But then, like, new game plus should be after you win, right? God I'm borderline going into a game-level existential crisis thinking about this card.

Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Incapacitating Rebuttal 4UU
Instant (M)
Counter target player. (Exile all spells and abilities they control on the stack. Prevent all damage objects they control would deal this turn. That player skips their next turn.)

IIW: A doppelganger that isn't as convincing as it thinks it is
lol
that's pretty good actually

I'm giving the win to void_nothing for bringing together the most solid design I didn't have any concerns about.
Next: Tarot

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
The thing that most justifies this being experience counters is the last ability, which is appealing mostly for its role unrelated to energy usage, and moreover would want this to have the color identity of a single color or two enemy colors to fit into existing experience commanders.
I designed this Rashmi to be the temur energy commander that we never got in Kaladesh, and it can fit two of the current experience counter commanders (Ezuri, Claw of Progress Mizzix of the Izmagnus) into her deck.

Megiddo
MEG

> But then, like, new game plus should be after you win, right?

this is a good point. I was thinking of incremental games where you have to restart early and often to take advantage of the improved scaling you get with upgrades that carry over between playovers. Though those aren't really NG+s in the traditional sense.
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

The Fool U
Creature- Human Nomad (U)
Flash
When The Fool enters the battlefield, counter target spell if less mana was spent to cast it than the amount of mana paid for The Fool.
Evoke- XUU
0/2

The Hierophant 3WW
Creature- Human Noble (R)
Vigilance
When The Hierophant enters the battlefield, exile another target creature. When The Hierophant leaves the battlefield, return the exiled creature to the battlefield under it's owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.
When an opponent casts a noncreature spell, gain 1 life unless that player pays 1.
Evoke 1W
4/6

IIW: A mechanic that appeared once.
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

chetoos

Ta-roh, card reader 2UB
Legendary Creature - Human Warlock
Whenever another nontoken creature enters the battlefield under your control, reveal the top card of your library. If that card has a higher mana value than the creature, put a menace and a lifelink counter on the creature. Otherwise, draw that card and lose life equal to the revealed card's mana value. This ability only triggers once each turn.
1/4

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

Unfortunate Draw
Sorcery
Suspend 3 - B
When you suspend Unfortunate Draw, put a an omen counter on target creature.
Destroy target creature. If that creature had an omen counter, scry 4.
Foretell B

IIW: One of Mechanics from Shards of Alara is to be featured in the next modern horizons set and you have to design one of the cards for the set.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Five of Swords 3R
Creature- Human Incarnation(C)
Channel-- 5RR, Discard Five of Swords: Five of Swords deals 5 damage to target creature or planeswalker.
5/1

Three of Wands 2G
T: Add G.
Channel-- 3GG, Discard Three of Wands: Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn.
1/3

Two of Cups 1B
Creauture- Human Incarnation (C)
Channel-- 2B, Discard Two of Cups: Gain 2 life.
2/2

Ten of Pentacles 3UU
Creature- Human Incarnation (U)
Channel-- UU, discard Ten of Pentacles: Scry 10.
When Ten of Pentacles enters the battlefeild, draw two cards.
2/5
More of the same
Show
Hide
Eight of Swords R
Channel-- 8RR, Discard Eight of Swords: Eight of Swords deals 8 damage to target creature or planeswalker.
2/1

Seven of Cups 3W
Defender, Flying
When Seven of Cups enters the battlefield, gain 2 life and draw a card.
Channel-- 7W, Discard Seven of Cups: Gain 7 life.
1/7

Two of Pentacles G
Creature- Human Incarnation (C)
Vigilance, Reach
Channel-- 2G, Discard Two of Pentacles: Scry 2.
1/2

Six of Wands 4W
Creature- Human Incarnation
Vigilance
Channel-- 6WW, Discard Six of Wands: Target creature gets +6/+6 until end of turn.
3/6

Yes, there would actually be 40 of these cards. But not all in one set. Ideally they'd be spread out into three sets in a block. Channel on minor arcana at common and uncommon representing mostly simple french-vanilla creatures. Evoke on major arcana at uncommon, rare, and mythic.

But what are the royalty you ask? Well I'd love to tell you, but I've already submitted enough.

IIW: Arabian Nights

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Margot, the Soothsayer 1UB
Creature — Human Warlock (U)
Ward—Pay 3 life.
At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal the top three cards of your library. An opponent chooses one. Put one into your hand. You lose life equal to its mana value if it wasn't the chosen card. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
1/3

IIW: Weather

Megiddo
MEG

Sorcery {R}

Miracle

^ i'll fill this in when i get around to looking up what cards are in a tarot deck.
MEG

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

The Hierophant 2WG
Sorcery - Fate
Create two soul-heart tokens (they are artifacts with "If you would be dealt damage, instead sacrifice this artifact and prevent that damage.")

The Tower 1BR
Sorcery - Fate
Create five bomb tokens (they are artifacts with "At the beginning of each upkeep, if you haven't sacrificed a bomb, sacrifice a bomb, If you do, the active player sacrifices a nonland permanent unless they pay 3 life.")

Justice UWB
Sorcery - Fate
Create a clue, a treasure, a food, and a bomb.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Akihiro, Keeper of the Gallery 1UR
Legendary Creature — Moonfolk Wizard (M)
Flying
Whenever you draw your second card each turn, you get a mirror counter. (Whenever you or a permanent you control becomes the only target of a spell, remove a mirror counter. When you do, you may copy that spell and may choose new targets for the copy.)
3, Return a land you control to its owner's hand: Draw a card, then discard a card.
The gallery was ransacked long ago, but the mirrors' broken shards still hold fragments of its power.
3/2

IIW: Looters
This is a really powerful counter to get a lot of! It's pretty neat as a function though. The loot ability is nice.
This was kind of hard to get across, but since the counters were really strong, I tried to balance it by making it a mandatory trigger so that it's harder to stockpile, and that you can only use one mirror counter per spell. The latter note specifically didn't get well communicated in the reminder text.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 1 year ago

The Magician 3UR
Creature - Incarnation (R)
Fateful (As you cast this, flip it onto the stack from a height of at least one foot. It is cast as the face-up side)
T: Add CCC. If this mana is spent to cast an instant or sorcery spell, that spell can't be countered. Then if three or more of this mana is spent to cast that spell, copy it as it is cast. You may choose new targets for the copy.
3/5
///
The Magician Reversed
{U/R} Creature - Incarnation
Prowess
Spells your opponents cast cost 1 more to cast.
At the beginning of each opponents upkeep, you and that player create a tapped Treasure token.
5/3

If I feel clever later, maybe I can try to make it a flip card instead. Would need some weird rules though to make it un manipulable.
IIW: Double sided cards

Juancu

Interwined Destiny 3U
Instant (U)
Tempt Fate (Choose two Fate cards you own from outside the game with different names, reveal one of them, and set the other face down until an opponent chooses one. That opponent casts a copy of its chosen portent. You may cast the other's portent or put that card into your hand.)
Draw a card.

Strength 3G
Sorcery - Fate (C)
Put three +1/+1 counters on a creature you control.
Muscle Spam
Sorcery - Portent
Put a +1/+1 counter on a creature you control. If you can't, gain 2 life.

IIW: finally complete

wizyard
Pronoun: they / them

Post by wizyard » 1 year ago

i pulled a card from my partner's deck to let fate decide

i got the 10 of swords, which mite be the most ominous card, maybe even worse than the tower..

meanings: disaster, betrayal, tragedy

Ten of Swords
Sorcery (R)
Target player reveals their hand and discards an instant card and a sorcery card from it. Then that player sacrifices an artifact, a creature, an enchantment, a planeswalker and a land. Then that player mills one, loses 1 life and gets a poison counter.

iiw: a pair of opposites

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Judging hopefully later today
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
The Fool U
Creature- Human Nomad (U)
Flash
When The Fool enters the battlefield, counter target spell if less mana was spent to cast it than the amount of mana paid for The Fool.
Evoke- XUU
0/2

The Hierophant 3WW
Creature- Human Noble (R)
Vigilance
When The Hierophant enters the battlefield, exile another target creature. When The Hierophant leaves the battlefield, return the exiled creature to the battlefield under it's owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.
When an opponent casts a noncreature spell, gain 1 life unless that player pays 1.
Evoke 1W
4/6

IIW: A mechanic that appeared once.
Interesting, but I always find evoke not on Lorwyn Elementals questionable and the Hierophant looks like it's deliberately invoking the ol' Oblivion Ring abuse trick?
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Ta-roh, card reader 2UB
Legendary Creature - Human Warlock
Whenever another nontoken creature enters the battlefield under your control, reveal the top card of your library. If that card has a higher mana value than the creature, put a menace and a lifelink counter on the creature. Otherwise, draw that card and lose life equal to the revealed card's mana value. This ability only triggers once each turn.
1/4

Ehh, the effects here just seem - random. "Draw that card" made me lol but there's nothing particularly flavorful about ability counters or even the Confidant thing, or anything particularly blue about this card.
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Unfortunate Draw
Sorcery
Suspend 3 - B
When you suspend Unfortunate Draw, put a an omen counter on target creature.
Destroy target creature. If that creature had an omen counter, scry 4.
Foretell B

IIW: One of Mechanics from Shards of Alara is to be featured in the next modern horizons set and you have to design one of the cards for the set.
Neat, but probably too much going on, and too decisiony.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Five of Swords 3R
Channel-- 5RR, Discard Five of Swords: Five of Swords deals 5 damage to target creature or planeswalker.
5/1

Three of Wands 2G
T: Add G.
Channel-- 3GG, Discard Three of Wands: Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn.
1/3

Two of Cups 1B
Creauture- Human Incarnation (C)
Channel-- 2B, Discard Two of Cups: Gain 2 life.
2/2

Ten of Pentacles 3UU
Channel-- UU, discard Ten of Pentacles: Scry 10.
When Ten of Pentacles enters the battlefeild, draw two cards.
2/5
More of the same
Show
Hide
Eight of Swords R
Channel-- 8RR, Discard Eight of Swords: Eight of Swords deals 8 damage to target creature or planeswalker.
2/1

Seven of Cups 3W
Defender, Flying
When Seven of Cups enters the battlefield, gain 2 life and draw a card.
Channel-- 7W, Discard Seven of Cups: Gain 7 life.
1/7

Two of Pentacles G
Creature- Human Incarnation (C)
Vigilance, Reach
Channel-- 2G, Discard Two of Pentacles: Scry 2.
1/2

Six of Wands 4W
Creature- Human Incarnation
Vigilance
Channel-- 6WW, Discard Six of Wands: Target creature gets +6/+6 until end of turn.
3/6

Yes, there would actually be 40 of these cards. But not all in one set. Ideally they'd be spread out into three sets in a block. Channel on minor arcana at common and uncommon representing mostly simple french-vanilla creatures. Evoke on major arcana at uncommon, rare, and mythic.

But what are the royalty you ask? Well I'd love to tell you, but I've already submitted enough.

IIW: Arabian Nights
High effort, but the channel effects seem kind of desultory and boring. And a direct translation of another card game(?) just never works all that well, tbh.
spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Margot, the Soothsayer 1UB
Creature — Human Warlock (U)
Ward—Pay 3 life.
At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal the top three cards of your library. An opponent chooses one. Put one into your hand. You lose life equal to its mana value if it wasn't the chosen card. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
1/3

I like this minigame a lot! Missing the legendary type, of course, but this feels like a natural top-down adaptation of the concept.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago

Sorcery {R}

Miracle

^ i'll fill this in when i get around to looking up what cards are in a tarot deck.
Absolutely stunning design, no complaints
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
The Hierophant 2WG
Sorcery - Fate
Create two soul-heart tokens (they are artifacts with "If you would be dealt damage, instead sacrifice this artifact and prevent that damage.")

The Tower 1BR
Sorcery - Fate
Create five bomb tokens (they are artifacts with "At the beginning of each upkeep, if you haven't sacrificed a bomb, sacrifice a bomb, If you do, the active player sacrifices a nonland permanent unless they pay 3 life.")

Justice UWB
Sorcery - Fate
Create a clue, a treasure, a food, and a bomb.
As much as I like the predefined tokens, woof would some of these things be hard to track. Also... Soul-heart? That sounds... a bit silly.
Ink-Treader wrote:
1 year ago
The Magician 3UR
Creature - Incarnation (R)
Fateful (As you cast this, flip it onto the stack from a height of at least one foot. It is cast as the face-up side)
T: Add CCC. If this mana is spent to cast an instant or sorcery spell, that spell can't be countered. Then if three or more of this mana is spent to cast that spell, copy it as it is cast. You may choose new targets for the copy.
3/5
///
The Magician Reversed
{U/R} Creature - Incarnation
Prowess
Spells your opponents cast cost 1 more to cast.
At the beginning of each opponents upkeep, you and that player create a tapped Treasure token.
5/3

If I feel clever later, maybe I can try to make it a flip card instead. Would need some weird rules though to make it un manipulable.
IIW: Double sided cards
Nice! I've made it clear I want this to happen as an un-card mechanic, so I absolutely can't hate fateful. The marquee abilities feel a bit off at times - what's with that tapped Treasure thing - but this is plain fun.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Interwined Destiny 3U
Instant (U)
Tempt Fate (Choose two Fate cards you own from outside the game with different names, reveal one of them, and set the other face down until an opponent chooses one. That opponent casts a copy of its chosen portent. You may cast the other's portent or put that card into your hand.)
Draw a card.

Strength 3G
Sorcery - Fate (C)
Put three +1/+1 counters on a creature you control.
Muscle Spam
Sorcery - Portent
Put a +1/+1 counter on a creature you control. If you can't, gain 2 life.

IIW: finally complete
Oh THAT's neat. I really like this minigame and although I'm concerned about certain gameplay implications (and wondering whether the reminder text is missing "without paying its mana cost" twice) this is a REALLY fun variation on learn.
wizyard wrote:
1 year ago
i pulled a card from my partner's deck to let fate decide

i got the 10 of swords, which mite be the most ominous card, maybe even worse than the tower..

meanings: disaster, betrayal, tragedy

Ten of Swords
Sorcery (R)
Target player reveals their hand and discards an instant card and a sorcery card from it. Then that player sacrifices an artifact, a creature, an enchantment, a planeswalker and a land. Then that player mills one, loses 1 life and gets a poison counter.

iiw: a pair of opposites
I appreciate you staying faithful to the challenge in that way. I don't think of any of the portents of the tarot as intrinsically "bad" - they're all in a sense neutral - but ominous is right. I like the effort this card goes to in order to portray both the tragedy and the 10, but that comes at a heavy cost in elegance compared to many other Pox variants.

HMs: spacemonaut, Ink-Treader, wizyard
Winner: @Juancu for the tempt fate, Fate, and Portent cards
Next: finally complete

Megiddo
MEG

i thought it would be fun to do a flip card miracle where you get the upside down half if it miracles, but i didn't get far enough down the idea path.
MEG

chetoos

Young Heiromancer 1W
Creature - Human Soldier
Whenever Young Heiromancer attacks, target creature defending player can't block this turn. If there are at least two other attacking creatures, that creature can't attack or block until your next turn, and its activated abilities can't be activated.
A mythical figure inspires those in its shadow
2/2

Young Illusionist 1U
Creature - Human Wizard
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you may exile two instant or sorcery cards from your graveyard. If you do, create a 2/2 blue illusion creature token.
With enough focus, even nothing can be made real.
1/3

Young roilmancer 2G
Creature - Elf Druid
2g, : search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.
Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, scry 1.
Awakening the world awakens wonder in those who live in it.
2/2

If this gets to 24 hours without another entry, I win be default, right? Default! Default! Default!

Juancu

I'll judge in a few hours. (You could design something that builds to completion, or fill something that feels incomplete, or compleat even)

Megiddo
MEG

Nexus Flamingo Entry Progress Bar
[||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] 😎

Social Engineering 1U
Enchantment {R}
Quest — Whenever you cast a spell during an opponent's turn, that player may pay 1. If they do, scry 1. Otherwise, put a quest counter on Social Engineering.
UU, Remove three quest counters from Social Engineering: Exile Social Engineering, then return it to the battlefield transformed

//

Root Access
Enchantment — Saga {R}
I — Gain control of target spell or nonland permanent an opponent controls. You may choose new targets for the spell.
II — Until your next turn, whenever an opponent casts a spell, you may pay UU. If you do, counter that spell.
III — Draw a card.

IIW: Emerge, Champion, Offering, _____ < your card goes here
Last edited by Megiddo 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
MEG

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Temple of Generations
Artifact (U)
At the beginning of each end step, if two or more creatures entered the battlefield under your control this turn and a creature died under your control this turn, put a brick counter on Temple of Generations. Then if it has three or more brick counters on it, sacrifice it and create Temple of Temilheim, a legendary artifact with indestructible and "Creatures you control get +3/+3 and have vigilance."

Last edited by spacemonaut 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”