NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Juancu
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Half a Locket 1
Legendary Artifact (R, Alchemy)
When Half a Locket enters the battlefield, draw a card. Then if there are 5 or more legendary creatures with different names in your library, one of them becomes your fated one (only one card name may be your fated one.)
When your fated one enters the battlefield, put a ring on it (it's a +1/+1 counter that also grants a random ability from among lifelink, deathtouch, flying, trample and menace.)

IIW: farce

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

(silver border)
Locked Treasurebox
Artifact (U)
When Locked Treasurebox enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Whenever you cast a creature or artifact spell with a key in its art, you may sacrifice Locked Treasurebox. If you do, search your library for an artifact card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.

IIW: Player counters (experience, poison, etc)

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

Sherlock Holmes 2ub
Legendary Creature- human rogue
Whenever an opponent draws a card, other than the first card during each of their draw steps, scry 1.
Persist
3/3

John Watson 1rw
Legendary Creature- human soldier
John watson enters the battlefield with a -1/-1 counter on it.
Whenever you or a teammate scries, you may pay 1. When you do, John Watson deals 1 damage to target creature or planeswalker.
3/4

Iiw: the wolves are at the door

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

judging tomorrow
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Creeky Old Hotel
Land (U)
Creeky Old Hotel may be haunted as though it were a creature.
T: Add C. If Creeky Old Hotel is haunted, create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying.

Murderous Ghost B
Creature- Spirit (C)
Flying
Haunt (When this creature dies, exile it haunting target creature.)
When Murerous Ghost or haunted creature becomes tapped, each player loses 1 life.
1/1

IIW: I already have too many entries, and these don't even go together that well.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

Setessan Bloodsower 2RG
Creature — Satyr Druid (U)
Whenever a nonartifact creature you control dies, create a tribal Hydra artifact token with trample and with X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is that creature's power. (The token isn't a creature.)
2R: Until end of turn, target artifact you control becomes an artifact creature with haste and base power and toughness each equal to its mana value.
3/3

Last edited by spacemonaut 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

Bone 1B
Instant
Sacrifice a creature. Create a 4/1 Black Skeleton creature token with Menace.

====

Pick 2G
Sorcery
Aftermath
Return target card from your graveyard to your hand.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Megiddo
MEG

I'm trying to clear my slate this morning before the gym so that I can focus on job hunting this afternoon, so we'll get some quick judgings in today.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
1 year ago
Bisect 1B
Sorcery (U)
Each player sacrifices a creature. If a creature dying this way causes a triggered ability of a permanent you control to trigger, that ability triggers an additional time.
"The bodies were found in two perfect halves, as if split from head to toe by some impossibly thin knife."
- Obscura investigation case file, AIS-2

IIW: in your dreams
hmm hmm i see i see
I like this. Innocent Blood sets the floor on the effect, and I think the ease of breaking the symmetry here makes it attractive. I'm imagining the carnage with just a Blood Artist.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Lifecoiled Engine 4
Artifact Creature- Phyrexian Wurm (U)
Lifelink
At the beginning of your end step, if you both own and control Lifecoil Engine and a creature named Deathcoil Engine, exile them, then meld them into Wurmcoiled Engine.
3/3

Deathcoiled Engine 4
Artifact Creature- Phyrexian Wurm (U)
Deathtouch
Life and death each have their uses.
3/3

//////////\\\\\\\\\\
Wurmcoiled Engine
Artifact Creature- Phyrexian Wurm
Deathtouch, Lifelink
When Wurmcoiled Engine dies, create a 3/3 colorless Phyrexian Wurm artifact creature token with deathtouch and a 3/3 colorless Phyrexian Wurm artifact creature token with lifelink.
6/6

IIW: A common and a rare with the same ability. (not an evergreen keyword)
Wurmcoil Engine lives! This is cute. Let's immediately replace Pierce Strider and Peace Strider with these cards.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Rowan's Sparkshower 1R
Instant (C)
Rowan's Sparkshower deals 2 damage to target creature or planeswalker and 1 damage to that permanent's controller.
Twincast-- If a spell named Will's Iceblast has resolved this turn, Rowan's Sparkshower deals 1 damage to each other creature and planeswalker that player controls.

Will's Iceblast U
Instant (C)
Tap target creature. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step. Scry 1.
Twincast-- If a spell named Rowan's Sparkshower has resolved this turn, draw a card.
Another pair
Show
Hide
Left Hand's Hex B
Instant (C)
Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature.
Twincast-- If a spell named Right Hand's Boon has resolved this turn, put an additional two -1/-1 counters on that creature.

Right Hand's Boon B
Instant (C)
Target creature gets +1/+0 and gains lifelink until end of turn.
Twincast-- If a spell named Left Hand's Hex has resolved this turn, that creature gains deathtouch and indestructible until end of turn.
IIW: Lands lands lands
Will & Rowan: Twincast might not have enough "as-fan" to support it, though I'd like this in a Battlebond context where you can guarantee both cards appear in the pack and you can pick both at once. I think the "upgrade" for pulling it off is appropriate for the costs.
Hands: It just occurred to me that you have to pick which "upgrade" you get; you can't get both. I feel like it would be better if you had the Twincast check for whether the other spell was cast, not resolved, so that you get rewarded for pulling off something that is actually difficult to do.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Half a Locket 1
Legendary Artifact (R, Alchemy)
When Half a Locket enters the battlefield, draw a card. Then if there are 5 or more legendary creatures with different names in your library, one of them becomes your fated one (only one card name may be your fated one.)
When your fated one enters the battlefield, put a ring on it (it's a +1/+1 counter that also grants a random ability from among lifelink, deathtouch, flying, trample and menace.)

IIW: farce
My main comment on this card is that the last time they printed a one-mana artifact that draws a card when it enters the battlefield they had to ban it in multiple formats. The rest would be fun for some folks, but too much for me.
spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
(silver border)
Locked Treasurebox
Artifact (U)
When Locked Treasurebox enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Whenever you cast a creature or artifact spell with a key in its art, you may sacrifice Locked Treasurebox. If you do, search your library for an artifact card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.

me personally I appreciate still calling it silver bordered. I can't help but compare this with the previous card in a variety of ways, and actually with the entry before it as well. I wonder if it's correct to chain these for value, assuming your deck has enough key cards to unlock multiple locks. Mystical Teachings on the slow (but also probably on the cheap). Is it wrong to think about competitive value chains in silver-border land?
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Sherlock Holmes 2ub
Legendary Creature- human rogue
Whenever an opponent draws a card, other than the first card during each of their draw steps, scry 1.
Persist
3/3

John Watson 1rw
Legendary Creature- human soldier
John watson enters the battlefield with a -1/-1 counter on it.
Whenever you or a teammate scries, you may pay 1. When you do, John Watson deals 1 damage to target creature or planeswalker.
3/4

Iiw: the wolves are at the door
We really need a better type for detectives than rogue. Wizards, please grant my wish so that I don't have to do the same scryfall search every time and get disappointed with the outcome. Perhaps the Noir set that New Capenna totally wasn't will deliver on this. I guess I could just make one up, and there IS the un-only Spy, but detectives aren't spies.
...What was I talking about again?
Sherlock feels like he doesn't do enough on his own, though I like the touch of persist to perhaps capture his return from the reichenbach falls. Watson has his part to play as well (be around; shoot gun sometimes). -1/-1 cpunter to capture the injury is also subtle, though it feels off when you realize that there's nothing to do with it (at this point, Bloodied Ghost interjects with keeing wail, but we ignore such supernatural intrusions into our judging).
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Creeky Old Hotel
Land (U)
Creeky Old Hotel may be haunted as though it were a creature.
T: Add C. If Creeky Old Hotel is haunted, create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying.

Murderous Ghost B
Creature- Spirit (C)
Flying
Haunt (When this creature dies, exile it haunting target creature.)
When Murerous Ghost or haunted creature becomes tapped, each player loses 1 life.
1/1

IIW: I already have too many entries, and these don't even go together that well.
Ghost is likely too pushed. Flying on this gives it a lot of offensive. Compare Pulse Tracker or whatever. And, yeah, it hurts you too but When you're playing a flying Savannah Lions in black you probably either don't care or want that anyway. Hotel is cute, I like that concept. Maybe someday wizards will redo haunt! maybe!
spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Setessan Bloodsower 2RG
Creature — Satyr Druid (U)
Whenever a nonartifact creature you control dies, create a tribal Hydra artifact token with trample and with X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is that creature's power. (The token isn't a creature.)
2R: Until end of turn, target artifact you control becomes an artifact creature with haste and base power and toughness each equal to its mana value.
3/3

I feel like there's a specific mythological reference here re: monsters being grown from the remains of dead things that I am missing. Not just the Hydra regrowing its heads, but something else. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, does this need to be green?
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Bone 1B
Instant
Sacrifice a creature. Create a 4/1 Black Skeleton creature token with Menace.

====

Pick 2G
Sorcery
Aftermath
Return target card from your graveyard to your hand.
Probably needs an "if you do" on Bone, otherwise it's a 4/1 flash menace for 1B. Pick, being castable from the graveyard and thus subject to self-milling synergy, probably needs to cost more. Compare Timeless Witness at seven mana. This wouldn't need to be seven, but it probably needs to be more than three.

Winner: Spacemonaut (locked chest)
Next: Player counters (experience, poison, etc)

P.S. @void_nothing can we ask feyd to make the edit box adjustable in size? I need it to be taller for these entries with multiple cards.
MEG

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

I'll relay it
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

chetoos

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Sherlock feels like he doesn't do enough on his own, though I like the touch of persist to perhaps capture his return from the reichenbach falls. Watson has his part to play as well (be around; shoot gun sometimes). -1/-1 cpunter to capture the injury is also subtle, though it feels off when you realize that there's nothing to do with it (at this point, Bloodied Ghost interjects with keeing wail, but we ignore such supernatural intrusions into our judging).
I mean, I wasn't expecting to win, honestly, but you did hit the subtle points that I included in my design. Also, Sherlock is a persisting toned down version of Notion Thief , so I felt like not doing a lot was ok.
Edit: I also don't disagree that rogue isn't correct for ALL detectives, but Sherlock Holmes is absolutely a rogue.

Mergatroid_Jones

Thane of The Dross 2BB
Creature- Phyrexian Horror (R)
First strike, wither
When a player gains a -1/-1 counter, that player's maximum life total becomes their starting life total minus one for each -1/-1 counter they have. The player's maximum hand size becomes seven minus one for each -1/-1 counter they have. (A player cannot have more life than their maximum life total. These effects lasts as long as the player has -1/-1 counters.)
When a creature dies, that creature's controller gets all -1/-1 counters the creature had.
3/3

IIW: Bring back something cool.
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Juancu

Paul Atreides GWR
Legendary Creature - Human Noble (M)
Whenever Paul Atreides enters the battlefield or attacks, you get a melange counter (you may look at the top card of your library if you have a melange counter and control a permanent that foresees.)
Foresees fremen and deserts (You may play the top card of your library if it's a fremen or desert, and you spend a melange.)
2/4

Space Guild Navigator 1GB
Creature - Human Mutant (R)
Deathtouch
When Space Guild Navigator enters the battlefield, you may gain 2 life or pay 2 life. If you paid life, you get a melange counter (you may look at the top card of your library if you have a melange counter and control a permanent that foresees.)
Foresees land (You may play the top card of your library if it's a land and you spend a melange.)
2/2

IIW: Unconventional power

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

Foresee the Hunt 1G
Sorcery (U)
Look at the top four cards of your library. You may reveal a creature or land card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
You get a trample counter. (Whenever you cast a creature spell, you may spend an ability counter you have. If you do, that creature enters the battlefield with the corresponding counter on it.)

IIW: Green ponder variants
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Ulka

Joltrider Thief 1UR
Creature - Human Rebel (R)
As long as you have Energy counters, Joltrider Thief has flying.
When Joltrider Thief enters the battlefield you get EE.
Pay Ee: Gain control of target artifact an opponent controls until the end of turn. If it is a creature it gains haste until end of turn. Untap it.
1/3

IIW: Draft matter mechanics

chetoos

Rashmi, Aether Spinner 1GUR
Legendary Creature - Elf Druid
Whenever you spend any amount of Energy, you get an experience counter. This ability only triggers once each turn.
Remove an experience counter from yourself: You get an .
If another source you control would give you an experience counter, you get an additional experience counter.
2/4

IIW: The wolves are at the door.

Mergatroid_Jones

Artisan of Gitaxias 4U
Creature- Phyrexian (U)
At the beginning of your end step, if Artisan of Gitaxias is tapped, each player gets a poison counter.
2U, Remove three poison counters from yourself: Counter target spell unless its controller pays 3.
1/5

IIW: Something that makes copies of itself

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

Akihiro, Keeper of the Gallery 1UR
Legendary Creature — Moonfolk Wizard (M)
Flying
Whenever you draw your second card each turn, you get a mirror counter. (Whenever you or a permanent you control becomes the only target of a spell, remove a mirror counter. When you do, you may copy that spell and may choose new targets for the copy.)
3, Return a land you control to its owner's hand: Draw a card, then discard a card.
The gallery was ransacked long ago, but the mirrors' broken shards still hold fragments of its power.
3/2

IIW: Looters
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

wizyard
Pronoun: they / them

Post by wizyard » 1 year ago

Phyrexian Forerunner
Creature - Phyrexian Carrier Scout (C)
Virulent (This creature deals damage to players in the form of disease counters. At the beginning of a diseased player's upkeep, that player loses 1 life for each disease counter on them.)
1/3

iiw: noncreature tokens

Megiddo
MEG

Circus Tormentor 2B
Creature — Human Clown {R}
Whenever an opponent drops a ball, that player loses 2 life and you gain 2 life.
1B, T: Toss target player a ball. (It's a counter with "at the beginning of your upkeep, pay 1 or drop this counter.")
2/3

(for clarity, dropping a ball will cause it to cease to exist)

IIW: Mysteries of the deep
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Circus Tormentor 2B
Whenever an opponent drops a ball, that player loses 2 life and you gain 2 life.
1B, T: Toss target player a ball.
New deck tech! Throw a bowling basketball as hard as you can to knock your opponent out, and you'll automatically win the match because your opponent can't continue playing.

The newest hypest card! The best win condition for Black Deck Wins in all formats, and the go-to win condition in EDH, finally replacing Thassa's Oracle and Lab Maniac as the win condition of choice for combo.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Juancu

Join the Alliance W
Enchantment (R)
If you would put a counter on an ally creature you control, you may get that counter instead.
Up to one counter of each kind on you also affects ally creatures you control.

Ulka

Summoner's Valor W
Sorcery
You gain an Exalted counter.
Flashback 3W

IIW: One of Mechanics from Shards of Alara is to be features in the next modern horizons set and you have to design one of the cards for the set.

Megiddo
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Circus Tormentor 2B
1B, T: Toss target player a ball.
New deck tech! Throw a bowling basketball as hard as you can to knock your opponent out, and you'll automatically win the match because your opponent can't continue playing.

The newest hypest card! The best win condition for Black Deck Wins in all formats, and the go-to win condition in EDH, finally replacing Thassa's Oracle and Lab Maniac as the win condition of choice for combo.
bringing my dice bag and my bocce set to the RCQ
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
bringing my dice bag and my bocce set to the RCQ
The new World Champion is Igordimyr "Papa Volga" Petrovych, the 384-pound Slavic strongman champion who plays Circus Tormentor and uses cannonballs.

Most people just concede when the Tormentor resolves.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

I'm gonna level with you chief that sounds like an Unfinity preview
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”