NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

wizyard wrote:
1 year ago
seems like you're picking stories that are interesting, but they mite not translate well to cardform.
More or less. I was hoping story novelty might win the day

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

from the depths

Incendiary Research RRR
Enchantment {M}
Whenever you cast a spell, Incendiary Research deals 10 damage to you.
Whenever a time counter is removed from Incendiary Research while it's exiled, exile the top card of your library. You may play that card this turn.
Suspend 6 - R

IIW: mecha and mecha accessories
Last edited by Megiddo 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

wizyard wrote:
1 year ago

and the pay 3.. represents some cost to kick the habit?
A bit overcomplicated with what represents what. Paying 3 to destroy it represents the literal tons of opium destroyed by the Chinese state in the lead up to the war. The Company was not happy. (But also the token needed an out)

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

wizyard wrote:
1 year ago
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago

Splitting the Atom 2BR
Enchantment — Saga (R)
I — Create two 1/1 black Human Citizen creature tokens.
II — Create two tapped Treasure tokens.
III — Destroy target land. Put a -1/-1 counter on each creature controlled by that land's controller.
IV — Transform Splitting the Atom.
//
The Nuclear Age
Legendary Enchantment (R)
When The Nuclear Age transforms or at the beginning of your upkeep, remove a lore counter from it, then create a 1/1 black Human Citizen creature token and a tapped Treasure token, then put a -1/-1 counter on each creature you don't control.
When The Nuclear Age has no lore counters on it, sacrifice it.
IIW: Suspend
who are the people these tokens represent? and why the treasure?

i like the functionality of the lore counters being used to count down on the flip side, very interesting. the radiation is well represented, and destroying a land also works for me in the flavortown.
The people just represented scientists studying atomic sciences and the treasure tokens represent energy gains from nuclear power. They're tapped mostly just because I felt that would be a better play pattern. Glad you liked the ticking down on the back side!
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

wizyard wrote:
1 year ago

i appreciate your choice, a historical event that really should be remembered

im unsure what the last part specifically refers to

i understand why you used the existing creature type serf, but obviously it's not quite the same as slave
Best Link I can give is this: Aftermath and Economic Damage of the Haitian Revolution

Basically In the revolution they were deeply indebted to France for reparations along with the fact that they lost nearly all existing infrastructure during the revolution which has really impacted them and has led Haiti to be the poorest country in the western hemisphere
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Mergatroid_Jones

Held In Suspense UW
Enchantment (U)
At the beginning of your upkeep, exile Held In Supsense.
When a player casts a spell, exile that spell with a time counter on it. It gains suspend.

IIW: Mechanics used in only one set.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

Crushing Shockwave 1WBG
Sorcery
Destroy all creatures without +1/+1 counters on them.
Suspend X—XWBG. X can't be 0.
Whenever a time counter is removed from Crushing Shockwave while it's in exile, put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature.
"Brace yourselves! Brace! Br—"

IIW: Player counters (experience, poison, etc)

Ulka

Age of Agriculture
Sorcery
Suspend 3 W
Whenever you remove a time counter from Age of Agriculture, if an opponent controls as many or more lands than you, search your library for a plains, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle. If you control more lands, you may tap an untapped land you control. If you do, create a food token.
Draw a card.

IIW: Conspiracies

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 1 year ago

Cryogenic Cloning WU
Instant (R)
Suspend 2 - WU, Exile a creature you control
Exile target creature you control, then create a token that's a copy of each card exiled with Cryogenic Cloning.

Don't know if the rules work exactly.

IIW: In your dreams
Last edited by NinjaCaterpie 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Suspendead
2{B}
Creature - Zombie Warrior (C)
When Suspendead enters the battlefield, if it wasn't cast from your hand, you draw a card, then lose 1 life unless you discard a card.
Suspend 2 - 2{B}{B}
You may suspend Suspendead from your graveyard.
3/2

IIW: Unconventional Oozes
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Getting weird again... I think suspend was much better done in Kamigawa with Sagas. Sagas are the best, so let's try replacing the mechanic with them.

Quick Bolt 5R
Instant
Quick Bolt deals 4 damage to any target.
R Clock 4 >>>
---
Slow Bolt R
Clock Enchantment - Saga
(A clock is treated as if it doesn't exist, except to trigger, and to resolve its trigger.)
I / II / III
IV Exile this enchantment and cast it as Quick Bolt without paying its mana cost.

The clock rules is so enchantment removal doesn't kill your long-awaited effect.

IIW: finally complete
Last edited by Juancu 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Thriss in Hibernation 2GG
Legendary Creature - Insect Druid (M)
If you would remove a time counter from Thriss in Hibernation while it's exiled, you may pay G instead. If you do, you get a time counter. (You don't remove the counter if you pay.)
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you lose all time counters. Creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn for each counter you lost this way.
2GG, T: Create a 1/1 green Insect creature token. You get a time counter.
Suspend 3 - 1G
4/4

IIW: Targeting stuff in graveyards
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

yo, thriss
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

Theta, Timeline Fracturer 1UR
Legendary Creature — Human Wizard {M}
Whenever a creature with the same name as this permanent enters the battlefield, put three +1/+1 counters on each creature you control named Theta, Timeline Fracturer and draw a card.
If Theta would be put into your graveyard because of the "legend rule," instead exile it with three time counters on it and it gains suspend.
3/3

IIW: two halves of a whole
MEG

Ulka

Akroma, Angel of Knowledge 5UUU
Legendary Creature - Angel
Suspend 3 - 2UU
Flying, Trample, Vigilance, Protection from Red and Green
When you cast Akroma, Angel of Knowledge, if you control no tapped lands, draw 3 cards.
6/6

IIW: Draft Matters cards

chetoos

Return to nothingness
Sorcery (b)
Suspend 7
You lose the game.
Whenever a time counter is removed from this card while it is exiled, if it still has time counters on it, you may sacrifice a land. If you do, target opponent gains control of it. (Figure it out, rules team)

Iiw: the wolves are at the door/creature type: inhibitor

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

I have a feeling @Cythare doesn't even realize he won the last round :grin: ...
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Mergatroid_Jones

Jhoira of the Weatherlight RU
Legendary Creature- Human Wizard (M)
Historic cards in your hand gain Suspend 1. The suspend cost is equal to the mana cost of that card reduced by 3. This can't reduce a suspend cost to less than 1. (Mana cost includes colored mana.)
1/3

IIW: A common and a rare with the same ability.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

Okay, let's cast some spells from exile!
entries
Show
Hide
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
from the depths

Incendiary Research RRR
Enchantment {M}
Whenever you cast a spell, Incendiary Research deals 10 damage to you.
Whenever a time counter is removed from Incendiary Research while it's exiled, exile the top card of your library. You may play that card this turn.
Suspend 6 - R

IIW: mecha and mecha accessories
I remember this design, and it's definitely cool. It's a bit weird that it has a mana cost, since you don't really want this to ever enter the battlefield, but other than that, it's a good amount of value over several turns, and then a potentially hard decision when the last time counter is removed. Hopefully the first 5 extra cards you drew were enough to not need to, though.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Held In Suspense UW
Enchantment (U)
At the beginning of your upkeep, exile Held In Supsense.
When a player casts a spell, exile that spell with a time counter on it. It gains suspend.

IIW: Mechanics used in only one set.
This reads really cool, but I'm having trouble with single-turn suspension. It doesn't deter opposing creatures, since they'll enter with haste. It's cool for a Storm deck, since you essentially double the mana that Storm has access to by investing a bunch of spells on the previous turn, but Storm usually isn't in white. I'm interested to use this to try to make it work with a white splash, but I'm also not sure Storm is your intended use case here.
spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Crushing Shockwave 1WBG
Sorcery
Destroy all creatures without +1/+1 counters on them.
Suspend X—XWBG. X can't be 0.
Whenever a time counter is removed from Crushing Shockwave while it's in exile, put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature.
"Brace yourselves! Brace! Br—"

IIW: Player counters (experience, poison, etc)
This is pretty cool. I specifically like that casting it for X=1 trades off 1 turn for 1 creature saved, but scaling beyond that lets you save more things at the cost of telegraphing a wrath.
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Age of Agriculture
Sorcery
Suspend 3 W
Whenever you remove a time counter from Age of Agriculture, if an opponent controls as many or more lands than you, search your library for a plains, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle. If you control more lands, you may tap an untapped land you control. If you do, create a food token.
Draw a card.

IIW: Conspiracies
When I saw the initial iteration of this, I had a note that I wish that it put the land onto the battlefield to deter stockpiling lands to try to thin your deck. I think this version hits a good balance of rewarding for having the most lands (I assume that the second to last sentence should say "if you control more lands than each opponent".
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
1 year ago
Cryogenic Cloning WU
Instant (R)
Suspend 2 - WU, Exile a creature you control
Exile target creature you control, then create a token that's a copy of each card exiled with Cryogenic Cloning.

Don't know if the rules work exactly.

IIW: In your dreams
This is really cool. At first I was like "you can suspend it in response to removal!" but of course, you can't, because suspend. That being said, being able to choose between extra value by waiting a couple turns and using it to respond to removal is pretty neat. It's costed well, since you aren't going up on permanents, but you're almost definitely putting this in a blink deck of some kind.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Suspendead
2{B}
Creature - Zombie Warrior (C)
When Suspendead enters the battlefield, if it wasn't cast from your hand, you draw a card, then lose 1 life unless you discard a card.
Suspend 2 - 2{B}{B}
You may suspend Suspendead from your graveyard.
3/2

IIW: Unconventional Oozes
This feels like it might be problematic in Limited. The concept is cool, but I'd probably want it to either be uncommon or be unable to block. Otherwise, two of these gives you an extra speed bump every turn while looting for an answer to whatever keeps attacking you.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Getting weird again... I think suspend was much better done in Kamigawa with Sagas. Sagas are the best, so let's try replacing the mechanic with them.

Quick Bolt 5R
Instant
Quick Bolt deals 4 damage to any target.
R Clock 4 >>>
---
Slow Bolt R
Clock Enchantment - Saga
(A clock is treated as if it doesn't exist, except to trigger, and to resolve its trigger.)
I / II / III
IV Exile this enchantment and cast it as Quick Bolt without paying its mana cost.

The clock rules is so enchantment removal doesn't kill your long-awaited effect.

IIW: finally complete
I don't like clock. I think this is a messier version of suspend, since it's on the battlefield, except nothing else cares about it. The fun part about Sagas is that they tell a story over the chapters, and their implementation is notably different than suspend (although I agree that the Kamigawa flip sagas bridge the gap a fair amount). This doesn't feel like a Saga at all to me, because it doesn't tell me a story. I think there's an argument to be made for entering a Kamigawa-style Saga in this challenge using your logic, but this one doesn't get there for me.
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Thriss in Hibernation 2GG
Legendary Creature - Insect Druid (M)
If you would remove a time counter from Thriss in Hibernation while it's exiled, you may pay G instead. If you do, you get a time counter. (You don't remove the counter if you pay.)
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you lose all time counters. Creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn for each counter you lost this way.
2GG, T: Create a 1/1 green Insect creature token. You get a time counter.
Suspend 3 - 1G
4/4

IIW: Targeting stuff in graveyards
THRISS

Ok so this is a deep cut, and I love it. My only hesitation is using time counters on players. There's no reason that we can't use time counters on players, it just feels possibly confusing. This is a mythic, though, so maybe it's fine. I also like...really want to attack with my 4/4 for 4, but this is retreading the exact same problem OG Thriss had, so this beef is with Wizards, not you.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Theta, Timeline Fracturer 1UR
Legendary Creature — Human Wizard {M}
Whenever a creature with the same name as this permanent enters the battlefield, put three +1/+1 counters on each creature you control named Theta, Timeline Fracturer and draw a card.
If Theta would be put into your graveyard because of the "legend rule," instead exile it with three time counters on it and it gains suspend.
3/3

IIW: two halves of a whole
This card is in a bit of a tough spot. It's a mythic, so it's hard to get multiples of it in Limited (clone effects and such will get you there). It's a legendary permanent that doesn't work in Commander. That said, this card really calls to me, and I'm not a huge Commander player, so I really want to make this work. It feels like a card that you want to just start building a deck around.
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Akroma, Angel of Knowledge 5UUU
Legendary Creature - Angel
Suspend 3 - 2UU
Flying, Trample, Vigilance, Protection from Red and Green
When you cast Akroma, Angel of Knowledge, if you control no tapped lands, draw 3 cards.
6/6

IIW: Draft Matters cards
That's a big cast trigger. I think that my biggest issue here is that suspending here is almost always correct on-curve. You don't have to pay a second cost on a later turn like with Akroma, Angel of Fury, and it starts clocking a whole two turns earlier (comes down on turn 7 instead of 8 and has haste). I like the space this is playing in, but I think it needs to have something to make it slightly more compelling to hardcast. Fury may not have haste, but it has the upside of being uncounterable.
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Return to nothingness
Sorcery (b)
Suspend 7
You lose the game.
Whenever a time counter is removed from this card while it is exiled, if it still has time counters on it, you may sacrifice a land. If you do, target opponent gains control of it. (Figure it out, rules team)

Iiw: the wolves are at the door/creature type: inhibitor
In a 2-player game, this results in you ending up with it. I'm not sure this works in the rules, but I'll ignore that. I get what this is trying to do, but I'm having trouble with a deterministic hot potato.
HMs and Winner
Show
Hide
HMs: NinjaCaterpie, void_nothing
Winner: Megiddo for Theta, Timeline Fracturer
Next: two halves of a whole
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

NinjaCaterpie

Bisect 1B
Sorcery (U)
Each player sacrifices a creature. If a creature dying this way causes a triggered ability of a permanent you control to trigger, that ability triggers an additional time.
"The bodies were found in two perfect halves, as if split from head to toe by some impossibly thin knife."
- Obscura investigation case file, AIS-2

IIW: in your dreams

chetoos

Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
In a 2-player game, this results in you ending up with it. I'm not sure this works in the rules, but I'll ignore that. I get what this is trying to do, but I'm having trouble with a deterministic hot potato.
Well, you don't have to sac a land each turn. If you wait a turn after casting it, it'll end up with your opponent. Plus, your opponent might decide to wait a turn instead. There's lots of decision points on the card.

chetoos

NinjaCaterpie wrote:
1 year ago
Bisect 1B
Sorcery (U)
Each player sacrifices a creature. If a creature dying this way causes a triggered ability of a permanent you control to trigger, that ability triggers an additional time.
"The bodies were found in two perfect halves, as if split from head to toe by some impossibly thin knife."
- Obscura investigation case file, AIS-2

IIW: in your dreams
looks like he got Sawed in Half

Mergatroid_Jones

Lifecoiled Engine 4
Artifact Creature- Phyrexian Wurm (U)
Lifelink
At the beginning of your end step, if you both own and control Lifecoil Engine and a creature named Deathcoil Engine, exile them, then meld them into Wurmcoiled Engine.
3/3

Deathcoiled Engine 4
Artifact Creature- Phyrexian Wurm (U)
Deathtouch
Life and death each have their uses.
3/3

//////////\\\\\\\\\\
Wurmcoiled Engine
Artifact Creature- Phyrexian Wurm
Deathtouch, Lifelink
When Wurmcoiled Engine dies, create a 3/3 colorless Phyrexian Wurm artifact creature token with deathtouch and a 3/3 colorless Phyrexian Wurm artifact creature token with lifelink.
6/6

IIW: A common and a rare with the same ability. (not an evergreen keyword)

NinjaCaterpie

chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Well, you don't have to sac a land each turn. If you wait a turn after casting it, it'll end up with your opponent. Plus, your opponent might decide to wait a turn instead. There's lots of decision points on the card.
If it's a may, there's no decision points at all, right? You wait six turns until the second last counter is removed, then sac a land and give it to your opponent. They cast it at the beginning of their next upkeep and lose the game

Mergatroid_Jones

Slow day it seems.

Rowan's Sparkshower 1R
Instant (C)
Rowan's Sparkshower deals 2 damage to target creature or planeswalker and 1 damage to that permanent's controller.
Twincast-- If a spell named Will's Iceblast has resolved this turn, Rowan's Sparkshower deals 1 damage to each other creature and planeswalker that player controls.

Will's Iceblast U
Instant (C)
Tap target creature. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step. Scry 1.
Twincast-- If a spell named Rowan's Sparkshower has resolved this turn, draw a card.
Another pair
Show
Hide

Left Hand's Hex B
Instant (C)
Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature.
Twincast-- If a spell named Right Hand's Boon has resolved this turn, put an additional two -1/-1 counters on that creature.

Right Hand's Boon B
Instant (C)
Target creature gets +1/+0 and gains lifelink until end of turn.
Twincast-- If a spell named Left Hand's Hex has resolved this turn, that creature gains deathtouch and indestructible until end of turn.
IIW: Lands lands lands

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”