NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

The Three Virtues of Thrun G
Enchantment - Saga
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
I — The next creature spell you cast this turn can not be countered.
II — Put a Hexproof counter on target creature you control.
III — Target creature with Hexproof becomes a 4/4 Green Troll with 1G: Regenerate this creature.
With the Trolls gone from New Phyrexia, they fell into mysticism and in that Mysticism a Cult of Thrun was born.

IIW: Religious Mythology in Cards
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Generosity W
Enchantment (R)
1W: Target player may gain control of target artifact or creature you control. If they don't, you draw 2 cards and gain 3 life.
Cycling 2

Empathy 2U
Enchantment Creature- Incarnation (U)
Bestow 1U
When one or more creatures die, tap Empathy, then tap enchanted creature. They don't untap during their controllers' next untap steps.
5/5

Seven Virtues 3W
Enchantment
Seven Virtues can't be countered.
Enchanted creature has +1/+1, ward 1, vigilance, first strike, lifelink, and outlast 1.

IIW: Paint me up
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

Iustitia, Giver of Life 5GWW
Legendary Creature - Angel {M}
When Iustitia, Giver of Life enters the battlefield, create two 3/3 green Plant Tentacle tokens with "Creatures you control named Iustitia, Giver of Life get +2/+2 and have flying, trample and indestructible"
3/3

IIW: Temporarily
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Don't be a Jerk 1W
Enchantment
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player chooses one-
- Each player gains 1 life and creates a 1/1 colorless artifact Servo creature token.
- That player draws a card. Each player may pay 1. That player loses 1 life for each player who does.

IIW: a triggered ability, a static ability, and an activated ability on one card.

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Longanimity 2WW
Creature - Incarnation (R)
Flash
As long as you have -5 or less life, you don't lose the game for having 0 or less life.
2WW: Your life total becomes 1.
2/4

IIW: from the pages of the economicon
Last edited by Juancu 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

Fealty 1GGWW
Creature — Spirit Incarnation (R)
Trample
Ward
Whenever Fealty attacks or blocks, creatures you control that are attacking or blocking get +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of creatures you control that are attacking or blocking.
3/3

IIW: the lich lord's kingdom
Last edited by spacemonaut 2 years ago, edited 8 times in total.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Judging in, let's call it, 3 to 5 hours.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

Sapientia, Controller of Seas 1WWU
Flash
Whenever a player taps an Island for mana, that player adds an additional U.
UUU: Put Sapientia, Controller of Seas into its owner's library third from the top.
3/4

IIW: late game? my late game is you're dead
MEG

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Virtue Signaling 1WB
Enchantment
At the beginning of your end step, choose one:
Charity - Sacrifice an artifact. If you do, each opponent sacrifices an artifact.
Volunteering - Sacrifice a creature. If you do, each opponent sacrifices a creature.
Activism - Sacrifice a nonbasic land. If you do, each opponent sacrifices a nonbasic land. Then each player searches their library for a basic land card, puts it into the battlefield tapped, then shuffles.
Last edited by Juancu 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Altruistic Adoption 2WW
Sorcery (R)
Gain control of target creature. Its controller creates X Treasure tokens, where X is its mana value.

IIW: A goblin artisan
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Megiddo
MEG

pretend i made Temperantia too
MEG

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Virtue of Ruin 2WWW
Creature - Angel
Flash
When Virtue of Ruin enters the battlefield, if it was cast from hand, exile all attacking creature target player controls. That player may search their library for that many basic land cards, put those cards onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle.
In the celestial hierarch, Virtues are of the second Sphere between God and Man but if they are forced to act in the world only ruin can follow.
3/3

Settle the Wreckage is certainly one of the cards of all time. No creativity points, and where's the flying?
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Charity 2WW
Creature — Elemental Incarnation (M)
Flying
Whenever a player taps a land for mana, each other player creates two tapped Treasure tokens. This ability triggers only once each turn.
3/3

IIW: A 2-mana token maker
This looks half-interesting, half-miserable. Certainly doesn't incentivize anyone to actually play the game even if the flavor's on point. Would scaling the Treasures to the number of lands tapped above a certain number get too insane?
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Fortitudo, Bringer of Flames 3RWW
Flying, haste
Fortitudo, Bringer of Flames enters the battlefield with a shield counter on it. (If it would be dealt damage or destroyed, remove a shield counter from it instead.)
Other creatures you control get +2/+0 and have indestructible as long as Fortitudo has a shield counter on it.
5/5

IIW: information and belief
Sure, this is certainly a thing. It's inexpensive mass indestructible and a pretty sizeable pump but it gets neutralized as soon as the opp has a Hornet Sting, so all's fair I suppose. Still, shield counters aren't quite evergreen yet.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Patience 2WW
Creature - Incarnation
Please wait I'm still developing this card
2/

IIW: tbd
:skull:
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Overwhelming Piety 1WW
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Creature
Whenever Enchanted creature deals damage, Overwhelming Piety deals that much damage to enchanted creature's controller.
Enchanted Creature's activated abilities cost an additional "Pay 2 life" to activate unless they are mana abilities.
Overcome with emotion, the vampire couldn't bring himself to eat the human anymore. Ashamed, he rushed to the nearest Church of Sigarda to pay his respects.

IIW: Compleated Planeswalkers.
Compared to Arrest, e.g., I feel like this card could cost W. It doesn't actually act as removal like Guilty Conscience does, after all.
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
The Three Virtues of Thrun G
Enchantment - Saga
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
I — The next creature spell you cast this turn can not be countered.
II — Put a Hexproof counter on target creature you control.
III — Target creature with Hexproof becomes a 4/4 Green Troll with 1G: Regenerate this creature.
With the Trolls gone from New Phyrexia, they fell into mysticism and in that Mysticism a Cult of Thrun was born.

Fun and a great callback, but complex to track, and probably not quite enough justification to use regenerate on a current card. Also, where do you put flavor text in the Saga layout? :thinking:
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Generosity W
Enchantment (R)
1W: Target player may gain control of target artifact or creature you control. If they don't, you draw 2 cards and gain 3 life.
Cycling 2

Empathy 2U
Enchantment Creature- Incarnation (U)
Bestow 1U
When one or more creatures die, tap Empathy, then tap enchanted creature. They don't untap during their controllers' next untap steps.
5/5

Seven Virtues 3W
Enchantment
Seven Virtues can't be countered.
Enchanted creature has +1/+1, ward 1, vigilance, first strike, lifelink, and outlast 1.

IIW: Paint me up
Generosity's not going to be used for anything but being mean.

Empathy is flavorful and all, but - is empathy a weakness?

Seven Virtues could be kind of fun in a keyword-soup way, but you're missing some important proofreading stuff and also, does uncounterable count as its own virtue? Truly?
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Iustitia, Giver of Life 5GWW
When Iustitia, Giver of Life enters the battlefield, create two 3/3 green Plant Tentacle tokens with "Creatures you control named Iustitia, Giver of Life get +2/+2 and have flying, trample and indestructible"
3/3

IIW: Temporarily
Nice. Nicenicenice. While this is 13 power, some of it on an absurd flying/trample/indestructible body, it's also fragile in a similar way that Fortitudo is. Silly with populate, of course. I'm not sure if this is too much for eight mana or not, though, which sounds absurd.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Don't be a Jerk 1W
Enchantment
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player chooses one-
- Each player gains 1 life and creates a 1/1 colorless artifact Servo creature token.
- That player draws a card. Each player may pay 1. That player loses 1 life for each player who does.

IIW: a triggered ability, a static ability, and an activated ability on one card.
Game theory? In MY Kaladesh?
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Longanimity 2WW
Creature - Incarnation (R)
Flash
As long as you have -5 or less life, you don't lose the game for having 0 or less life.
2WW: Your life total becomes 1.
2/4

IIW: from the pages of the economicon
REALLY flavorful and a fun niche card, but I'm not sure if its niche is too small. That activated ability is so fun to read, but not usable except as a panic button or for a fairly strange combo.
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Fealty 1GGWW
Creature — Spirit Incarnation (R)
Trample
Ward
Whenever Fealty attacks or blocks, creatures you control that are attacking or blocking get +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of creatures you control that are attacking or blocking.
3/3

IIW: the lich lord's kingdom
Oh, this I like a lot. Fealty is kind of a deep cut as a virtue but it really comes across in the design, and at that cost and with those requirements it feels fair even as a total durdle card - and it does actually finish the game when you swing!
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Sapientia, Controller of Seas 1WWU
Flash
Whenever a player taps an Island for mana, that player adds an additional U.
UUU: Put Sapientia, Controller of Seas into its owner's library third from the top.
3/4

IIW: late game? my late game is you're dead
BLUE DECKS AND HIGH TIDES FOREVER

Was half-expecting a vulnerability like the other two's.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Virtue Signaling 1WB
Enchantment
At the beginning of your end step, choose one:
Charity - Sacrifice an artifact. If you do, each opponent sacrifices an artifact.
Volunteering - Sacrifice a creature. If you do, each opponent sacrifices a creature.
Activism - Sacrifice a nonbasic land. If you do, each opponent sacrifices a nonbasic land. Then each player searches their library for a basic land card, puts it into the battlefield tapped, then shuffles.
Well that's rather cynical.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Altruistic Adoption 2WW
Sorcery (R)
Gain control of target creature. Its controller creates X Treasure tokens, where X is its mana value.

IIW: A goblin artisan
Purchase a child! Is "white can do anything if it rewards the opponent" the new "black can do anything if you pay life for it" and "red can do anything if what's affected is random" or what
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
pretend i made Temperantia too
Great, I will pretend to judge

HMs: Ulka for Thrun's Saga, Juancu for Longanimity, Megiddo for all the Angels
Winner: @spacemonaut
Next: the lich lord's kingdom
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Mergatroid_Jones

Everplaying Quartet 3U
Creature- Skeleton Bard (R)
Sorceries and instants you cast during your main phase cost 2 less to cast.
4UUUU: Return Everplaying Quartetfrom your graveyard to your hand.
2/4

IIW: A card with a triggered, activated, and static ability

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

An alternate prompt is: sacrifice play

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Liliana, Queen of Urborg 4BB
Art: A zombie Liliana, overflowing with purple necromantic energy, roaring in defiance. Dozens of zombies are seen in the background.
Legendary Planeswalker - Liliana
As long as Liliana Queen of urborg isn't on the battlefield, it's a 2/2 zombie creature in addition to its other types.
+1 - Target creature gets -1/-1 for each zombie card in your graveyard. When that creature dies this turn, create a tapped 2/2 black zombie creature token.
-3 - Mill 3 cards, then choose a zombie card in your graveyard. You may return that card to the battlefield if its mana value is less than or equal to the number of zombies you control. Otherwise, put that card into your hand.
-9 - Destroy all non-zombie creatures, then return all creature cards from all graveyards to the battlefield. They become black zombies in addition to their other colors and types.

IIW: Corrupted Planeswalkers (Compleated or otherwise)

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Tortured Jester
1{B}
Creature - Zombie Clown (C)
Encore 4{B}
2/1
"Now THAT'S funny!" -Lich Lord Barmel

IIW: Extinct animals
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

I'm gonna move this one on.

Everplaying Quartet: part of this ability would seem redundant except that there's definitely ways to wind up casting sorceries outside your main phase, and sometimes you're even paying their costs for doing so! Everything costing 2 less during your turn is pretty significant and definitely makes this card worth playing. The 4UUUU regrowth cost might be excessive even for a late game mana sink; at this cost you could return it right to the battlefield.

Liliana: Zombie Lich Lord Liliana has stolen my heart. She won't give it back. Please someone tell me where the complaints board is, the guards won't let me back in.

Tortured Jester: I don't know if I get the joke but I expect it'll hit me later. Nice common.

Next: Corrupted Planeswalkers (Compleated or otherwise)

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Sheez laweez are we in the "not even giving it a full day" phase now

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

we had only three entries after 23½ hours and none for a whole eight, i figured the prompt was not really working for people & decided to do people a mercy and move on

Ulka

Koth, Mountainous Megalomaniac BR
Planeswalker - Koth
+1: Until end of turn target Mountain gains "T: Create a Treasure, you lose 1 life."
-2: Koth deals 2 damage to target creature. If that creature had infect, its control loses 2 life and you draw a card.
-2: Until end of turn, Koth, Mountainous Megalomaniac becomes a 4/4 Human Warrior creature with indestructible and "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to an opponent, target Mountain becomes a 4/4 red Elemental creature. It's still a land." that's still a planeswalker. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to him this turn.
Loyalty: 3

IIW: Design the new Card for a Koth themed Signature spellbook or duel deck

Megiddo
MEG

void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Sheez laweez are we in the "not even giving it a full day" phase now
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
we had only three entries after 23½ hours and none for a whole eight, i figured the prompt was not really working for people & decided to do people a mercy and move on
After more than ten years of this I still truly cannot predict what challenges will produce 20-entry spamfests and which will produce barren deserts.
MEG

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

To be clear: I think I have an idea or two I can sleep on and there's no reason to declare Ulka the winner by default yet

Ulka

void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
To be clear: I think I have an idea or two I can sleep on and there's no reason to declare Ulka the winner by default yet
HEY NOW. I PUT IN A LOT OF.....

BWAHAHAHA

Yea no i don't put a lot of time into my designs just 10 minutes over lull at work.

But please dont assign me the winner, I am awful at designing planeswalkers.

Mergatroid_Jones

Teyo, Great Protector
Legendary Planeswalker- Teyo (M)
Compleated ( can be paid with either or 2 life. If life was paid, Evil Teyo enters the battlefield with 2 fewer loyalty counters.)
Absorb 1 (When a source would deal damage to this planeswalker, prevent 1 of that damage.)
{+1}: Name a nonland card. Until your next turn, the named card can't be played.
{-1}: Create a 1/3 Illusion creature with flying and defender.
{-5}: You get an emblem with "Creatures you control lose defender.
{4}

Teyo, Davriel's Thrall 3W
Legendary Creature- Teyo (R)
{+1}: Each opponent reveals the top card of their library. Then each player draws a card.
{+1}: Create a 0/1 white Illusion creature token with "when this creature dies, gain 3 life and look at that bottom card of target player's library."
{-2}: Look at the top 3 cards of target opponent's library. That player shuffles their library. You get an emblem with "As you get this emblem, name a nonland card. The named card can't be played."
{5}

IIW: Include the text "that creature can't" or "this land doesn't untap during your next untap step."

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Bolas, Pawn of Phyrexia
2[/]BB (Mana Value: 6)
Legendary Planeswalker - Bolas
Compleated
+2: Each player discards a card. You draw a card.
-5: You may cast target instant or sorcery card from a graveyard without paying its mana cost. If a spell cast this way would be put into a graveyard, exile it instead.
-12: Gain control of each permanent that is a creature or non-Bolas planeswalker.
<6>

IIW: Extinct animals
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”