NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

NinjaCaterpie
Pronoun: he / him

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Vizierdrix 3{U/B}
Creature - Rabbit Beast Advisor (U)
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice another creature. If you do, scry X, where X is that creature's power.
Judge and executioner.
4/4

IIW: Curses and/or the cursed

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Feydrix of Ruin 3UB
Creature - Rabbit Vampire
Flying
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Feydrix of Ruin this turn dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Feydrix of Ruin.
4/4

Iiw: cards that will make meg go visit other places on the site.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Juancu
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Vis-à-vis-edrix 4UU
Creature - Rabbit Beast
0: Choose target enchanting permanent and target equipping permanent. Each gains the other's abilities until end of turn. Activate this ability only once each turn. (Abilities that refer to an equipped/enchanted object actually work vis a vis any appropriate attached object. An "enchant" ability only applies vis a vis the attachment of aura permanents.)
6/6
Last edited by Juancu 2 years ago, edited 5 times in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Skizzerdrix 2R
Creature — Elemental Rabbit Beast (U)
Multikicker R
Haste, trample
When Skizzerdrix enters the battlefield, it gets +1/+0 until end of turn for each time it was kicked. At the beginning of the next end step, if it wasn't kicked exactly two times, sacrifice it.
4/3

IIW: Conspire, casualty, or other spell copying mechanics
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

@Mergatroid_Jones I think it's time
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
@Mergatroid_Jones I think it's time
I think the same.
Judgings
Show
Hide
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Manadrix 4U
Creature — Rabbit Dog
Prowess (Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, this creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
When Manadrix enters the battlefield, return up to X target instant or sorcery cards from your graveyard to your hand, where X is the number of colors of mana spent to cast Manadrix.
---
After seeing her mentor devoured by one of his own experiments, the wizard apprentice decided there were much better things to combine with rabbits than piranhas.
4/4

IIW: come visit the gloomy kingdom of the lich lord!
That's a heck of a Mnemonic Wall. Getting back up to five cards for one does seem a bit excessive, especially considering that those same cards you get back can fuel your graveyard and recur your Manadrix. It's not easy to get full value out of this, but full value is too much value!
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Visiondrix 3U
Creature - Rabbit Beast {R}
Each opponent reveals each card they draw except the first one they draw in each of their draw steps.
4/4

IIW: big cat
4/4 for 3U with an upside? What has the world come to? But the ability is mostly trinket text, since revealing draws only does so much. I suppose I'm just fine with ti.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Vizierdrix 3{U/B}
Creature - Rabbit Beast Advisor (U)
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice another creature. If you do, scry X, where X is that creature's power.
Judge and executioner.
4/4

IIW: Curses and/or the cursed
Hmm, that's kinda neat. It's a sacrifice engine for a sacrifice deck. Scrying X is a fairly conservative build, but I think it's right for uncommon.

Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Feydrix of Ruin 3UB
Creature - Rabbit Vampire
Flying
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Feydrix of Ruin this turn dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Feydrix of Ruin.
4/4

Iiw: cards that will make meg go visit other places on the site.
Sengir Vampire looks good in bunny ears.

Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Vis-à-vis-edrix 4UU
Creature - Rabbit Beast
0: Choose target enchanting permanent and target equipping permanent. Each gains the other's abilities until end of turn. Activate this ability only once each turn. (Abilities that refer to an equipped/enchanted object actually work vis a vis any appropriate attached object. An "enchant" ability only applies vis a vis the attachment of aura permanents.)
6/6
That reminder text is a bit confusing, and I would rather you just included some text about how "equipped" is switched to "enchanted" and vice versadrix.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Skizzerdrix 2R
Creature — Elemental Rabbit Beast (U)
Multikicker R
Haste, trample
When Skizzerdrix enters the battlefield, it gets +1/+0 until end of turn for each time it was kicked. At the beginning of the next end step, if it wasn't kicked exactly two times, sacrifice it.
4/3

IIW: Conspire, casualty, or other spell copying mechanics
Weird. Exactly two. Well the balance feels alright, and it for some reason it feels more drix-like than several of the others.
Winner and next
Show
Hide
Winner: Cythare
Next: Conspire, casualty, or other spell copying mechanics

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Chain of Evidence U
Instant
Casualty Storm (As an additional cost to cast this spell, you may sacrifice a creature. When you do, copy this spell a number of times equal to the number of spells cast this turn, or the power of the sacrificed creature, whichever is lower.)
Scry 1, then draw a card if this spell is not a copy.
"With enough bodies to search through, I'll be able to find what I need."

IIW: Compleated planeswalkers
Last edited by chetoos 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Frame for Murder
1{B}{B}
Instant (R)
Casualty 2
Destroy target creature or planeswalker.
Two birds with one stone.

Tick Bite
2{B}
Sorcery {U}
Casualty 1
Target opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
Cipher

Nocturnal Surveillance
3{U}{B}
Sorcery {R}
Casualty 0
Create a 1/1 blue and black Faerie Rogue creature token with flying.
Surveil 2.
Cipher

IIW: Ravnican Guild card with all three signature keywords/mechanics (other than Selesnya with two)
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 2 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Mergatroid_Jones

Awakening Pulse G
Instant (U)
Create a 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn creature token with "Sacrifice this creature: Add C."
Storm.

Edit: ^Probably broken at 1 and unplayable at 2.^

Titanstrorm 7G
Sorcery (U)
Create an 8/8 colorless Eldrazi creature token.
Storm

IIW: changeling
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 2 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

Megiddo
MEG

Squallpox 3BBB
Sorcery {M}
Target player loses 1 life, discards a card, sacrifices a nonland permanent, then sacrifices a land.
Storm

IIW: One of those super-janky narrow hate cards that always comes out two sets too late to matter or doesn't do anything, like Great Sable Stag, Frontline Medic, or Obstinate Baloth.
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Collector Drone 3
Artifact Creature- Construct(C)
Vigilance
Replicate 2 (When you cast this spell, copy it for each time you paid its replicate cost. A copy becomes a token.)
2/2

Replicated Myr 3
Artifact Creature- Myr (U)
Modular 1 (This creature enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it. When it dies, you may put its +1/+1 counters on target artifact creature.)
Replicate 1 (When you cast this spell, copy it for each time you paid its replicate cost. A copy becomes a token.)
0/1

Perimeter Colossus 6
Artifact Creature- Golem (R)
Reach
Replicate 1 (When you cast this spell, copy it for each time you paid its replicate cost. A copy becomes a token.)
5/4

Wine of the Ancient Cellar 1
Artifact- Food Treasure Clue (U)
Replicate 2 (When you cast this spell, copy it for each time you paid its replicate cost. A copy becomes a token.)
Wine of the Ancient Cellar enters the battlefield tapped if it's a token.
T, Sacrifice Wine of the Ancient Cellar: Gain 2 life, add one mana of any color, or draw a card.

IIW: A type of animal that hasn't been on a card.
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 2 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

Juancu

Twin Rumblehoofs 4G
Sorcery (C)
Create a 3/3 green Beast creature token with trample.
Wave (Then if you cast this spell from your hand, exile it. On your next turn, you may cast it from exile, and you may discard a card instead of paying its mana cost.)

Medium-to-low power common to showcase this rebound variation, in which you have to pay again. But it adds a choice that would depend a lot on the game state: pay 5 mana, discard a card, or just forgo the wave?

IIW: from the pages of the economicon

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

Rite of Ferocity 1G
Instant (U)
When you cast this spell, copy it for each attacking creature. You may choose new targets for the copies.
Target creature gets +1/+1 and gains trample and reach until end of turn.

IIW: a town in a volcano

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Sky-Dye Fireworks 1RR
Sorcery (U)
Sky-Dye Fireworks deals 3 damage to any target.
Bloom (When you cast this spell, copy it if you control seven or more lands. You may choose new targets for the copy.)
1RR, Exile Sky-Dye Fireworks from your graveyard: Add WUBRG. Spend this mana only to cast spells with bloom.

IIW: Virtues
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ulka

Spell Splitting UR
Enchantment (U)
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell that targets only a single creature, copy it. You may choose new targets for the copy.
3UR, Sacrifice Spell Splitting: Until the end of turn, if you cast an instant or sorcery spell that targets a single creature, copy that spell for each other creature you control that the spell could target. Each copy targets a different one of those creatures.

IIW: Arcane and Splicer are Back

Bonus:

Metamagic Alterations 1R
Instant
Cleave 2R
Target spell becomes a copy of another spell {chosen at Random} on the stack.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Awakening Pulse G
Instant (U)
Create a 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn creature token with "Sacrifice this creature: Add C."
Storm.
I actually think this is maybe okay at 1G. (There's also the option of using Scions (wait that's Chatterstorm).)
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Ok, let's get this going! It was a bit slow yesterday, but there were a good number of entries added today.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Chain of Evidence U
Instant
Casualty Storm (As an additional cost to cast this spell, you may sacrifice a creature. When you do, copy this spell a number of times equal to the number of spells cast this turn, or the power of the sacrificed creature, whichever is lower.)
Scry 1, then draw a card if this spell is not a copy.
"With enough bodies to search through, I'll be able to find what I need."

IIW: Compleated planeswalkers
Casualty storm is in a weird spot where it reads like it's about as problematic as storm, but requires you to run medium-to-large sized creatures and storm off if you want a good payoff. This specific spell is probably fine, although a lot of iterative scry 1s feels more annoying than just one big scry (although that wouldn't fit this challenge).
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Frame for Murder
1{B}{B}
Instant (R)
Casualty 2
Destroy target creature or planeswalker.
Two birds with one stone.

Tick Bite
2{B}
Sorcery {U}
Casualty 1
Target opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
Cipher

Nocturnal Surveillance
3{U}{B}
Sorcery {R}
Casualty 0
Create a 1/1 blue and black Faerie Rogue creature token with flying.
Surveil 2.
Cipher

IIW: Ravnican Guild card with all three signature keywords/mechanics (other than Selesnya with two)
Frame for Murder is a nice, clean casualty spell. Tick Bite having both casualty and cipher is a bit weird, but sure. I'm not sure it feels uncommon. Nocturnal Surveillance feels very fiddly, as it has a lot of small effects and doesn't feel super cohesive about it.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Awakening Pulse G
Instant (U)
Storm.

Titanstrorm 7G
Sorcery (U)
Create an 8/8 colorless Eldrazi creature token.
Storm

IIW: changeling
Titanstorm seems cool. I'm not sure how it compares to Dragonstorm, but it'll get the job done, and even just casting one ritual into it to make two 8/8s is probably going to feel pretty great.

I think Awakening Pulse might be fine at 1G or 2G with Eldrazi Scions. You're still investing in ramp if your payoff isn't ready!
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Squallpox 3BBB
Sorcery {M}
Target player loses 1 life, discards a card, sacrifices a nonland permanent, then sacrifices a land.
Storm

IIW: One of those super-janky narrow hate cards that always comes out two sets too late to matter or doesn't do anything, like Great Sable Stag, Frontline Medic, or Obstinate Baloth.
Classic throwback, and a very strong storm card.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Collector Drone 3
Artifact Creature- Construct(C)
Vigilance
2/2

Replicated Myr 3
Artifact Creature- Myr (U)
Modular 1 (This creature enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it. When it dies, you may put its +1/+1 counters on target artifact creature.)
0/1

Perimeter Colossus 6
Artifact Creature- Golem (R)
Reach
5/4

Wine of the Ancient Cellar 1
Artifact- Food Treasure Clue (U)
Wine of the Ancient Cellar enters the battlefield tapped if it's a token.
T, Sacrifice Wine of the Ancient Cellar: Gain 2 life, add one mana of any color, or draw a card.

IIW: A type of animal that hasn't been on a card.
I'm generally skeptical of this cheap of a replicate cost on creatures. The Drone is maybe fine, but the Myr and especially the Colossus seem to scale well beyond how they should. Wine of the Ancient Cellar is cool, and I like the etbt if token clause.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Twin Rumblehoofs 4G
Sorcery (C)
Create a 3/3 green Beast creature token with trample.
Wave (Then if you cast this spell from your hand, exile it. On your next turn, you may cast it from exile, and you may discard a card instead of paying its mana cost.)

Medium-to-low power common to showcase this rebound variation, in which you have to pay again. But it adds a choice that would depend a lot on the game state: pay 5 mana, discard a card, or just forgo the wave?

IIW: from the pages of the economicon
Did you know that not doing the wave is a violation of the Geneva Conventions? Stand up and participate in it when you go to your local sports stadium.

To the actual card, this is an interesting take on rebound. I like that you have to pay the mana cost or pay an alternate cost, and the alternate cost being discarding a card makes it play uniquely in a Limited game where you might be topdecking it while otherwise hellbent.
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Rite of Ferocity 1G
Instant (U)
When you cast this spell, copy it for each attacking creature. You may choose new targets for the copies.
Target creature gets +1/+1 and gains trample and reach until end of turn.

IIW: a town in a volcano
I thought this was undercosted, but this is essentially one mode of Cabaretti Charm, and I like that it counts up attacking creatures but is also useful on defense.
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Sky-Dye Fireworks 1RR
Sorcery (U)
Sky-Dye Fireworks deals 3 damage to any target.
Bloom (When you cast this spell, copy it if you control seven or more lands. You may choose new targets for the copy.)
1RR, Exile Sky-Dye Fireworks from your graveyard: Add WUBRG. Spend this mana only to cast spells with bloom.

IIW: Virtues
At first it felt weird to just give free bonuses for having more lands, but this is a cool effect for Limited, where you may not have much else to do with all your excess lands anyways, and it doesn't let you cheat on the bonus with artifact ramp or rituals. I'm a little skeptical about the mana ability hiding in your graveyard, so I'd maybe not allow you to activate it at weird times, but it's already restricted to spells with a specific set mechanic.
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Spell Splitting UR
Enchantment (U)
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell that targets only a single creature, copy it. You may choose new targets for the copy.
3UR, Sacrifice Spell Splitting: Until the end of turn, if you cast an instant or sorcery spell that targets a single creature, copy that spell for each other creature you control that the spell could target. Each copy targets a different one of those creatures.

IIW: Arcane and Splicer are Back

Bonus:

Metamagic Alterations 1R
Instant
Cleave 2R
Target spell becomes a copy of another spell {chosen at Random} on the stack.
Are Radiate effects uncommon now? I guess they could be. I appreciate that the activated ability only works for creatures you control, so you can't use it to just Lightning Bolt all your opponents' things.
HMs and Winner
Show
Hide
HMs: Sporegorger Dragon for a nice clean removal spell, Juancu for a rebound variant that has interesting options
Winner: void_nothing for Sky-Dye Fireworks
Next: Virtues
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Thanks for the win, if there are a reasonable number of entries I'll judge tomorrow. If not, then Wednesday.

Ulka

Virtue of Ruin 2WWW
Creature - Angel
Flash
When Virtue of Ruin enters the battlefield, if it was cast from hand, exile all attacking creature target player controls. That player may search their library for that many basic land cards, put those cards onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle.
In the celestial hierarch, Virtues are of the second Sphere between God and Man but if they are forced to act in the world only ruin can follow.
3/3

IIW: Religious Mythology in Cards

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Charity 2WW
Creature — Elemental Incarnation (M)
Flying
Whenever a player taps a land for mana, each other player creates two tapped Treasure tokens. This ability triggers only once each turn.
3/3

IIW: A 2-mana token maker
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Megiddo
MEG

Fortitudo, Bringer of Flames 3RWW
Legendary Creature - Angel {M}
Flying, haste
Fortitudo, Bringer of Flames enters the battlefield with a shield counter on it. (If it would be dealt damage or destroyed, remove a shield counter from it instead.)
Other creatures you control get +2/+0 and have indestructible as long as Fortitudo has a shield counter on it.
5/5

IIW: information and belief
MEG

Juancu

Patience 2WW
Creature - Incarnation
Please wait I'm still developing this card
2/

IIW: tbd

Ulka

Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Patience 2WW
Creature - Incarnation
Please wait I'm still developing this card
2/

IIW: tbd
I'm dying this is great!

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Okay, that's not that much (although a whole three of them are non-troll entries)

Judging is scheduled for tomorrow

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Overwhelming Piety 1WW
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Creature
Whenever Enchanted creature deals damage, Overwhelming Piety deals that much damage to enchanted creature's controller.
Enchanted Creature's activated abilities cost an additional "Pay 2 life" to activate unless they are mana abilities.
Overcome with emotion, the vampire couldn't bring himself to eat the human anymore. Ashamed, he rushed to the nearest Church of Sigarda to pay his respects.

IIW: Compleated Planeswalkers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”