Random Card of the Day: Eternal Witness

RabidVacin
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RabidVacin » 3 years ago

2/18/21 Pestilent Spirit

That card is bad and you should feel bad for playing it.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

looks brutal in a br casual burn deck.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

RabidVacin

2/19/21 Gideon Blackblade

RabidVacin

2/22/21 Fallen Angel

I'll never forget my first experience with Fallen Angel. About 25 years ago, I was a new player. I was playing against this cocky kid. I was losing badly. With a smirk on his face, he attacked with his Fallen Angel and sacked 11 creatures for the win. I'll never forget the look on his face when I responded with Reverse Damage.

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Man I love this card. It's been an all-star for me in the earlier days of casual 60 card decks and super budget edh decks. I really should be playing it in more decks
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

RabidVacin

2/23/21 Nest of Scarabs

I heard it goes well with Hapatra.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

on fallen angel. Add me to people who like the card. For some time, it was in my 7th edition only casual mono black deck. She's useful for teaching newer players that b can sacrifice creatures for a more powerful attack. Although had to later replace her with a Nightmare, because my playtest partner was complaining that the black deck is weak compared to the others.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

RabidVacin

2/24/21 Elder Druid

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Eesh. Basically unplayable at those costs. Was Twiddle in green's color pie even back then?

I do not like this design.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 3 years ago

giggle there was this and Fyndhorn Brownie making the case for green untapping, as well as a few land druids, but I think the elder's the only one who can tap artifacts.
Elvish Hunter can freeze creatures, though? It was really nebulous back then. Elder Druid is by far the worst of all these cards somehow :3

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

I'm not questioning green can untap creatures and lands because it can still do those things. Maybe it can occasionally tap artifacts too. But the rest is beyond the pale.

Arguably Fyndhorn Brownie is the worse card powerwise, somehow. There were some real stinkers in Ice Age block. Power creep is certainly a bad thing in all game design but you can say one thing for these days - the basement is not nearly as low as it used to be even if the ceiling is too high.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

there is Elder Druid from 7th ed. I guess he's rare because he can untap artifacts, creature, and land.

and yeah, the brownie is one of the worse.

RabidVacin

2/25/21 Blessed Reversal

I would go with Respite over this card.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

not really good, as it merely buys time, and not change things if you're losing. Although a few odd situations.. like in an earlier post where an opponent sacced 11 creatures for a fallen angel, that became an 11 for 1, and certainly changed the board state. lol

RabidVacin

2/26/21 Genju of the Spires

RabidVacin

3/01/21 Akoum Firebird

RabidVacin

3/02/21 Widespread Brutality

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 3 years ago

I feel like Widespread Brutality got forgotten far too quickly. Such a neat token sweeper on a 2/2 creature. Combos with Deadly Wanderings to kill every other creature and gain you a squillion life <3

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

I really like amass, and Widespread Brutality will always be welcome at my casual tables. The floor of being a Pyroclasm bear is never gonna be bad and the ceiling is astoundingly strong.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

while 4 cc feels a bit steep. I do see the benefits of "pyroclasm with a body". Unfortunately, don't have funds anymore to build an Amass casual deck. My money already used up building pioneer dinosaurs and elves.

RabidVacin

3/03/21 Dragonmaster Outcast

RabidVacin

3/04/21 Jace, Architect of Thought

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

RabidVacin wrote:
3 years ago
3/03/21 Dragonmaster Outcast
a card I'm thinking to add as a one-of in pioneer dinosaurs. Yeah, it's not a dino.. but adding just one won't hurt the deck. Ranging Raptors can gather up lands really fast.

RabidVacin

3/05/21 Ronom Unicorn

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

not a bad card, but feels like Warpriest of Thune is better.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Casual”