NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

NinjaCaterpie
Pronoun: he / him

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Anachronistic Homage 3U
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, scry 3. You may reveal the top card of your library. If it's historic, create a 1/5 blue Crab creature token with hexproof.
Whenever a Crab you control dies, draw a card.
"This is... definitely not how I remember the Ice Age." - Jaya Ballard

IIW: Make a card for your IIW.
Last edited by NinjaCaterpie 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Ink-Treader
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Ink-Treader » 2 years ago

Yeah, I messed up the copying and pasting of the reminder text. I thought I had fixed it, but I suppose not.

Carkoni Fiddler 1{U/R}{U/R}
Creature - Crab Bard (U)
{U/R}, T: Switch the power and toughness of up to X target creatures until end of turn, where X is the number of different mana values among permanents you control and spells you've cast this turn.
Carkoni shanties are infamously mercurial in quality.
2/4

IIW: Bards
Last edited by Ink-Treader 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Pinch U
Instant
Choose up to one target creature. If it's focused, tap it. (A creature is focused it it's in combat, or has an ability in the stack.)
Draw a card.

IIW: not this again!

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
I'm not excited about this rate. I was surprised to find out that black doesn't have a 6-mana 4/4 flier at common
I feel like a complete idiot it was supposed to be 4b, it was meant to be a common five-drop 4/4 flyer, but I had a brainfart and input the 5 and went "yep, 5 is correct." :rofl: :pensive:
This makes me feel better about giving you the win, because I like the card at the intended cost.

Crushtacean Exemplar 2GU
Creature — Crab Warrior (M)
Flash
Whenever Crushtacean Exemplar or another Crab enters the battlefield under your control, it fights up to one target creature you don't control.
Each Crab creature you control assigns combat damage equal to its power plus its toughness and fights using its power plus its toughness.
1/4

Crushtacean Commando 3GU
Creature — Crab Soldier (U)
Creatures with power less than Crushtacean Commando's power can't block it.
Crab creatures you control have Crab evolve. (Whenever a Crab enters the battlefield under your control, if that Crab has greater power or toughness than this creature, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)
4/1

IIW: A river of something
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Seafloor Scuttler U
Creature- Crab (U)
(If a creature has less than 0 power, it deals no combat damage. There is no negative damage.)
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on Seafloor Scuttler.
Innistradi scholars suspect there may be as few as a single species of crab on Innistrad with a very long and elaborate life-cycle.
-2/2

IIW: Nonblue cards in an underwater world

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

Ketaphos Pincher 1WU
Enchantment Creature — Crab (R)
Whenever Ketaphos Pincher attacks, tap up to one target creature. If Ketaphos Pincher is monstrous, instead tap up to two target creatures, and they don't untap during their controller's next untap step.
3WU: Monstrosity 3. (If this creature isn't monstrous, put three +1/+1 counters on it and it becomes monstrous.)
2/2

IIW: 2/2 for 2

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Okay, let's go!
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Carcinization Engineer 2GU
Creature - Merfolk Crab Wizard
Ward 1
Other Crabs you control get +1/+1 and have Ward 1
Whenever a +1/+1 counter is placed on another creature you control, you may pay X, where X is 5 minus the number of +1/+1 counters on that creature. If you do, that creature becomes a crab.
"Nature has decided that the Crab is the optimal animal, and I do not argue with perfection."
3/3

IIW: Wild speculation about Streets of New Capenna
cheetos bolting right out of the gate with the carcinization meme. The great part is that I could absolutely see this in an actual Ravnica set, a rare instance where meme and worldbuilding intersect perfectly.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Zodiac (Western) Crab 2U
Enchantment Creature - Crab {U}
Island menace (This creature can't be blocked except by two or more creatures as long as defending player controls an Island.)
2/4

IIW: augury, soothsaying, fortunes told
Is...this the giant enemy crab? But where's its weak point for massive damage?

It's certainly a large crab, though. The island menace is a little strange to me; are you implying that all the Western Zodiac critter have this instead of landwalk?
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Anachronistic Homage 3U
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, scry 3. You may reveal the top card of your library. If it's historic, create a 1/5 blue Crab creature token with hexproof.
Whenever a Crab you control dies, draw a card.
"This is... definitely not how I remember the Ice Age." - Jaya Ballard

Neither do I, Jaya.

This actually seems powerful, but I guess it's ok in rare? I'm not sure of the flavor here though; is there something I'm missing?
Ink-Treader wrote:
2 years ago
Yeah, I messed up the copying and pasting of the reminder text. I thought I had fixed it, but I suppose not.

Carkoni Fiddler 1{U/R}{U/R}
Creature - Crab Bard (U)
{U/R}, T: Switch the power and toughness of up to X target creatures until end of turn, where X is the number of different mana values among permanents you control and spells you've cast this turn.
Carkoni shanties are infamously mercurial in quality.
2/4

IIW: Bards
I love fiddler crabs, and I presume this guy is fiddler crab as well as an actual fiddler. Interesting ability, but might be hard to track the spell bit.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Pinch U
Instant
Choose up to one target creature. If it's focused, tap it. (A creature is focused it it's in combat, or has an ability in the stack.)
Draw a card.

IIW: not this again!
Hmm, I think the dangerous part is that this can read as , Draw a card. It might end up in some decks just for the thinning.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago

Crushtacean Exemplar 2GU
Creature — Crab Warrior (M)
Flash
Whenever Crushtacean Exemplar or another Crab enters the battlefield under your control, it fights up to one target creature you don't control.
Each Crab creature you control assigns combat damage equal to its power plus its toughness and fights using its power plus its toughness.
1/4

Crushtacean Commando 3GU
Creature — Crab Soldier (U)
Creatures with power less than Crushtacean Commando's power can't block it.
Crab creatures you control have Crab evolve. (Whenever a Crab enters the battlefield under your control, if that Crab has greater power or toughness than this creature, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)
4/1

IIW: A river of something
I see that pun. And wow, that last ability on Exemplar :o, pretty nice. I'm surprised we don't actually have a printed card with that yet. Might be shifted into though.

Commando is somewhat awkward aesthetically.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Seafloor Scuttler U
Creature- Crab (U)
(If a creature has less than 0 power, it deals no combat damage. There is no negative damage.)
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on Seafloor Scuttler.
Innistradi scholars suspect there may be as few as a single species of crab on Innistrad with a very long and elaborate life-cycle.
-2/2

IIW: Nonblue cards in an underwater world
Ok, this? The flavor text is what makes it. Bizarre biology is my passion.
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Ketaphos Pincher 1WU
Enchantment Creature — Crab (R)
Whenever Ketaphos Pincher attacks, tap up to one target creature. If Ketaphos Pincher is monstrous, instead tap up to two target creatures, and they don't untap during their controller's next untap step.
3WU: Monstrosity 3. (If this creature isn't monstrous, put three +1/+1 counters on it and it becomes monstrous.)
2/2

IIW: 2/2 for 2
Hah! Interesting use of the monstrous status here. Quite powerful, might wreck Limited even for a rare.

Well, now for our winners:

HM to cheetos for Carcinization Engineer
HM to Cythare for Crushtacean Exemplar
HM to Ink-Treader for Carkoni Fiddler

Winner: Mergatroid_Jones for crab conspiracy!

NEXT: Nonblue cards in an underwater world
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Bright-Eyes, Deep Angler 2GB
Legendary Creature - Fish Rogue
Each attacking creature you control must be blocked each combat if able.
Whenever a creature that blocked a creature you control this turn dies, create a food token and scry 1.
1/5

IIW: Wild speculation about Streets of New Capenna.

Juancu

Inkegoloth, Bubble of Evil 3BB
Legendary Creature - Bubble (M)
Whenever exactly 1 damage is dealt to Inkegoloth , sacrifice it
Whenever Inkegoloth deals damage to a creature or planeswalker, exile that permanent.
Inkegoloth has all activated abilities of cards exiled by it. You may spend mana as if it was any color to activate them.
5/7
Watch the point!
Show
Hide
bubble.jpg
iiw: not this again

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

i didn't hit enter on this one for the last challenge
Show
Hide
Steelshell Crab 1UU
Creature - Crab {U}
U: Choose one. This ability costs 4 more to activate for each time it's been activated this turn:
- Steelshell Crab gains indestructible until end of turn.
- Switch Steelshell Crab's power and toughness until end of turn.
1/4
Homarid Vanguard 1W
Creature - Homarid Soldier {C}
Tidal
Vigilance
2/2

The Tides
(The Tides come in the first time a permanent with Tidal enters the battlefield. Put a tide counter on The Tides at the beginning of each player's upkeep. Whenever there are three or more tide counters on The Tides, remove all of them.)
0: Creatures with Tidal get -1/-1.
2: Creatures with Tidal get +1/+1.

IIW: gimme some big ol dragons
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Hydrothermal Riftwurm
4rr
Creature - Wurm (U)
Trample
When Hydrothermal Riftwurm enters the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to target creature or planeswalker.
5/4
They bathe in the geothermically-heated water rising from hydrothermal vents.

Scalding Jet
2r
Instant (U)
Damage dealt by Scalding Jet to a blue creature or planeswalker can't be prevented.
Scalding Jet deals 3 damage to any target.

IIW: Mundane non-magical creatures

Mergatroid_Jones

Judging in about 8 hours. More entries!

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Larian, Body Builder 1RW
Legendary Creature - Lobster Warrior
You may Exert Larian as it attacks. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Training, Mentor
3/3

Genire, Penny Pincher 2B
Legendary Creature - Crab Advisor
Whenever a creature attacks you or a planeswalker you control, create a treasure token unless that creature's controller pays .
Sacrifice 2 treasures: Create a food token. Any Opponent may have you create a treasure token. If they do, they gain control of that food.
Sacrifice 5 treasures and/or foods: Gain control of target creature. Activate this ability only as a sorcery.
2/4
character bases
Show
Hide
Look, if you don't recognize spongebob characters, I can't help you.
IIW: Wild Speculation about Streets of New Capenna
Last edited by chetoos 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

Brinepool Lurker WWW
Creature — Merfolk Zombie (MR)
First strike
Whenever Brinepool Lurker deals combat damage to an opponent, you may cast target creature card with mana value X or less from a graveyard, where X is the damage dealt to an opponent this way. It enters the battlefield as a white Zombie in addition to its other colours and types. (You still pay its costs.)
2/2

Zombies in this world are associated with white and with deep ocean brine pools. Vision design put Mass Calcify into this set.

IIW: judge chooses the IIW they like best

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

ooo off blue sea creature!?!? GUESS WHAT IM DESIGNING!!!!

Trench Lurker 2BB
Creature - Cephalid Horror (U)
Prowl 1B (You may cast this for its prowl cost if you dealt combat damage to a player this turn with a Cephalid or Horror.)
Skulk
Whenever Trenmch Lurker deals combat damage to an opponent, that player discards a card at random.
2/3

IIW: Prowl for Non-Rogues
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
I've made so many underwater worlds for CCaB that I decided I wanted a different spin - alien technology/R'lyeh but nicer
Cyclopean Trench 2BB
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a creature you control dies, put a sludge counter on target land without a sludge counter on it an opponent controls. For as long as that land has a sludge counter on it, it's a Swamp and has "Whenever this land becomes tapped, it deals 1 damage to you."
When Cyclopean Trench leaves the battlefield or your opponents control no lands without sludge counters on them, remove all sludge counters from all lands.
Most dark tritons choose to have their remains changed into pure terrabrine after they die.

Breathless Mechdiver 3W
Artifact Creature - Human Mutant (R)
When Breathless Mechdiver enters the battlefield, reveal the top four cards of your library. You may put an artifact card with mana value 2 or less revealed this way onto the battlefield. Put the rest into your graveyard.
Whenever an artifact card is returned to a player's hand (from anywhere), put a +1/+1 counter on Breathless Mechdiver.
1W, Q: Return target artifact card from your graveyard to your hand.
"'Sunken' has never meant 'lost' as far as we are concerned."
2/2

IIW: Death counters
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Mergatroid_Jones

chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Bright-Eyes, Deep Angler 2GB
Legendary Creature - Fish Rogue
Each attacking creature you control must be blocked each combat if able.
Whenever a creature that blocked a creature you control this turn dies, create a food token and scry 1.
1/5

IIW: Wild speculation about Streets of New Capenna.
I'm not crazy about the wording, but I'm quite on board with the flavor and the ability. Food is a great mechanic for our underwater world.

Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Inkegoloth, Bubble of Evil 3BB
Legendary Creature - Bubble (M)
Whenever exactly 1 damage is dealt to Inkegoloth , sacrifice it
Whenever Inkegoloth deals damage to a creature or planeswalker, exile that permanent.
Inkegoloth has all activated abilities of cards exiled by it. You may spend mana as if it was any color to activate them.
5/7
Watch the point!
Show
Hide
bubble.jpg
iiw: not this again
Interesting rules quirks as ever. I like the whole card, and I'm not against a bubble-monster as a villain for the set. But a giant evil bubble seems silly: like something that might be in some goofy cartoon with sponge people.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
i didn't hit enter on this one for the last challenge
Show
Hide
Steelshell Crab 1UU
Creature - Crab {U}
U: Choose one. This ability costs 4 more to activate for each time it's been activated this turn:
- Steelshell Crab gains indestructible until end of turn.
- Switch Steelshell Crab's power and toughness until end of turn.
1/4
Homarid Vanguard 1W
Creature - Homarid Soldier {C}
Tidal
Vigilance
2/2

The Tides
(The Tides come in the first time a permanent with Tidal enters the battlefield. Put a tide counter on The Tides at the beginning of each player's upkeep. Whenever there are three or more tide counters on The Tides, remove all of them.)
0: Creatures with Tidal get -1/-1.
2: Creatures with Tidal get +1/+1.

IIW: gimme some big ol dragons
Giving homarids the old Day/Night treatment does fit the MO for Wizards of late. I'd be happy to add this mechanic to our little underwater set, but I'd want to see a bit more out of it than this to justify it.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Hydrothermal Riftwurm
4rr
Creature - Wurm (U)
Trample
When Hydrothermal Riftwurm enters the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to target creature or planeswalker.
5/4
They bathe in the geothermically-heated water rising from hydrothermal vents.

Scalding Jet
2r
Instant (U)
Damage dealt by Scalding Jet to a blue creature or planeswalker can't be prevented.
Scalding Jet deals 3 damage to any target.

IIW: Mundane non-magical creatures
These are both very unassuming uncommons, and frankly they could both stand to be somewhat buffed, not that it's necessary.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Larian, Body Builder 1RW
Legendary Creature - Lobster Warrior
You may Exert Larian as it attacks. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Training, Mentor
3/3

Genire, Penny Pincher 2B
Legendary Creature - Crab Advisor
Whenever a creature attacks you or a planeswalker you control, create a treasure token unless that creature's controller pays .
Sacrifice 2 treasures: Create a food token. Any Opponent may have you create a treasure token. If they do, they gain control of that food.
Sacrifice 5 treasures and/or foods: Gain control of target creature. Activate this ability only as a sorcery.
2/4
character bases
Show
Hide
Look, if you don't recognize spongebob characters, I can't help you.
IIW: Wild Speculation about Streets of New Capenna
A body building lobster and a money-grubbing crab? Next you'll be telling me there's a cat that hates mondays. I really don't like the middle ability on Genire. I'm sacrificing 2 treasures to give the opponent a food and create a treasure? Yer spendin' all me money!!
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Brinepool Lurker WWW
Creature — Merfolk Zombie (MR)
First strike
Whenever Brinepool Lurker deals combat damage to an opponent, you may cast target creature card with mana value X or less from a graveyard, where X is the damage dealt to an opponent this way. It enters the battlefield as a white Zombie in addition to its other colours and types. (You still pay its costs.)
2/2

Zombies in this world are associated with white and with deep ocean brine pools. Vision design put Mass Calcify into this set.

IIW: judge chooses the IIW they like best
I like what you're doing for the set. You're adding a whole theme in white that I can see working. The WWW probably not necessary, and I think 1WW would be enough.
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
ooo off blue sea creature!?!? GUESS WHAT IM DESIGNING!!!!

Trench Lurker 2BB
Creature - Cephalid Horror (U)
Prowl 1B (You may cast this for its prowl cost if you dealt combat damage to a player this turn with a Cephalid or Horror.)
Skulk
Whenever Trenmch Lurker deals combat damage to an opponent, that player discards a card at random.
2/3

IIW: Prowl for Non-Rogues
Prowl is a pop-jolly thing to add to our set, and I'm happy to use it in the way you've done. Skulk also fits subtly into the network of thing to do. Its a somewhat dorky Hypnotic Specter, which promises to be sweet limited fodder.
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I've made so many underwater worlds for CCaB that I decided I wanted a different spin - alien technology/R'lyeh but nicer
Cyclopean Trench 2BB
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a creature you control dies, put a sludge counter on target land without a sludge counter on it an opponent controls. For as long as that land has a sludge counter on it, it's a Swamp and has "Whenever this land becomes tapped, it deals 1 damage to you."
When Cyclopean Trench leaves the battlefield or your opponents control no lands without sludge counters on them, remove all sludge counters from all lands.
Most dark tritons choose to have their remains changed into pure terrabrine after they die.

Breathless Mechdiver 3W
Artifact Creature - Human Mutant (R)
When Breathless Mechdiver enters the battlefield, reveal the top four cards of your library. You may put an artifact card with mana value 2 or less revealed this way onto the battlefield. Put the rest into your graveyard.
Whenever an artifact card is returned to a player's hand (from anywhere), put a +1/+1 counter on Breathless Mechdiver.
1W, Q: Return target artifact card from your graveyard to your hand.
"'Sunken' has never meant 'lost' as far as we are concerned."
2/2

IIW: Death counters
Cyclopean Trench is a mean card, and only exists to lock people down. I'm not sure I really want it around. Rather than dying if they all get mucked, I'd rather the muck be removable for 2. The Mechdiver on the other hand is delightful for our littler set.

Winner and next
Show
Hide
HMs: Spacemonaut and Ulka
Winner: Chetoos

Next: Wild speculation about Streets of New Capenna

Juancu

Getaway Car 2WW
Artifact - Vehicle (U)
Attacking creatures you control have first strike.
Whenever Getaway Car becomes a creature, remove from combat up to 3 target creatures you control.
Crew 1
2/3

Grand Theft Auroch 3G
Artifact - Vehicle (R)
Any player may crew Grand Theft Auroch. If Grand Theft Auroch would become a creature this way, instead that player creates a tapped 2/3 green Auroch creature token. Then, if a player controls four or more Aurochs, sacrifice Grand Theft Auroch.
Crew 4

Sporegorger_Dragon

I haven't the slightest idea of what I'm doing.

Garcazzio, Botanist of Tragedies
3bgu
Legendary Creature - Elder Demon (M)
If a creature dying causes a triggered ability of a permanent you control to trigger, that ability triggers an additional time.
, Exile an instant or sorcery card from your graveyard: Create a green 0/1 green Plant creature token with "When this creature dies, copy the exiled card. You may cast the copy without paying its mana cost."
4/7
The gardens of La Famiglia Garcazzio yield the most potent compounds; everything from ecstasy and euphoria to dreamless sleep and sudden death.

Garcazzio theme: Death triggers

Konvali, Politician of Privilege
3urw
Flying, trample, protection from enchantments
Diplomatic Immunity -Konvali, Politician of Privilege is not affected by effects of non-Aura enchantments that don't target it.
7/5
Everyone knows that La Famiglia Konvali are untouchable; they have done everything to insure that they are truly above the law.

Konvali theme: Detrimental Enchantments and breaking their symmetry

Dirgencia, Death's Medicine
3wbg
Deathtouch, lifelink
When Dirgencia, Death's Medicine enters the battlefield, each other player loses 4 life and you gain that much life.
2wbbg, Pay 13 life: Return Dirgencia from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
6/6
La Famiglia Dirgencia are the most skilled of doctors that practice the most advanced of medicine, but only for the wealthy. They harvest health from the poor and sell it to the rich.

Dirgencia theme: Lifegain

IIW: Puns
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 2 years ago, edited 9 times in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Gumshoe 3000 1W
Artifact Creature — Construct Advisor (R)
Vigilance
Whenever a permanent an opponent controls commits a crime, investigate. This ability only triggers once each turn. (Crewing vehicles, attacking players, and dealing lethal damage to other permanents are crimes.)
2/2

IIW: A construct replacement
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Juancu

Myglol Cultist 2B
Creature - Human Cultist (C)
Profane Strike (You may have this creature deal damage as if it had double strike. If you do, its first strike also damages you.)
2/2

Veirhilda, Song of Spring 1GG
Legendary Creature - Human Avatar (M)
Leitmotif 1G - Create a 1/1 green Plant creature token. (You may play a creature's leitmotif as an Instant - Music, as it enters, attacks, or dies.)
2/3

Ogre Contralto 1R
Creature - Ogre Warrior (U)
Ogre Contralto has +1/+1 and Trample if it's Act 3.
Narrative (Any player may pay 2 as a sorcery to advance the game to Act 2, or if it's Act 2, pay 3 to advance to Act 3. A player that advances the game draws a card if they control a permanent with narrative.)
2/1

Flavor: Operas in New Capenna have ritualistic undertones. Actors are part singers, part shamans, part gladiators. As they reenact history, they channel the spirits of the past, for a performance that truly energizes the audience. The "Narrative" protects the players, but in occasion, a function ends in tragedy if a player takes on a role beyond their means. Still, they are revered in success or failure, for the Narrative keeps the spirits sated and trapped in history. Angels and demons are happy to keep dormant the old rivals of the past.

iiw: not this again!
Last edited by Juancu 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Mergatroid_Jones

So Kaera, the Monopolist 2UG
Legendary Creature- Demon Advisor (R)
Flash, Ward 3
Contract-- Don't cast any spells other than artifact and creature spells.
As long as you haven't broken So Kaera's contract, artifact and creature spells you cast cost 1 less to cast, and when an opponent casts an artifact or creature spell, counter that spell unless its controller pays 1.
"Kaera Company Purchases Nine Major Districts. Does So Kaera Own Your Home?" - Nyra Nyles, New Capenna Gazette
3/3

Gazahal District
Land- Swamp (R)
Gazahal District enters the battlefield tapped unless you pay .
(: Add .)
, Pay 1 life: Add or .
"Poison Smog from Alchemical Dumpage Transforms Gazahal Grandmother Into Vicious Ooze-- Currently at Large" - Nyra Nyles, New Capenna Gazette
more cards you don't have to judge
Show
Hide
Corrupt Enforcer 2W
Creature- Human Soldier (C)
Vigilance
Contract-- Don't attack with two or more creatures.
As long as you haven't broken Corrupt Enforcer's contract, when it deals combat damage to a player, you may search your library for a Plains, reveal it, put it into your hand, and shuffle your library.
"I'm afraid this deed's no good. It's not stamped. You don't own anything unless the deed's stamped. Now I happen to have a stamp, but I'm really not supposed to use it..."
2/2

Nyra Nyles, Daring Reporter
Legendary Creature- Human Scout (R)
When an opponent casts a spell, investigate if that player has already cast a spell this turn.
When an opponent draws one or more cards, investigate if that player has already drawn a card this turn.
Sacrifice 3 clues: Draw a card. Then tap up to three target artifacts, creatures, and/or planeswalkers. They don't untap during their controllers' next untap steps and can't activate loyalty abilities while tapped in this way.
2/2

Neighborhood Watch
Creature- Human Citizen (C)
Contract-- Don't control any other creatures with power 3 or greater.
As long as you haven't broken Neighborhood Watch's contract, it gets +1/+1.
Until the enforcers arrive, you've got us.
1/2

Purchase the Soul
Instant (C)
As an additional cost to cast Purchase the Soul, sacrifice a creature.
Create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token.
Draw a card.
"We're always in the market to buy."

Audacious Bribe
Sorcery (C)
Gain control of target creature with mana value X or less until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn.
"Sorry madame enforcer. I was distracted by this heavy bag of silver."

Sensationalism
Enchantment (M)
You may pay an additional as you cast a spell. If you do, copy that spell twice. (A copy of a permanent spell becomes a token)
"Untold Devastation! Inept Technocrat Destroyed by Own Hubris as Apocalyptic Inventions Rampage the Streets!" -Nyra Nyles, New Capenna Gazette
IIW: Replace a card in a standard legal set with another card in the same slot. (Same or similar mana value, rarity, colors, card type, and role in draft)
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Cover Up 2BB
Instant (U)
Destroy target creature or planeswalker.
Cover Up costs 2 less to cast if an opponent controls a Clue.

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

Don Nixilis 2BB
Legendary Planeswalker - Nixilis {M}
Whenever an opponent draws their first card each turn, that player loses 1 life.
[+2]: Each player sacrifices a creature. Each player who sacrificed a creature this way draws a card.
[-2]: Target player sacrifices a creature. If they can't, you draw a card.
[-6]: You get an emblem with "Whenever an opponent draws their first card each turn, that player loses 1 life."
{3}

I gave up halfway through. may revisit.

IIW: Wild speculation about The Brothers' War
MEG

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 2 years ago

Sandrock Borough
Land - Swamp Mountain Forest
(: Add B, R, or G.)
Sandrock Borough enters the battlefield tapped.
Cycling 3
Sandrock was built on a sunscorched mountain range, broken apart by the occasional marsh in the lowlands and the sparse treeline of the highlands.

Sale of Contraband 3UU
Enchantment
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, draw a card.
2U: Tap target creature you don't control. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step. Create a tapped Treasure token.

IIW: ally-color partners (regular partner, not partner with)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”