Legend
Aethernaut
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Legend » 2 years ago

Eldrazi Reckoner (Rare)
{10}
Creature - Eldrazi
10/10
When you cast Eldrazi Reckoner, each opponent's life total becomes 10.

IIW: outside of game
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

Unlimited Power 2RRGG
Legendary Enchantment {M}
Whenever a creature you control with power 10 or greater attacks alone, its power becomes infinite until end of turn.

IIW: auras and / or equipment
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

The Hell's Rock Horror
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, create a 10/10 red Horror creature token with "At the beginning of each opponent's end step, sacrifice this creature".
"Tic tok, tic tok
the road goes by Hell's Rock
If you're late, I don't care
We will simply leave you there." -Estwald Children's Rhyme

more
Show
Hide
Scuttling Hyperbomb
Artifact Creature- Construct (U)
The power to level the city in a body the size of an orange.
11/1

Creature- Fractal Avatar (M)
When Avatar of Ten enters the battlefield, if ten mana was spent to cast it, each player mills nine. Then exile up to eight cards from graveyards and target player shuffles up to seven cards from their graveyard into their library. Then gain up to six life and create a 5/4 colorless Fractal creature token. Then each opponent loses three life unless they discard two cards. This ability can only resolve one time per game.
10/10
IIW: One word card names.
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 2 years ago, edited 7 times in total.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Heroic Circumstances W
Instant
If an opponent has exactly 10 life, target attacking 1/1 creature has base power and toughness 10/10 until end of turn.
"In the right situation even you could be the next Gideon." - Boros Recruitment Poster

IIW: Cards from Fate Reforged Reforged - This time as we revisit Tarkir Dragons are fighting the Khans but Enemy colored dragons have taken power instead.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Megiddo
MEG

The Megahydra XG
Legendary Creature - Hydra {M}
You can't spend less than 10 mana to cast The Megahydra.
The Megahydra enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each mana spent to cast it.
When The Megahydra enters the battlefield, double the number of +1/+1 counters on it. Repeat this process for each previous time you've cast it from the command zone this game.
0/0

IIW: something from another game.
MEG

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Another Zendikar creature that has inverse power with how you're doing I guess BG
Creature - Bad Thing
This creature gets -X/-X, where X is your life total.
When this creature leaves the battlefield, each player loses 2 life.
Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, if this creature is in your graveyard, you may return it from your graveyard to your hand.
15/15

IIW: Wild speculation about Streets of New Capenna.
Last edited by chetoos 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

People always saying they want errata for the Nephilim to be legendary, why not just upgrade them? Like the original five can be considered like the Eldrazi brood-lineages (hence why so small power/toughness-wise), while there are five progenitor Nephilim that spawned these lesser spawn.

Warai, the Witch-Maw
wubg
Legendary Creature - Elder Nephilim (M)
Whenever you cast a spell, you may put two +1/+1 counters on Warai, the Witch-Maw.
Whenever Warai attacks, it gains trample until end of turn if its power is 10 or greater.
When Warai dies, you gain life equal to its power.
1/4

IIW: Crabs
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Mizzium Spellglutton 2UR
Creature — Weird (R)
Mizzium Spellglutton can't attack or block unless its power is 4 or less.
Whenever an opponent casts a spell, if Mizzium Spellglutton is on the battlefield, counter that spell and put X -1/-1 counters on it, where X is the mana value of that spell.
2: Mizzium Spellglutton phases out. Any player may activate this ability. You may pay {U/R} to end this effect.
12/12

IIW: Soulbond or other similar effects
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Darram, Goblin Siegebreaker 1RR
Legendary Artifact - Vehicle (R)
Trample
Whenever you activate Darram's crew ability, switch its power and toughness until end of turn.
Crew 3
10/3

"It does, one way or the other."

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Hand of Earth's Foundations 5RGW
Creature - Elemental Barbarian (M)
Menace, vigilance
When Hand of Earth's Foundations dies, put a succession counter on target creature you control and its base power becomes 10. It gains menace, vigilance, and this ability.
There must always be a champion.
10/8

IIW: Goblin mania
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Horde of Undead 1BB
Creature - Zombie
When Horde of the Undead enters the battlefield, you may exile exile any other Zombie creatures you control.
Whenever another Zombie creature enters the battlefield, exile it.
Horde of the Undead's power and toughness are equal to the total power and toughness of the creature cards exiled by Horde of the Undead. If Horde of the Undead's power is 10 or greater, it gains menace. If Horde of the Undead's power is 20 or greater it gains Infect and Trample.
When Horde of the Undead leaves the battlefield, put all cards exiled by Horde of the Undead into their owners graveyard.
*/*

IIW: this better not win
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

Judging in the morning, in 12ish hours! (I have stuff I gotta do tonight)

Megiddo
MEG

Watcher of Hours 2UU
Artifact Creature - Owl Construct {R}
Flying
Watcher of Hours enters the battlefield with 11 -1/-1 counters on it.
At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a -1/-1 counter from Watcher of Hours. If you can't, you lose the game.
12/12

IIW: 0 or 1 Mana cost artifacts.
MEG

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 2 years ago

Numerical Superiority R
Enchantment (U)
Attacking creatures you control have trample if their total power is greater than the total power of the defending player's creatures, menace if their total power is 5 or greater than those creatures, and first strike if their total power is 10 or greater than those creatures.
3R: Create a 1/1 red Goblin Soldier creature token with haste.

IIW: "half or less of your/their starting life total"

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Negativize 1BB
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has -13/-0 and has anti-lifelink (it fights and assigns combat damage as if its power was positive. All damage that creature would deal is redirected to its controller.)

Megiddo
MEG

Ogre Pacifist 2R
Creature — Ogre {R}
Menace
If Ogre Pacifist would deal damage to a permanent or player, prevent all but 1 of that damage.
10/4

IIW: Complete a cycle. Or add another member to a cycle ("cycle" can be loosely defined)
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Glass Power Armor WU
Artifact — Equipment (U)
Equipped creature has base power 10, loses flying and has "Whenever this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it."
Equip 2
5: Attach Glass Power Armor to target creature not equipped by Glass Power Armor. Activate only as a sorcery.

IIW: Scavenged equipment
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Megiddo
MEG

Archon of Awe 4WWBB
Creature - Archon {M}
Flying
Other creatures have base power and toughness 10/10.
5/5

IIW: Five Color Cards
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Form of the Tarrasque 4GGG
Enchantment (R)
When Form of the Tarrasque enters the battlefield, your life total becomes 10.
At the beginning of your upkeep, Form of the Tarrasque deals 10 damage to target creature and that creature deals damage equal to its power to you.
You have ward and absorb 3.

IIW: A three-color enchantment
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Whoops the last 24 hours have been a lot. Time for judging!

Megiddo
MEG

Mega Growth G
Instant {U}
Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn. Then, if that creature's power is 10 or greater, it gains trample until end of turn.

IIW: idontthinkso
MEG

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

ya girl has a few things that bring her great joy in magic, and one of them is this:
big monster.jpg
playing creatures with single digit power is for cowards who enjoy things like "combos" and "strategy" and "having blockers before they lose to several rounds of unblocked combat damage".

(second entries are being skipped if I notice them because I already took long enough to judge and it's late)
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
I was originally going to make a killer bonsai because that was hilarious, before making the card you see today.

Titansize 3G
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Titansize costs 3 less to cast if it targets a creature with power 10 or greater.
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has base power and toughness 6/6.
Whenever enchanted creature attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on it.

IIW: Make a card for your own IIW.
This is a daring move. I have to give up the Big(tm) in favour of even more Big(tm) than I previously had later down the line!

Naturally this is very neat casting on smaller creatures, and the discount is in exchange for that trade. Good aura.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Jukai Awakening 1GW
Enchantment - Aura
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each enchantment you control.
At the beginning of combat on your turn, if enchanted creature's power is 5 or greater, seek an enchantment card (Or reveal until you reveal an enchantment, put the rest on the bottom if you want this to work in paper.). Then, if enchanted creature's power is 10 or greater, enchanted creature gains trample, and lifelink until end of turn. Then, all non-creature non-aura enchantments you control become 4/4 creatures until end of turn and all creatures you control gain flying and vigilance until end of turn if enchanted creature's power is 20 or more.

That pattern looks a little familiar! But it's a good pattern. And you definitely win at 20 power if you haven't already.

This is also a good aura, and a neat way to approach enchantments matter. Shoutout to Uril, the Miststalker and similar.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Rite of the Spring Hunt 2RG
Enchantment (U)
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you may pay 2. When you do, target land you control becomes a 3/3 red and green Elemental creature with haste. It's still a land.
Megaformidable — Whenever you attack, if creatures you control have total power 10 or greater, you may put a creature card with power 4 or less from your hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.

IIW: Exert, or exert variants
Formidable wasn't formidable enough, so we went formidable-er. This is the first entry that didn't use the phrase "power 10 or greater" exactly. (Which is, y'know, just fine like I said.)

One option is to make this animate a land for free, but this way you're paying to help switch on megaformidable, which I think is a good choice. (If you're okay not attacking with that land, you can also pay of that cost with the very same land you're going to animate, and it'll still count.)

The megaformidable payoff is noice. There's a paradox in ferocious and formidable that it was kind of difficult to turn on and weirdly caused the green-red centered faction to have power 4+ withheld more than usual, but this turns it around a bit: once you reach a point where you'll probably win, this card means you will very win.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Potential Potamous 3G
Artifact Creature - Equipment Hippo
T: Draw a card. Activate this ability only if you have 10 or more latent power (power/toughness boxes on noncreature permanents you control add to your latency.)
Reconfigure U
3/4

IIW: not this again
This is an interesting mechanic, but the card should not be mono green itself since the ability is not. Potential Potamouses are blue too!

I would note that a staple of vehicle design is to have high latent power on cheap but hard-to-crew permanents: Colossal Plow is a recent example, as is the embarassingly racist Consulate Dreadnought. Drawing every turn keyed off latent power should take that into account.

I would also make this activate only as a sorcery, since you're guaranteed to have all your vehicles inactive at some point in the turn cycle, and tapping an equipment is basically free.
Legend wrote:
2 years ago
Eldrazi Reckoner (Rare)
{10}
Creature - Eldrazi
10/10
When you cast Eldrazi Reckoner, each opponent's life total becomes 10.

IIW: outside of game
Gorgeous. This is a stellar Eldrazi design. I liked Desolation Twin and I like this a lot.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Unlimited Power 2RRGG
Legendary Enchantment {M}
Whenever a creature you control with power 10 or greater attacks alone, its power becomes infinite until end of turn.

IIW: auras and / or equipment
Yes, I think that's called for. Good job.

This honestly made me laugh and it's nice to see infinite power again.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
The Hell's Rock Horror
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, create a 10/10 red Horror creature token with "At the beginning of each opponent's end step, sacrifice this creature".
"Tic tok, tic tok
the road goes by Hell's Rock
If you're late, I don't care
We will simply leave you there." -Estwald Children's Rhyme

more
Show
Hide
Scuttling Hyperbomb
Artifact Creature- Construct (U)
The power to level the city in a body the size of an orange.
11/1

Creature- Fractal Avatar (M)
When Avatar of Ten enters the battlefield, if ten mana was spent to cast it, each player mills nine. Then exile up to eight cards from graveyards and target player shuffles up to seven cards from their graveyard into their library. Then gain up to six life and create a 5/4 colorless Fractal creature token. Then each opponent loses three life unless they discard two cards. This ability can only resolve one time per game.
10/10
IIW: One word card names.
Combos well with Warstorm Surge, yes please. This is pretty interesting: it will hit hard and it'll take at least one thing out per turn, possibly being your opponent. This challenge MIGHT have forced this to be a bit TOO big, but the maxim of go big or go home says it's fine, right?

(I also really like Scuttling Hyperbomb and I appreciate what you were doing with Avatar of Ten.)
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Heroic Circumstances W
Instant
If an opponent has exactly 10 life, target attacking 1/1 creature has base power and toughness 10/10 until end of turn.
"In the right situation even you could be the next Gideon." - Boros Recruitment Poster

IIW: Cards from Fate Reforged Reforged - This time as we revisit Tarkir Dragons are fighting the Khans but Enemy colored dragons have taken power instead.
I think this needs a "whenever one or more creatures you control attack", but this is a pretty special design. I like this and I want to see it win a game.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
The Megahydra XG
Legendary Creature - Hydra {M}
You can't spend less than 10 mana to cast The Megahydra.
The Megahydra enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each mana spent to cast it.
When The Megahydra enters the battlefield, double the number of +1/+1 counters on it. Repeat this process for each previous time you've cast it from the command zone this game.
0/0

IIW: something from another game.
{thor YEEESSSS.gif}

This is a big boy. A mega chonker. A completely fearsome presence in the command zone. People will save a kill spell to deal with this guy, but little do they know, I get to do it again, and I appreciate how it interacts with the commander tax.

Good work.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Another Zendikar creature that has inverse power with how you're doing I guess BG
Creature - Bad Thing
This creature gets -X/-X, where X is your life total.
When this creature leaves the battlefield, each player loses 2 life.
Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, if this creature is in your graveyard, you may return it from your graveyard to your hand.
15/15

These are nice things! Death's Shadow|WWK is a timeless favourite for a reason, and you've given it an update. It might need to cost a little more but it's good and you did good.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
People always saying they want errata for the Nephilim to be legendary, why not just upgrade them? Like the original five can be considered like the Eldrazi brood-lineages (hence why so small power/toughness-wise), while there are five progenitor Nephilim that spawned these lesser spawn.

Warai, the Witch-Maw
wubg
Legendary Creature - Elder Nephilim (M)
Whenever you cast a spell, you may put two +1/+1 counters on Warai, the Witch-Maw.
Whenever Warai attacks, it gains trample until end of turn if its power is 10 or greater.
When Warai dies, you gain life equal to its power.
1/4

IIW: Crabs
Fair narrative take on the Nephilim. The last ability is a definite and good upgrade (and very in-color). I think this is a little too close to the original Witch-Maw Nephilim design to win a design chops competition, but it's still neat to see.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Mizzium Spellglutton 2UR
Creature — Weird (R)
Mizzium Spellglutton can't attack or block unless its power is 4 or less.
Whenever an opponent casts a spell, if Mizzium Spellglutton is on the battlefield, counter that spell and put X -1/-1 counters on it, where X is the mana value of that spell.
2: Mizzium Spellglutton phases out. Any player may activate this ability. You may pay {U/R} to end this effect.
12/12

IIW: Soulbond or other similar effects
Another big that dares to be smol. It definitely counts!

This has some pretty interesting interactions: it'll counter spells until it's eaten enough, and then as its owner you can try to negotiate when you want it to be around or not. I appreciate that if it's phased out, it doesn't eat the spells.

Thinking about it, the right move to play around it as an opponent (who can't outright kill it) is to phase it out, then when you have priority again, cast your spell while it's not around for its ability to get triggered.

If anything it might have a little too much game-stalling power but it's a compelling design.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Darram, Goblin Siegebreaker 1RR
Legendary Artifact - Vehicle (R)
Trample
Whenever you activate Darram's crew ability, switch its power and toughness until end of turn.
Crew 3
10/3

"It does, one way or the other."
Oh, hey! So the first time you crew it, it becomes a 3/10. The second time you crew it, it becomes a 10/3.

Functionally, you're trading 3/3 up to a 3/10 with trample, or 6/6 up to a 10/3 with trample. It's sort of a 4/3 for 1RR: the math checks out as very fair.

The nice part will be crewing it once, attacking, and then crewing it the second time when it's not blocked. >:)
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Hand of Earth's Foundations 5RGW
Creature - Elemental Barbarian (M)
Menace, vigilance
When Hand of Earth's Foundations dies, put a succession counter on target creature you control and its base power becomes 10. It gains menace, vigilance, and this ability.
There must always be a champion.
10/8

IIW: Goblin mania
10 power that I just get to keep and move around? I'm sold, and I'm putting this next on Charging Badger, who deserves it.
Ink-Treader wrote:
2 years ago
Numerical Superiority R
Enchantment (U)
Attacking creatures you control have trample if their total power is greater than the total power of the defending player's creatures, menace if their total power is 5 or greater than those creatures, and first strike if their total power is 10 or greater than those creatures.
3R: Create a 1/1 red Goblin Soldier creature token with haste.

IIW: "half or less of your/their starting life total"
You know, red is a very good choice for this. It'll come out of the gate faster, and this will count even more against low-creature-count control decks (its natural enemies), and it goes well with red's big-numbers pal green.

First strike, menace, and trample at 10+ power advantage might feel like win-more, but I see it more as a well-earned coup-de-grace.

Winner: Legend
HM: Megiddo

Next: outside of game

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Ramoi, Dearest Friend
Legendary Creature- Human Nomad (R)
Vigilance
When Ramoi enters the battlefield, if you have no chosen companion, you may choose a nonhuman creature card you own from outside the game. That creature becomes your chosen companion. (You may put it into your hand from outside the game for 3 any time you could cast a sorcery.)
As long as you control your companion, that creature and Ramoi, Dearest Friend have ward .
2/2

IIW: Nonblue cards in an underwater world
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 2 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Karn's Reconstruction Drone 4
Artifact Creature - Drone
When this creature enters the battlefield, you may exile an artifact card from your hand. If you do, search your hand and library for any number of cards with the same name, exile them, then shuffle. Choose an artifact card you own from outside the game. Conjure a duplicate of that card into your hand for each card exiled from your hand this way. Those cards perpetually gain "This spell costs 2 less to cast."
"They will remain here, on Dominaria, continuing to rebuild things that break, even if I do not return." - Karn, Silver Golem.
3/4

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

vishamon wrote:
2 years ago
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
vishamon wrote:
2 years ago
Dhalsim, Yoga Master
Legendary Creature - Human Monk (U)
Reach
: Dhalsim, Yoga Master gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
"Enlightenment! As long as you are not enlightened, victory will not come to you!!"
1/2
Now that judging is over, I'd like to bring attention to how elegant this design is. Dhalsim with reach and fire-breathing.

Dhalsim with reach and fire-breathing.

Of course he would have reach. He better have reach.

"Dhalsim has reach" is a massive understatement. Dhalsim IS reach.

Everything Dhalsim has is reach.
Yeah, that's why when @Cythare was like "I didn't think of Dhalsim as Gruul but it works" I'm thinking to myself "how else does a human monk get reach and fire breathing?"
Dhalsim has been revealed and I'm so happy.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
He not only has reach, he's a reach-matters lord!
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”