Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

I hope I'm doing this correctly.

Rot Farmer
3b
Creature - Fungus Zombie (U)
Exploit
When Rot Farmer exploits a creature, create three 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens.
2/3
A rot farmer will use anything for compost, even itself.

UB Exploit, BW Aristocrats, BG Tokens/Saprolings

Larderweb Spider
3gg
Creature - Spider (U)
Reach
When Larderweb Spider leaves the battlefield, choose one-
Free Its Victims -Create three Squirrel creature tokens.
Butcher Them -Create three Food tokens.
Unearth 4gg
3/5

GU Tokens, BG Squirrel Tribal

Old-Growth Stalker
1g
Enchantment Creature - Treefolk Horror (U)
Whenever Old-Growth Stalker attacks, you may mill two cards.
Delirium - 3g, Sacrifice Old-Growth Stalker: Return target permanent card from your graveyard to your hand. Activate only if there are four or more card types among cards in your graveyard.
1/3

BG Delirium, GU self-mill, WG Enchantments

Cindereater
2r
Creature - Elemental Lizard (U)
When Cindereater enters the battlefield, you may discard a card. If you do, draw a card.
Whenever one or more cards leave your graveyard, put a +1/+1 counter on Cindereater.
2/1

WR Lorehold graveyard shenanigans, UR flashback, BR reanimator

IIW: Carnivorous plants
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Juancu
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Devilish Designs 3R
Sorcery (U)
Gain control of target creature until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn.
When that creature leaves the battlefield this turn, if it was sacrificed, draw a card. Otherwise, create two 1/1 red Devil creature tokens.

IIW: not this again
Last edited by Juancu 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

judgment shall come probably in a couple of hours.
MEG

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Had a cycle idea but I don't think I can deal with actually creating the cards lmao
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

burdens of greatness.

i'll be judging tomorrow, unfortunately, so you all have some time for more entries!
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Ultramarine Sprite

Creature - Faerie (C)
Flying
Ultramarine Sprite can block only creatures with flying.
When Ultramarine Sprite enters the battlefield, surveil 2.
1/1

GU self-mill, UB surveil, UB Faerie tribal, BG graveyard matters, UB Ninjutsu

Primordial Ancestors

Creature - Shapeshifter (U)
Changeling (This card is every creature type.)
When Primordial Ancestors enters the battlefield, create two 1/1 green and blue Shapeshifter creature tokens with changeling.
1/2

I'm so sorry.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Nezumi Opportunist 3b
Creature-rat warrior rogue (u)
Whenever a Samurai or Warrior you control attacks alone, it gets +1/+0 and gains your choice of first strike or "this creature can't be blocked" until end of turn.
Skilled enough to stand and fight, but wily enough to know when a dirty trick will accomplish the same thing
3/2

IIW: wild speculation about streets of New Capenna

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

White: Disturb/Spirits, Sacrifice, Aggro, Humans

Cathar Gravekeeper 2W
Creature - Human Soldier (U)
Whenever Cathar Gravekeeper attacks, exile target card from a graveyard.
Whenever a card leaves your graveyard, create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token. This ability only triggers once each turn.
3/1

IIW: Make a card for your IIW.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Burning Question 2R
Enchantment (R)
You can't gain life.
Whenever a source you control deals noncombat damage to a player, exile the top card of your library. You may play that card this turn.
Whenever you cast a spell from anywhere other than your hand, add RR and Burning Question deals 2 damage to you.

IIW: The source of a young mage's power
Last edited by Cythare 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

WB lifegain, UB flash, BG tokens

Kheru Leechbreeder 3B
Creature - Vampire (R)
Flash
Creature tokens you control have deathtouch.
1B, Sacrifice another non-Leech creature: Create a 2/2 black Leech creature token with lifelink.
2/4

IIW: Return to Rath
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Forgotten Realms:
bw Venture. UW second spell you cast each turn. GW life gain. RW Equipment.

Steelclad Cleric 2W
Creature- Human Cleric (C)
When Steelclad Cleric enters the battlefield, venture into the dungeon.
When you cast your second spell each turn, you may attach target equipment you control to Steelclad Cleric and gain 2 life.
Mactus realized as his party "interrogated" the prisoners that they probably weren't followers of Pelor after all.
2/2
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kamigawa:
RU Artifacts. RG Modified. RW "exalted". RB Sacrifice. (And secretly modular)

Gilded Samurai 3R
Artifact Creature- Human Samurai (U)
When a Samurai or Warrior you control attacks alone, create a Treasure token.
When one or more artifacts you control leave the battlefield during your turn, you may put a +1/+1 counter on target artifact creature. This ability triggers only once each turn.
Hereditary contracts with the imperial court have brought certain Samurai families obscene wealth and expensive taste since the dawn of the modern era.
2/4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Crimson Vow:
BR Blood. BW Life gain. BU Exploit. BG Graveyard.

Caretaker of Maurer Estate 3BB
Creature- Vampire (U)
Exploit, Lifelink
When Caretaker of Maurer Estate exploits a creature, create 2 blood tokens and gain 2 life.
At the beginning of your end step, if you gained 3 or more life this turn, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
2/5
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eldraine
GR Nonhumans, GWAdventures, GB Food, GU Tempo

Hokum Yolkum 3G
Legendary Artifact Creature- Egg Food (R)
When Hokum Yolkum dies, draw a card.
2, Sacfrifice Hokum Youlkum: Gain 3 life.
"Hokum Yolkum ran and ran
from many hundred Kenrith man..."

3/4
Pursued by Soldiers
Instant- Adventure
Each creature must block target nonhuman creature you control if able this turn.

IIW: One word card names

chetoos

@Megiddo judge!

Megiddo
MEG

I've been too busy pressing F5 on NBA updates to judge. I'm glad I waited, though, since the blockbuster trade of the year just went through AND this turned out to be a healthy challenge that I'm excited to dig into.

Note on judging: If you posted archetypes, I'll be evaluating based on how well your card might fit those stated archetypes. If you didn't, I'll be attempting to divine what archetypes it might fit into. The difficulty of that exercise may inform your rating. Also, I'll mostly be thinking about these in terms of limited, fair warning.

Outside of that, my usual thoughts on elegance, mechanics, etc. will be in play.
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Ironbark Armorer 2G
Creature — Elf Artificer (U)
Flash
When Ironbark Armorer enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature.
If one or more +1/+1 counters would be put on a creature you control and Ironbark Armorer entered the battlefield this turn, put put that many plus one +1/+1 counters on it instead.
1/1

This one's for the Golgari/Simic overlap in DGM, or Simic/Gruul in RNA.

IIW: Power 10 or greater
So, I had to look this up to refresh myself. RNA simic/Gruul had the +1/+1 counter overlap (Riot and Adapt, with cards that care about counters). DGM is a little curious, but the Golgari had scavenge and the simic had evolve, so once again... +1/+1 counters.

So, in the specific contexts mentioned, obviously doubling the number of counters you place onto a creature is great in all contexts. Because this costs three mana, it may slot better in with Riot or Evolve, vs Scavenge or Adapt, though obviously if you have the mana to pay for this the payoff is much higher in the latter case. If you look at this in a vacuum, though, it's at minimum a 3/3 flash for three mana, which is a good rate. If this gets ANY additional value, it's a great deal.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
For the benefit of two standard decks: BR vampires and BW sacrifice.
Bloodhungry Guest 2B
Creature - Vampire Noble
When this creature enters the battlefield, each player sacrifices a creature.
Whenever you sacrifice another creature or a blood token, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.
2/2

IIW: Speculate wildly about Streets of new Capenna
I took a quick scan through meta decks and got a bit of an idea of how this might slot in. Well, I didn't see any Vampires decks. I asked about this and was told, "you can register a standard Vampires deck, yes," so I don't have high confidence there. Unfortunately I'm not high up enough on the meta to know whether this would create a vampires deck. As for BW sacrifice, from what I can tell the current iteration of the deck doesn't rely on having a particular creature in play and would rather cycle through creatures to gain incremental value while draining the opponent. I also see only one card that actually sacrifices creatures in there, so this trigger isn't going to go off very often. That said, having the ability to outgrow The Meathook Massacre is nothing but a positive.

Ok, so this is a Fleshbag Marauder with significant upside. It starts at a 3/3 most of the time, which is already above rate, and it has good potential to grow from there. There's no provided rarity, but this feels like a very solid uncommon in a format that supports it.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
EDIT: Since everyone else has announced, the two archetypes supported are RW "exalted" and BR madness.

Rubblebelt Vampire RR
Creature — Vampire Shaman (U)
Whenever Rubblebelt Vampire or another creature you control attacks alone, you may discard a card. If you do, it can't be blocked by more than one creature this turn.
Whenever you cast a spell from exile, put a +1/+1 counter on Rubblebelt Vampire.
2/2

IIW: Triple-pip monocolored cards on Ravnica
The first thing that leaps out to me is the mana cost. Double color costs on two-drops are very restrictive; on an aggressive card more so. This means it's either a four drop or a constructed card. So let's examine both options. As a four drop, this still has reasonable value. Both of its abilities trigger on other game actions, meaning that this card can do its thing even while it has summoning sickness. In fact, because you are likely playing this later in the game than its mana cost dictates, you may even have mana up to cast a madness card you discard. In constructed, you can likely jam this on turn 2 and get an attack for 3 in the next turn. That's strong, and I think it's a good madness enabler in that way. Forcing attacks to trigger forces interaction, which is a good play pattern.

Stroke of genius to restrict how early you can play it based on the mana cost so that its natural play pattern is smoother? Maybe. But I'd still prefer it to cost 1R.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
GW tokens and GU flash matters.

Sprout Incursion 1G
Enchantment (U)
Flash
When you would create one or more tokens during an opponent's turn, create an additional 1/1 green saproling creature token. This ability triggers only once each turn.
When Sprout Incursion enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 green saproling creature token.

IIW: Replace any card from an existing set with a card in the same slot. (Example, replacing Thrasios, Triton Hero with a different UG partner, or replacing Draugr Recruiter with a different common black boast creature for 4.)
Once again we have a card that combos with itself, here to be a Raise the Alarm in green that goes on to create additional value later. The name is giving me some flashbacks to a certain other card's reign of terror, and this would be particularly disgusting with that one. But that's neither here nor there--we can imagine this fitting in with cards that are fair and balanced. For tokens this is a slam-dunk include: It both makes tokens and helps you make more. For flash it's perhaps a little more suspect; It is in fact a spell with flash, and it does in fact benefit other cards that have flash, but it seems like much more of a filler card in those decks. That's ok! You need the Cs to make 23.

This is good use of the "triggers once per turn" technology. This gets out of hand without it. This scales well in multiplayer games too; for a good time, combine with Verdant Force in your multiplayer format of choice.
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
WU flying, RW artifacts, and WB aristocrats

Diamond-Pinion Aesthir 3W
Creature - Bird (C)
Flying
When Diamond-Pinion Aesthir dies, create a 1/1 colorless Thopter artifact creature token with flying and a Treasure token.
2/2

IIW: literally more of this challenge
Good IIW.

Ambitious to target three archetypes, but let's see how it looks. I think this is our first common, which means the expectation here is less a card that pulls one into an archetype and more one that supports it. This is a high-value card. The base stats aren't exciting, but turning into two tokens on death is juicy and abusable. You've suggested UW fliers: This is in fact not one but potentially two creatures with flying, so check (we might imagine Watcher of the Spheres or similar support here). For RW artifacts: You get not one but in fact two artifact tokens on death, and I can't think of an artifact archetype that wouldn't like both of these. Finally, aristocrats gets not one, not two, but THREE small bodies to use as sacrifice fodder (treasures, of course, self-sacrifice.). So, yeah, a card that is filler in most decks and a role-player in specific archetypes. Exactly what we want from a common.

Seems like you've done this before. Great card.
MonoRedMage wrote:
2 years ago
UR Elemental tribal / RG big power matters / RW defenders

Obsidian Grotesque 3R
Creature - Elemental Gargoyle {U}
Defender
2R: Elementals and creatures with defender you control get +1/+0 and gain first strike until end of turn.
6/2

IIW - Big, non-Dragon, red creatures
I do love defenders as an archetype. Real ROE hours here. So, this card makes attacking for your opponent mostly impossible. Three mana is a lot, but this effect (instant-speed team first strike that can be used on multiple blockers) mostly costs four mana and a card at base if not more these days. It's restricted to two tribes, but by itself this is unbeatable in combat, and if you have even just one more creature to get the bonus things get out of hand. I like the idea of a high-powered defender that supports a big-power-matters archetype, but this specific ability is far too much power.
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
WU Auras, UB self-mill, and GU +1/+1 counters

Eyes of the Moroii 3U
Enchantment - Aura (U)
Flash
Enchant creature
When Eyes of the Moroii enters the battlefield, target player mills two cards.
Whenever one or more cards are put into your graveyard from your library, put that many +1/+1 counters on enchanted creature.

IIW: Chess theme
Ok, so we're back to uncommons now, meaning this is going to have higher standards for inclusion. Being a strong draw into three archetypes might be a bit of a trap, but let's see. It's monocolored of course, so it's not meant to serve as a signpost. WU Auras: YEP it's an aura. My inference is that this would be more likely to trigger exactly once in this archetype, so it's likely underpowered. However, IT HAS FLASH??? so it's also a combat trick. Lol. UB Self-mill: Both an enabler and a payoff. Check. GU Counters: My inference is that this would be more likely to trigger exactly once in this archetype, so it's likely underpowered. However, IT HAS FLASH??? so it's also a combat trick. Lol.

I think there's a lot of raw power here. I'd peg this as strongest in UB self mill, since in that deck you get the combat trick plus more potential recurring growth. In Auras you likely get a bonus for the card itself (perhaps on casting it, or being able to recur it), and I can imagine ten thousand ways to use or benefit from counters. So yes, I do think this fits the bill.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Rot Farmer
3b
Creature - Fungus Zombie (U)
Exploit
When Rot Farmer exploits a creature, create three 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens.
2/3
A rot farmer will use anything for compost, even itself.

UB Exploit, BW Aristocrats, BG Tokens/Saprolings

Larderweb Spider
3gg
Creature - Spider (U)
Reach
When Larderweb Spider leaves the battlefield, choose one-
Free Its Victims -Create three Squirrel creature tokens.
Butcher Them -Create three Food tokens.
Unearth 4gg
3/5

GU Tokens, BG Squirrel Tribal

Old-Growth Stalker
1g
Enchantment Creature - Treefolk Horror (U)
Whenever Old-Growth Stalker attacks, you may mill two cards.
Delirium - 3g, Sacrifice Old-Growth Stalker: Return target permanent card from your graveyard to your hand. Activate only if there are four or more card types among cards in your graveyard.
1/3

BG Delirium, GU self-mill, WG Enchantments

Cindereater
2r
Creature - Elemental Lizard (U)
When Cindereater enters the battlefield, you may discard a card. If you do, draw a card.
Whenever one or more cards leave your graveyard, put a +1/+1 counter on Cindereater.
2/1

WR Lorehold graveyard shenanigans, UR flashback, BR reanimator

Pro-tip for future meg challenges: If you split your cards into multiple posts I am more likely to give each of them a more thorough evaluation, since I get a bit of name blindness when I'm doing these. But a solid block of cards in a single quote is hard to see in the edit box and the scrolling gets annoying.

Rot Farmer: My concern here is that I don't know that you would see exploit and aristocrats as separate archetypes. If you're already loading up on exploit, it seems like too much overlap to have a deck that also wants to sacrifice creatures. VOW avoids this by having the blood sacrifice deck, which cares about a different thing. Otherwise, yeah, this is another good card that chains especially well with additional copies of itself. I think it's undercosted; try 5 mana.

Larderweb: Squirrel tribal is amusing. Perhaps the return of Squirrel Sovereign in a premier set? Anyway, this is a LOT of value for not a lot of mana. This might have to bump up to rare or add some additional mana somewhere. Creating 6 tokens is a lot, and it creates some overwhelming board states by itself, not to mention what happens if you combine it with anything else (you suggest this fits into UG. this has a "leaves the battlefield" trigger... very abusable in those colors).

Old-growth: This one I like a lot. The ability to recur permanent cards creates some tension by tying it to delirium. It slightly depowers the ability because the majority of decks looking to achieve it will have to use either instants, sorceries, or both, and that limits your selection of targets. Very smart choice. Making this an enchantment ties a lot of things together (it help enable future copies of the card, etc.). One thing--this needs to exile itself when you use the ability! The self-mill is a little much for me, but you did want this to support that archetype, so no complaint there.

Cindereater: Your three archetypes all revolve around the graveyard. This guy is good; another enabler + payoff in one, but it does require a second card to actually bridge those two things. What that second card is will vary from game to game, and you've given me three good ideas about what it would look like. Good card.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Devilish Designs 3R
Sorcery (U)
Gain control of target creature until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn.
When that creature leaves the battlefield this turn, if it was sacrificed, draw a card. Otherwise, create two 1/1 red Devil creature tokens.

IIW: not this again
No archetypes, so we have to attempt to figure some out. The obvious one (and this is BEFORE we got to the second ability) is a BR Threaten / sacrifice deck. I'm imagining some sort of aggressive RW tokens deck as well here that both would want a threaten and could use tokens.

Four mana is a lot for a threaten, but this provides a lot of upside in either of our imagined archetypes. As an Annihilate in the sacrifice deck it overperforms pretty much every other threaten out there, so that's a win. The tokens deck it's weaker. Threaten as a curve-topper/game-ender is reasonable there, enabling an alpha strike, but the opponent gets to choose whether you get the tokens or not (and if you don't you are not happy with this mana investment at all). Unless you have some way to... sacrifice the creature. But then we're in the other deck.

Wording suggestion: Could this be "When you lose control of that creature?" That way, even if they chump block or DON'T block, you get tokens? That would be a much splashier card with a higher floor. I believe this covers situations where it dies (including sacrifice!), gets bounced, etc. If not, imagine a broader trigger that includes this.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Ultramarine Sprite

Creature - Faerie (C)
Flying
Ultramarine Sprite can block only creatures with flying.
When Ultramarine Sprite enters the battlefield, surveil 2.
1/1

GU self-mill, UB surveil, UB Faerie tribal, BG graveyard matters, UB Ninjutsu

Primordial Ancestors

Creature - Shapeshifter (U)
Changeling (This card is every creature type.)
When Primordial Ancestors enters the battlefield, create two 1/1 green and blue Shapeshifter creature tokens with changeling.
1/2

Sprite: This actually doesn't fit the spirit of the challenge to me, since it is (according to your five suggested pairs) trying to go in, like, every deck. I do like that it hits multiple archetypes in the same color pair and that you made our first multicolored card. I was hoping somebody would do exactly this, though of course hybrid takes a little bite out of it.

Ancestors: Tokens/Changeling? Not a lot to say here; this is probably more efficient than blue gets, though.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Nezumi Opportunist 3b
Creature-rat warrior rogue (u)
Whenever a Samurai or Warrior you control attacks alone, it gets +1/+0 and gains your choice of first strike or "this creature can't be blocked" until end of turn.
Skilled enough to stand and fight, but wily enough to know when a dirty trick will accomplish the same thing
3/2

This looks like it wants to slot into NEO. There's only one black samurai in the set (call it 1.5), so I don't know that it's a great fit there. At UNC I'd actually say it's a net negative, since it gives false impressions about the rest of the set. Yes, it fits into both RW and BR, but it lies to about what those decks are going to look like. It is a good ninjutsu enabler, but there's already a lot of those in black. Strong card (Too strong, in fact, as this is a 3 power unblockable guy/granter of unblockability; I think I remember it having another mode but who cares? you're never choosing that one), but not great archetype support, and that's what we're here for.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
White: Disturb/Spirits, Sacrifice, Aggro, Humans

Cathar Gravekeeper 2W
Creature - Human Soldier (U)
Whenever Cathar Gravekeeper attacks, exile target card from a graveyard.
Whenever a card leaves your graveyard, create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token. This ability only triggers once each turn.
3/1

IIW: Make a card for your IIW.
Well uh, this is a very deep white we have in whatever imaginary set this is. I'm not sure if this was meant to be WU, WB, WR, WG, but... well, that slots so cleanly in that I think it was. But man, you're really making me work hard (not that hard) for this.

Again, this somewhat violates the spirit of the challenge for the reasons stated above. Also, like, man, just putting Human on a card does not Human Support make. This card has a lot of power packed into it and can dominate games if unchecked; smart to restrict it to one toughness. (also, like, man, just putting three power on a card does not Aggro Support make)
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Burning Question 2R
Enchantment (R)
You can't gain life.
Whenever a source you control deals noncombat damage to a player, exile the top card of your library. You may play that card this turn.
Whenever you cast a spell from anywhere other than your hand, add RR and Burning Question deals 2 damage to you.

IIW: The source of a young mage's power
A RARE. Rares don't really count in limited, so we can look at it for constructed. This feels like it would fit into a mono-red deck as well as some sort of sort-of storm/spells deck (noting here for the readers that when this deals damage to YOU you get an additional card, so you can chain them). This is great value; Something else to note is that you can play lands that get exiled without taking damage, so there's a lot of minmaxing available here. Feels like a good build-around.
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
WB lifegain, UB flash, BG tokens

Kheru Leechbreeder 3B
Creature - Vampire (R)
Flash
Creature tokens you control have deathtouch.
1B, Sacrifice another non-Leech creature: Create a 2/2 black Leech creature token with lifelink.
2/4

IIW: Return to Rath
Rares, again, sort of don't count. This definitely needs that rarity, though, since the creation of multiple lifelinking deathtouchers will dominate a board (this feels like an unpassable bomb). Having a strong static ability plus a similarly useful activated ability puts this in the "worth a try" section, though I don't know if this makes the cut in a 60-card deck.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Forgotten Realms:
bw Venture. UW second spell you cast each turn. GW life gain. RW Equipment.

Steelclad Cleric 2W
Creature- Human Cleric (C)
When Steelclad Cleric enters the battlefield, venture into the dungeon.
When you cast your second spell each turn, you may attach target equipment you control to Steelclad Cleric and gain 2 life.
Mactus realized as his party "interrogated" the prisoners that they probably weren't followers of Pelor after all.
2/2

Kamigawa:
RU Artifacts. RG Modified. RW "exalted". RB Sacrifice. (And secretly modular)

Gilded Samurai 3R
Artifact Creature- Human Samurai (U)
When a Samurai or Warrior you control attacks alone, create a Treasure token.
When one or more artifacts you control leave the battlefield during your turn, you may put a +1/+1 counter on target artifact creature. This ability triggers only once each turn.
Hereditary contracts with the imperial court have brought certain Samurai families obscene wealth and expensive taste since the dawn of the modern era.
2/4

Crimson Vow:
BR Blood. BW Life gain. BU Exploit. BG Graveyard.

Caretaker of Maurer Estate 3BB
Creature- Vampire (U)
Exploit, Lifelink
When Caretaker of Maurer Estate exploits a creature, create 2 blood tokens and gain 2 life.
At the beginning of your end step, if you gained 3 or more life this turn, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
2/5

IIW: One word card names
Here we're hitting multiple card fatigue as well as last entry fatigue (AND scryfall just went down for maintenance, lol), so forgive the brevity:
Overall: see previous comments regarding "spirit" of the challenge.
Cleric: I'd rather see the venture as the repeatable effect, I think, since I remember hearing that was underpowered. This one feels a little bolted together.
Samurai: The ability is a little strained; again it feels like a bit of a reach to hit all of the points.
Caretaker: Requiring 3 life to trigger while only being able to gain 2 on its own feels like a bit of a tease.

WINNER: void_nothing for the bird
Next: literally more of this challenge
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Ancestors: Tokens/Changeling? Not a lot to say here; this is probably more efficient than blue gets, though.
Just a silly joke, in is that it goes into every tribal color pairing that includes at least one of those colors; uw Spirits, rg Goblins, ur Pirates etc :rofl:

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

The cycle I wanted to post was monocolor uncommons for a Ravnica set. Each would have a four-mode ETB, one mode for... well, you know.

Might put that together and post it anyhow, I thought it was a good-ish idea

Thanks for the win, let's see more of the same, we were rolling for a while there

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Reconfiguring Mech 1U
Artifact - Equipment (U)
Equipped creature gets +1/+1. If it's an artifact, it gets +2/+2 and gains vigilance instead.
Crew 1
Equip 2 (Reconfiguring Mech can't be equipped if it's a creature. If it becomes a creature, it becomes unattached.)
3/2

IIW: Make a card for your own IIW

Sporegorger_Dragon

Mycelium Shambler
2b
Creature - Fungus (U)
Whenever one or more creature cards are put into your graveyard from anywhere, create two tapped 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens. This ability triggers only once per turn.
2, Sacrifice another creature: You gain 2 life.
2/3

BW Aristocrats, BG Saproling/Fungus, BG Dredge, UB self-mill

Ragecaster Mage
1r
Creature - Viashino Shaman (R)
Flash
When Ragecaster Mage enters the battlefield, target instant or sorcery card in your graveyard gains jump-start until end of turn.
2/1
"Blast this snapcaster noise! SO SAYETH THE BEY!!"

UR flashback/Izzet Drakes, RG lands-matter, RW heroic/magecraft

Thopter Gadgeteer
2r
Creature - Viashino Artificer (U)
When Thopter Gadgeteer enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 colorless Thopter artifact creature token with flying.
T, Sacrifice an artifact: Discard a card, then draw a card.
3rr, Exile Thopter Gadgeteer from your graveyard: Create a 1/1 colorless Thopter artifact creature token with flying.
2/1

UR Thopters, RW artifacts, RW Lorehold graveyard shenanigans, BR madness, BR sacrifice (Treasure/Food/Blood etc)

Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

chetoos

Goldhungry Rager 1r
Art depicts a large bugbear (human sized goblinoid) attempting to steal gold while their party fights in the background.
Creature - Goblin Barbarian
Check for Loot - Whenever you roll one or more d20s, create a treasure token.
"No, I need to search them now, what if they had a secret magic weapon that could turn the tide?"
3/1

For the ru dice deck, the rb treasure deck, and the rg pack tactics deck in AFR

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

ub ninjas, ug tokens.

Shadow Reconnaissance Jutsu 1U
Enchantment
When Shadow Reconnaissance Jutsu enters the battefield, create two 0/2 blue Shadow creature tokens.
Whenever a permanent returns to your hand, if it was a token, draw a card.

gw auras, gr modified, gu counters

Dynamism 1G
Enchantment (U)
Whenever a modified creature you control gets a new kind of modification, draw a card. This ability triggers only once each turn. (Equipment, Auras you control, and counters are the three kinds of modification.)

Sporegorger_Dragon

Junglefloor Nepenthes
2g
Creature - Plant (U)
When Junglefloor Nepenthes enters the battlefield, create a 0/1 green Plant creature token.
Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on target Plant you control.
0/3

GU +1/+1 counters, BG toughness matters, RG Landfall Plants (Avenger of Zendikar/Phylath, World Sculptor/Turntimber Sower)

Sublimation Conductor

Creature - Weird (R)
Magecraft -Whenever you cast or copy an instant or sorcery spell, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control that is an Elemental or Weird.
1/1

All of the Ravnican guilds with either or , but especially Izzet/Prismari () spellslinging/copying and Simic () +1/+1 counters.

Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Go-Go Go-Shintai 3R
Legendary Artifact Enchantment — Shrine Vehicle (U)
Haste
Whenever Go-Go Go-Shintai becomes crewed for the first time in a turn, you may pay 1. If you do, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each Shrine you control. If you control three or more Shrines, it also gains menace until end of turn.
Crew 3
Spirit crew 1
3/2

IIW: Triple-pip monocolored cards on Ravnica
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

For Dragons of Tarkir
GW: Bolster/ +1/+1 counters. UW: Rebound/ Noncreature spells. UB: Exploit/Death Triggers. BR: Suicide Aggro/dash. RG: Formidable/ Power matters. (Slightly supported)

Ancient Guardian 4
Artifact Creature- Golem (U)
Defender
When you cast a noncreature spell, put a +1/+1 counter on Ancient Guardian.
When Ancient Guardian dies, bolster X, where X is the number of +1/+1 counters on it. (Choose a creature with the least toughness among creatures you control. Put that many +1/+1 counters on it.)
3/3

IIW: Nonblue cards in an underwater world.

Megiddo
MEG

Merfolk Marauder 1U
Creature - Merfolk Pirate {C}
Raid -- When Merfolk Marauder enters the battlefield, if you attacked this turn, choose one:
- Put a +1/+1 counter on another target merfolk you control.
- Create a Treasure token.
2/1

IIW: layups, low-hanging fruit, the first option
MEG

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Trench Terror2U
Creature - Cephalid Horror (U)
Whenever you discard Trench Terror, look at the top card of your library. You may put that card into your graveyard.
1UUU, Sacrifice Trench Terror: Counter target creature spell.
Dredge 2
1/3
IIW: Tribes with 20 or less creature cards
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Sporegorger_Dragon

Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Trench Terror2U
Creature - Cephalid Horror (U)
I was about to make fun of you for submitting yet another Cephalid, but then I realized I submitted a Nepenthes pitcher-plant, so yadda-yadda glass houses don't throw stones :rofl:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”