NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

@Mergatroid_Jones?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Sorry, there was a bit of an emergency I had to deal with this afternoon.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago

Willow Caretaker
gu
Creature - Faerie Druid (U)
Flying
T: Untap another target Faerie or Forest.
2/1

Bloodseeker Familiar
1b
Creature - Bat (C)
Flying
When Bloodseeker Familiar enters the battlefield or dies, create a Blood token.
1/2
If it fails to return with enough blood, it risks becoming the next meal.

IIW: Cleave
Willow Caretaker: This feels very classically UG, and it feels properly Ulgrotha with green faeries being a thing. I would like to see green faeries explored more.

Bloodseeker Familiar: Vampires are bad pet owners. We're going right up to the modern era here with blood tokens. The design is conservative, and there's not much bad to say.

Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Anaba Virtuoso 1RR
Creature — Minotaur Bard (R)
Menace
Whenever Anaba Virtuoso enters the battlefield or attacks, you may put a Minotaur creature card from your hand onto the battlefield. It gains haste until end of turn. Return that creature to your hand at the beginning of the next end step.
3/2

IIW: Modifications
I like what you Didgeridid there. I'm surprised there aren't more one-time dash effects in existence. Being balanced around a really minor tribe allows you to have all the fun you want. You couldn't print this card for just any tribe, but minotaurs are a good choice.

Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Murk Troll 1UB
Creature - Troll
Flash, Protection from Green
1BRegenerate Murk Troll.
3/2

Murderer of Av-hanna 2B
Creature - Human Noble (U)
When Murderer of Av-Hanna enters the battlefield, destroy another target human.
The son of a noble, bored with life, decided to find out if the hearts of his fathers subjects were really a pure as they say.
2/2

IIW: Draft Matters Cards
Murk Troll: A very simple card. Just a mix of stats and keywords we haven't seen in that combination. It's okay, and I'd play it in limited, then never think about it again.

Murderer of Av-hanna: I love it. Human Frailty is such a flavorful card, but it's just not all that powerful. Giving it a body makes a big difference, even if it's just a Scathe Zombies body. This feels like the right mix of flavor and conservative card design.

Legend wrote:
2 years ago
Sengir Rats (Uncommon)
1B
Creature - Rat
1/1
Whenever Sengir Rats regenerates, create a 1/1 black Rat creature token.
2BB: Regenerate Sengir Rats.

IIW: two mechanics that have never before been together on the same card
Drudge Skeletons the rat factory. I really like this card, but the base of a 1/1 for 1b is just too weak to be worth a card anymore. This gets you value if you can regenerate it twice, but you paid a lot of mana for not a lot of rats at that point. This actually feels weak enough that it could've been printed in the original set, but they didn't really do creature tokens back then.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Bloodline Exterminator WW
Creature - Human Archer {R}
First strike
Whenever Bloodline Exterminator deals combat damage to a vampire, exile that creature and all other creatures that player controls with the same name as that creature. Then that player reveals their hand and exiles all cards with that name from their hand and graveyard.
"Barony, barogna. Either way, you're going to die."
2/2

IIW: Magic in 2032
Vampire Slayer really got to the logical conclusion of her character arc here. The main job is to mop vampire tokens, but exiling out of the hand and graveyard is a pretty sweet upside.
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Sea Clan Powdermakers 2RR
Creature - Dwarf Pirate (R)
Haste
When Sea Clan Powdermakers dies, choose up to X, where X is the number of other Dwarves you control -
• Sea Clan Powdermakers deals 2 damage to target creature and 2 damage to that creature's controller.
• Discard up to two cards, then draw that many cards plus one.
• Create two 1/1 red Dwarf creature tokens.
3/3

IIW: Cumulative upkeep
Hey, this feels Ulgrotha. It's also a lot more powerful than most of the cards on the list-- powered more like a modern set. All the modes are good, and they'll all be used, although Lunge is likely the default.
lookingupanddown wrote:
2 years ago
Barony Werewolf 2BB
Creature - Werewolf (Uncommon)
Menace
At the beginning of each end step, put a -1/-1 counter on all creatures blocked by or that blocked Barony Werewolf this turn.
Scavengers hid in the outskirts of the Dark Barony, ready to feast on anyone who tries to run from Baron Sengir's reach.
3/3

IIW: a moment of desperation
It's greater than a Lesser Werewolf, and cheaper than a Greater Werewolf. It's a middle-grade werewolf. The flavor is there, and it's a decent uncommon that won't leave bulk bins.

Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Aysen Pathfinders 2GG
Creature — Human Shaman (U)
Whenever Aysen Pathfinders attacks, you may mutate any number of other attacking creatures underneath it until end of combat. Aysen Pathfinders gets +X/+Y until end of turn, where X is the total power of other creatures mutated this way and Y is their total toughness. (They become separate creatures again after combat.)
2/3

Whoa howdy, what is that thing? It's a bunch of... human pathfinders? I suppose the flavor is that you join their party and travel together in safety, but the word mutate evokes something much more Brisela, Voice of Nightmares. I like the horror flavor there, and it's certainly more horrific than anything else anyone posted, but I feel like the flavor should be some horrible mutant blob, or Frankenstein's Monster, or something rather than some folks finding a path.
Winner and next
Show
Hide
Winner: Cythare for Anaba Virtuoso

Next: Modifications

HM: Ulka for Murderer of Av-Hanna

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Modder Bear 1G
Creature - Bear (R)
(As a sorcery, pay a cost inside { } to put a +1/+1 counter over that slot. An ability has no effect if it has uncovered slots.)
{2} Trample
{3} {3} Whenever Modder Bear attacks, draw a card.
2/3

Rules: this is a new type of ability, called Potential abilities (Modder Bear has two Potential abilities.) A potential ability works like an Activated ability at first (only as a sorcery) but doesn't use the stack. Once all its slots have been covered, a Potential ability works as a Static or Triggered ability.
Removing +1/+1 counters from a creature allows you to choose a slot to remove from, but you can't move them around, and placing counters with other abilities doesn't allow you to fill a slot unless specified by that ability.

IIW: New Beginnings
Last edited by Juancu 2 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Battle Preparations 1GW
Sorcery
Seek a creature card, then creature cards in your hand perpetually gain "This creature enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it."
Remove 3 +1/+1 counters from among creatures you control: return Battle Preparations from your graveyard to your hand.

IIW: Draft a card from this card's spellbook.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Aysen Pathfinders 2GG
Creature — Human Shaman (U)
Whenever Aysen Pathfinders attacks, you may mutate any number of other attacking creatures underneath it until end of combat. Aysen Pathfinders gets +X/+Y until end of turn, where X is the total power of other creatures mutated this way and Y is their total toughness. (They become separate creatures again after combat.)
2/3

Whoa howdy, what is that thing? It's a bunch of... human pathfinders? I suppose the flavor is that you join their party and travel together in safety, but the word mutate evokes something much more Brisela, Voice of Nightmares. I like the horror flavor there, and it's certainly more horrific than anything else anyone posted, but I feel like the flavor should be some horrible mutant blob, or Frankenstein's Monster, or something rather than some folks finding a path.
The goal with this was to use mutate to semi-simulate an attacking band. The flavor of the keyword used definitely evokes something closer to meld or some similar monstrous event.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Im not happy with this design so I'm snipping it but leaving it for the record
Show
Hide
Dwarven Citadel 1
Tribal Artifact - Dwarf Fortification (U)
Dwarf creatures you control get +1/+1
At the beginning of your upkeep, if the fortified land is a mountain and is also fortified with cards named Unbreakable Gate and Stone Walls, exile the fortifications and meld them into Dongun's Hold.
Fortify land 1
Fortify Mountain 0

Unbreakable Gate 2
Artifact - Fortification (C)
Fortified land has Indestructible.
Fortify land 1

Stone Walls 3
As long as as Stone Walls is fortifying a land, untapped creatures you control get +0/+2.
Fortify land 2
Fortify Mountain 1

=========================

Dongun's Hold
Legendary Land
Indestructible
T: Add R for each artifact and creature you control.
Dwarf Creatures you control get +1/+1
Untapped creatures you control get +0/+2.
Chaotic Mutation 1RG
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Creature
At the beginning of your upkeep, exiles cards from the top of your library until you exile a non-human creature card. Mutate that card underneath the enchanted creature. Then put all cards exiled with Chaotic Mutation on the bottom of your library in a random order.

Chaotic Mutation 1RG
Enchantment - Aura
Draft Chaotic Mutation face up.
As you draft a card, you may remove it from the draft face up.
Enchant Creature
At the beginning of your upkeep, mutate a random nonhuman creature card that has been removed from the draft with cards named Chaotic Mutation underneath the enchant creature.

I'm not sure which version I like more so I'm posting both.

Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Mergatroid_Jones

Silence in the Court 2WW
Enchantment (R)
Modified creatures can't attack or block unless their controller pays 4 for each attacking or blocking modified creature. (A modified creature has power or toughness different from its printed version.)
1W: Target creature gets +1/+2 until end of turn.

IIW: A card with one of the following names: Brinishing Twall, Voice of the Fluss, Coronous Goblin, Planar Return, Overfell Sentinel

(Card names courtesy of Robo Rosewater)
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Outfitter Monopoly 3W
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, create a Gold artifact token for each modified creature they control. (creatures that are equipped, enchanted, or have counters are modified)
2W, Discard a card: Create a token that's a copy of target Aura or Equipment and attach it to target creature.

IIW: Electricity

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

Triad Charm
Sorcery (R)
Choose one-
* Create a Sword token. (A Sword is a red Artifact Equipment token with "Equipped creature gets +2/+0." and "Equip 2.".)
* Create a Shield token. (A Shield is a white Artifact Equipment token with "Equipped creature gets +0/+2." and "Equip 2.".)
* Create an Armor token. (An Armor is a green Enchantment Aura token with "Enchant creature." and "Totem armor.".)
Attach that token to target modified creature you control.

Iiw: Onomatopoeia

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

Reckoner's Irezumi 3BB
Enchantment - Aura {U}
Enchanted creature gets +2/-2.
When enchanted creature dies, you draw a card, then enchanted creature's controller discards a card.
The final step of initiation weeds out the weak.

IIW: segovia
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Modder Bear 1G
Creature - Bear (R)
(As a sorcery, pay a cost inside { } to put a +1/+1 counter over that slot. An ability has no effect if it has uncovered slots.)
{2} Trample
{3} {3} Whenever Modder Bear attacks, draw a card.
2/3

Rules: this is a new type of ability, called Potential abilities (Modder Bear has two Potential abilities.) A potential ability works like an Activated ability at first (only as a sorcery) but doesn't use the stack. Once all its slots have been covered, a Potential ability works as a Static or Triggered ability.
Removing +1/+1 counters from a creature allows you to choose a slot to remove from, but you can't move them around, and placing counters with other abilities doesn't allow you to fill a slot unless specified by that ability.

IIW: New Beginnings
This seems like an interesting digital design, but also feels logistically impossible to do on paper. So, logistically this is a special action like morph? Being able to add counters that can't be responded to, but could be done with a split second spell on the stack, seems like a lot.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Battle Preparations 1GW
Sorcery
Seek a creature card, then creature cards in your hand perpetually gain "This creature enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it."
Remove 3 +1/+1 counters from among creatures you control: return Battle Preparations from your graveyard to your hand.

This seems like it potentially compounds pretty quickly, since it finds a creature card to give the counters to. I'm wary of repeatable tutors/draw effects in general, especially when GW also has many other ways to add counters.
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Im not happy with this design so I'm snipping it but leaving it for the record
Show
Hide
Dwarven Citadel 1
Tribal Artifact - Dwarf Fortification (U)
Dwarf creatures you control get +1/+1
At the beginning of your upkeep, if the fortified land is a mountain and is also fortified with cards named Unbreakable Gate and Stone Walls, exile the fortifications and meld them into Dongun's Hold.
Fortify land 1
Fortify Mountain 0

Unbreakable Gate 2
Fortified land has Indestructible.
Fortify land 1

Stone Walls 3
As long as as Stone Walls is fortifying a land, untapped creatures you control get +0/+2.
Fortify land 2
Fortify Mountain 1

=========================

Dongun's Hold
Legendary Land
Indestructible
T: Add R for each artifact and creature you control.
Dwarf Creatures you control get +1/+1
Untapped creatures you control get +0/+2.
Chaotic Mutation 1RG
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Creature
At the beginning of your upkeep, exiles cards from the top of your library until you exile a non-human creature card. Mutate that card underneath the enchanted creature. Then put all cards exiled with Chaotic Mutation on the bottom of your library in a random order.

Chaotic Mutation 1RG
Enchantment - Aura
Draft Chaotic Mutation face up.
As you draft a card, you may remove it from the draft face up.
Enchant Creature
At the beginning of your upkeep, mutate a random nonhuman creature card that has been removed from the draft with cards named Chaotic Mutation underneath the enchant creature.

I'm not sure which version I like more so I'm posting both.

Minor gripe that this can enchant humans, which is mechanically fine, but against the flavor and maybe seems unintentional? I think I personally prefer the drafts matters one. It seems like a fun way of interacting with the draft.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Silence in the Court 2WW
Enchantment (R)
Modified creatures can't attack or block unless their controller pays 4 for each attacking or blocking modified creature. (A modified creature has power or toughness different from its printed version.)
1W: Target creature gets +1/+2 until end of turn.

IIW: A card with one of the following names: Brinishing Twall, Voice of the Fluss, Coronous Goblin, Planar Return, Overfell Sentinel

(Card names courtesy of Robo Rosewater)
Modified has a specific meaning based on some leaks, but setting that aside, this seems like a very easy way to make it very hard to attack. I think that the first ability is fine at rare, but I do think that the second ability might be too cheap to make your opponent's creatures more expensive to attack if they aren't otherwise modified. I'd consider upping that to at least 2W, but otherwise this is a cool Propaganda/Moat effect.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Outfitter Monopoly 3W
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, create a Gold artifact token for each modified creature they control. (creatures that are equipped, enchanted, or have counters are modified)
2W, Discard a card: Create a token that's a copy of target Aura or Equipment and attach it to target creature.

IIW: Electricity
This is pretty cool, and I like that it lets you copy your opponents' Auras or Equipment (and even put said Equipment on creatures you don't control). The syntax was a bit confusing at first (I'd recommend the language "that player controls" at the end of the first sentence), but otherwise this seems like a reasonable white ramp/copy card.
Pygyzy wrote:
2 years ago
Triad Charm
Sorcery (R)
Choose one-
* Create a Sword token. (A Sword is a red Artifact Equipment token with "Equipped creature gets +2/+0." and "Equip 2.".)
* Create a Shield token. (A Shield is a white Artifact Equipment token with "Equipped creature gets +0/+2." and "Equip 2.".)
* Create an Armor token. (An Armor is a green Enchantment Aura token with "Enchant creature." and "Totem armor.".)
Attach that token to target modified creature you control.

Iiw: Onomatopoeia
Armor being an enchantment instead of an artifact was a bit of a surprise - there's no reason an Equipment couldn't have totem armor (the ability specifically references auras, but there's no reason it couldn't be expanded). Otherwise these are neat effects. I'm a bit wary that this is a lot of flexibility at its cost for an effect that feels like it belongs a booster set.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Reckoner's Irezumi 3BB
Enchantment - Aura {U}
Enchanted creature gets +2/-2.
When enchanted creature dies, you draw a card, then enchanted creature's controller discards a card.
The final step of initiation weeds out the weak.

IIW: segovia
Nice, simple effect. While the clear application is to use it as a semi-removal spell or to at least soften up an opposing threat, I like the niche mode of spending 5 mana and killing your own creature to loot for an out, which makes this a neat Melvin card for me.

HM: ulka for v2 of the aura, NinjaCaterpie
Winner: Megiddo
Net: segovia
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Juancu

Anatoli, Shoulder Strategist W
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier (R)
Carry-On Partner (If Anatoli is in your commander zone and you would put a +1/+1 counter, you may treat this as a counter for as long as you want, and put it instead.)
If Anatoli is a counter, it grants +1/+2, lifelink, and "4W: Creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn."
0/1

IIW: surprise mechanics

Mergatroid_Jones

Cythare wrote:
2 years ago

Modified has a specific meaning based on some leaks
I haven't seen that. I was going off of Louvaq, the Aberrant, but I missed part of the ability.

Mergatroid_Jones

Segovian Metamorph U
Creature- Shapeshifter (R)
Changeling
Segovian Metamorph enters the battlefield as a copy of target creature with mana value 5 or less, except it is a 0/1, and has changeling.
0/1
Edit: Bonus Card
Show
Hide
Segovian Summons 1GU
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may reveal a non-legendary creature card from your hand if it doesn't share a name with a creature you control. If you do, create a token that's a copy of that creature, except it's a 1/1.

IIW: Pests
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Aqueduct of the Ancients
Artifact Land
Aqueduct of the Ancients doesn't untap during your untap step.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may tap an untapped island. If you do, untap Aqueduct of the Ancients.
T: Add UU.

Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

chetoos

Segovian Influence 3U
Sorcery
Look at the creature cards in all opponent's hands, then, for each player, choose one creature card in that player's hand. Those creature cards perpetually gain "This spell costs X less to cast where X is this creature's printed power minus one." and "skulk", and their base power and toughness perpetually become 1/1.
New Phyrexia isn't the only plane attempting to spread their power to the rest of the multiverse.

Yes, I am aware that this spell lets you cast Kozilek, Butcher of Truth for free as a 1/1, that's by design.

Megiddo
MEG

i'll judge later today
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago

Modified has a specific meaning based on some leaks
I haven't seen that. I was going off of Louvaq, the Aberrant, but I missed part of the ability.
Oh neat! Then my apologies for missing that mystery booster card!

Segovian Dreadnought 3
Artifact Creature — Dreadnought (R)
Menace, skulk
Whenever Segovian Dreadnought deals combat damage to a player, look at the top card of that player's library. You may put it into their graveyard.
On Segovia, a terrible weapon of war. Across the Multiverse, a surprisingly effective tool for subterfuge.
2/2

IIW: A fine winter coat
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

Segovian Kraken 1UU
Creature — Kraken (U)
Trample
Whenever Segovian Kraken enters the battlefield or attacks, tap target creature with power less than or equal to Sevogian Kraken's power.
2/2

IIW: Create a day/night matters card that isn't a Werewolf or isn't on Innistrad (or both).
Last edited by spacemonaut 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Juancu

Colonizer Elfing G
Micro Creature - Elf Wizard (C)
T: Add G plus G for each other micro creature on the same artifact as Colonizer Elfing.
(A micro creature can't block, and its power and toughness can't be modified. As a sorcery, you may stick a micro creature onto an artifact you control. It follows that artifact's zone changes, and can't change on its own.)
0/1

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 2 years ago

Segovian Hatchling (Rare)
4U
Creature - Kraken
1/1
Shroud (This creature can't be the target of spells or abilities.)
Whenever a player draws a card, put a +1/+1 counter on Segovian Hatchling.

IIW: non-evergreen mechanic counters
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Megiddo
MEG

Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Anatoli, Shoulder Strategist W
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier (R)
Carry-On Partner (If Anatoli is in your commander zone and you would put a +1/+1 counter, you may treat this as a counter for as long as you want, and put it instead.)
If Anatoli is a counter, it grants +1/+2, lifelink, and "4W: Creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn."
0/1

IIW: surprise mechanics
I appreciate that you consistently bring fresh concepts and ideas to your entries. They don't always pan out in their initial form, but this sort of concept is innovative and serves as a great springboard for iteration. As somebody who (in my own self-assessment) focuses more in the refinement of ideas rather than the raw generation of new ones, I respect it greatly.

So let's talk about this new idea. You haven't given me the full information needed to understand how this works, but let's talk about the happy path*: I play Arcbound Worker turn 1 and end up with a 1/2 lifelinker with Cliffside Lookout's ability. More likely we try to put it onto a larger creature, but for zero mana investment this does a lot (especially considering how easy, free, and fast it can be to add counters). You upgrade a +1/+1 counter by +0/+1, lifelink, AND a third ability. That feels dangerous and puts a low ceiling on power level. Explore adding a mana cost.

*Unanswered questions: "for as long as you want" makes it sound like I can, as a special action, convert this back into a creature. But do I just get a 0/1 into play? Or put it back into the command zone? Etc. Use of Partner in the name implies that it could be one of two commanders with Partner. Details like this would need to be worked out and do prevent a full evaluation of what you are trying to do.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Segovian Metamorph U
Creature- Shapeshifter (R)
Changeling
Segovian Metamorph enters the battlefield as a copy of target creature with mana value 5 or less, except it is a 0/1, and has changeling.
0/1
Edit: Bonus Card
Show
Hide
Segovian Summons 1GU
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may reveal a non-legendary creature card from your hand if it doesn't share a name with a creature you control. If you do, create a token that's a copy of that creature, except it's a 1/1.
IIW: Pests
Metamorph I think would take the cake for cheapest clone variant yet. Mana value 5 or less is a LOT. The first example that came into my head was making a one mana Mulldrifter. I'd consider this if it were MV 3 or less. I think that still ends up being quite strong.

Summons is also fun. I like the build-around and the encouragement to diversify your deck contents (this parenthetical is to acknowledge formats that demand this). Very nice. Probably needs to go up a bit in mana since the first one's free. Non-Legendary helps a lot.
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Aqueduct of the Ancients
Artifact Land
Aqueduct of the Ancients doesn't untap during your untap step.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may tap an untapped island. If you do, untap Aqueduct of the Ancients.
T: Add UU.

Artifact land, lol. Big fan because of the many ways to untap artifacts that this easily combos with. I assume you wanted the "you control" in there.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Segovian Influence 3U
Sorcery
Look at the creature cards in all opponent's hands, then, for each player, choose one creature card in that player's hand. Those creature cards perpetually gain "This spell costs X less to cast where X is this creature's printed power minus one." and "skulk", and their base power and toughness perpetually become 1/1.
New Phyrexia isn't the only plane attempting to spread their power to the rest of the multiverse.

I hereby name you and mergatroid the big bonkers brothers because of the big bonkers creatures you both want to be cheating out. As far as I can tell this spell doesn't offer a ton of benefit to you, right? It reduces the cost and shrinks the creature, but that just affects a card for each opponent, no? Given that the power on a lot of creatures is in their abilities rather than their stats, I'm not seeing this effect being worth spending 4 mana on a sorcery.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Segovian Dreadnought 3
Artifact Creature — Dreadnought (R)
Menace, skulk
Whenever Segovian Dreadnought deals combat damage to a player, look at the top card of that player's library. You may put it into their graveyard.
On Segovia, a terrible weapon of war. Across the Multiverse, a surprisingly effective tool for subterfuge.
2/2

IIW: A fine winter coat
Menace and Skulk make this fairly hard to block (and raise the possibility of a 2-for-1 exchange significantly). The saboteur effect is strong here, of course. The overall package looks under rate for rare, though, as you get a gray ogre that doesn't have any immediate impact or ability to do much more than trade on defense.
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Segovian Kraken 1UU
Creature — Kraken (U)
Trample
Whenever Segovian Kraken enters the battlefield or attacks, tap target creature with power 2 or less.
2/2

IIW: Create a day/night matters card that isn't a Werewolf or isn't on Innistrad (or both).
I think you're missing a "an opponent controls" clause here; it's not super intuitive if this has to tap itself as the only creature on the board. Otherwise, seems like a strong three drop for its rarity.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Colonizer Elfing G
Micro Creature - Elf Wizard (C)
T: Add G plus G for each other micro creature on the same artifact as Colonizer Elfing.
(A micro creature can't block, and its power and toughness can't be modified. As a sorcery, you may stick a micro creature onto an artifact you control. It follows that artifact's zone changes, and can't change on its own.)
0/1
MICRO lol
it can attack? even though it would take a day to get over there to the other side of the battlefield? I guess. This supertype seems limited in application.
Legend wrote:
2 years ago
Segovian Hatchling (Rare)
4U
Creature - Kraken
1/1
Shroud (This creature can't be the target of spells or abilities.)
Whenever a player draws a card, put a +1/+1 counter on Segovian Hatchling.

IIW: non-evergreen mechanic counters
I smell......... an edh card. This likely attacks as a 5/5, and only grows bigger from there. I have no idea if that's good enough in a multiplayer game, but I'll give you a hat tip or something for this.

Winner: Legend
Next: non-evergreen mechanic counters
MEG

chetoos

Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
I hereby name you and mergatroid the big bonkers brothers because of the big bonkers creatures you both want to be cheating out. As far as I can tell this spell doesn't offer a ton of benefit to you, right? It reduces the cost and shrinks the creature, but that just affects a card for each opponent, no? Given that the power on a lot of creatures is in their abilities rather than their stats, I'm not seeing this effect being worth spending 4 mana on a sorcery.
I agree that if it didn't give the effect to you, it would be overcosted, but it does give the effect to you. You look at each opponent's hand, then, for each player (You are a player) you segovian a creature. I understand that the wording can be confusing, don't worry :P. So for current standard/alchemy, you reduce their Werewolf Pack Leader to a 1/1 that still costs gg, and turn your Hullbreaker Horror into a UU bounce machine

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 2 years ago

Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Winner: Legend
Next: non-evergreen mechanic counters
As the new Mayor of Segovia, I just want to thank all the little people who made this moment possible.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

chetoos

Nezumi Trainer 2B
Creature - Rat Samurai
When Nezumi Trainer enters the battlefield, each opponent discards a card. When you cast your next creature spell, that creature enters the battlefield with an additional menace counter, and "Bushido 2" counter on it. (Bushido reminder text goes here)
2/3

Last edited by chetoos 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”