NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Gentle Repose 1W
Enchantment
Replace all instances of "dies" with "leaves the battlefield" on all permanents and spells you control.
With a soft sigh, their father was laid to rest, joining the blessed sleep for all eternity.

IIW: Draft a card from this card's spellbook.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

One with All W
Instant
Choose a keyword ability on a creature. Replace that ability with Changeling.
The knights of Thorn were famed for their xenophobia and hatred of goblins. It wasn't until they became goblins did their tempers soften.

IIW: Draft Matters Cards
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

Blitz Runner
Creature - Human Warrior {R}
Draft Blitz Runner face up.
As you draft a red or white card, you may reveal it, note its name, then turn Blitz Runner face down.
Before you shuffle your deck to start the game, you may reveal this card and any number of cards with names you noted for cards named Blitz Runner from your deck. If you do, replace each R or W symbol on the revealed cards with .
First strike
3/3

IIW: Flip TWO coins
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Upside Down 1RR
Enchantment (R)
Replace each instance of "Flying" with "Defender" on all other cards.
Cycling R

IIW: A keyword used in only one set.
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Nepenthes of Nefariousness
1bgu
Creature - Plant (R)
Remove all instances of "nontoken" from spells you cast and other permanents you control.
3/4
"You FOOL! What have you done?!" -Ugin :cussing:

IIW: Cleave
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Manaflux Architect 2RW
Creature — Dwarf Artificer (R)
Menace
All instances of "less" and "fewer" in the text of spells, cards, and permanents not named Manaflux Architect are changed to "more". All instances of "more" in the text of spells, cards, and permanents not named Manaflux Architect are changed to "less" or "fewer".
3/3

IIW: Modern-day kami
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 2 years ago

And done!
Judgments
Show
Hide
Overloading Weird: That's cute. I do wish the spellbook was a bit more curated, but I can understand that would be a lot of work. The ward effect is particularly.... 'weird', in a fun way.

Applied Mathemagician: Can't go wrong with a classic pun for a name. Neoform is also a cool card to pair with the main effect. Something I find fascinating about said effect is the kind of cards that don't scale. 'Draw a card' doesn't, but "Draw two cards" does. I appreciate that this only effects cards that are put in hand after it comes in, so it's a bit trickier to do anything crazy with. I do wonder how this interacts with something like the The Mimeoplasm. I'd guess you'd just pick two of the three for its effects and ignore the third.

Box of Very Big Cloaks: That's pretty funny. There's nothing particularly 'Goblin' about the name, but it's pretty cute. I'm unsure of how good this is or isn't, but I do like that it avoids one of the problems of this effect by allowing Goblin lords to be able to support the chosen tribe.

Disillusion: I was expecting to see at least one straight up Overload card, and this doesn't disappoint. The name works, and it's a simple design.

Gentle Repose: *cackles in flicker*. Off the top of my head, there isn't anything that should end of weird because of this. It can be very strong I feel, but build around enchantments like this are often safe.

One With All: The flavor is pretty cool, but this is very weak. This might be more interesting as enchantment that replaced the keyword, or as a mass perpetual effect.

Blitz Runner: It's not exactly text being edited, but it's still in the spirit of things. Rather interesting effect that I'd expect more in green, but white has dabbled with this in the past. Draft isn't my forte, but does this need to be rare? It doesn't seem warping enough to merit it.

Upside Down: That's quite a nasty flying hoser. Vaguely reminiscent of Raking Canopy in functionality, but a bit more total. This doesn't ignore your own fliers though, so that's something.

Nepenthes of Nefariousness: This is a pretty wild effect. Not really sure of the flavor here, but the effect is thought provoking. I think this even still functions with multiples just fine.

Manaflux Architect: This is really neat, but this combos with a wild variety of alt-win cons to win on the next upkeep. Or on that turn, if you need the element of surprise.
Winner: Cythare with Applied Mathemagician
HM: chetoos with Gentle Repose, Legend with Disillusion

Next challenge: Multicolored Nezumi (and perhaps Modern-day kami?)

Mergatroid_Jones

Traditional Kamigawa

Nezumi Farmer 1BW
Creature- Rat Peasant (R)
W: Add B.
At the beginning of your end step, gain 1 life. Then if you control 2 or more untapped legendary lands, transform Nezumi Farmer.
Nezumi farming practices have remained the same for centuries.
2/3
////////\\\\\\\\\
Kosuke, Who Remembers
()Legendary Creature- Rat Spirit (R)
W: Add BB.
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player loses 2 life unless they have you gain 3 life.
The land remembers, and so does he.
2/5

IIW: A land cycle
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Lamp-Gang Bully 1BR
Creature - Rat Rogue (U)
Haste
Lamp-Gang Bully has power equal to the number of Rats you control.
When Lamp-Gang Bully enters the battlefield, it fights target creature an opponent controls.
*/3

IIW: Celtic stuff
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Edit: Oops, too late:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Sporogeddon 2GU
Enchantment
Change the text of all spells and abilities, replacing 'destroy' to 'create a token copy of.'

IIW: fanfiction

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 2 years ago

Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Sporogeddon 2GU
Enchantment
Change the text of all spells and abilities, replacing 'destroy' to 'create a token copy of.'

That's pretty damned crazy. And can backfire pretty hard depending.

Info Scavenger UB
Creature - Rat Rogue (R)
Ward 2
When Info Scavenger enters the battlefield, exile all cards from target player's graveyard. When you do, you may search that player's library for a card that shares a name with a card exiled this way and exile it. You may cast that card for as long as it remains exiled, and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any type to cast that spell.
2/1

The Untraceable 6UB
Legendary Creature - Spirit (M)
The Untraceable costs 2 less to cast for each time you've searched a library this turn.
Flying, ward - Pay 3 life
When The Untraceable attacks, search target player's library for up a card and exile it. Then that player shuffles. You may cast that card for as long as it remains exiled, and you may spend mana as if it was any color to cast that spell.
4/5

IIW: Sound and fury

chetoos

Nashi, son of the Moon Sage 1UB
Legendary Creature - Rat Ninja (R)
Menace, Ninjitsu UB
Whenever Nashi deals combat damage to a player, tap target creature that player controls. That creature doesn't untap during their controller's next untap step.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay 2u. If you do, draw a card for each tapped creature target player controls.
2/1

(Nashi is Tamiyo's adopted nezumi son)

Last edited by chetoos 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Juancu

Master Woodchip 4GW
Legendary Creature - Rat Ninja Elder (M)
When Master Woodchip enters the battlefield, create four 1/2 green Ninja Turtle creature tokens. Distribute four secret counters among them, one for each token: Lifelink, Trample, First Strike, and Reach. (Reveal a secret counter anytime to enable it.)
T: Put a +1/+1 counter on each Turtle you control. Activate only as a sorcery.
When Master Woodchip dies, put a +1/+1 counter on each Turtle you control.
1/4

IIW: Fanfiction

Mergatroid_Jones

Modern Day Kami

Nezumi Speedcycler 1BR
Creature- Rat Artificer (R)
Haste
Vehicles you control have haste and "Crew 4"
When Nezumi Speedcycler dies, if it tapped to crew a vehicle this turn, return it to the battlefield transformed.
4/1
/////\\\\\
Seiko, Kami of the Speedways
Legendary Creature- Spirit (R)
Haste
Artifact creatures have haste.
RR: Target vehicle becomes a creature until end of turn.
When an artifact enters the battlefield under your control, you may destroy target artifact or creature.
5/2

IIW: Big white creatures that aren't angels.

Ulka

Plague Chef 1BG
Creature - Rat Shaman
Infect
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player creates a food.
Whenever a player sacrifices a food, that player gets a poison counter.
2/2

Next: Draft Matters Cards

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

Remnant of Infinite Rage 2RR
Legendary Creature - Spirit {R}
Incarnate (This creature enters the battlefield covering another noncreature, nonland permanent you control. If it can't, exile it. Ignore the permanent it's covering. Anywhere this card goes, cards underneath it also go. It has haste.)
When Remnant of Infinite Rage enters the battlefield, exile target nonbasic land an opponent controls until Remnant of Infinite Rage leaves the battlefield.
5/3

IIW: Something inspired by the mystery booster playtest cards
MEG

Juancu

Mobile Datajin U
Creature - Spirit (U)
Upgrade - Draw a card, then discard a card. (You may have this card enter the battlefield upgrading a non-creature artifact you control. When you do, trigger all upgrade abilities on that artifact's upgrades.)
1/1

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Don't have any specifically fancy judging in mind for this, and it looks like we've quickly slowed down, so let's move on! In OG Kamigawa block, rats were solely monoblack. Even outside of Kamigawa, there are only three rats that aren't monoblack (changelings don't count) - Gobhobbler Rats, Hellhole Rats, and Sanity Gnawers. There's plenty of multicolor space to explore with black, but I won't fault people for leaving black out entirely. I am hoping for some sort of nod or throwback to rat flavor (Kamigawa or otherwise), as opposed to cards that could be any race.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Traditional Kamigawa

Nezumi Farmer 1BW
Creature- Rat Peasant (R)
W: Add B.
At the beginning of your end step, gain 1 life. Then if you control 2 or more untapped legendary lands, transform Nezumi Farmer.
Nezumi farming practices have remained the same for centuries.
2/3
////////\\\\\\\\\
Kosuke, Who Remembers
()Legendary Creature- Rat Spirit (R)
W: Add BB.
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player loses 2 life unless they have you gain 3 life.
The land remembers, and so does he.
2/5

IIW: A land cycle
This doesn't really tie into rat flavor, but it's a neat effect. The flavor text on the front is a little confusing, since there weren't any clear references to nezumi farming in the OG sets. This is a weird kind of ramp that doesn't really fit Orzhov for me, and unless you expect a draft format that has a high density of uncommon legendary lands, this is just going to be the front side a lot. Expand the front side trigger to nonbasic lands and maybe fiddle with the numbers if needed, and there's something there. This could also possibly get away with being uncommon.
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Lamp-Gang Bully 1BR
Creature - Rat Rogue (U)
Haste
Lamp-Gang Bully has power equal to the number of Rats you control.
When Lamp-Gang Bully enters the battlefield, it fights target creature an opponent controls.
*/3

IIW: Celtic stuff
I like the idea of a really weak bully picking a fight it can't win, but this plays really well in a dedicated Rat deck, functioning either as a straight up removal spell or just picking off a speed bump to mess with math before attacking. I like the modality here, it's a clear throwback to various Rats that are stronger in numbers, and I could see this as an uncommon in Neon Dynasty as a biker gang rat performing a hit-and-run.
Ink-Treader wrote:
2 years ago
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Sporogeddon 2GU
Enchantment

That's pretty damned crazy. And can backfire pretty hard depending.

Info Scavenger UB
Creature - Rat Rogue (R)
Ward 2
When Info Scavenger enters the battlefield, exile all cards from target player's graveyard. When you do, you may search that player's library for a card that shares a name with a card exiled this way and exile it. You may cast that card for as long as it remains exiled, and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any type to cast that spell.
2/1

The Untraceable 6UB
Legendary Creature - Spirit (M)
The Untraceable costs 2 less to cast for each time you've searched a library this turn.
Flying, ward - Pay 3 life
When The Untraceable attacks, search target player's library for up a card and exile it. Then that player shuffles. You may cast that card for as long as it remains exiled, and you may spend mana as if it was any color to cast that spell.
4/5

IIW: Sound and fury
Info Scavenger is sort of an odd duck. You're almost definitely not running it out on turn 2 if at all possible. If I were to tweak this at all, it would be to just exile the graveyard and you pick a card in the graveyard to cast. Searching the library for a second copy has a couple issues: 1) in Limited, there's a decent chance you're going to whiff entirely (especially since this doesn't let you use this to save a missed land drop if somehow a basic land ends up exiled this way), and 2) searching an opponent's library is time consuming. Minor 3) that this technically doesn't prompt anyone to shuffle, which is another few words of text to add to the text box. I like what you're going for here, but I'd personally omit the library portion entirely, and then you have a clean and compelling Gonti/Snapcaster variant. I'd also limit it explicitly to nonlands or say "play" here, so you don't end up with a weird digital issue where the client will let you choose a land per the wording of the ability but then not let you play it.

The Untraceable has some somewhat similar issues. I think that it's less notable here - this is a flashy mythic that is likely to quickly turn the tide of the game. Triggering on attack instead of combat damage may make this extra "unfun", since you're going to be stealing their bombs, but you've either cast an 8-mana 4/5 or you've jumped through some hoops to make it cheaper. In a Standard format with fetchlands, this could potentially be problematic as a 4-drop.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Nashi, son of the Moon Sage 1UB
Legendary Creature - Rat Ninja (R)
Menace, Ninjitsu UB
Whenever Nashi deals combat damage to a player, tap target creature that player controls. That creature doesn't untap during their controller's next untap step.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay 2u. If you do, draw a card for each tapped creature target player controls.
2/1

(Nashi is Tamiyo's adopted nezumi son)

This is pretty neat, but the abilities on this card synergize possibly too well? You can get in a scenario where you're constantly tapping down their two best creatures indefinitely, requiring a minimum of four creatures to take out a 2/1, which feels excessive. I'd consider either dropping the menace, the "doesn't untap" clause, or possibly ninjutsu (personal preference is menace). This card just does a lot for its cost.

I'd also consider having the last sentence say "each tapped creature target opponent controls", since you're unlikely to have many tapped creatures during your own upkeep, and it's an extra click in digital, but it adds some flexibility to paper play that may warrant keeping the extra click.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Master Woodchip 4GW
Legendary Creature - Rat Ninja Elder (M)
When Master Woodchip enters the battlefield, create four 1/2 green Ninja Turtle creature tokens. Distribute four secret counters among them, one for each token: Lifelink, Trample, First Strike, and Reach. (Reveal a secret counter anytime to enable it.)
T: Put a +1/+1 counter on each Turtle you control. Activate only as a sorcery.
When Master Woodchip dies, put a +1/+1 counter on each Turtle you control.
1/4

I get the reference here, and realize that it's a 6-mana mythic, but it's...a lot. I am assuming that each token gets exactly one counter, but having "secret counters" is a bit odd and difficult to track. I'd consider pre-assigning the ability counters to make it play cleaner. Between the tap ability and the dies trigger, the amount of power this puts on the battlefield also scales pretty quickly - being a sort of Cloudgoat Ranger + Biogenic Ooze.

The flavor on this is great, and I'd love to see something like this show up, but it may need some playtesting. It could also be fine, which would be borne out in playtesting!
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Modern Day Kami

Nezumi Speedcycler 1BR
Creature- Rat Artificer (R)
Haste
Vehicles you control have haste and "Crew 4"
When Nezumi Speedcycler dies, if it tapped to crew a vehicle this turn, return it to the battlefield transformed.
4/1
/////\\\\\
Seiko, Kami of the Speedways
Legendary Creature- Spirit (R)
Haste
Artifact creatures have haste.
RR: Target vehicle becomes a creature until end of turn.
When an artifact enters the battlefield under your control, you may destroy target artifact or creature.
5/2

IIW: Big white creatures that aren't angels.
I was with you until the very last line on the back. Overall, this card feels much more red than it does black. The front feels mono-red, and the back also feels monored except for the very last word on the card. I like the overall suite of abilities, but I'd consider:
1) Making the last line only trigger on Vehicles and/or artifact creatures entering the battlefield
2) if you really need to destroy creatures on the back, or if that can just destroy other artifacts, and then this can be a mono-red card (which, admittedly, no longer meets this challenge).
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Plague Chef 1BG
Creature - Rat Shaman
Infect
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player creates a food.
Whenever a player sacrifices a food, that player gets a poison counter.
2/2

Next: Draft Matters Cards
This definitely feels Rat, but it doesn't really feel Nezumi - poison isn't something that mechanically ties into them, although they do still have a generic plaguey feel, so it's probably a fine modern-day extension of that. The playstyle is a bit odd - in order to have its second ability to be relevant, you have to be pressuring their life total (otherwise they won't activate the Foods), but if you're pressuring their life total, the poison is superfluous. I feel like this card is looking for some other way to force opponents to sacrifice things, but it would make sense if that isn't on this card and was instead an intended Limited archetype.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Remnant of Infinite Rage 2RR
Legendary Creature - Spirit {R}
Incarnate (This creature enters the battlefield covering another noncreature, nonland permanent you control. If it can't, exile it. Ignore the permanent it's covering. Anywhere this card goes, cards underneath it also go. It has haste.)
When Remnant of Infinite Rage enters the battlefield, exile target nonbasic land an opponent controls until Remnant of Infinite Rage leaves the battlefield.
5/3

IIW: Something inspired by the mystery booster playtest cards
This is obviously not a nezumi. That said, this is a neat effect that plays in a space that hasn't seen too much focus, although you casting this and then not having any targets when it resolves makes it feel like a bestow/mutate mechanic that has a potential big downside. Mechanic aside, I'm not sure that limiting it to nonbasic lands is strictly needed, but I get that this likely ties into WotC's skittishness about destroying basics. I assume if this dies, the other card leaves with it and then they're uncoupled (similar to a mutated creature leaving the battlefield or any other similar mechanic)? This card does a lot of cool stuff but leaves me with questions.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Mobile Datajin U
Creature - Spirit (U)
Upgrade - Draw a card, then discard a card. (You may have this card enter the battlefield upgrading a non-creature artifact you control. When you do, trigger all upgrade abilities on that artifact's upgrades.)
1/1
I'll admit that I don't fully get this, and the reminder text doesn't completely help. I am assuming that this is essentially mutate for noncreature artifacts. That said, is it a one-time mutate because this is now a creature, or if it's upgrading a noncreature artifact, does it stay a noncreature artifact? The reminder text implies that the latter is potentially the answer, with "trigger all upgrade abilities on that artifact's upgrades, but that could be because there will be noncreature cards with upgrade. Interesting idea, and I'd love to understand the full vision since it fits the plane well, but it definitely needs some mechanical clarification.

HM: Ink-Treader for Info Scavenger
Winner: void_nothing
Next: Celtic stuff
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Thanks for the win buddy

This can be Lorwyn or some other Celtic-ish setting
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Also there is a hidden bonus for referencing a specific race of creatures that has been used in Magic before

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

i hope it's cephalids
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Juancu

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... cMythology

Cosebod, Grim Coach 1WB
Legendary Artifact - Vehicle
If a creature would die, exile it instead.
Dead-Crew - Put creature cards with total power 4 or more exiled by Cosebod into their owner's graveyards: Cosebod becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.
5/6

Ulka

Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
i hope it's cephalids
no that me that you get bonus points for that

chetoos

Ballynock Triskelion 2WW
Artifact Creature - Triskelion
Whenever another white creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.
W, remove a +1/+1 counter from this creature: This creature deals 1 damage to any target, you gain 1 life.
3/3

IIW: "Draft a card from this card's spellbook."

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 2 years ago

The Cuimhne Cauldron (Rare)
Legendary Artifact
t: Add one mana of any color.
White cards in your hand have Eldercycling 3.
Black cards in your hand have Godcycling 3.
Red cards in your hand have Warriorcycling 3.
Green cards in your hand have Beastcycling 3.
Last edited by Legend 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”