Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Iron Raven 2
Artifact creature - Bird (U)
Flying
Whenever Iron Raven attacks, scry 2.
1/2

IIW: In the newest corr set, an uncommon signal post card for the BR sacrifice archetype got deleted. You have been told to design it by end of day.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Juancu
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Sorry, I was editing the previous post with the judgings. Get a honorary Metal star on that wonderful bird.
Now it's: Yeah Do Some Kamigawa (i love kamigawa)

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
This is some excellent timing.

@Megiddo, do you want Classic, or Neon Dynasty?
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Kamen Rider Fourze 2UB
(Yuriko, Cyber Ninja)
Legendary Creature - Human Ninja (M)
Ninjitsu - 2UB
When this creature enters the battlefield, if it's attacking, attach target equipment you control to it.
As long as this creature is equipped, it has Ward 2 and "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, Draft a card from this card's spellbook" and gets +1/+1
2/4
Spellbook:
IIW: "Draft a card from this card's spellbook"
Last edited by chetoos 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
This is some excellent timing.

@Megiddo, do you want Classic, or Neon Dynasty?
Anything you like, though we're officially in spoiler season so I am expecting rampant new-set speculation from you guys.
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

deep lore cuts WILL be appreciated. The Kamigawa novels were some of the only ones I actually read, and my flawless memory (mtg wiki) has every single word at the ready for rapid recall.
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Michiko, Heart of Kamigawa 1WU
Legendary Creature — Human Noble (R)
Whenever a source an opponent controls deals damage to you or a planeswalker you control, scry 1.
Whenever you put one or more cards on the bottom of your library, each opponent sacrifices a nonland permanent. This ability triggers only once each turn.
2/3

IIW: Samurai
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Higure's Infiltrator 1U
Creature - Human Ninja (u)
Ninjutsu 1U
Draft Higure's Infiltrator face up.
As you draft a creature card, you may reveal it, note its name, then turn Higure's Infiltrator face down.
Higure's Infiltrator enters the battlefield as a copy of the named card until it becomes the target of a spell or ability.
2/1

Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Vermins' Feast BBB
Sorcery (R)
Sweep — Return any number of Rats you control to their owners' hands. Creatures get -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the number of Rats returned this way.

IIW: Multicolored Nezumi
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Murk-Brush Kanji Magic 3B
Legendary Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player sacrifices an enchantment.
Enchantment spells you cast cost 1 less to cast for each permanent an opponent controls that was put into a graveyard from the battlefield this turn.
Pay 1 life, Sacrifice a creature: You may cast the next enchantment spell you cast this turn as though it had flash.
"Written in my own style. VERY personal." - Toshiro Umezawa

IIW: Old Tarkir
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Descendant of Golden-Tail W
Creature- Fox Samurai (U)
Bushido X, where X is the number of training counters on Descendant of Golden-Tail.
At the beginning of your end step, put a training counter on Descendant of Golden-Tail.
1/1

Descendant of Uyo 2UU
Creature- Moonfolk Wizard (U)
Flying
When Descendant of Uyo becomes the target of a spell or ability, you may return two lands you control to their owners' hands. If you do, copy that spell or ability and choose new targets for the copy.
3/3

Descendant of Seshiro 1G
Creature- Snake Shaman (U)
Other Snakes you control get +0/+1
T: Add G. You don't lose this mana as steps and phases end.
0/2

Descendant of Zo-Zu RR
Creature- Goblin Warrior (U)
When a land enters the battlefield, Descendant of Zo-Zu deals 1 damage to that land's controller.
2/2

Descendant of Ink-Eyes 2BB
Creature- Rat Ninja (U)
Ninjutsu 1BB
When Descendant of Ink-Eyes deals combat damage to a player, exile target card from that player's graveyard and create a 1/1 black Rat creature token.
4/3

IIW: Choose one card that has been banned in standard, and make a new card to replace it that wouldn't have needed a ban. The replacement should fill the same slot in the set of origin: colors, types, rarity, etcetera.

stille_nacht

Post by stille_nacht » 2 years ago

Tear in the Veil 4RWB
Enchantment - Arcane

Spirits have soulshift X, where X is one less than their mana cost.
Spirits have cascade X, where X is one less than their mana cost.

What have you done, Konda!? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!? - Sensei Hisoka

IIW: Ridiculous goblin contraptions.

Megiddo
MEG

tasty stuff, keep it coming. I'll judge tomorrow.
MEG

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

stille_nacht wrote:
2 years ago
Tear in the Veil 4RWB
Enchantment - Arcane

can i get uhhhhh one kyodai

Kakuriyo broke

understandable have a nice day
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Juancu

Budoka Hacker 3G
Creature - Human Monk Hacker
Taijutsu - Whenever Budoka Hacker fights, gain 2 life.
Whenever Budoka Hacker attacks, it fights the machine (it deals damage to an opponent's library in the form of exiling that many cards into their mainframe pile. That player may shuffle that pile into their library anytime, then you draw any number of cards.)
3/3
Last edited by Juancu 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Any number of cards?
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Juancu

Yeah, it's like a win condition for these hacker (milling) cards. Except you don't actually win by decking them, they would shuffle those cards back before losing. But that allows you to draw any number of cards, which should be quite the advantage.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Yamikage, Night's Shadow
5bb
Legendary Creature - Dragon Spirit (M)
Flying, menace
When Yamikage, Night's Shadow dies, choose one-
-You draw four cards and lose 5 life.
-Return target creature card in your graveyard with mana value 6 or less to the battlefield.
6/6

IIW: Cleave
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

Ride the Snake 2g
Enchantment - Aura (C)
Enchant land
Enchanted land is an artifact land vehicle with base power and toughness 5/5, haste and spiritcrew 1.

Iiw: Mirrodin Electrodance Party

Juancu

Augmented Serow 4GG
Creature - Beast Hacker
When Augmented Serow enters the battlefield, decode or draw a card. (To decode, exile three cards from your graveyard with different mana costs, and one equal to the sum of the others. An opponent chooses two cards exiled this way, and puts an access counter on each. An access counter enables a card to be cast.)
4/4

IIW: a high score in scrabble

Megiddo
MEG

chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Kamen Rider Fourze 2UB
(Yuriko, Cyber Ninja)
Legendary Creature - Human Ninja (M)
Ninjitsu - 2UB
When this creature enters the battlefield, if it's attacking, attach target equipment you control to it.
As long as this creature is equipped, it has Ward 2 and "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, Draft a card from this card's spellbook" and gets +1/+1
2/4 IIW: "Draft a card from this card's spellbook"
Within seconds of seeing this entry I had typed out the following:
Ninja Guy [cost]
Creature - ninja
ninjutusu [cost]
When ETB, if you ninja'd it in, draft a card from ~'s spellbook and exile it. ~ becomes a copy of that card.
P/T
But going back to your card, I do think this could use a little bit of streamlining. The equipment clause is neat, as is the spellbook idea, but it feels like a lot when put together.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Michiko, Heart of Kamigawa 1WU
Legendary Creature — Human Noble (R)
Whenever a source an opponent controls deals damage to you or a planeswalker you control, scry 1.
Whenever you put one or more cards on the bottom of your library, each opponent sacrifices a nonland permanent. This ability triggers only once each turn.
2/3

Based on the name,
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I was expecting slightly more of a mirror of the leaked Kyodai, but instead I got a different kind of reference.
Looking at it by itself, I will say that this doesn't feel especially WU to me. I'm feeling more B.
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Higure's Infiltrator 1U
Creature - Human Ninja (u)
Ninjutsu 1U
Draft Higure's Infiltrator face up.
As you draft a creature card, you may reveal it, note its name, then turn Higure's Infiltrator face down.
Higure's Infiltrator enters the battlefield as a copy of the named card until it becomes the target of a spell or ability.
2/1

More ninja. Excellent. Draft-matters mechanics. Most Excellent. Here is a guy who pays attention & is not above playing to the judge. Anyway, I like the card a lot. It probably is severely undercosted (the potential ETB effects alone!), but yeah, direct hit as far as personal enjoyment goes.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Vermins' Feast BBB
Sorcery (R)
Sweep — Return any number of Rats you control to their owners' hands. Creatures get -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the number of Rats returned this way.

IIW: Multicolored Nezumi
Man, Sweep. That certainly was a mechanic. Returning something other than lands is at least an iteration of this mechanic that doesn't make me feel physically ill. Harmonious to return creatures for a sweeper spell (pun acknowledged, btw). Rats like to populate the battlefield, and a card that can kill everything else while allowing a reset is likely very strong. Outside of The Rat Deck, though, it's completely blank. Commander deck material.
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Murk-Brush Kanji Magic 3B
Legendary Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player sacrifices an enchantment.
Enchantment spells you cast cost 1 less to cast for each permanent an opponent controls that was put into a graveyard from the battlefield this turn.
Pay 1 life, Sacrifice a creature: You may cast the next enchantment spell you cast this turn as though it had flash.
"Written in my own style. VERY personal." - Toshiro Umezawa

IIW: Old Tarkir
Toshi's kanji magic was fun, to my recollection, and here we have a bit of an expansion. If I open my brain a bit and think "enchantments = kanji magic," I like this a lot, especially the final ability's implication of blood for ink (which, again straining my memory, was either a requirement or otherwise used extensively for Toshiro's magic). Clever.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Descendant of Golden-Tail W
Creature- Fox Samurai (U)
Bushido X, where X is the number of training counters on Descendant of Golden-Tail.
At the beginning of your end step, put a training counter on Descendant of Golden-Tail.
1/1

Descendant of Uyo 2UU
Creature- Moonfolk Wizard (U)
Flying
When Descendant of Uyo becomes the target of a spell or ability, you may return two lands you control to their owners' hands. If you do, copy that spell or ability and choose new targets for the copy.
3/3

Descendant of Seshiro 1G
Creature- Snake Shaman (U)
Other Snakes you control get +0/+1
T: Add G. You don't lose this mana as steps and phases end.
0/2

Descendant of Zo-Zu RR
Creature- Goblin Warrior (U)
When a land enters the battlefield, Descendant of Zo-Zu deals 1 damage to that land's controller.
2/2

Descendant of Ink-Eyes 2BB
Creature- Rat Ninja (U)
Ninjutsu 1BB
When Descendant of Ink-Eyes deals combat damage to a player, exile target card from that player's graveyard and create a 1/1 black Rat creature token.
4/3

IIW: Choose one card that has been banned in standard, and make a new card to replace it that wouldn't have needed a ban. The replacement should fill the same slot in the set of origin: colors, types, rarity, etcetera.
Cycles, cycles.
Overall, not bad. Somebody else recently had an issue with cycles as entries; I'll submit mine: In this context, you lose a bit of the magic when you present all of them at once. It would be different in a full set, where it's less likely you see them all at the same time. For here, pick the best one and let it shine. My favorite here is Uyo's Descendant, which you did more with than just weaken and/or tune down numbers from the original.
stille_nacht wrote:
2 years ago
Tear in the Veil 4RWB
Enchantment - Arcane

We go back to the very beginning here, referencing that moment when Konda actually crosses over into the spirit world... leaving this tear. This is kind-of sort-of referenced in Part the Veil, though I'll admit this as separate. Anyway, this is a big wacky enchantment that would be a ton of fun to have around, especially since it's symmetrical. One point of clarity, cascade X is different from cascade? So I cast a Kami of the Painted Road with this in play and I cascade looking for cards that cost three or less?
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Budoka Hacker 3G
Creature - Human Monk Hacker
Taijutsu - Whenever Budoka Hacker fights, gain 2 life.
Whenever Budoka Hacker attacks, it fights the machine (it deals damage to an opponent's library in the form of exiling that many cards into their mainframe pile. That player may shuffle that pile into their library anytime, then you draw any number of cards.)
3/3
I'll admit to being a bit confused by this. It seems a little pointless. Though, given the flavor of "fighting the machine," that may be the point.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Yamikage, Night's Shadow
5bb
Legendary Creature - Dragon Spirit (M)
Flying, menace
When Yamikage, Night's Shadow dies, choose one-
-You draw four cards and lose 5 life.
-Return target creature card in your graveyard with mana value 6 or less to the battlefield.
6/6

IIW: Cleave
Another of the new dragon cycle for NEO. I like the callback to soulshift here. The body and size of the death effects seems appropriate for the cost.
Pygyzy wrote:
2 years ago
Ride the Snake 2g
Enchantment - Aura (C)
Enchant land
Enchanted land is an artifact land vehicle with base power and toughness 5/5, haste and spiritcrew 1.

Iiw: Mirrodin Electrodance Party
Spiritcrew seems very limited, but I think this is a cute package. I'm maybe missing the reference here, though I think of Snake Way (I don't think this is it).
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Augmented Serow 4GG
Creature - Beast Hacker
When Augmented Serow enters the battlefield, decode or draw a card. (To decode, exile three nonland cards from your graveyard, with one of their mana costs equal to the sum of the two others. An opponent chooses two, and puts an access counter on each. An access counter enables a card to be cast.)
4/4

IIW: a high score in scrabble
I think Decode has a little too much complexity to be a keyword action. I do like it though, Getting past that, I don't think this effect is green.

Winner: void_nothing
Next: Old Tarkir
MEG

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

The idea for my card was based on the Kamen Rider franchise, hence the godzilla treatment at the top. Kamen Riders all get morphers, which give them a suit of tech, therefore, equipment powering up Yuriko.

Pygyzy

My inspiration is a combination of nature vs tech, turning the land into a vehicle. I chose the name because I like making cards with song lyrics (The Doors).. I tried different flavor ideas but they didn't translate well (Originally flavored as a motorcycle street gang lol), So I thought of Riding the Dilu Horse and came up with Ride the Snake. :)
Last edited by Pygyzy 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

I want to be able to judge tomorrow. So, you know, get em in

Pygyzy

Silumgar Siege 1Ub
Enchantment (R)
As Silumgar Siege enters the battlefield, choose Rise or Fall.
Rise - At the beginning of each combat, target creature gains flying and deathtouch until your next turn.
Fall - At the beginning of your end step, gain control of target creature until your next turn.

Iiw: Alliteration

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”