NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Greatbellow Mentor GG
Creature- Elf Warrior (U)
Green Creatures you control have haste.
On hearing the call, elves who had lived peaceful lives stood next to the warriors.
1/2

IIW: A planeswalker who has only been done one time. (Aminatou, Basri, Calix, Dack, Dakkon, Davriel, Estrid, Freyalise, Geyadrone, Grist, Jeska, Koth, Lord Windgrace, Niko, Oko, Serra, Tevesh Szat, Teyo, the Wanderer, Tyvar, Venser, or Xenagos)

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

I had an idea to judge this contest as Garruk and Vivien, but then I saw the time, and I have to be up early tomorrow, and there's 11 entries, so you're getting quick and dirty judging here.
vishamon wrote:
2 years ago
Froghegoyf gg
Creature — Frog Lhurgoyf (R)
Trample, haste
Froghegoyf's power is equal to the number of card types among cards in all graveyards.
Splish splash
*/3

IIW: potatoes
Very powerful, obviously a reference to good ol' tarmy. Maybe the flavor text should reference that? Either way, very powerful, probably too good. Should likely only count one side of graveyards.
Legend wrote:
2 years ago
Giant Sloth (Uncommon)
2GG
Creature - Beast
4/4
Affinity for Forests
Last strike

IIW: colorless aura
In limited, this is only ever going to cost 2 mana, but it's a very good power level. I'd like to see it cost at least 3 generic, so you need at least 3 lands to cast it regardless, but very nice.
lookingupanddown wrote:
2 years ago
Unrelenting Kavu 2GG
Creature - Kavu (R)
Trample
Whenever Unrelenting Kavu is blocked by one or more creatures, it gains +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the greatest power among other attacking creatures you control.
Nothing on Yavimaya can truly stop it.
4/4

IIW: White and/or Black elementals
This is terrifying, and really encourages going tall, which stompy wants to do. Very nice.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Mystic Resonance 1GG
Enchantment (R)
Whenever you cast a your first creature spell each turn, choose one:
- If it's a creature card with a mana ability, draw a card.
- You may sacrifice two creatures you tapped for mana this turn. If you do, copy that spell.

IIW: that's so Metal!
I'd like to see the second option sacrifice just any tapped creatures. The standard G stompy deck doesn't play mana dorks generally, but being able to upgrade small creatures that you attacked with, or even crewed with, to copy creatures sounds great.
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Nyxfont Hydra XG
Enchantment Creature — Hydra (R)
Bestow XGG
Trample
Nyxfont Hydra enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
Enchanted creature has trample and gets +1/+1 for each +1/+1 counter on Nyxfont Hydra.
0/0

IIW: An Elder for a tribe that doesn't have any Elders yet
Honestly, this is such a clean design, I love the whole of it. Just a great card.
Phyrexian Editor wrote:
2 years ago
Kukunohime, Kami of Rest gg
Legendary Creature—Spirit {R}
t: Add g.
Whenever a Druid you control becomes untapped during your untap step, add g. Until end of turn, you don't lose this mana as steps and phases end.
A beam of sunlight, softened by canopy, glinting off a serene pool under a grove of cedars. There she dwells.
2/3

IIW: A mechanic that creates a new game piece (like Daybound or Venture).
This card is more for ramp, which I feel is distinct from stompy, though close enough to have some overlap. Still, really helps get some big powerful creatures out earlier.
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Simic SymbioteGG
Creature - Leech Lizard Mutant (U)
Evolve
Whenever another nontoken creature enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on it as long as it has a greater power or toughness than Simic Symbiote.
1/1

IIW: A simic bioengineer made his way to Theros and is making mutant hybrids
This helps other creatures get bigger when it evolves, really encourages interesting play patterns as well, I like that.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Merfolk Mystic G
Creature - Merfolk Druid {R}
Merfolk Mystic enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters on it if you control another Merfolk.
T: add G. Activate this ability only if Merfolk Mystic doesn't have any +1/+1 counters on it.
1/1

IIW: snow
This is a card that I also just love. A mana dork early for your merfolk deck, but not useless later. I do worry about having 10 power on turn 3, though.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Blooming Armodon 1GG
Creature - Elephant (U)
Whenever Blooming Armodon attacks, defending player may remove it from combat. If that player does, add GG to your mana pool. Until end of turn, you don't lose this mana as steps and phases end.
4/4
This drawback isn't good enough for you. What if you don't have anything to cast? Then this card is just dead. I'd like if the opponent had to do something, like tap a creature at least, in order to send it back, or if it drew you a card or something.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Stalking Dryad GG
Creature — Dryad Scout (R)
Menace
When Stalking Dryad enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.
You may cast Stalking Dryad from your graveyard by discarding two basic land cards in addition to paying its other costs.
3/1

IIW: Un-Iverses Beyond
This is a terrifying recursion piece, especially since it gets you one of the lands you need to discard for it. I'd like if it could be any lands, not just basics to bring it back, though.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Greatbellow Mentor GG
Creature- Elf Warrior (U)
Green Creatures you control have haste.
On hearing the call, elves who had lived peaceful lives were standing next to the warriors.
1/2

IIW: A planeswalker who has only been done one time. (Aminatou, Basri, Calix, Dack, Dakkon, Davriel, Estrid, Freyalise, Geyadrone, Grist, Jeska, Koth, Lord Windgrace, Niko, Oko, Serra, Tevesh Szat, Teyo, the Wanderer, Tyvar, Venser, or Xenagos)
Oh wow, you've officially broken elves in modern with this card, that sounds terrifying. yikes. Powerful, definitely, just... a little too much, I think.

HM: Ulka. I really wanna do a simic planeswalker doing stuff on theros, but the winner is just so clean.
Winner: Spacemonaut for Nyxfont Hydra

Next: An Elder for a tribe that doesn't have any Elders yet

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Stalking Dryad GG
Creature — Dryad Scout (R)
Menace
When Stalking Dryad enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.
You may cast Stalking Dryad from your graveyard by discarding two basic land cards in addition to paying its other costs.
3/1

This is a terrifying recursion piece, especially since it gets you one of the lands you need to discard for it. I'd like if it could be any lands, not just basics to bring it back, though.
Requiring basics was part of the balancing act I figured would restrict its usage outside of monocolored decks (and would potentially make the recursion slightly less consistent), which came out of an offline discussion about retrace being extremely consistent if properly pushed in a multicolored deck. The other idea was to shave the ETB trigger, but then I end up losing out on the double-meaning of "stalk", so that wasn't going to happen.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Mygg Myolingteth 1BBBB
Legendary Creature- Elder Horror (M)
At the beginning of each player's combat step, Mygg Myolingteth phases out.
You may cast Myg Myolingteth from your graveyard. It costs an additional 5 life to cast in this way.
You may cast creature spells from your graveyard. They cost an additonal 3 life to cast in this way.
13/1
Bonus Elders
Show
Hide

The Tree of Ages 5GGGGG
World Creature- Elder Treefolk (M)
Defender
At the beginning of each upkeep, put a growth counter on target permanent. That permanent is a forest land, and loses all other types for as long as it as a growth counter. Then if all permanents are forests, you win the game.
Sacrifice a forest: The Tree of Ages loses defender and gains indestructible until end of turn.
10/16

Elder Fire Elemental 7RR
Creature- Elder Elemental (R)
T: Elder Fire Elemental deals damage equal to its power to any target.
9/3

Elder Earth Elemental 7RR
10/20

Elder Water Elemental 7UU
When Elder Water Elemental enters the battlefield, return all lands to their owners' hands and tap all creatures.
5/5

Elder Air Elemental 7UU
Flying
Creatures your opponents control get -5/-0
7/5

IIW: Mana ramp with no green and no artifacts
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 2 years ago, edited 6 times in total.

chetoos

Lhurgoyf, the first maw 3GG
Legendary Creature - Elder Lhurgoyf (M)
Trample, Lhurgoyf, the first maw's power is equal to the number of creature types among creature cards without changeling in your graveyard, and its toughness is equal to that number plus 1.
1g, Mill 4 cards: Draft a card from Lhurgoyf's spellbook. It perpetually gains "You may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast this spell." Activate this ability only once each turn
Your words of warning die in your throat, and that which dies grows the Lhurgoyf.
*/*+1

Spellbook: IIW: Reference a piece of flavor text
Last edited by chetoos 2 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Lhurgoyf, the first maw 3GG

Spellbook:
saffi eriksdotter
:o oH...Oh my...
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

Samgagju, of Many Paths 2WUBR
Legendary Creature - Elder Sphinx {M}
Flying, ward 3
If a player would draw a card, that player exiles that card with a time counter on it instead. Until end of turn, that player may play that card.
During your turn, you may play cards from exile with time counters on them.
4/5

IIW: another timeline
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Jasper, Hoofbeat Prime RGW
Legendary Creature — Elder Horse (R)
Haste
Other Horses you control have haste.
Creatures you control with haste can't be blocked except by creatures with haste.
Whenever a creature you control with haste dies, gain life equal to its power.
He remembers the first hoofbeat and will be witness to the last.
3/3

Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Town Elder 1W
Creature - Elder Human (U)
Frail (Double any damage this creature takes in combat)
At the beginning of each upkeep, scry X, where X is the number of humans you control and then if you control only creatures with power 2 or less, draw a card .
0/3

IIW: A simic bioengineer made his way to Theros and is making mutant hybrids
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

stille_nacht

Post by stille_nacht » 2 years ago

EDIT: misread which IIW we were doing, will revise

Ipid, the Endless One G
Creature - Elder Slime (M)

You may have any number of copies of Ipid, the Endless One in your library.
Sacrifice Ipid, the Endless One, search your library for up to two cards named Ipid, the Endless One, reveal them, put them into your hand, then shuffle.

At first it was a nuisance. Then they were an infestation. Then a plague. Then a calamity.
1/1

IIW: Ridiculous goblin contraptions
Last edited by stille_nacht 2 years ago, edited 7 times in total.

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Tamatoa, Lalotai Hoarder 2BU
Legendary Creature - Elder Crab
Ward - 2 and mill two cards
Whenever an opponent mills, exile those cards and put that many +0/+1 counters on Tamatoa.
X, Remove X counters from Tamatoa: Until end of turn, you may cast a permanent card exiled by Tamatoa with mana value X without paying its mana cost.
2/3

IIW: That's Metal!
Last edited by Juancu 2 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

@stille_nacht is your entry supposed to say Demon Monk or is that an error? The challenge is to create Elders. (and note additionally Demons are one of the four tribes to already have an Elder Demon, so also not allowed.)

TacticalCelebrant

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 2 years ago

Gralne, Lord of the Feast Hall 2UBB
Creature - Elder Faerie (MR)
Flying
Whenever an opponent sacrifices a Food token, you may gain control of target creature that player controls.
T, Sacrifice a creature: Target player creates a Food token (It's an artifact with "2, T, Sacrifice this artifact: You gain 3 life.")
T, Sacrifice a creature: Target player sacrifices a Food token and gains 3 life.
2/5

Trying to evoke the food chains trope.

IIW: An instant or sorcery that can make a token

chetoos

@spacemonaut Should probably judge soon?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

It hasn't even been two days, smh unrealistic speed standards round here
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

I'll be judging tomorrow, in the morning or as early as I can be properly combobulated for it. Xmas festivities were had today for the imminent and unstoppable arrival of the unseen elder of the yuletide who we cannot keep out from our homes no matter how we try, even if we do not have chimneys down which to descend, and even if we lay out milk and cookies to drive it away. Hold each other close for it is too late.

anyway

P͙̝͇̮̘͉̣̥U̵̧̫̳͓̳̯͜T́҉̻͉̺͔̹̬ ̶̫̻̦̠Y̷̮̙̫̘̞̬͇̖͝Ó͚̖̲͠U̴̱̜̹̦̮͕͍ͅR̟̗̪̜̝͙̣̺͠ ̦̼̲ͅE̷͓̩͘ͅĹ̝͓̖͠͠D̶̡̞͝E̸̬̞̗̼̱̭̻͡R͎̼̩̤̠͔S̡̘̠̥̜̳͙ ͏̝̹̩̠͜ͅF̨̳͖̠͔͎̳́Ơ̮̜͖̱͝R̛͕̥̞̪̱͔̟͘W̶͈A̷̡̪̲̻̣̺̱̲R̶͓̝̘D̨͚̺͎̲̰̦̮̀͟ ̲̮̙̰̰́F̹̫̣͍̠̲̳ͅƠ̷̢̪̜R̵̠̗͖̖͖͓̕͘ ̵̪̰̟J̡̫̺͉̰̮̠U҉͙̩̹D̡̗̯͖͉̮̼G̶̛͇̭̖̟̘̲̞͝È̴͖̬͈͍͖̩ͅM̸̶̙̗̬͖̪̼É̶̙̞̮̠̫̩̲N̶̻̟̣̰̼̹̯ͅT̹̺̦͇̹̤͚̩̝͘

thx

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Phabros, the Oceanshaper 7UUU
Legendary Creature - Elder Octopus (M)
Islandwalk, vigilance
When Phabros enters the battlefield, if you cast it, mill the top half of your library, rounded up. You may put an Island card from your graveyard onto the battlefield, then each of your opponents may pay 1. Each opponent who does so may put an Island card from your graveyard onto the battlefield under their control. Repeat this process until no player puts an Island card onto the battlefield.
Dweller in Zendikar's deep, Lorthos's almighty ancestor.
10/10

IIW: Humans with no other creature type
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
It hasn't even been two days, smh unrealistic speed standards round here
recommended speed for nexus flamingo

(btw: if anybody is at PAX UNPLUGGED—let me know)
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The Ever-Honored 4WB
Legendary Creature - Elder Noble (M)
As The Ever-Honored enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
Other creatures you control of the chosen type get +2/+2.
Creatures you don't control of the chosen type can't block.
T: Return target permanent card of the chosen type from your graveyard to the battlefield.
T: Destroy target permanent of the chosen type.
4/4

IIW: Mirrored things

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Nameless Soul-Spark 1
Creature - Elder Spirit (R)
Ward 1
1, T, Sacrifice Nameless Soul-Spark: You may put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield. Activate only as a sorcery.
4, T, Sacrifice Nameless Soul-Spark: You may put an Elder, Spirit, or planeswalker card from your hand onto the battlefield. Activate only as a sorcery.
1/1

IIW: Evergreen keywords in interesting colors

Megiddo
MEG

imagine……

an elder fish

with hexproof (it goes underwater)

and every turn it grows ( but it has defender)

and when it dies you draw a card and gain life. but if it's big enough, you draw MORE cards and gain MORE life

it's blue
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

IIW: a mystery booster-style playtest card
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Yao-Yuang, Primal Carp 1WU
Legendary Creature - Elder Fish (M)
Hexproof, defender
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on Yao-Yuang.
When Yao-Yuang dies, you gain life and draw cards equal to its power.
1/1

IIW: a mystery booster-style playtest card

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Vannad, Who Is the Sun 4WWW
Legendary Creature - Elder Elemental (M)
Flying
Spells you cast during combat cost 3 less to cast.
Whenever an attacking or blocking creature you don't control becomes the target of a spell, exile that creature.
"In the first moment of the morning justice must be done. This is immutable law." - Safflower Scriptures
6/6

IIW: Nightmares outside of black

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Skralk-Mabra 4RG
Legendary Creature - Elder Drake (M)
Flying, prowess, trample
Whenever Skralk-Mabra attacks, it deals damage equal to its power to each Dragon and each planeswalker.
No trespassing!
4/5

IIW: Soulbond

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”