get your troll entries in

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Thrun, the First Troll 4GG
Legendary Creature - Troll Shaman (M)
Hexproof
1G: Regenerate Thrun, the First Troll.
If Thrun, the First troll is the first spell you cast this turn, create Svella, Mother of Trolls a Legendary 3/3 green Troll creature with "At the beginning of your upkeep if you control two or more Troll creatures, create a 2/2 green Troll creature token with Hexproof."
He suffered for eternity until he found her.
4/4

IIW: Love in the Multiverse
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Summit Prowler
2rr
Creature - Yeti
4/3
"Ruh rawr ruh rau ruh rah, ruh roh raw, rawgh? Ruh rawr ra rawr ruh ruh ru rag rawr, rug rawg ra raw rawg ruh rah ruagh ra rugh. Rughh rawr raw rughh roh ru raw rawr!"

Lowland Hunter
3g
Creature - Human Barbarian
4/3
"Do you not hunt the humans of the valley, yetiling? Their buttocks are meltingly soft like the hump of a mammoth, their spleens as gamey as that of a monkey. They are mighty fine-eating, so to speak." -Gurga, yeti of the high peaks
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Rayne of the Weatherlight 2UU
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (R)
Ward 2
When Rayne enters the battlefield, scry 2.
Whenever you cast your second spell in a turn, put up to one target instant or sorcery card in your graveyard into your library second from the top. If Rayne is enchanted, return that card to your hand instead.
To keep her daughter safe, she took her place on the skyship's grand mission.
2/2

IIW: Enhanced spells ("If COLOR was spent to cast this...")
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Jace Without Trauma 1U
T: Draw a card, then discard a card.
"People's thoughts just come to me. But I can tell if it's them or me thinking and I avoid using this power if it isn't needed, like a well-adjusted human being."
0/2

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Godo and Konda 6RW
Legendary Creature - Human Barbarian Samurai (M)
Indestructible, haste
Bushido 4
Other Barbarian and Samurai creatures you control have indestructible, haste, and "Whenever this creature deals combat damage, if it's attacking, it deals damage equal to its power to any target."
If any two men could conquer a plane together it is them.
4/4

IIW: Turtle Hydras of Eldraine
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Sporegorger_Dragon

Geri, Cabin Boy
1uu
Legendary Planeswalker - Jace (R)
+1: Target player draws a card, then discards two cards.
0: Until end of turn, Geri, Cabin Boy becomes a blue Human Pirate creature that has base power and toughness 2/2 and gains "When Geri deals damage to a player or planeswalker, draw a card." He can't be blocked this turn.
-2: Target Pirate creature can't block or be blocked this turn.
<2>
"Aye, he's forgetful, scatter-brained, always jumpy and hearing voices and screaming us awake with his nightmares, but he's a fair-enough cabin boy." -Admiral Beckett Brass

If Jace never met Vraska on Ixalan.

IIW: Make me laugh

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

JUDGING HAS COMMENCED

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Jace, Insightful Consul 1UU
Planeswalker - Jace
+1 - Scry 1, add
-3 - Return target creature to its owner's hand. Your opponents can't cast spells with the same name as that creature until your next turn.
-6 - You get an emblem with "whenever an artifact enters the battlefield under your control, you may scry 1, then draw a card."

Chandra, torch of resistance 2RR
Legendary Creature - Human Shaman
Instant and sorcery spells you cast can't be countered.
If a source you control would deal noncombat damage to an opponent or a permanent an opponent controls, it deals that much damage plus 2 instead.
"That Beleren always seems to know what we're thinking, but he won't see this coming!"
2/4

Baral, Ousted chief 1UR
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
Instant and Sorcery spells you cast cost 1 less to cast.
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Baral deals 1 damage to any target
"I'll get back at that Beleren, if it's the last thing I do. I know he's a mage."
1/3

(In this world, Jace's first walk was to Kaladesh, not Ravnica). Also, it's intentional that Jace can't survive a first turn bounce, it's to make the card less annoying to deal with.

IIW: godzilla style (IE another franchise art) for the upcoming innistrad sets.
Very beautiful timeline. Kiran is possibly even alive still!

Jace: I appreciate what you did there with the –3. If you use that off the bat, it's just a pretty nice sorcery. The whole card seems pretty great and it can actually die to Fry.

Chandra and Baral both provide very beautiful abilities I don't think I've seen in this combination before that super belong together. I also really appreciate that Baral and Chandra would both benefit from working together in the same deck.

SCORING —
Parents: 2/2
Rebellion: 100%
Krishnath wrote:
2 years ago
Nissa, Scion of Emrakul 2BB
Legendary Planeswalker - Nissa (M)
Devoid
+1: Create a 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn creature token with "Sacrifice this creature: Add C to your mana pool."
0: Each player sacrifices a creature or planeswalker.
-8: Create a 9/7 colorless Eldrazi creature token with Annihilator 2.

This represents a Nissa that was corrupted by the Eldrazi when she sparked.

Liliana, Defiant Healer 1WW
Legendary Planeswalker - Liliana (M)
Whenever you gain life, put that many loyalty counters on Liliana, Defiant Healer.
0: Put a lifelink counter on target creature.
0: Target creature becomes indestructible until end of turn.
-10: Until end of turn, creatures you control gain flying, indestructible and vigilance, have base power and toughness 4/4 and become white Angel creatures in addition to their other types.

This represents a Liliana, who refused the Raven Man's help when her brother fell ill.

IIW: Universes Beyond: Fallout.
Ok, yes, both wonderful timelines. I'm very happy for Liliana and very afraid for Nissa. I like your take.

Nissa will take quite a long time to work up to that -8, but I guess the trade-off is having that once-per-turn edict. I like the abilities you picked.

I really, really like the way Liliana gains loyalty and the way her first three abilities (including the static) interact. That's a very good ultimate. I might be tempted to put this up to 2WW given the speed with which that ultimate could potentially come out.

Both great concepts story-wise and mechanically. All I'd want to do is turn the dials on some of those numbers.

SCORING —
Afraid: Yes
Lifegain: A lot
Angels: So many
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Gerrard, Yawgmoth's Legacy 2BB
Legendary Creature — Phyrexian Soldier (R)
First strike
At the beginning of your upkeep, each opponent loses 1 life for each card in your hand.
2B: Untap target creature you don't control. That creature blocks Gerrard this turn if able.
4/3

IIW: Universes Beyond: Capcom
Some of these entries just stunned me and I had to stare at them for a bit. This was one of them. What an exquisite fall from grace. I love the name you picked; just really twists that dagger. A really solid card. Good job.

SCORING —
Jaw: Dropped
Scary: 100%
Chance Urza is still alive: 0%
Karn's anxiety counselling: Going well but it's seen better days
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Dragon-Khan Silumgar
4bgu
Legendary Creature - Elder Dragon (M)
Flying
When Dragon-Khan Silumgar enters the battlefield, put target permanent card not named Dragon-Khan Silumgar in a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control. That permanent gains hexproof until end of turn.
3/5
The wily rakshasa brokered the treaty that ensured the Sultai's survival, albeit under the brutal rule of a cruel despot.

In this timeline, the rakshasa don't withdraw their power from the Sultai; thus, they are in a position to bargain for better terms of surrender, and their clan identity isn't completely wiped out. Silumgar resents all these concessions he must make, yet he craves the power of the rakshasa, so he eventually acquiesces when he is assured that he will be the khan of the Sultai. Ultimately, the rakshasa are the ones who truly rule the Sultai.

Nicol-Ugin the Enigmatic
4ubbr
Flying, menace
When Nicol-Ugin the Enigmatic enters the battlefield, if you cast it, exile all cards from your hand face down, then you draw seven cards and lose 7 life.
When Nicol-Ugin dies, manifest all cards from your hand, then return all cards you own exiled with Nicol-Ugin to your hand.
7/7
Whole in body, mind, and name.

The original Elder Dragons all had two parts to their names, and each one named itself. Only the twins Nicol and Ugin had single names (Nicol added Bolas later), and each named the other instead of himself. So what if they were always meant to be one dragon?

Rubra, Ravus, and Lividus
4brrg
Flying, double strike
bg: Rubra, Ravus, and Lividus gain deathtouch and trample until end of turn.
4/6
Together they were the doom of Vaevictis Asmadi.

Merrevia Sal the Glorious
3urrw
Flying, vigilance
When Merrevia Sal the Glorious enters the battlefield, if you cast it from your hand, exile up to one target artifact card, up to one target enchantment card, up to one target instant card, and up to one target sorcery card from your graveyard.
You may cast cards exiled with Merrevia Sal.
4/5

These four Elders were introduced in the Nicol/Ugin origin story.

Rubra, Ravus, and Lividus were Vaevictis Asmadi's siblings and allies during the Elder Dragon War, but at one point they attempted to overthrow him. What if they were successful?

Merrevia Sal appears early on in the story and dies to bipedal hunters. Her death leaves a lasting impression on Nicol's mind. Here she has survived, perhaps due to Nicol-Ugin's intervention?

Silumgar: A compelling take on what the dragon timeline could've looked like, and an ability very much worth the 7 mana. (Just, bring back the most annoying creature every turn, and make it even harder to remove than "comes back every turn".)

Nicol-Ugin: Not a bad theory! And maybe he'd be a LITTLE less bent on destroying planes, but I'm not counting on it, and this time he'd run unchecked by a twin.

Thank you for saving most of the dragons. Early Dominaria stories weren't very kind to them at all. RRL and Merrevia are very decent takes on elder dragon cards.

SCORING —
Rakshasa scheme rate of acceleration: 150%
Planes: Doomed
Reanimation: Uncontained
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Kytheon, Dinosaur Knight 1GW
legendary planeswalker - Gideon (Could be Kytheon, but he's gideon in the real verse)
+1 - Until end of turn, Kytheon becomes a Human Soldier creature with power and toughness each equal to one plus the greatest power among dinosaurs you control and gains indestructible. He's still a planeswalker. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to him this turn.
0 - Target Dinosaur you control gets +2/+2 and gains Vigilance and Indestructible until end of turn.
-6 - You get an emblem with "If damage would be dealt to you or a dinosaur you control, prevent all but one of that damage"

IIW: More alt world planeswalkers!
Yes this is badass. More of this please.

I am very happy that whatever planeswalker we were going to get in Ixalan turned into Huatli instead because of people being tired with the gatewatch but wow I did't know I wanted to see Kytheon riding a dinosaur until today.

SCORING —
Dino:MIGHT!
Power: 11+
Flatline wrote:
2 years ago
Norin the Courageous 5w
Legendary Creature — Human Warrior (R)
Norin the Courageous costs 1 less to cast for each creature attacking you.
Flash
First strike, vigilance
"When the time for battle arises, which way will you run?"
4/4

IIW: Band names as black-bordered card names. (No local bands. Your band should at least have a Wikipedia page.)
The first of multiple Norins. I'm proud of him. Look how far he's come.

SCORING —
Ambush:
Threat: 100%
Fear: 0
Phyrexian Editor wrote:
2 years ago
Karn, Father of Machines 5
Legendary Artifact Creature - Golem Praetor {MR}
5, t: Gain control of target creature an opponent controls for as long as you control Karn. It becomes an artifact in addition to its other types and gains "This creature cannot attack or block" and "t: Put a -1/-1 counter on this creature. Its owner gains a poison counter."
4/8

IIW: More Sarpadian Empire flavor text
There's a bunch of moving parts here that I'm not sure work well together, but some recombination of them. I'd rather you be able to steal and use it, or make it begin to infect its owner but remain under their control. For example, a creature now gets a -1/-1 counter and gives its owner a poison counter whenever it attacks.

SCORING —
Stranth: -1/-1
Infection: Getting there
vishamon wrote:
2 years ago
Norin the Reckless
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior (R)
Norin the Reckless attacks each turn if able.
Dash 1r
"I have a great feeling about this!"
2/1

IIW: A novel split card type (not traditional, fuse, aftermath, TDFC or MDFC).
I believe in you, Norin.

SCORING —
Enthusiasm: 200%
Danger: 100%
Chance of survival: 0%
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Oona, Queen of the Fair 3{W/U}{W/U}{W/U}
Legendary Creature — Faerie Cleric Noble (M)
Flying, lifelink
Whenever you gain life, create that many 1/1 white and blue Faerie Cleric creature tokens with flying and lifelink.
3/3

IIW: Universes Beyond: Mario Franchise
This is a very kind Oona. It's the kind my opponents will only be terrified to play against after play starts, too! Nice.

SCORING —
Lifegain: 70
Faeries: 150 and increasing
Number of opponents you'll have next turn: 0
vishamon wrote:
2 years ago
Ravi, Memory Restored 1gb
Planeswalker - Ravi (M)
/+1\ Untap up to two target Swamps and/or Forests
\-2/ Create a 3/3 black angel creature token with flying.
\-8/ Destroy all nontoken permanents with a name originally printed in the expansion of your choice. They can't be regenerated.
{4}

(In this timeline, Ravi remembers that she's a planeswalker and regains her connection to green mana.)

Given CMC 3 walkers are a danger, I need to point out that this one's almost a CMC 1 walker that comes down very hard to remove (she's at 5 loyalty now and you've also played a creature for 2 this turn). I'd change some of the numbers—let's bump that cost up to 3GB maybe.

(We're also in the timeline where Wizards decided that Golgothian Sylex needed a sequel and I'm terrified.)

SCORING —
Expansions: Unsafe
Limited: Quaking in its boots
Mana: Lots
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Summit Prowler 2RR
Creature - Yeti
"Do you not hunt the yetis of the high peaks, stripling? They are as untouchable as a bird in the sky and as savage as a dragon hidden in the snow. If you try to hunt them, you will be slain just like the broodkin of Atarka have been." - Surrak, The Hunt Caller
4/3

IIW: Idioms
I am reading this as the timeline where KTK block happened the right way around. This is a good timeline. Very inspiring. Thank you. You're keeping me going.

SCORING —
Timeline betterness: 100%
spacemonaut's fighting spirit: Renewed
2 years ago
Summit Prowler
2RR
Creature - Yeti
4/3
"Do you or do you not hunt the yetis of the high peaks, stripling? Fine. Whatever. Hunt them or not, I don't care. I'm as weary as the flame-scarred bear and as cynical as the, I dunno, the pangolin or something. Just leave me alone." -Surrak, Sick and Tired

Tormenting Voice
1R
Sorcery
As an additional cost to cast this spell, discard a card.
Draw two cards.
"Oh, would you just shut up about the yetis of the high peaks?!" -Narset
This is not as good at timeline as the last one but I want you to know I appreciate you.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Summit Prowler 2RR
Creature — Yeti {C}
To hunt, or not to hunt, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep, to say we end
The heart-ache, and the thousand natural shocks
That Flesh is heir to? 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep,
To sleep, perchance to Dream; aye, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause. There's the respect
That makes Calamity of so long life:
For who would bear the Whips and Scorns of time,
The Oppressor's wrong, the proud man's Contumely,
The pangs of dispised Love, the Law's delay,
The insolence of Office, and the spurns
That patient merit of th'unworthy takes,
When he himself might his Quietus make
With a bare Bodkin? Who would these Fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscovered country, from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have,
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of Resolution
Is sicklied o'er, with the pale cast of Thought,
And enterprises of great pith and moment,
With this regard their Currents turn awry,
And lose the name of Action. Soft you now,
The fair Ophelia? Nymph, in thy Orisons
Be all my sins remember'd.
— Hamlet, the Huntcaller

4/3
I see we're in the timeline where Wizards decided to use fold-out text boxes.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Mishra's Guilt 2BR
Sorcery (R)
Each player sacrifices a creature, a planeswalker, and a land. You draw two cards and you lose two life.
Wading through the rubble of the Tolarian Academy, Mishra stopped dead in his tracks and rubbed his oil-glistened eyes. "Urza?"

IIW: The Nine Titans
I'm loving the tragic twists you're putting on the story of Dominaria and I want to see more from this timeline and what Mishra becomes after this. Thank you.

SCORING —
Crying: a little
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Sorin and Nahiri, Blood and Stone 3WBR
Legendary Planeswalker - Sorin Nahiri (M)
+2 Create a 1/1 black Vampire with lifelink.
+1 Create a Short Sword token and attach it to a creature you control.
-2 Put a prison counter on target creature. It becomes an artifact and gains "At the beginning of your upkeep, each opponent gains 2 life"
-9 Destroy 6 target permanents. Sorin and Nahiri deal 6 damage to each opponent and you gain 6 life.

Norin the Brave 2WW
Creature - Human Warrior (R)
Whenever a player casts a spell or a creature attacks, exile Norin the Brave, then return it to the battlefield. If it was attacking, it returns to the battlefield tapped and attacking.
3/2

IIW: Japan or somesuch
more norin more norin more norin
I like how you worked his blinking into this one and kept him as a brave aggressive card even then.

Sorin and Nahiri being able to be BFFs is a very good timeline and wowee do each of those abilities look gorgeous and work well together. This is a planeswalker I'd very much enjoy playing.

I'm reading this as being specifically the Short Sword and that's a great choice.

SCORING —
Bro factor: 100%
Fist bumps: Explosive
Swords: 6
Vampires: more like swordpires amirite
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Thrun, the First Troll 4GG
Legendary Creature - Troll Shaman (M)
Hexproof
1G: Regenerate Thrun, the First Troll.
If Thrun, the First troll is the first spell you cast this turn, create Svella, Mother of Trolls a Legendary 3/3 green Troll creature with "At the beginning of your upkeep if you control two or more Troll creatures, create a 2/2 green Troll creature token with Hexproof."
He suffered for eternity until he found her.
4/4

IIW: Love in the Multiverse
I'm happy for Thrun. And wow, Thrun and Svella are just ... wow, they're just, huh, rebuilding an entire race just like that there. Mechanically I love it, timeline-wise I'd like Thrun to be happy, flavor-wise I'm kind of concerned lmao.

SCORING —
Childish giggling: Inescapable
Music track: Get Lucky
2 years ago
Summit Prowler
2rr
Creature - Yeti
4/3
"Ruh rawr ruh rau ruh rah, ruh roh raw, rawgh? Ruh rawr ra rawr ruh ruh ru rag rawr, rug rawg ra raw rawg ruh rah ruagh ra rugh. Rughh rawr raw rughh roh ru raw rawr!"
Ruh roh raggy, re're rin real rouble rith ris rone!
2 years ago
Lowland Hunter
3g
Creature - Human Barbarian
4/3
"Do you not hunt the humans of the valley, yetiling? Their buttocks are meltingly soft like the hump of a mammoth, their spleens as gamey as that of a monkey. They are mighty fine-eating, so to speak." -Gurga, yeti of the high peaks
I feel like we're one parallel dimension away from yetis coming out of lightning storms and soaring through the air.
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Rayne of the Weatherlight 2UU
Ward 2
When Rayne enters the battlefield, scry 2.
Whenever you cast your second spell in a turn, put up to one target instant or sorcery card in your graveyard into your library second from the top. If Rayne is enchanted, return that card to your hand instead.
To keep her daughter safe, she took her place on the skyship's grand mission.
2/2

IIW: Enhanced spells ("If COLOR was spent to cast this...")
:'( Poor Hanna and Barrin

This take on Rayne wants you to have Auras but also wants you to be playing instants and sorceries, so I'd like to see this ability also give you back Auras. (Maybe that and her narrative justify her costing 2WU?)

SCORING —
Crying again: a little bit
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Jace Without Trauma 1U
T: Draw a card, then discard a card.
"People's thoughts just come to me. But I can tell if it's them or me thinking and I avoid using this power if it isn't needed, like a well-adjusted human being."
0/2
You're right and you should say it. Slightly less compelling as a protagonist now but we'll make do.

SCORING —
Mental health: Good
Emotional health: Good
Relationships: Probably stable
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Godo and Konda 6RW
Legendary Creature - Human Barbarian Samurai (M)
Indestructible, haste
Bushido 4
Other Barbarian and Samurai creatures you control have indestructible, haste, and "Whenever this creature deals combat damage, if it's attacking, it deals damage equal to its power to any target."
If any two men could conquer a plane together it is them.
4/4

IIW: Turtle Hydras of Eldraine
Yesssss. This is some good BFFs. That's a steep cost and it's worth it.

SCORING —
Kamigawa: Definitely conquered by these two
Kami vs Mortals: 0 to 2
Bushido: popping off
2 years ago
Geri, Cabin Boy
1uu
Legendary Planeswalker - Jace (R)
+1: Target player draws a card, then discards two cards.
0: Until end of turn, Geri, Cabin Boy becomes a blue Human Pirate creature that has base power and toughness 2/2 and gains "When Geri deals damage to a player or planeswalker, draw a card." He can't be blocked this turn.
-2: Target Pirate creature can't block or be blocked this turn.
<2>
"Aye, he's forgetful, scatter-brained, always jumpy and hearing voices and screaming us awake with his nightmares, but he's a fair-enough cabin boy." -Admiral Beckett Brass

If Jace never met Vraska on Ixalan.

Good ol Geri. Always dependable to be undependable, but he's got a good heart. I like how he plays quite a lot. :)

WINNER: @Cythare for Gerrard, Yawgmoth's Legacy. (Mishra's Guilt was also superb.)
HM: NinjaCaterpie for Sorin and Nahiri being BFFs.

NEXT: Universes Beyond: Capcom

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago

Yes this is badass. More of this please.

I am very happy that whatever planeswalker we were going to get in Ixalan turned into Huatli instead because of people being tired with the gatewatch but wow I did't know I wanted to see Kytheon riding a dinosaur until today.

SCORING —
Dino:MIGHT!
Power: 11+
Just in case it wasn't obvious, this card was one where Kytheon's first walk was to Ixalan instead of Bant. Which also means he was stuck on the plane until the immortal sun got found and turned off, but still...

vishamon
Custom Card Connoisseur

Post by vishamon » 2 years ago

spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
vishamon wrote:
2 years ago
Ravi, Memory Restored 1gb
Planeswalker - Ravi (M)
/+1\ Untap up to two target Swamps and/or Forests
\-2/ Create a 3/3 black angel creature token with flying.
\-8/ Destroy all nontoken permanents with a name originally printed in the expansion of your choice. They can't be regenerated.
{4}

(In this timeline, Ravi remembers that she's a planeswalker and regains her connection to green mana.)

Given CMC 3 walkers are a danger, I need to point out that this one's almost a CMC 1 walker that comes down very hard to remove (she's at 5 loyalty now and you've also played a creature for 2 this turn). I'd change some of the numbers—let's bump that cost up to 3GB maybe.

(We're also in the timeline where Wizards decided that Golgothian Sylex needed a sequel and I'm terrified.)

SCORING —
Expansions: Unsafe
Limited: Quaking in its boots
Mana: Lots
Yeah, I'm pretty bad at trying to balance planeswalkers. BTW, in the lore, Ravi is the one who used the Apocalypse Chime, so that's the reference for the ultimate ability, not Sylex or City in a Bottle.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 2 years ago

Capcom, eh?

X 1GWU
Legendary Artifact Creature - Reploid Warrior (M)
Whenever an artifact creature is put into a graveyard from the battlefield in a turn in which X dealt damage to it, if that creature has an ability counter, you may put that counter onto X, otherwise put a +1/+1 counter on X.
Charged Shot - GWU, T: X deals damage equal to his power to target artifact creature.
If X is put into your graveyard from anywhere, you may put him back on top of your library.
3/3

Zero Sabre 3
Legendary Artifact - Equipment (M)
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has first strike.
If the equipped creature is legendary, it gets +3/+3, and has double strike instead.
Equip 4
Equip Legendary 1W

Storm Eagle 2WW
Legendary Artifact Creature - Bird Reploid (R)
Storm Eagle enters the battlefield with a flying counter.
Storm Tornado - 1WU, T: Chose one -
• Tap target creature.
• Return target tapped creature to its owner's hand.
3/3

Flame Stag 2RR
Legendary Artifact Creature - Elk Reploid (R)
Haste
Flame Stag enters the battlefield with a first strike counter.
Speed Burner - 2RR, T: Flame Stag deals 2 damage to target creature or planeswalker.
3/2

Wheel Gator 3BB
Legendary Artifact Creature - Crocodile Reploid (R)
Wheel Gator enters the battlefield with a menace counter.
Strike Chain - 2BB, T: Target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn.
4/3

Gravity Beetle 3GG
Legendary Artifact Creature - Insect Reploid (R)
Gravity Beetle enters the battlefield with a trample counter.
Gravity Well - 3GG, T: Gravity Beetle deals 2 damage to each flying creature. All creatures lose flying and can't gain or have flying until end of turn.
4/4

Blizzard Buffalo 4UU
Legendary Artifact Creature - Ox Reploid (R)
Blizzard Buffalo enters the battlefield with a Hexproof counter on it.
Freezing Beam - UU, T: Tap target nonland permanent, it doesn't untap during its controllers next untap step.
5/5

Upgrade Pod 2
Artifact (C)
2, T, Sacrifice Upgrade Pod: Put a +1/+1 counter on target artifact creature.

Bonus, the Meme entry:

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR! 1W
Sorcery (U)
Each player skips their next attack step.

IIW: Universes Beyond: Fallout.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Megaman.exe 2UR
Legendary Creature - Human Program
Whenever Megaman.exe attacks, you may cast an instant or sorcery card from your hand with mana value less than or equal to megaman.exe's power. If you do, exert megaman.exe.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if megaman.exe is tapped, draw a card
"Hold tight, Megaman, I'm sending more chip data!" - Lan
3/3

Bass.exe 4BUG
Legendary Planeswalker - Bass.exe
Life aura-If damage would be dealt to Bass.exe, prevent 1 of that damage
+2 - Get Ability Each player exiles a card from the top of their library. You may cast those card for as long as it remains exiled, and you may spend mana as though it were many of any color to cast that spell.
-3 - EarthBreaker Until your next turn, creatures without flying can't attack
-12 - Darkness Overload Exile up to 3 target nonland permanents, and up to 3 cards from graveyards. You may cast those cards without paying their mana costs.

IIW: Godzilla style cards for Innistrad
Last edited by chetoos 2 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Silumgar: A compelling take on what the dragon timeline could've looked like, and an ability very much worth the 7 mana. (Just, bring back the most annoying creature every turn, and make it even harder to remove than "comes back every turn".)
I think you misread Silumgar; he only does it once, on entering the battlefield, and can bring back any permanent, not just creatures. So planeswalkers, artifacts and enchantments are also fair game. I tried to reference but not overshadow the original Silumgar.

Still, glad you enjoyed this round.

vishamon
Custom Card Connoisseur

Post by vishamon » 2 years ago

Dhalsim, Yoga Master
Legendary Creature - Human Monk (U)
Reach
: Dhalsim, Yoga Master gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
"Enlightenment! As long as you are not enlightened, victory will not come to you!!"
1/2

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

Galactic Tomahawk Smile 2RR
Creature — Zombie {R}
Defender
1R: Galactic Tomahawk Smile deals 1 damage to target creature or planeswalker.
"The last monster has come! There are holes everywhere. Like something might come out. What is that?! I mean really?"
1/3

IIW: colorshift a creature type in a new way
MEG

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Creature — Zombie {R}
Defender
"The last monster has come! There are holes everywhere. Like something might come out. What is that?! I mean really?"
1/3

Universes Beyond: SUDA51

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Press U
Instant (C)
Each player reveals their hand and the top card of their library.
Investigate.

Object 1U
Instant (U)
As an additional cost to cast Object, reveal a card from your hand with mana value X
Counter target spell with mana value X.

You know what the flavour text would be.

IIW: Universes Beyond: Japan or somesuch

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Creature — Zombie {R}
Defender
1/3

Universes Beyond: SUDA51
i'm here for it.
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Dr. Annette Birkin
ubr
Legendary Creature - Human Scientist (M)
T-Virus -Each creature card in your graveyard has eternalize. The eternalize cost is equal to its mana cost.
V-ACT -If one or more Zombie creature tokens would be created under your control, those tokens plus that many 3/2 Zombie Mutant creature tokens with double-strike that are blue, black, and red are created instead.
Virology -At the beginning of the end step, if a Zombie creature dealt combat damage to a player other than you this turn, you may discard a card. If you do, draw a card.
1/1

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Some notable Capcom games and series, for anyone short of ideas of what to work with:

• Resident Evil
• Okami
• Street Fighter
• Dragon's Dogma
• Monster Hunter
• Devil May Cry
• Phoenix Wright
• Breath of Fire
• Mega Man
• Darkstalkers

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

It may surprise people that despite this being my challenge, I am actually only vaguely familiar with most of Capcom's titles. I was really envisioning it being Marvel vs Capcom, but didn't want people submitting comic book superheroes, and well...here we are.

Some of the deeper references will probably be missed by me, but I'll do my best to respect your entries. Plan to judge in the next couple hours, since I will be busy most of the weekend.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Sporegorger_Dragon

Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
It may surprise people that despite this being my challenge, I am actually only vaguely familiar with most of Capcom's titles.
This here is absolutely hilarious because I can easily envision your growing dismay as you scroll down and the submissions become increasingly more niche.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 2 years ago

2 years ago
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
It may surprise people that despite this being my challenge, I am actually only vaguely familiar with most of Capcom's titles.
This here is absolutely hilarious because I can easily envision your growing dismay as you scroll down and the submissions become increasingly more niche.
Nah, it started niche, and went on from there. Lol.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Copy X UB
Legendary Artifact Creature - Elf Warrior
Flying
As Copy X entered the battlefield, choose a legendary creature an opponent controls. Copy X becomes a copy of that creature except its name is Copy X and it has all of its abilities.
At the beginning of each upkeep, Copy X gains all triggered abilities of target creature until the end of turn.
2/3

IIW: Reimagine a legendary creature originally printed in a Commander set.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”