NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

Heavy Metal 2R
(Art: A huuuge iron golem collapsing on a hapless bystander.)
Instant (U)
Tap target artifact. It deals damage equal to its converted mana cost to any target.

IIW: The black market
Last edited by spacemonaut 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 3 years ago

@Krishnath judge!

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 3 years ago

Bedazzling Bugler G
Creature- Human Bard (U)
If Bedazzling Bugler deals combat damage to a player, untap target permanent.
Bedazzling Bugler can't be blocked unless defending player plays 3.
1/1

IIW: Bonus entries don't need wins, even if their better than the initial entry.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

chetoos wrote:
3 years ago
@Krishnath judge!
Soon!
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Backstage at an amphiteather somewhere in the multiverse, a music director prepares to take a look at potential upcoming acts. As he gets comfortable behind his desk, he shouts to his assistant:

"Nina! Send in the first act!"
chetoos wrote:
3 years ago
Great Song of the Skalds 2RW
Enchantment - Saga (R)
| - Distribute X +1/+1 counters among any number of target creatures you control, where X is the number of Sagas you control.
|| - Remove up to two lore counters from another target saga you control, then put a lore counter on that saga.
||| - Up to X target creatures you control get +1/+0, vigilance, and trample until end of turn, where X is the number of Sagas in your graveyard.

Harmonious Skald 2W
Creature - Dwarf Cleric (R)
1W, T: Copy target triggered ability from a saga. You may choose new targets for the copy.
2/3

IIW: Slice of Life scenes of the gatewatch spending time together. (Bonus points if they're not just white and/or green cards)
"Ah! Skalds. Let's see..."
I see what you are trying to do here, encouraging players to play many saga's is a noble ideal, unfortunately, nine times out of ten Great Song of the Skalds's second ability won't do anything. Saga's aren't really designed to be played in a large number in decks, but rather to give you nice temporary bonuses before going away. For this card to be effective you need to play a lot of sagas, and most decks simply aren't capable of doing that without becoming so weak that the sagas would be pointless regardless. Harmonious Skald is a better card, but it doesn't really feel like a white card to me. Other than copying tokens, white doesn't really do much in the way of copying, and the ability feels more blue than white. ⭐⭐

"Wow, that was certainly something, but not really what we are looking for at this venue at the moment. Keep working on your act and you could be a star."
"Nina, send in the next act!"
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Composer of Brass XRR
Creature- Gnome Bard (R)
When Composer of Brass enters the battlefield, search your library for an artifact card with mana value X or less, reveal it, shuffle, and put that card on top of your library.
Cremation (When this is put into a graveyard from anywhere, exile it.)
0/2

Composer of Strings XUU
Creature- Human Bard (R)
When Composer of Strings enters the battlefield, search your library for an instant or sorcery card with mana value X or less, reveal it, shuffle, and put that card on top of your library.
1/2

Composer of Percussion XGG
Creature- Satyr Bard (R)
When Composer of Percussion enters the battlefield, search your library for a creature card with mana value X or less, reveal it, shuffle, and put that card on top of your library.
2/1

Composer of Wind XWW
Creature- Cat Bard (R)
When Composer of Wind enters the battlefield, search your library for an enchantment card with mana value X or less, reveal it, shuffle, and put that card on top of your library.
2/2

Composer of Voice XBB
Creature- Vampire Bard (R)
When Composer of Voice enters the battlefield, search your library for a card with mana value X or less, reveal it shuffle, and put that card on top of your library. You lose X+2 life.
1/1
Bonus
Show
Hide

Reckless Composer XR
Creature- Goblin Bard (R)
When Reckless Composer enters the battlefield, search your library for a nonland card with mana value X or less, reveal it, shuffle, and put that card in your hand. Then Discard a card at random.
1/1

IIW: Mercadia II
"A large group of composers, but no actual musicians? You do know we are looking for musical talent right? You do? Ok, so where is your band?"
"No, we don't provide musicians here, you need to bring your own!"
Interesting cards, but to be honest, they are not all that playable. For cards with X in their casting cost, I'd expect more payoff than bad tutors attached to creatures. Compare to enlightened tutor an its friends, they are instants and have a mana value of 1. ⭐

"Get some actual musicians and get back to me. Nina, send in the next act, hopefully it is a better one."
mellifluoresce wrote:
3 years ago
Music Sounds Better With You
Ongoing Scheme
At the beginning of each end step, you get a verse counter.
Creatures opponents control don't untap during their untap steps unless their power is greater than the number of verse counters you have.
When there are no creatures on the battlefield, abandon this scheme.

IIW: Nice meme
"Oh, an actual musical act."
Ok, I will be entirely honest here. I don't know much about Archenemy. But this card seem really, really, really strong. There is a reason they don't print Meekstone anymore. Still, it is a very nice execution of the effect. ⭐⭐⭐

"This one has potential, keep working at it, and you just might end up with a record contract one day. Next!"
lookingupanddown wrote:
3 years ago
Songs of Home G
Sorcery
Kicker R
Any number of target players gain control of all creatures they own. If Songs of Home was kicked, those players gain control of all permanents they own instead.
It was different for each person who heard it, but it had the same effect: a longing for home, and a wish for a return to simpler times.

IIW: Planeswalker commanders
"Another music act, and it is a solo act at that."
Now this is a magnificent card, it is a simple one shot effect, no more powerful than Homeward Path, and the flavor is on point. I could totally see this getting printed in an environment with a lot of steal effects. That said, the only detraction from the card is that it is a sorcery. I feel it would be better served as an instant. ⭐⭐⭐⭐

"That, that was beautiful, almost made me nostalgic for my homelands. Almost. Nina, I just need a moment, then you can send in the next act."
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
3 years ago
The Hills Are Alive
2g
Sorcery (U)
Until your next turn, all lands you control become 1/1 Elemental creatures with trample. They're still lands.
====================================
The Sound of Music
2w
Sorcery
Aftermath
Creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain vigilance until end of turn.

Lullaby Siren
1uu
Creature - Siren (U)
Flash
Flying
When Lullaby enters the battlefield, you may tap target creature.
Evoke u
2/1

IIW: Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant
"Sirens? I didn't know they were allowed in the city. Hey, Nina, are Sirens allowed in the city? They are? As long as they don't lure people into dark alley ways or into the canals they are free to work in the city? Excellent, now let's check out the act."
Nice reference on the first card, good synergy between the two halves of the aftermath mechanic. But it is deceptively bad. Six mana to turn your lands into 2/2 creatures with trample and vigilance until end of turn is kinda, well, bad. The siren on the other hand is a very good uncommon. Not gamebreaking in any way, but could be a useful card regardless. Good use of both Flash and Evoke, flash it in to prevent a creature from attacking or blocking temporarily. ⭐⭐⭐

"That is a very good act, and the harmonies from the sirens were enthralling."
"Nina, what is the next act? Heavy Metal? Sounds epic."
spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
Heavy Metal 2R
(Art: A huuuge iron golem collapsing on a hapless bystander.)
Instant (U)
Tap target artifact. It deals damage equal to its converted mana cost to any target.

IIW: The black market
"Nina, when you said the next act was Heavy Metal, I didn't expect you literally meant a huge iron golem with balance issues."
This is an interesting card. It is of course dependent on either you or your opponent playing artifacts, and it will usually deal between 3 and 5 damage, as that tends to be the usual upper range for playable artifacts. I could see this getting printed in an artifact heavy environment, which is a big plus. ⭐⭐⭐

"Have you considered percussion? Keep working on your act. Send in the next one Nina."
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Bedazzling Bugler G
Creature- Human Bard (U)
If Bedazzling Bugler deals combat damage to a player, untap target permanent.
Bedazzling Bugler can't be blocked unless defending player plays 3.
1/1

IIW: Bonus entries don't need wins, even if their better than the initial entry.
"It's the composers again? Only one of them, and they actually have a musician with them this time. Alright, I'll give it a listen."
This is a much better entry than the composers, seriously. While the first ability seems very green, the latter feels very white, and I think this would have been better as a 2/2 green and white multicolor card. Still, the design is solid, and it has excellent flavor. ⭐⭐⭐

"Was that all of them? It was? Excellent, that means we can take an early day today. Would you care to join me for dinner? Purely in a professional sense of course Nina, you could even bring your significant other, and I can bring mine..."

Winner: @lookingupanddown for Songs of Home.
Next: Planeswalker Commanders.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

Look, it's Nissa Again 2GG
Planeswalker — Nissa {M}
[+1]: Reveal the top card of your library. Put that card into your hand if it's a land. Otherwise, put a +1/+1 counter on each Plant creature you control and you may put the revealed card into your graveyard.
[-1]: Create a 0/1 green Plant creature token for each time you've cast a commander from the command zone this game.
[-4]: You may put any number of land cards from your hand onto the battlefield. Then untap all lands you control.
Look, it's Nissa Again can be your commander.
{4}

IIW: "design mistakes"
Last edited by Megiddo 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Wrenn and Three WG
Legendary Planewsalker- Wrenn (M)
Wrenn and Three can be your commander.
{+1}: Gain 1 life.
{-2}: You and target opponent each search your libraries for a basic land card, put them into play tapped under their owners' control, then and shuffle.
{-7}: You get an emblem with "Lands you control have exalted."
{{3}}

Daretti, Scrapmaster 3R
Legendary Planeswalker (R)
Partner, Daretti can be your commander.
{-X:} Return target artifact with mana value X from a graveyard to the battlefield under your control.
{+1:} Sacrifice an artifact. If you do, draw a card. If you can't, create a 1/1 colorless artifact Construct creature with haste.
{{5}}

Jiang Yanggu, Gracious Wayfarer 2G
Planeswalker- Yanggu (R)
Jiang can be your commander. Partner with Mowu.
{0}: Untap target creature.
{-X}: Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature. That creature gains trample until end of turn.
{2}

Mowu, Hound of Legend GG
Legendary Creature- Dog (R)
Partner with Jiang
When one or more +1/+1 counters would be put on Mowu, put that many plus 1 on it.
T: Add G. Use this mana only to cast a green planeswalker spell.
2/2

IIW: Colorshift a tribe from its usual color.
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 3 years ago

From a WotS style set where Planeswalkers are all trapped in a lotus eater machine style scenario:
Ajani, Noble Protector 3W
Legendary Creature - Cat Soldier (R)
First Strike, lifelink
Other creatures you control enter the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on them.
3/3
/Modal Double Faced Card/
Ajani, Gatewatch's Center 3GW
Legendary Planeswalker - Ajani (R)
+1 - Put a +1/+1 counter, a lifelink counter, or a vigilance counter on target creature or planeswalker you control.
-2 - Each planeswalker you control becomes a creature with base power and toughness equal to their loyalty counters until end of turn.

The second ability of Gatewatch's Center doesn't let damage remove loyalty counters, don't worry, though you can spend them down after activating that ability, and it won't change their p/t.

IIW: Slice of Life scenes of the gatewatch spending time together. (Bonus points if they're not just white and/or green cards)

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Leshrac, Nightwalker 3BB
Legendary Planeswalker - Leshrac (M)
+1: Target player discards a card.
+1: Target creature gains swampwalk until the beginning of your next upkeep.
-6: You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your end step, each opponent sacrifices a creature or land."
Leshrac, Nightwalker can be your commander.
Partner

IIW: Welcome to the biggest and best Zoo in the multiverse.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 years ago

Jace, Ravnican Ruffian
1ub
Legendary Planeswalker - Jace (R)
Each player plays with their hand revealed.
+1: Surveil 2.
-5: Target player shuffles any number of cards from their hand into their library, then draws that many cards plus one.
Jace, Ravnican Ruffian can be your commander.
<3>
The Dimir unsettle him, the Rakdos terrify him, but for some reason he fears the sphinxes most of all.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Note: This is Jace after he Sparked and went to Ravnica, where he lived for a while.

Sarkhan Vol, Dragon Wrangler

Legendary Creature - Sarkhan (M)
Whenever a Dragon creature deals combat damage to a player other than you, you may discard a card. If you do, draw two cards
+2: Until your next turn, any number of planeswalkers you control each becomes a 4/4 red Dragon creature and gains flying and haste.
-3: Search your library for a Dragon creature card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle.
-9: Any number of players each creates four 4/4 red Dragon creature tokens with flying. You then create that many tokens.
Sarkhan Vol, Dragon Wrangler can be your commander.
<5>
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Note: Sarkhan's ability trigger for any Dragon, not just the ones you own, as long as they attack a player other than you.
Sarkhan's ultimate allows any player (including yourself) to create 4 Dragons, then afterwards you create a number of Dragon tokens equal to the Dragons created this way. If you choose to have no players create Dragons, then the second half of the ability does nothing.
You can choose to have yourself create 4 Dragons, then the ability creates 4 additional Dragons.
IIW: Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 3 years ago

Teferi, Lost in Time (Mythic)
1U
Legendary Planeswalker - Teferi
[2]
[+1]: Target opponent takes an extra turn.
[0]: Skip your turn.
[-5]: Choose a step. Target player gets an emblem with "Skip the chosen step."
This card can be a commander.

IIW: Any previous IIW. Ever. From anywhere. From anyone.
Last edited by Legend 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 3 years ago

The Sundering of Alara WUBRG
Legendary Sorcery (M)
The Sundering of Alara can be your commander.
Destroy all permanents, then choose three colors. Each player may search their library for up to three monocolored permanents of any of the chosen colors and up to one basic land of each land type that could generate one of the chosen colors, put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle. Then put The Sundering of Alara onto the battlefield transformed.
//
Anorak, Alara's Reckoning
Legendary Planeswalker - Anorak (M)
+1: Exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card with mana value less than Anorak's loyalty. You may cast it without paying its mana cost, then put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
-2: Put a permanent card in a graveyard with mana value less than Anorak's loyalty onto the battlefield under your control.
-7: You get an emblem with "Spells you cast with mana spent to cast them have cascade."

IIW: Noncreature permanents with morph
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 years ago

Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
K-Karona?!
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 3 years ago

3 years ago
Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
K-Karona?!
where is your god now
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

More like Annorax
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 3 years ago

Judging soon. Feels like a slow week.
Last edited by lookingupanddown 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
where is your god now
In Hades where he rules supreme with Persephone by his side.

Mergatroid_Jones

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
where is your god now
We couldn't see on account of his helm of invisibility

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
where is your god now
We couldn't see on account of his helm of invisibility
Nah, he doesn't wear that all the time.

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

lookingupanddown wrote:
3 years ago
Judging soon. Feels like a slow week.
does feel slow.

it happens, i'm sure things will pick up again soon.
MEG

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 3 years ago

Tamiyo finally looked up from her scrolls to the man asleep in his chair. She invited him, of course, but until they started working he was generally uncooperative to be with. "This is his line of expertise, and he dotes on the children," Tamiyo repeated to herself, as if assuring that would make the sleeping figure go away faster. "Davriel," she called out into his tumultuous mind, "time to get to work."

Davriel was startled awake and almost fell out of his chair. He looked forward and saw Tamiyo staring at him through her small mountain of scrolls. "Right," he groggily replied, "let's get to work." She told him of her catalog project before he left Ravnica, and he said he'd get back to her with archived reports. It took a while, mostly because he didn't want to do anything. Eventually his own curiosity, and the knowledge that understanding his fellow planeswalkers would make it easier for them to get off his back, meant he eventually gathered enough stories from his demonic sources to show to Tamiyo.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
While the concept of planeswalker commanders is cool, the current crop have shown their problems: they tend to lead to pillow fort strategies, as you try to activate their value engine abilities. Outside of general card cohesiveness, and in the case of existing characters a connection to their themes, I'm looking for something that actively goes against a pillow fort strategy.
He opened the chest he brought and pulled out a dirt-and-chalk-covered scroll. "I had to pay several Zendikari adventuring parties for that," he said as he handed the scroll to Tamiyo. "That elf Nissa Revane had quite a story before the rest of the Gatewatch showed up."
Nissa
Show
Hide
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Look, it's Nissa Again 2GG
Planeswalker — Nissa {M}
[+1]: Reveal the top card of your library. Put that card into your hand if it's a land. Otherwise, put a +1/+1 counter on each Plant creature you control and you may put the revealed card into your graveyard.
[-1]: Create a 0/1 green Plant creature token for each time you've cast a commander from the command zone this game.
[-4]: You may put any number of land cards from your hand onto the battlefield. Then untap all lands you control.
Look, it's Nissa Again can be your commander.
{4}
This feels like a weird combination of Nissa, Sage Animist and Nissa, Voice of Zendikar. It lends to a lot of land-based (read: Avenger of Zendikar strategies, as well as a type of go-wide strategy. It feels really pillowfort-y though.
Tamiyo quickly read through the chronicle. "I knew she was one of the plane's last animists, but champion of Zendikar itself? That she never told me," Tamiyo said. "Her first non-Elf party called her Shaya because of how the earth 'screamed to her,'" Davriel lazily replied. "You saw what happened on Ravnica."

Davriel then pulled out several rolled-up pieces of paper, bound together in leather and what Tamiyo thought was a devil's tail. "These took far too long to collect. Some of our fellow Planeswalkers did more than just die on Ravnica," Davriel explained.
Lots of Planeswalkers
Show
Hide
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Wrenn and Three WG
Legendary Planewsalker- Wrenn (M)
Wrenn and Three can be your commander.
{+1}: Gain 1 life.
{-2}: You and target opponent each search your libraries for a basic land card, put them into play tapped under their owners' control, then and shuffle.
{-7}: You get an emblem with "Lands you control have exalted."
{{3}}

Daretti, Scrapmaster 3R
Legendary Planeswalker (R)
Partner, Daretti can be your commander.
{-X:} Return target artifact with mana value X from a graveyard to the battlefield under your control.
{+1:} Sacrifice an artifact. If you do, draw a card. If you can't, create a 1/1 colorless artifact Construct creature with haste.
{{5}}

Jiang Yanggu, Gracious Wayfarer 2G
Planeswalker- Yanggu (R)
Jiang can be your commander. Partner with Mowu.
{0}: Untap target creature.
{-X}: Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature. That creature gains trample until end of turn.
{2}

Mowu, Hound of Legend GG
Legendary Creature- Dog (R)
Partner with Jiang
When one or more +1/+1 counters would be put on Mowu, put that many plus 1 on it.
T: Add G. Use this mana only to cast a green planeswalker spell.
2/2
I really like Wrenn and Three. It would get played early, but doesn't want a pillowfort around itself. The second ability means politics keeps you alive, and thus you are less likely to pillowfort down for it.
Daretti occupies almost the exact same role as his precon predecessor, with slightly less card filtering. The plus ability is worded weirdly, in that it can mean either you can only get the Construct if you control zero artifacts, or have zero cards  in your deck. Daretti is usually not a blatantly pillowfort deck, so I assume the same would go here.
Yanggu and Mowu are always a treat to see. Partner with works as a flavor connection and as a way to keep partner from spiraling out of control power level-wise. Green isn't a particularly good pillow fort color unless you're playing Wall tribal or something
"I could probably weave these together as I collect the story of that fateful day," Tamiyo said as she went through the scrolls.

"This next one was pulled from a time rift decades ago," Davriel said as he dug out an oddly-bound scroll. "I'm not sure when this did, is, or will happen, but we might want to warn Goldmane about this." Davriel remembered the visions of the machine Ajani was, is, or will be bound in, and wondered how one of his demons even saw that time rift. He then wondered why the extraction was as painless as it was.
Ajani
Show
Hide
chetoos wrote:
3 years ago
From a WotS style set where Planeswalkers are all trapped in a lotus eater machine style scenario:
Ajani, Noble Protector 3W
Legendary Creature - Cat Soldier (R)
First Strike, lifelink
Other creatures you control enter the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on them.
3/3
/Modal Double Faced Card/
Ajani, Gatewatch's Center 3GW
Legendary Planeswalker - Ajani (R)
+1 - Put a +1/+1 counter, a lifelink counter, or a vigilance counter on target creature or planeswalker you control.
-2 - Each planeswalker you control becomes a creature with base power and toughness equal to their loyalty counters until end of turn.
Ajani's design space revolves around lifegain and counters, and this combines both into an MDFC walker that gets around not having "~ can be your commander" in it. While the back seems to be on the weaker side, both promote a more aggressive strategy, and should act as more of a support piece to a deck already built for aggression.
Tamiyo made a note to herself to tell Ajani to be more careful around machines, but not give him the exact details. She found that time has a tendency to exert its will more on those who want to avoid it.

"Here's the homework you gave me," Davriel said, raising a scroll made of black parchment. "Leshrac, the Nightwalker. Between the stories you gave me, my own gathered information, and the Tolarian Academy I compiled this at, this is the most comprehensive compilation in the Multiverse." Tamiyo began to speak, but Davriel cut her off with, "Don't worry, I left them a copy on Dominaria."
Leshrac
Show
Hide
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
Leshrac, Nightwalker 3BB
Legendary Planeswalker - Leshrac (M)
+1: Target player discards a card.
+1: Target creature gains swampwalk until the beginning of your next upkeep.
-6: You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your end step, each opponent sacrifices a creature or land."
Leshrac, Nightwalker can be your commander.
Partner
The Walker of Night finally shows himself. It's definitely a flavor win, between the planeswalker abilities and partner (seriously, has this guy ever worked all by himself?). That being said, this card will definitely lead to a game slowdown and a pillow fort shell growing around it.
Tamiyo's calm demeanor hid her fear and rage. She knew that planeswalkers once held godlike abilities, which they used to bend entire worlds to their will. Leshrac was the perfect example, manipulating all in his way. She felt odd that she was thankful even a creature like Bolas knew how to turn those tricks against the Nightwalker.

Davriel pulled out two scrolls tied together with an almost transparent ribbon, and laughed. "You won't believe how I got this one. I was still on Zendikar when a plaguebearing demon approached me and tried to barter my health away. It wasn't that bright, so the contract was an easy fix. It gave me two stories of two other visitors to the plane. One was that dragon maniac Sarkhan Vol, and the other is about this kid named Berrim, and his first planeswalk. You know him very well," Davriel said.
Jace and Sarkhan
Show
Hide
3 years ago
Jace, Ravnican Ruffian
1ub
Legendary Planeswalker - Jace (R)
Each player plays with their hand revealed.
+1: Surveil 2.
-5: Target player shuffles any number of cards from their hand into their library, then draws that many cards plus one.
Jace, Ravnican Ruffian can be your commander.
<3>
The Dimir unsettle him, the Rakdos terrify him, but for some reason he fears the sphinxes most of all.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Note: This is Jace after he Sparked and went to Ravnica, where he lived for a while.
Sarkhan Vol, Dragon Wrangler

Legendary Creature - Sarkhan (M)
Whenever a Dragon creature deals combat damage to a player other than you, you may discard a card. If you do, draw two cards
+2: Until your next turn, any number of planeswalkers you control each becomes a 4/4 red Dragon creature and gains flying and haste.
-3: Search your library for a Dragon creature card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle.
-9: Any number of players each creates four 4/4 red Dragon creature tokens with flying. You then create that many tokens.
Sarkhan Vol, Dragon Wrangler can be your commander.
<5>
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Note: Sarkhan's ability trigger for any Dragon, not just the ones you own, as long as they attack a player other than you.
Sarkhan's ultimate allows any player (including yourself) to create 4 Dragons, then afterwards you create a number of Dragon tokens equal to the Dragons created this way. If you choose to have no players create Dragons, then the second half of the ability does nothing.
You can choose to have yourself create 4 Dragons, then the ability creates 4 additional Dragons.
Jace returns to his card draw engine roots here, where he just draws and filters. Not sure why he picked up B, but he is prime pillowfort material.
Sarkhan, on the other hand, is a bit of many different Sarkhans, create the super Sarkhan, the SarSarkhan. It has card filtering, turning planeswalkers into Dragons, the  Dragon tutoring, and of course the numerous Dragon tokens. He's a one-(dragon-)man engine, and the Jund colors provide all the pillow fort support he doesn't actually need. Unlike Jace, he doesn't have to be pillow fort.
"Jace Beleren?" Tamiyo asked. Davriel's smirked, as if trying to hold back laughter. "I checked with our Ravnican sources, and the man himself, and that is one of the more accurate descriptions of the former Guildpact. Jace even got a little scared that this information was on Zendikar."

"Speaking of broken minds," Davriel quickly followed, "this one took three other demonologists and six warlocks to extract." He held up a metal tome, bound in red-hot chains. Davriel shook it, and the book hummed as a growl escaped from its pages. "The thing's mind was further sundered, and all I have here is its memories of one man. If you thought Teferi was a powerful chronomancer now, you should have seen him before the Mending."
Teferi
Show
Hide
Legend wrote:
3 years ago
Teferi, Lost in Time (Mythic)
1U
Legendary Planeswalker - Teferi
[2]
[+1]: Target opponent takes an extra turn.
[0]: Skip your turn.
[-5]: Choose a step. Target player gets an emblem with "Skip the chosen step."
This card can be a commander.
Teferi, Temporal Archmage is the most powerful planeswalker commander of them all. This one has absolutely no similarities other than depicted character. This quirky card needs to be protected to work (and thus requires the pillow fort). When it works, however, it... doesn't really do much. It will be kingmaker often, acting as a singular group hug effect. The 0 ability is sort of like Sundial of the Infinite, and so it will function like that. The ultimate will be very annoying over time, as you take back the turns you gave away, but without manipulation will take a very long time to achieve.
Tamiyo knew all too well why Davriel gave her this image of Teferi, She guessed he was meant to safeguard this fraction, but in his laziness he means for her to do it instead. "I'm not keeping this around the children, Davriel," she said as she slid the tome back to him. "Your loss," he replied, the slightest hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Here's the last one. Bit more of a warning than anything else," Davriel said, holding the crystal ball in his hand. He stared into it for a while, as if engrossed, then slowly gave it to the soratami. Tamiyo noticed something off, like Davriel's facade of laziness gave way for a moment into a mix of bewilderment and... fear?
Karona
Show
Hide
Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
The Sundering of Alara WUBRG
Legendary Sorcery (M)
The Sundering of Alara can be your commander.
Destroy all permanents, then choose three colors. Each player may search their library for up to three monocolored permanents of any of the chosen colors and up to one basic land of each land type that could generate one of the chosen colors, put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle. Then put The Sundering of Alara onto the battlefield transformed.
//
Legendary Planeswalker - Anorak (M)
+1: Exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card with mana value less than Anorak's loyalty. You may cast it without paying its mana cost, then put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
-2: Put a permanent card in a graveyard with mana value less than Anorak's loyalty onto the battlefield under your control.
-7: You get an emblem with "Spells you cast with mana spent to cast them have cascade."
New Karona hits two birds with one stone: a good Karona card, and a 5-color cascade commander. With the critical mass of cascade in Temur colors, more often than not those are the colors you'll pick. Once she does enter as a planeswalker, the endless cascade party begins. With enough counters and activations, even Maelstrom Wanderer will look slow. The second and third ability allow for the cascade game to go beyond one cascade spell after another. The cascade mechanic doesn't need pillow fort and is quite against it: your game is more acceleration and cheating in a legendary sorcery.
"That's not possible," Tamiyo said, almost dropping the crystal ball. "Karona is—" "—dead, and from pre-Mending Dominaria," Davriel added. "That prophecy came from Eldraine of all places. I thought it was just some interplanar screw-up, then I got it again on both Dominaria and Alara itself." There was a moment of silence, then Tamiyo got up and began packing, "Ravnica?" Davriel asked. "Yes," responded Tamiyo. "Perhaps we are in need of assistance for this new problem." She looked to him, and they both began their walk to Ravnica.

Winner
Show
Hide
HM: Krishnath (Leshrac, Nightwalker)
Winner: Mergatroid_Jones (Jiang Yanggu, Gracious Wayfarer and Mowu, Hound of Legend)

Next: Colorshift a tribe from its usual color.
Last edited by lookingupanddown 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Thank Hades I came in second. Lol.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

sorry to contribute to the slow feeling guys. I hate designing planeswalkers so I abstained.
this weeks card is ripped from my Lord of the rings set:

Frodo, Nine-Fingered Bearer BG
Legendary Creature - Halfling Rogue (hobbit)
When Frodo enters the battlefield, destroy target artifact.
1G: Regenerate Frodo
1B: Frodo can't be blocked until end of turn.
2/2

IIW: Common Cards from a Lord of the Rings Set
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Eliana, Erudite Scholar 2UU
Legendary Creature - Elf Wizard (R)
Whenever an opponent casts a spell, you may draw a card unless that player pays 1.
Partner
1/3

IIW: Welcome to the largest zoo in the multiverse.

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 3 years ago

Eraser Agent (Uncommon)
1B
Creature - Vedalken Assassin
1/3
Deathtouch
B, Q: Exile target token

IIW: trinket text
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”