spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

I submit to the council:

Ukhel's Embrace 3BG
Legendary Enchantment (R/MR)
You can't lose the game for having 0 or less life as long as you control a Dragon.
Whenever you're dealt damage, mill twice that many cards.
At the beginning of your end step, exile your graveyard.
If Ukhel's Embrace would leave the battlefield, exile it instead of putting it anywhere else.

(Or replace the two graveyard abilities with exiling from the top of your library. I wanted to make mill work but it gives BG tons of resources, I think this method @barbecube suggested might accomplish that without giving BG too much to work with.)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Cycled out?! I can hope. All myffic legendary enchantments with a Dragon tribal thing.

This looks less than great at that cost though. You seem to have overbalanced it too much.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Yeah it definitely needs some tuning. Take it as a concept, I felt like Ukhel needed something to represent eternal undeath. ;D

I don't know if I'd cycle this out exactly since it's basically a Lich effect for the black-centered clan and controlling a dragon is meant as one of the failure valves.

If I did cycle this it'd be as cycle of enchantments that express what their dragon's about, and not necessarily tie it to ownership of a dragon.
Last edited by spacemonaut 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

To fit in with whole draconic, how about renaming to Ukhel's Ambition, and have the cycle be named Ambitions?
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Oh boy its time for cycles chat:

Current Cycles I have for each guild:
Dragonlord - M
Regent Dragon - R (all focus on if opponent cast a spell on your turn.)
Current Time line Khans in their respective enemy colors - R
Signal Post Dragon - U
Dragonlord's Monument - U
Singla Post Enchantment - U
Color of missing shard hate card - C

Each Color has the following cycles:
cmc 2 cycle for 5 nonland card types for each dragonlord - C
Morph Dragon cmc 6 + key word - U
Draconic Roar cycle reimagined - U

I could see a mythic Ambitions cycle as mono colored mythics with an activated ability in the other color of the guild.

I will try to create the set page tonight or tomorrow with what cards I have designed already.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

I named it after the embrace of undeath. I would veto calling it an ambition since it's not representative of her ambition, it's the undeath she grants to her clan.

If there is a cycle spun out of this it's not like it does need to share a name though. I'd consider Khashgira's Truth, Igsena's Protection, etc and call it an enchantment cycle that describes what the dragonlord gives their followers.

I'd also re-caution that the dragon tie-in is to give the lich effect an additional failure mode most colors can deal with beside enchantment removal, not necessarily something to spin into the cycle's identity.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Next: a set skeleton?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ulka

void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Next: a set skeleton?
Correct. I had my evening get away from me last night so I wasn't able to create it last night

barbecube

Post by barbecube » 2 years ago

Hey @Ulka, still busy? I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.
formerly willows

Ulka

yea life has been a tad hectic. I'm hoping I'll have some time to do fun things on the computer rather than just doing school work this weekend so I can load the set skeleton and fill it with the cards I have designed so far.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Something to consider; Ojutai's authoritarianism stops its followers from uncovering the clans' true past and culture. Without w ideologies, how would Khashgira prevent its followers from discovering the truth?

An interesting choice would be if Khashgira doesn't hide the clans' history, in contrast to the other dragonlords. Instead, he extolls how his way is superior to the Jeskai way.

Another thing to consider is how to differentiate Khashgira and Oorcho's ideologies. At the moment, the two seem a bit too similar.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Zero_Origin
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Zero_Origin » 2 years ago

I love Khan's block, so it's enjoyable to see different takes on what a return set could look like. Giving the clans the enemy color treatment makes sense and sounds fun. As far as color identity goes, are the clans still going to be centered in the same color as before? For instance, Mardu was before, but centered in . Are they going to be centered in or this time?

Regarding the mechanics:

I think Battle Cry still fits Mardu better than it does Abzan. Also, while there may still be some new design space for a returning mechanic like this (regardless of the color identity you choose), you'll have to be careful how many cards with this ability you put into the set as too much of it can snowball in terms of power level.

Grim looks great overall. The question of the nontoken requirement is interesting. If you keep the the requirement as is, then you get to add splashier effects to compensate for the card disadvantage. On the other hand, if tokens can be sacrificed, the power level of the effects will have to be lower given how much easier they would be to activate.

I'm not really a fan of exalted for Abzan. I don't think it fits the color identity very well at all, despite WotC printing it there in the past. On that note, I also don't think the proposed Cremate mechanic fits , as doesn't typically exile cards from graveyards. The three colors that do that are , so I think that Cremate would be better for Abzan.

I like Mysticism, and I know you want to keep it , but I do think it would fit better as the Jeskai mechanic. Typically, the cards with payoffs for targeting your own creatures have been so far. I also like the idea of some of the instant, sorcery, and aura spells that fuel the mechanic representing martial art techniques, while the equipment cards could represent the weapons they use.

Finally, I think that the unnamed Scry mechanic could fit really well for . The Temur shamans are known for seeing the future (the Unwritten), which could be represented in game by top deck manipulation. Also, maybe you could open up the mechanic to interact with more than just Scry. Something like: "Whenever you look at the top card(s) of your library, [effect]" or "...if you've looked at the top cards of your library this turn, [effect]."

Hope your busy schedule is going well. I look forward to an update whenever you are able!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”