NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

NinjaCaterpie
Pronoun: he / him

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 3 years ago

Replica Conflux 2
Artifact (M)
2, T: Exchange control of Replica Conflux and target spell.
Nicol Cage realised the massive ball of light was a fake the moment he didn't receive unlimited power from absorbing it.

IIW: 3 color 3 mana cards

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

The Maelstrom Gem
Legendary Artifact (M)
T, Sacrifice The Maelstrom Gem: Spells you cast from your hand this turn have cascade.
Whenever you cast your fifth spell each turn, return The Maelstrom Gem from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
Rumor has it that it formed at the exact point the planes met, and has been hidden away in secret since.

IIW: Watermarks matter

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 3 years ago

As a preemptory note, I am a stickler for knowing what rarity a card was intended for. You have to know how valuable something is before you figure out if it's worth a heist!
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Sedraxis Nomad 2b
Creature- Zombie Nomad (U)
When Sedraxis Nomad enters the battlefield, if BUR was spent to cast it, target creature gets +3/-3 until end of turn.
If BUW was spent to cast it, return target artifact or creature card from your graveyard to its owner's hand.
If BRG was spent to cast it, each player sacrifices a creature or planeswalker and loses 2 life.
2/2

IIW: Something based off of one of the following randoms: Zedruu the Greathearted, Timbermaw Larva, Hellcarver Demon, or Phantom Monster.
I dislike how you've chosen to not order your mana symbols in WUBRG order and I'm a stickler for templating. That being said, I like that all of these are viable in-shard abilities and that you can also double-dip if you figure out how to make it cost more and pay 4 or 5 colors of mana, which is a neat hidden mode. I like this at uncommon. My only concern is with the quantity of text. I'm not clear where National Treasure ties in here, though.
chetoos wrote:
3 years ago
Benjamin Gates, Treasure Hunter 2RW
(Gwafa hazid, Ruined)
Legendary Creature - Human Rogue
Tap three untapped artifacts you control: Gwafa Hazid can't be blocked this turn.
Whenever Gwafa Hazid deals combat damage to a player, create that many treasure tokens.
"I'm gonna steal the declaration of independence."
1/5

IIW: Nintendo Top Down World
This confused me at first, because I didn't realize that you were doing a Godzilla-style reskin. Unfortunately, Benjamin Gates being an alternate skin means it's decidedly not a crossover set. As a card, I don't get the why he has five toughness, and being a Boros Rogue is also kinda weird, as RW doesn't have access to Rogues, although he is already a Rogue (Outlaws' Merriment technically creates Rogues). I'm guessing this is a rare based on its abilities. I wish that it had more power, less toughness, and maybe some different knobs on the two abilities? I like the concept but a 1/5 is an odd stat line for the color combination.
OneAndOnly wrote:
3 years ago
Legacy of Independence -- 5
Legendary Artifact
When Legacy of Independence enters the battlefield, each player gains control of all permanents they own.
Players can't gain control of permanents they do not own.
Declaring a creature as an attacker costs an additional 2.
IIW: Red, white, and blue
When I think of "independence" in the context of National Treasure, I tend not to think of being defensive. America is an aggressive nation (although we do pay a lot of taxes to support our military might, so I guess that's apt). That's also not how that ability's worded, but that's neither here nor there. I'm guessing this is also rare? It's a colorless Propaganda/Ghostly Prison that also does a mean Brooding Saurian.
Ulka wrote:
3 years ago
The Cabal of Bant BWUG
Legendary Creature - Human Noble
Hexproof, Vigilance
At the end of your turn, put a secrecy counter on The Cabal of Bant and then create a Treasure token for each Secrecy counter.
2/6

IIW: Curses
I generally dislike hexproof on creatures with big butts, excepting something like Carnage Tyrant, which is intended to come down and just end the game quickly. This quickly makes a lot of tokens, blocks almost anything, and has to be interacted with in combat, while also ramping pretty quickly. I'd have to guess this is mythic? I'd be on board for this if the last ability was "At the beginning of your end step, put a secrecy counter on The Cabal of Bant if it dealt combat damage to a player. Then, create X Treasure tokens, where X is one plus the number of secrecy counters on it." I don't think it has to tangle every turn to get Treasures, but I do think it should have to tangle to get more than one/turn.
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
All sets need commons to keep the set cohesive.

Jund Archaeologist 1R
Creature - Goblin Rogue
When Jund Archaeologist dies, create a treasure token.
2/1

Jungle Hellion BRG
Creature - Plant Hellion
Haste
Devour 1
"What the heck is THAT!?" - Benjamin Franklin Gates upon encountering a hellion for the first time.
2/2

IIW: Let's all go to the movies...
I'm here for these commons. I wish that the Archaeologist did something more Goblin-themed, like destroying an artifact when it died, but it's a good common. The hellion is also a neat common at the provided cost.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
3 years ago
Replica Conflux 2
Artifact (M)
2, T: Exchange control of Replica Conflux and target spell.
Nicol Cage realised the massive ball of light was a fake the moment he didn't receive unlimited power from absorbing it.

IIW: 3 color 3 mana cards
I'm glad someone made the Nicol Bolas/Nicolas Cage joke. I didn't want to make it too obvious. This seems really strong at mythic, but I like it a lot.
spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
The Maelstrom Gem
Legendary Artifact (M)
T, Sacrifice The Maelstrom Gem: Spells you cast from your hand this turn have cascade.
Whenever you cast your fifth spell each turn, return The Maelstrom Gem from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
Rumor has it that it formed at the exact point the planes met, and has been hidden away in secret since.

This is a really cool cascade permanent and hats off to you for the design, but I'm unfortunately not getting National Treasure-specific vibes from it.

HMs: Krishnath, MergatroidJones
Winner: NinjaCaterpie
Next: 3 color 3 mana cards
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Wooo!!! Honorable Mention!

I'd just like to thank the academy for this honor, my grandma, and of course the dark lord Satan, wooo! Satan!. :crazy:

Anyway, three color, three mana. Let's see what we can cook up...

Parliament of Rooks WUB
Enchantment (R)
When you cast Parliament of Rooks, create three 1/1 white Bird creature tokens with flying.
1, Sacrifice a bird: Draw a card.
A small note about the card
Show
Hide
The bird tokens are created upon casting. You get the tokens regardless if the spell is countered or not.
IIW: Heavy Metal
Last edited by Krishnath 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 3 years ago

Liva Charm
Instant (R)
Choose one:
-For each permament you control, you may put a counter of any kind already on that permament.
-Creatures you control gain hexproof until end of turn.
-Return target permament you control to its owner's hand.

Maslan Charm
Instant (R)
Choose one:
-Return from your graveyard to your hand each card that you discarded this turn.
-Creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain first strike until end of turn.
-Counter target sorcery spell.

Lodrux Charm
Instant (R)
Choose one:
-Create a token that is a copy of any creature card that entered opponent's graveyard from anywhere this turn.
-Scry 3, then target player mills 3.
-Exile target nonland permament with converted mana cost 3 or less.

Siraz Charm
Instant (R)
Choose one:
-Create two Treasure artifact tokens.
-Target opponent reveals their hand and discards a card of your choice.
-Return target card from your graveyard to your hand.

Vuth Charm
Instant (R)
Choose one:
-Target player sacrifices creature.
-Target opponent loses life equal to number of cards in their hand.
-Discard two cards, then draw three cards.

Echint Charm
Instant (R)
Choose one:
-Creatures target opponent controls get +1/-1 until end of turn. They must attack this turn if able.
-Return target creature with power 1 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped. You lose 3 life.
-Target creature you control gains double strike and lifelink until end of turn.

Ubush Charm
Instant (R)
Choose one:
-Discard a card, sacrifice a creature, mill 1. Draw a card, gain 3 life and target opponent discards a card.
-Pay X life. Target creature you control gets +X/+0 and gains menace until end of turn.
-Destroy target noncreature, nonland permament.

Pantana Charm
Instant (R)
Choose one:
-Double target creature's power until end of turn.
-Creatures you control gain trample and haste until end of turn.
-Counter target noncreature spell unless its controler pays

Tintala Charm
Instant (R)
Choose one:
-Untap each creature you control. They get +0/+2 until end of turn.
-Target creature you control fights target creature you don't control.
-Tintala Charm deals 1 damage to each creature your opponents control. You gain 4 life.

Rhem Charm
Instant (R)
Choose one:
-Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of creatures you control that were dealt damage this turn. Put one of those cards into your hand and the rest at the bottom of your library in any order.
-Creatures you control gain deathtouch until end of turn.
-Destroy target tapped permament.

IIW: One submission too far.
Last edited by Lorn Asbord Schutta 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

Siege Vanguard WBG
Creature — Orc Warrior
Trample
Whenever Siege Vanguard enters the battlefield or attacks, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
Evoke 1B (You may cast this spell for its evoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it enters the battlefield.)
3/3

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Hazard Enforcer RWB
Creature — Orc Soldier (U)
Whenever Hazard Enforcer attacks, it deals 2 damage to each other creature and you gain 2 life.
Dash 1R, Pay 5 life (You may cast this spell for its dash cost. If you do, it gains haste, and it's returned from the battlefield to its owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step.)
Ag-Ark Industries has strict unsafety protocols.
3/3

IIW: A multicolored artifact card is needed to fill a hole in the file for the upcoming set Escape from New Phyrexia.
Last edited by Cythare 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 3 years ago

Zagoth Charm BGU
Instant
Choose 1 -
Ketria Charm GUR
Instant
Choose 1 -
Indatha Charm WBG
Instant
Choose 1 -
Savai Charm RWB
Instant
Choose 1 -
Raugrin Charm URW
Instant
Choose 1 -
IIW: Top down nintendo set.
Last edited by chetoos 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 3 years ago

The Zoktrrt, Alien Slime Entity GBR
Legendary Creature- Ooze (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, remove all +1/+1 counters from all nontoken creatures, then create a 0/0 green Ooze creature token with that many +1/+1 counters on it.
When a creature you control dies, put a +1/+1 counter on each Ooze creature you control.
Sacrifice a creature: The Zoktrrt deals 1 damage to target player or planeswalker.
3/3

IIW: Something based off of one of the following randoms: Secure the Wastes, Squad Captain, Thornscape Master, or Cephalid Sage.

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 3 years ago

Ajani's Battleaxe W(r/w)(g/w)
Legendary Artifact - Equipment (R)
Equipped creature has double strike.
3 or remove a loyalty counter from a planeswalker you control: Equipped creature gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of creatures you control.
Equip 1W

IIW: MLD that can only be used to end the game

Flatline
The Heartbeat of America

Post by Flatline » 3 years ago

Bant Ascendancy GWU
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, it gets +3/+3 and gains trample and lifelink until end of turn.
Sacrifice Bant Ascendancy: Counter target spell or ability that targets you or a permanent you control.

IIW: A black and white creature card that doesn't involve lifegain or your life total.
Last edited by Flatline 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Card Contest Victories
Show
Hide
DCC
Show
Hide
(25 Total) - October 2014; December 2014; January 2015; April 2015; June 2015; August 2015; September 2015; November 2015; December 2015(T); January 2016; March 2016(T); April 2016; June 2016; October 2016; December 2016(T); February 2017; April 2017; December 2017; November 2018(T); January 2019; April 2019; June 2019; August 2019; October 2019; March 2020
MCC
Show
Hide
(8 Total) - May 2015; May 2016; June 2016; August 2016; October 2016; December 2016; October 2017; May 2019
CCL
Show
Hide
(7 Total) - September 2015; October 2015; January 2016; March 2016; April 2016; July 2016(T); March 2019(T)

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 3 years ago

Liberté -- RWU
Creature - Incarnation
Banding, trample, vigilance
Tricolore -- When you cast Liberte from your hand, you may cast a card named Égalité and a card named Fraternité from your hand or the graveyard without paying their mana costs.
As long as Liberté, Égalité, and Fraternité are in your graveyard and you control a Mountain, a Plains, and an Island, all you creatures have base power and toughness 3/3 with banding, trample, and vigilance, and other players can't gain control of them.
3/3
IIW: Stinky socks.
Last edited by OneAndOnly 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Corroded Champion
Artifact Creature — Soldier (R)
Sunburst (This enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each color of mana spent to cast it.)
Remove a +1/+1 counter from Corroded Champion: Corroded Champion gains protection from all colors until end of turn.
The etchings of war twisted towards a darker purpose.
2/2

IIW: A two-mana 3/1
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Vampiric Reflexes UBR
Enchantment (U)
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, that creature gains flying and lifelink until end of turn.
2, Sacrifice a creature: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. That creature gains haste until end of turn.
"No matter how good you are, mortal, I will outpace you." - Garza Zol, plague queen

IIW: Competitive snow cards
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Sek'kuar the Returned BRG
Legendary Creature - Orc Shaman
Whenever Sek'kuar the Returned attacks or dies, you mill three cards.
Tap three untapped Shamans you control: Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. It is a Graveborn in addition to its other creature types.
3/3

IIW: Make a new card for a legendary creature originally printed pre-Zendikar
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 years ago

Skyfall Sorcerer
wur
Creature - Bird Wizard (R)
Flash
Flying
When Skyfall Sorcerer enters the battlefield, counter target spell chosen at random.
2/2

Shepherd's Bane
wbg
Creature - Wolf (U)
Indestructible
3/3

Necropolis Drake
ubr
Creature - Zombie Drake (C)
Flying
Whenever Necropolis Drake attacks, you may goad target creature.
2/3

IIW: Green Plant creature token with 0 power.
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

...judge?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Togs

Post by Togs » 3 years ago

Renaissance Man URW
Creature - Human Advisor (R)
Flash
First strike, vigilance, haste, prowess.
3/4

IIW: Squirrels

Mergatroid_Jones

Skittish Brute BWR
Creature- Ogre Berserker (U)
First strike, haste
Skittish brute can't attack or block alone unless it entered the battlefield this turn.
5/3

IIW: Commander Legends lacks colorless partners other than The Prismatic Piper. Make one.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 3 years ago

Weapon Dealer
Creature - Human Advisor Artificer (R)
Whenever you cast Equipment spell, untap Weapon Dealer.
: Attach Equipment you control to target creature your opponent's control. That creature's controler gains control of that Equipment. If they do, destroy target land they control.
"I am not stupid, I make sure they've killed themselves before they realize that they can turn on me."

IIW: White Foxes or white Cats.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Amphin Nephrologist RWB
Creature — Salamander Cleric (M)
Whenever Amphin Nephrologist enters the battlefield or deals combat damage to a player, put a kidney counter on each other creature you control.
Remove all kidney counters from among creatures you control: Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield if its converted mana cost is less than or equal to the number of kidney counters removed this way. It gains haste.
4/4

IIW: Did someone call a doctor?
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 3 years ago

Rite of Omnipotence
Sorcery (R)
If was spent to cast Rite of Omnipotence, you gain X life. If was spent to cast Rite of Omnipotence, you draw X cards. If was spent to cast Rite of Omnipotence, each opponent loses X life.

IIW: generic Phyrexian mana
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Mergatroid_Jones

@Cythare, you gotta be kidney me.
@Krishnath, you forgot an IIW.
@judge, judge?

Esper Restorationist BWU
Artifact Creature- Vedalken (R)
You play artifact cards from your graveyard by paying 5 instead of their casting cost.
3/3

IIW: Lesser used creature types

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

nothing brings the spam entries like calls for the judge.

we've probably got a couple of hours before daylight in our judge's timezone... so, time for more spam!

Vengeful Aether-Lich 3
Artifact Creature — Zombie {U}
Vengeful Aether-Lich is white, blue, and black.
"I can't think of any actual abilities to justify this card. This is a %$#%."
—Tezzeret

2/2

IIW: 8/0 or 0/9
MEG

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 3 years ago

Woolier thoctar RGW
Due to the creeping power of predators on Alara, the thoctars had to develop greater defenses to survive.
5/5

IIW: add "er" (Or equivalent intensifier) to any "adjective noun" card name. EG: Wild Nacatl, hungry lynx, Old Ghastbark
Last edited by chetoos 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”