Random Card of the Day: Coat of Arms

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 8 months ago

RabidVacin wrote:
8 months ago
10/09/23 Wolverine Pack
one of my favorite cards. Have always been impressed by Rampage. Hopefully, they bring it back.
Last edited by The Fluff 8 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

Unfortunately a 2/4 getting double blocked seems unlikely. Rampage's best use case was always Lure.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

yeah, Lure would work well with the wolverine.

the card first appeared in my playgroup during our newbie days. Those times where targeted removal was scant, and mono green stompy decks with giant growth and symbiosis are king. So this card had time to shine. People eventually adapted, more removal being brought in.. so mono green gradually went down in power level.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

RabidVacin

Post by RabidVacin » 8 months ago

10/10/23 Snake Umbra

That card is bad and you should feel bad for playing it.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

I like totem armor a lot as a design idea for reducing the downside of Auras.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

this totem was popular in our area during it's days in Standard. Probably because of the card draw.

RabidVacin

Seeing that Rabid Wombat is my favorite creature, I'm surprised that I never made a totem armor deck.

10/11/23 Certain Death

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

that is probably one of the worst black removal I've ever seen. At 6 mana, I would be casting Corrupt or some other spell.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Great flavor, mechanically it's pure Limited filler.

RabidVacin

Any removal is good removal in limited.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

ah, I see. If it's just Limited, then that should be fine.

RabidVacin

10/12/23 Márton Stromgald

ONe of my favorite commanders that is largely unknown.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Márton is a funky one - extremely fragile but with a really potent Coat of Arms-style triggered ability/ies. He almost feels like he doesn't belong in Ice Age - except, again, for being a 1/1 for four mana.

RabidVacin

10/13/23 Bloodwater Entity

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Originally a signpost uncommon for the spellslinger archetype, this UR flyer gets bigger the more you cast. Stop me if you've heard that before.

RabidVacin

Post by RabidVacin » 7 months ago

10/16/23 Mental Note

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 7 months ago

Still one of the best one-mana ways to do this particular thing.

RabidVacin

10/17/23 Sylvan Might

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

An okay flashback card. Okay enough to reprint. I'd honestly put it at common in any ol' set that had flashback.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 7 months ago

This was an all-star in my grave based limited set.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 7 months ago

first encountered Sylvan Might when my cousin borrowed the "Trounce O Matic" precon from one of his pals. Totally destroyed my newbie decks. Even my black red removal deck with terminates could not withstand the thresh powered monsters. We were newbies who played without sideboards, so grave removal was non-existent. Crashing Centaur is pretty much unkillable once threshed. :omg:

RabidVacin

10/18/23 Sealock Monster

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

That name really rolls off the tongue!
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Ohhhhhh who lives in a cave under the Siren Sea?

RabidVacin

10/19/23 Pyrokinesis

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

A Jaya quote card!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Casual”