Mono Red Burn with Squee, Goblin Nabob

rogerandover
Pronoun: he / him

Post by rogerandover » 3 years ago

Nice! Congrats on that.

Maybe it's time that you add All Is Dust :)
I havn't tried the mentioned cards. Hour of Devastation seems like the best of the two.

The full spoiler for M21 is now up, and I'm definitely going to add Fiery Emancipation. I'm also considering Brash Taunter, but I'm debating if Stuffy Doll might actually be better in my build. Stuffy is easier to return, doesn't die to All Is Dust and is free to use. The only bonus Brash Taunter have is to potential deal a lot more damage per turn. Still think I'm going to get one and build a silly version of this deck with both Stuffy Dolls and Mogg Maniac.

Mjmirobelli
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mjmirobelli » 3 years ago

The big push is that the last ~5 times I've run the deck I didn't need a chump blocker and couldn't get anyone to bite on blocking Squee, Goblin Nabob. One of the times I had Skullclamp and another I had Trading Post but in the others it was a bit tougher of a spot than I wanted to be in early in the game. In addition, I've noticed that I could use at least one more board sweeper.

In general, I will probably add All Is Dust (especially since I'm not using my copy for anything else atm) but I think I need a less mana intensive sweeper too. It would potentially be helpful against early game rushes (like from Grenzo, Dungeon Warden) or just as another damage dealer in the graveyard for later use age. This is why I was considering Breath of Darigaaz, because each time I cast it I could choose to pay the additional Kicker cost if needed - not great but maybe worth a look. On the other hand, my meta includes decks piloted by Zurgo Helmsmasher, Athreos, God of Passage (admittedly my deck but another player sometimes plays my decks), Phenax, God of Deception, and plenty of Gods/ Eldrazi Titans. Which is why I was thinking of giving Hour of Devastation a try as well. I would already have given Hour of Devastation a shot but I don't own a copy yet.

I hadn't seen Brash Taunter, I already run both Stuffy Doll and Mogg Maniac, so I'll definitely be picking up a copy of that.

d0su

Post by d0su » 3 years ago

Just wanted to pop in and get the reactions on Fiery Emancipation and Double Vision that came out a couple months back. I am also excited to cast Underworld Breach, I have not gotten to play Commander since I got a copy of that card, haha!

I have been away from MtG for a while, just a handful of things have taken focus over it. Glad to see you are still playing, I could probably learn a thing or two from your decklists and maybe cut some of my pet cards.

rogerandover

d0su!!!

Welcome back. I sadly don't play much either these days, but I'm still enjoying to brew and tune decks. So spoilers are always fun to me. I did buy a Fiery Emancipation (that card is everything I want on a piece of cardboard), but havn't been sold on Double Vision. Only once a turn kinda kills it for me. And it's pretty inflexible too.

Good to see you again!

rogerandover

Oh boy, did Kaldheim bring something for me to think about.

I'm looking at three cards, proplerly just the two of them. And I might even cut it down to just one, lol.

First one is Birgi, God of Storytelling's other side, Harnfel, Horn of Bounty. It's a very nice digging option, but I think I have plenty of those already, and I like to keep them as instants or sorceries since they will be easier to abuse a second time.

Next up is Tibalt's Trickery. Unconditional counter in monored seems very sweet. It will help protect a big turn, and the disadvantage it gives will properly mostly be irrelevant. But I'm not sure if Fork doesn't already have me covered here.

Last one, that I'm at the very least will have to test, is Thor, God of Thunder. He's somekind of additional Repercussion. I think I like he very much. Imagine casting Star of Extinction with this guy down. I wanted to add Leyline Tyrant, but never got around too it, so I might try Toralf in it's spot instead. He's definitely more explosive then the Tyrant and I guess the Hammer can be useful at times.

rogerandover

So I got a couple of games in with the new additions, well two out of three that is. I excluded Birgi, God of Storytelling // Harnfel, Horn of Bounty, since I really didn't like either side that much.

But having an unconditional counterspell is SO freaking nice. It'll stay forever in this deck.

I was less excited for Toralf, God of Fury // Toralf's Hammer then I should have been. I just didn't see his full potential. He's an absolute powerhouse with all the damage doublers this deck runs. Even the smallest Lightning Bolt can become lethal very quickly.

Cyriss1234

Post by Cyriss1234 » 2 years ago

Hey guys love the deck. I've been looking to get my Squee somehow built into a deck and this is the way I'm going! Was wondering if these lists are the newest and latest updates you have, cheers.

rogerandover

Post by rogerandover » 2 years ago

Hey! Thank you so much for the comment.

This is by far my favourite deck of all times, and yes I still play it ocassionally and I do actually have a couple of updates that havn't been added. But let me get back to you tomorrow - I just got home from three very long workdays.

Cyriss1234

Awesome thank you, I currently don't have a lot of the cards but will be making a purchase online for the deck soon so anything new or tips let me know, thank you

rogerandover

Post by rogerandover » 2 years ago

So I updated the OP with what I'm currently running. The new Innistrad set provided four cards I'm most likely going to keep in the deck.
Ardent Elementalist is a shoe in.

Cathartic Pyre is not overwhelming but pretty flexible. It's also an instant, which I have wanted to add some more off. Same goes with Electric Revelation. It's a rather expensive cost for the effect, but I like that it has two uses and the flexibility as an instant. I've cut Tormenting Voice and Wild Guess for these two cards. Not totally sure about the change, but it's worth testing.

Lastly, I've added Moonsilver Key as a way to find my mana-doublers. 3 mana to get Gauntlet of Might should be an okay deal most of the time.

Hope this helps, and don't hesitate to ask any question, then I'll try and answer as best I can.

Cyriss1234

Great thank you!

rogerandover

Post by rogerandover » 1 year ago

Ages since I've played a game of EDH but yesterday I logged onto Cockatrice to enter a game with randoes.

It was a fairly casual pod with horror tribal, seamonster tribal and rakdos spellslinger/burn, but it was pretty fast paced. I had Maze of Ith from turn 3 or 4, so the damage was mostly distribued at the other decks, but rakdos hated on me pretty hard. At one point the game stalled after a cyclonic rift and a sweeper. But my yard was stacked and I had Underworld Breach and Mana Geyser in my hand. Casting geyser with Primal Amulet // Primal Wellspring netting 20 mana, so I was golden from there and easily won the game. = Breach is a good magic card!

Since my last game, I've added Wild Magic Surge. I didn't drew this game, but didn't actually need it. Still think it's a solid inclusion.

Cyriss1234

Post by Cyriss1234 » 1 year ago

Hello! Hey that's awesome to hear. I was going to shoot you a message and see if you had any new updates for the deck. I'll try that new card out, any other additions? Do you have a current deck you could post? Cheers sir

rogerandover

Post by rogerandover » 1 year ago

Hey Cyriss! I havn't really seen anything in the last couple of sets that piqued my interest. So the deck in the OP is still the deck I would play.

What about you? Have you been playing this deck and have some experience to share?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”