NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

OneAndOnly
Pronoun: he / him

Post by OneAndOnly » 3 months ago

Pebolosus, Eater of Coin -- 3WWR
Legendary Creature - Nightmare Horror {R}
Intimidate
When Pebolosus enters the battlefield, for each permanent, remove a counter of your choice from that permanent.
When Pebolosus leaves the battlefield, proliferate.
6/5

Phyrexian Editor

Post by Phyrexian Editor » 3 months ago

Serra Exile
Creature - Angel {U}
Delve (Each card you exile from your graveyard while casting this spell pays for .)
You may cast Serra Exile from exile.
Flying, vigilance
4/4

IIW: A cantrip

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 3 months ago

A UK morning lasts until the early afternoon, due to the london fog.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 months ago

I'm really happy with the turnout here. Everyone made such great cards.
chetoos wrote:
3 months ago
Barlus, Son of Lurrus WW
Legendary Creature - Nightmare Cat
As an additional cost to cast Barlus, sacrifice a nontoken permanent with mana value 2 or less, or pay
Lifelink
When Barlus enters the battlefield, exile target permanent card from your graveyard with mana value less than or equal to Barlus's power. When Barlus leaves the battlefield, put the exiled card onto the battlefield under your control.
2/2

IIW: Mechanics you'd like to see in a return to llorwyn
Many cats are bastard cats but this is the son of the one and only bastard cat banned in legacy.

He's a significant step up from his parent and I really like this play pattern. He's a 2WW (or WW + sac) eternal witness-like card with lifelink, and I think yeah, white absolutely gets to have that. Very cool.

chetoos wrote:
3 months ago
Traxa, new hire 3bg
Legendary creature - angel citizen
Flying, deathtouch
Whenever you sacrifice a nontoken creature with haste you own, you may pay 2 at the beginning of your next upkeep. If you do, exile that card from your graveyard and create a token of that's a copy of that creature. It gains haste, sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step
Blitz 2bg
"Does the new girl look familiar?"
"Never seen her before." - ognis and ziatora

4/5

False Hydra Xwub
Creature - Hydra horror
Ward - pay for each card exiled with False Hydra
When you cast False Hydra, choose up to X target creature and/or planeswalker cards from opponent's graveyards. Exile those cards as False Hydra enters the battlefield.
If a creature or Planeswalker an opponent controls would die, exile it instead.
False Hydra gets +1/+1 for each card exiled with it and has all activated abilities of cards exiled with it
0/0

Iiw: "its mutate cost is ..."
Safe to say I am delighted you also took up the alternate challenges. AND FURTHERMORE i see your vague golgari death swarm reference.

I like your Atraxa, I mean Traxa card. I think the trigger should be immediate: by the next upkeep I will have completely forgotten what died and in all likelihood it probably won't even be in my graveyard anymore. BUT this is a great mix in with the Riveteers' brand and a great way for Traxa to do local research definitely not for any plane-ending invasion plans.

Esper Hydras was meant as shorthand for nonred nongreen hydras but I really like that you made a specifically Esper hydra. I'd rephrase the second ability to be way simpler: "As False Hydra enters the battlefield, exile up to X creature and/or planeswalker cards from opponents' graveyards." I think this hydra building itself up this way is a real shiny take on hydra designs.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
3 months ago
Dreamdozing Mola
2{U}
Creature - Nightmare Fish (C)
When Dreamdozing Mola enters the battlefield, choose one-
-Target player mills two cards.
-Target player shuffles up to two target cards from their graveyard into their library.
2/3

IIW: Common creatures
The ocean sunfish are literally the worst fish to ever exist so this automatically unquestioningly unqualifies as a nightmare without me reading the rest of the rules text, but this is also a great name and effect and flavor for a blue nightmare. I'd even cute if if it wasn't a mola, which are the worst as previously established, but dreamdozing is such a cute word here.
OneAndOnly wrote:
3 months ago
Technicolor Bleurrghh -- 1UUUU
Creature - Horror {R}
Protection from colors it is not
At the beginning of your upkeep, each creature becomes a random color or combination of colors. (There are 25 different combinations. Randomize appropriately.)
At the end of your turn, tap each creature that shares a color with Technicolor Bleurrghh.
4/7

If I Win: Bandage variants
Everything about this is really funny and although I hope never to see it in front of me in paper I do hope to see it in front of me in digital one day doing something very funny in a tournament setting where someone is playing it for the stat line and devotion count.
OneAndOnly wrote:
3 months ago
Pebolosus, Eater of Coin -- 3WWR
Legendary Creature - Nightmare Horror {R}
Intimidate
When Pebolosus enters the battlefield, for each permanent, remove a counter of your choice from that permanent.
When Pebolosus leaves the battlefield, proliferate.
6/5
I'm reading this as a card for an alternate version of the original Theros block where intimidate was still in vogue. It's a great card. If you do your counter management well, you'll get counters and they might not get anything at all.
Phyrexian Editor wrote:
3 months ago
Serra Exile
Creature - Angel {U}
Delve (Each card you exile from your graveyard while casting this spell pays for .)
You may cast Serra Exile from exile.
Flying, vigilance
4/4

IIW: A cantrip
This is an excellent angel. Great work.
chetoos wrote:
3 months ago
A UK morning lasts until the early afternoon, due to the london fog.
You're right, it's all the fog over innsmouth stuff. also me having adhd so what even is the passage of time? mostly the innsmouth stuff though.

Winner: @Phyrexian Editor
Next: A Cantrip

chetoos

spacemonaut wrote:
3 months ago
I like your Atraxa, I mean Traxa card. I think the trigger should be immediate: by the next upkeep I will have completely forgotten what died and in all likelihood it probably won't even be in my graveyard anymore. BUT this is a great mix in with the Riveteers' brand and a great way for Traxa to do local research definitely not for any plane-ending invasion plans.

Esper Hydras was meant as shorthand for nonred nongreen hydras but I really like that you made a specifically Esper hydra. I'd rephrase the second ability to be way simpler: "As False Hydra enters the battlefield, exile up to X creature and/or planeswalker cards from opponents' graveyards." I think this hydra building itself up this way is a real shiny take on hydra designs.
Honestly, I think that Traxa is legit, she got purified by Halo, and is now just a normal angel. At least, that's my headcanon.
Also, I'm sad that you didn't see what I linked. The false hydra is a homebrew d&d monster that's really %$#% up.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 months ago

Visions of Options 1U
Instant
Mill 1
Scry 1
Surveil 1
Support 1
Draw a card.
Ripple 1
Recover U

IIW: 5+ keywords on a card
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

chetoos

From D&D set 3
Guidance W
Sorcery
Choose 1:
Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature, draw a card
target creature gains your choice of vigilance or first strike until end of turn. Draw a card

IIW: Some way for creatures to get a mutate cost
Last edited by chetoos 3 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Revert
(art: Teferi doing timey wimey stuff.)
Instant (U)
Return target spell you control to its owner's hand.
Draw a card.
"I think not."

IIW: Goad and forced attacks and blocks

Phyrexian Editor

Post by Phyrexian Editor » 3 months ago

spacemonaut wrote:
3 months ago
Revert
(art: Teferi doing timey wimey stuff.)
Instant (U)
Return target spell you control to its owner's hand.
Draw a card.
"I think not."

IIW: Goad and forced attacks and blocks
In most formats, this is a fun way to get repeated cast triggers. Makes sense in white since that's the color of bouncing your own creatures. It does cut roughly in half the number of spells you need to cast in order to win with Storm. I should've made the prompt "design a cantrip that might get banned in Legacy." ;)
chetoos wrote:
3 months ago
From D&D set 3
Guidance W
Sorcery
Choose 1:
Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature, draw a card
target creature gains your choice of vigilance or first strike until end of turn. Draw a card

IIW: Some way for creatures to get a mutate cost
Cute. It's a cantrip and a cantrip. I would be happier with this as "Choose two:" with "Draw a card" as a third option. Or, even better, "Choose one" with three options and instant speed.
Ulka wrote:
3 months ago
Visions of Options 1U
Instant
Mill 1
Scry 1
Surveil 1
Support 1
Draw a card.
Ripple 1
Recover U

IIW: 5+ keywords on a card
Fun and silly. Something to go in your Old Fogey deck. You do need to say who's milling ("you" or "target player").

Winner: @spacemonaut
Next challenge: Goad and forced attacks and blocks

OneAndOnly

Technical Pacifist - W
Creature - Human Civilian. {R}
Defender, wimpy (Prevent all damage this would deal)
As long as Technical Pacifist is goaded, it gets +5/+5, loses defender and wimpy and gains menace and trample.
"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!"
1/1

If I Win: Floral Spuzzem's little brothers
Last edited by OneAndOnly 3 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

Ulka

Zedruu, Ignorant Agitator WUR
Legendary Creature - Minotaur Monk
Provoke
Prowess, Vigilance
Whenever Zedruu, Ignorant Agitator attacks, goad up to one target creature.
2/4

IIW :5+ key words on your card

chetoos

Captain America, the last line 1URW
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier
Vigilance, First Strike, ward
When you would declare attackers or blockers, if other creatures you control must attack or block this step, and Captain America can attack or block in their place, then Captain America must attack or block this step, and those creatures can act normally. Scry X where X is the number of creatures that no longer need to attack or block this step, then draw a card. (Worded in case of something like Moat or a flying creature being forced to block where Cap can't block their flyer.)
"No, you move."
4/4

IIW: Some way to give creatures a mutate cost.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 months ago

Crime Framer
{B}{R}
Creature - Devil (U)
Haste
When Crime Framer enters the battlefield, suspect and goad target creature.
2/1
"SHE DID IT!"

"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 3 months ago

Nettlevine Puppeteer 3G
Creature - Elf Druid (R)
Ward 3
When Nettlevine Puppeteer enters the battlefield, choose another target creature. As long as you control Nettlevine Puppeteer, that creature is goaded, you choose how that creature assigns its combat damage, and you may have that creature assign its combat damage as though it weren't blocked.
"Your minions would be much better as my vinebred."
3/3

IIW: Ascend or descend
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ulka

Evocative Rumors1R
Instant
Goad target creature. It gains Provoke until the end of turn.
Flashback 2R

IIW: 2 of the following words must be present on your card: Investigate, Gate, Provoke, Rampage, Slug, random, or Recover

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 3 months ago

Rude Frogbot 1UU
Artifact Creature - Equipment Frog (Uncommon)
If you don't own Rude Frogbot, equipped creature is goaded.
Whenever Rude Frogbot or equipped creature blocks a creature, you may pay 2. If you do, attach Rude Frogbot to that attacking creature.
3: Rude Frogbot or equipped creature gains flying until end of turn.
Reconfigure 2UU (2UU: Attach to target creature you control; or unattach from a creature. Reconfigure only as a sorcery. While attached, this isn't a creature.)
0/3

Eidolon of Annoyance 1R
Enchantment Creature - Spirit (Uncommon)
Bestow 2R (If you cast this card for its bestow cost, it's an Aura spell with enchant creature. It becomes a creature again if it's not attached to a creature.)
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and is goaded.
2: Eidolon of Annoyance or enchanted creature gains menace until end of turn.
1/1

IIW: Amalia Benavides Aguirre in Murders at Karlov Manor

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

@spacemonaut judge?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

OneAndOnly wrote:
3 months ago
Technical Pacifist - W
Creature - Human Cibilian
Defender, wimpy (Prevent all damage this would deal)
As long as Technical Pacifist is goaded, it gets +5/+5, loses defender and wimpy and gains menace and trample.
"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!"
1/1

If I Win: Floral Spuzzem's little brothers
Working with Goad by making it into a buff is a nice take.
Ulka wrote:
3 months ago
Zedruu, Ignorant Agitator WUR
Legendary Creature - Minotaur Monk
Provoke
Prowess, Vigilance
Whenever Zedruu, Ignorant Agitator attacks, goad up to one target creature.
2/4

IIW :5+ key words on your card
This is a nice aggressive take on Zedruu. No mechanical relation to Zedruu's mechanical design except for the part where that goat got super annoying so it fits perfectly. :P
chetoos wrote:
3 months ago
Captain America, the last line 1URW
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier
Vigilance, First Strike, ward
When you would declare attackers or blockers, if other creatures you control must attack or block this step, and Captain America can attack or block in their place, then Captain America must attack or block this step, and those creatures can act normally. Scry X where X is the number of creatures that no longer need to attack or block this step, then draw a card. (Worded in case of something like Moat or a flying creature being forced to block where Cap can't block their flyer.)
"No, you move."
4/4

IIW: Some way to give creatures a mutate cost.
I get the spirit of this effect and it's a decent fit for Captain America, but the rules text is getting eerily into Limited Edition Alpha, Comp Rules Don't Exist Yet territory. Also, there's a mixup on whether this is a triggered ability ("when") or a replacement effect ("you would"). On a positive note it would I'd like to see a version of this that I'm confident works, and I think it ought to get a Guardian of the Gateless kind of boost for standing up for those creatures.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
3 months ago
Crime Framer
{B}{R}
Creature - Devil (U)
Haste
When Crime Framer enters the battlefield, suspect and goad target creature.
2/1
"SHE DID IT!"

That's really funny.
void_nothing wrote:
3 months ago
Nettlevine Puppeteer 3G
Creature - Elf Druid (R)
Ward 3
When Nettlevine Puppeteer enters the battlefield, choose another target creature. As long as you control Nettlevine Puppeteer, that creature is goaded, you choose how that creature assigns its combat damage, and you may have that creature assign its combat damage as though it weren't blocked.
"Your minions would be much better as my vinebred."
3/3

IIW: Ascend or descend
It took me a moment for the name and effect to click together to get the visual. That's a nice goad effect.
Ulka wrote:
3 months ago
Evocative Rumors1R
Instant
Goad target creature. It gains Provoke until the end of turn.
Flashback 2R

IIW: 2 of the following words must be present on your card: Investigate, Gate, Provoke, Rampage, Slug, random, or Recover
Very neat and clean. One-turn goad and provoke is a great combination.
lookingupanddown wrote:
3 months ago
Rude Frogbot 1UU
Artifact Creature - Equipment Frog (Uncommon)
If you don't own Rude Frogbot, equipped creature is goaded.
Whenever Rude Frogbot or equipped creature blocks a creature, you may pay 2. If you do, attach Rude Frogbot to that attacking creature.
3: Rude Frogbot or equipped creature gains flying until end of turn.
Reconfigure 2UU (2UU: Attach to target creature you control; or unattach from a creature. Reconfigure only as a sorcery. While attached, this isn't a creature.)
0/3

Eidolon of Annoyance 1R
Enchantment Creature - Spirit (Uncommon)
Bestow 2R (If you cast this card for its bestow cost, it's an Aura spell with enchant creature. It becomes a creature again if it's not attached to a creature.)
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and is goaded.
2: Eidolon of Annoyance or enchanted creature gains menace until end of turn.
1/1

So Rude Frogbot has a small error: you still own and control Rude Frogbot the whole time, becoming attached doesn't transfer control. You'd need "As long as Rude Frogbot is attached to a creature you don't control" instead. I'd like to see Rude Frogbot also grant some power/toughness as well like the Impetuses, but I like that it can move around and grant surprise flying even to creatures you don't control. (Good jump callback in the name and type.)

Eidolon of Annoyance is also fine. I'll note the Impetuses tend to grant things like menace specifically to help your opponents' goaded creatures deliver damage. I'd like to see this be a vanilla 1/1 that always has menace and always grants it.

HM: void_nothing for Nettlevine Puppeteer
Winner: @Sporegorger_Dragon for Crime Framer

Next: Common creatures

chetoos

Quickdraw Minotaur 2R
Creature - Minotaur Warrior (C)
Quickdraw (Split Second, but you can respond to quickdraw spells and abilities from quickdraw sources with other quickdraw sources and spells.)
When Quickdraw Minotaur enters the battlefield, it deals 2 damage to any target.
"Angrath's girls are gonna love me once I win this gunfight!"
2/3

Swiftcrafter Snake 1G
Creature - Snake Shaman (C)
: Add
Spells you cast with Quickdraw cost less to cast
"We don't sell snakeskin boots, stop asking."
1/1

Thunder Junction Sheriff 2W
Creature - Bird Warrior
Flying
When Thunder Junction Sheriff enters the battlefield, detain target creature an opponent controls.
In Thunder Junction, the law above is more literal than in most other places.
2/2

Swiftspell Researcher 3U
Creature - Merfolk Wizard
As an additional cost to cast an instant or sorcery spell, you may tap Swiftspell Researcher. If you do, that spell gains quickdraw.
Fastest books in the west.
3/3

Belligerent Outlaw 2B
art: A human with bushy red hair and beard, brandishing two guns.
Creature - Human Rogue
Whenever Belligerent Outlaw attacks, target creature defending player controls gets -2/-2 until end of turn.
"I tells ya, Vraska, that varmint won't escape me this time!"
2/3

IIW: a mutate payoff with a way to give a creature a mutate cost
Last edited by chetoos 3 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

Ulka

Joke
Show
Hide
Loam Lion W
Creature - Cat (C)
Loam Lion gets +1/+2 as long as you control a Forest.
In Zendikar, today's grassland could be tomorrow's jungle, and hunting grounds change as quickly as the weather.
1/1
Serious Answer
Show
Hide
Cliffside Hyena W
Creature - Hyena (C)
Clifftop Hyena gets +1/+2 as long as you control a Mountain.
"When the cliffs laugh, the end is nigh."
1/1
IIW: Cards for a Zoo archetype in a cube setting

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Ulka wrote:
3 months ago
Joke
Show
Hide
Loam Lion W
Creature - Cat (C)
In Zendikar, today's grassland could be tomorrow's jungle, and hunting grounds change as quickly as the weather.
1/1
Serious Answer
Show
Hide
Cliffside Hyena W
Creature - Hyena (C)
1/1
Ulka wrote:
7 months ago
Crag Cat W
Creature - Cat
Crag Cat gets +1/+2 as long as you control a Mountain.
1/1

IIW: Cards for Zoo
:thinking:

Ulka

void_nothing wrote:
3 months ago
Ulka wrote:
3 months ago
Joke
Show
Hide
Loam Lion W
Creature - Cat (C)
1/1
Serious Answer
Show
Hide
Cliffside Hyena W
Creature - Hyena (C)
1/1
Ulka wrote:
7 months ago
Crag Cat W
Creature - Cat
Crag Cat gets +1/+2 as long as you control a Mountain.
1/1

IIW: Cards for Zoo
:thinking:
Void I just need this card in my life okay? I'm just a zoo addict.

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 3 months ago

Wartime Conscript 1W
Creature - Peasant Soldier (Common)
3WW, : Creatures you control get +2/+1 until end of turn. Activate only if you control six or more Soldiers and only once per turn.
A deck can have any number of cards named Wartime Conscript.
1/1

OneAndOnly

Field Medic -- W
Creature - Human Soldier {C}
Whenever Field Medic blocks, put a shield counter on target creature you control.
1/1

Deft Aerialist --2U
Creature - Human Wizard {C}
When Deft Aerialist enters the battlefield, put a flying counter on target creature.
U, T: Tap or untap target creature with flying.
1/3

Cunning Necrosavant -- 1B
Creature - Human Shaman {C}
Whenever a creature card is put into your graveyard, you may put another creature card in your graveyard on top of your library.
1/2

Powerplant Operator -- 2R
Creature - Human Civilian {C}
T. Sacrifice Powerplant Operator: Whenever you tap a land for mana this turn, add an additional R and put a stun counter on that land.
2/2

Ruthless Harvester -- G
Creature - Human Druid {C}
T: Untap target land that could produce G. Put a stun counter on it.
1/1

Next: What Came Before
Last edited by OneAndOnly 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Ulka

Terror of Unx 5B
Creature - Demon (C)
Flying, Trample
Domain — This spell costs 1 less to cast for each basic land type among lands you control.
"The Necropolis of Unx swarmed with Undead in the streets but the skies were even more terrifying."
3/4

Radiance of the Conflux 1W
Enchantment - Aura (C)
Enchant land
When Radiance of the Conflux enters the battlefield, search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.
Enchanted land is every basic land type in addition to its other types.

IIW; Domain

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”