[C19] Apex Altisaur, Vraska the Unseen reprint (GLHF)

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

"Image"

Roar.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 4 years ago

So the Dino keeps going until he dies or your opponents got no creatures. O.O Though if you manifest or otherwise have it ebt morphed you can surprise block and then wipe. EDIT: Missed the up to one. Well If i get this deck this guy will just slide into Dinosaurs.

Love the scale t-rexs lol

Vraska is odd choice for the deck.
Last edited by 5colorsrainbow 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Well this Vraska's tokens from her ultimate will make ABSOLUTELY SURE your morph creatures get unblocked...
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Syb
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Syb » 4 years ago

"Up to one" is for cowards, let me make two indestructible creatures bounce off each other until we leave the table.

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

Rumpy5897 wrote:
4 years ago

"Image"

Roar.
Round 1, fight!
Round 2, fight!
Round 3, finish it!

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 4 years ago

Apex Altisaur is amazing - it's everything dinosaurs want and a great hit off of Gishath, Sun's Avatar.

Vraska the Unseen is quite possibly the worst planeswalker they could put in this deck outside of the uncommons from WotS. Seriously, Jace, the Living Guildpact would have been more interesting and had more synergy with the list and that Jace is awful. Even Nissa Revane would have been worth a little cash. I love me some Vraska, but the card is aggressively mediocre and has ended up cut from every deck I've tried to slide her into. It's just too awkward. 0/10.

Jace

Post by Jace » 4 years ago

Dinosaur is pretty neat. But I do wish sea monsters got cards in such a quality and volume as Dinos have in recent years... kinda fatigued at seeing so many options that now the Gishath deck has quite a few competing for space in the deck. It's a similar issue for Dragons.

This Vraska. Eh. The morph deck as a whole is really a hard pass for me. I'm just not feeling it. Especially with all the Tarkir themes.

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

How's does the Dino stay in play after ETB? But best Dino yet though

Vraska 1.0 holy crud man they sure learned there lesson from last time

TearsOfTomorrow

Post by TearsOfTomorrow » 4 years ago

Hawk wrote:
4 years ago
aggressively mediocre
I am SO going to steal this expression going forward.
Also, WHAT THE HELL ANOTHER TALL DINO CALLED ALTISAUR AND IT DOESN'T HAVE REACH.

hyalopterouslemur

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 4 years ago

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
4 years ago
How's does the Dino stay in play after ETB?
"up to one", that's how.

But yeah, this can become a mess to deal with. Just hit it with Pestilence and now anything smaller than 12 toughness is vulnerable.
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

Apex Altisaur reminds me a lot of Gruul Ragebeast. More upfront value, and works well if you have any way to trigger enrage on your own. Very silly if you have some way to grant it indestructible, such as Spearbreaker Behemoth - build your own Plague Wind!. Nine mana is a lot though, which means you'll likely want to be able to cheat it in.

....Mayael of the Anima may want it, and definitely fits in Gishath, Sun's Avatar. If you're doing a dedicated Elvish Piper deck, that is also an option.

Vraska the Unseen reprint is alright. I'm not a fan of many planeswalkers, but Vraska has some pretty interesting play patterns. Also a generic removal spell, which makes the precon deck a bit more robust.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

That dino is going straight into my Mayael deck, because holy ferretballs is that card awesome for it.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Lucifer, Sapere Aude

Post by Lucifer, Sapere Aude » 4 years ago

Hawk wrote:
4 years ago
Apex Altisaur is amazing - it's everything dinosaurs want and a great hit off of Gishath, Sun's Avatar.

Vraska the Unseen is quite possibly the worst planeswalker they could put in this deck outside of the uncommons from WotS. Seriously, Jace, the Living Guildpact would have been more interesting and had more synergy with the list and that Jace is awful. Even Nissa Revane would have been worth a little cash. I love me some Vraska, but the card is aggressively mediocre and has ended up cut from every deck I've tried to slide her into. It's just too awkward. 0/10.
That Vraska is a potentially repeatable vindicate at only 5 mana. By that thing alone I run her with success in most of my GBx decks. Never a death card, never unhappy to use it.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

apex altisaur is gonna be insane in commander, probably gonna be easy to make it indestructible

Max Rebo
Husband of Serra

Post by Max Rebo » 4 years ago

Ok I'm confused.
Cast Apex Altisaur,.... it fights one creature
(during that fight it is dealt damage)....triggers enrage
Enrage - it fights one creature
(during that fight it is dealt damage).....triggers enrage
etc...... etc...... etc.......

????

JoeyB11223

Post by JoeyB11223 » 4 years ago

Max Rebo wrote:
4 years ago
Ok I'm confused.
Cast Apex Altisaur,.... it fights one creature
(during that fight it is dealt damage)....triggers enrage
Enrage - it fights one creature
(during that fight it is dealt damage).....triggers enrage
etc...... etc...... etc.......

????
Yes as it reads to me it creates a chain, albeit its up to one, so you can break the chain yourself whenever you like.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”