NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 6 months ago

Grist, the unending swarm 4bbgg
Art: less of a person, more of a wave made of insects. In the center is Grist's face. The swarm appears similar to how the enemy fleet in Star Trek Beyond looked, swallowing the landscape surrounding it. Said landscape should be easily identified as being on Innistrad. Mood: overwhelming numbers, drowning in bugs
Legendary creature Planeswalker - grist insect
At the beginning of your end step, create a number of 1/1 green insect creature tokens equal to the greatest mana value among creatures that died this turn.
Grist isn't a creature.
+2 - target creature gets -x/-x until eot, where x is the number of insects you control
-5 - mill 5 cards, then you may return a card with mana value less than the number of insects you control from your graveyard to your hand. If you don't, return all insect creature cards milled this way to your hand instead
-13 - you get an emblem with "creatures you control are insects in addition to their other types." And "whenever an insect enters the battlefield under your control, target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn."
8 1/1
Iiw: walkers or other characters on new planes. Omenpaths, yo

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 6 months ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
6 months ago
Vlaryk, the Usurper
5{B}{G}{G}{U}
Legendary Creature - Vlaryk (M)
+2: Draw a card. Create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token.
+1: Search your library for a card, put that card into your hand, then shuffle.
-5: Search your library, hand, and/or graveyard for up to X Dragon cards, where X is the number of times you descended this turn, and put them onto the battlefield. If you search your library this way, shuffle.
-13: Each player exiles all cards in their hand and graveyard. You put any number of face-up cards in exile onto the battlefield face down under your control. They're 5/5 black, green and blue Plant Dragon creatures with flying.
<7>
"Aahh, Tarkir, such a quaint, vulnerable, little plane!"

IIW: Dinosaur
Ah, of course you'd post this guy. Vlaryk always manages to have... so many words... in his text box. I feel like this doesn't need both the -5 AND the ultimate - if you manage to mill yourself for even a couple of permanent cards, then tutoring multiple Dragons to the battlefield should be GG anyhow, right? Would hope so for that cost.
chetoos wrote:
6 months ago
The Colossal Hunter 6gg
Art: Garruk stands imposing over several small creatures (mice, rats, see additional notes on the set), as if he doesn't even notice them. They hide in the grass at his feet, we see him from their perspective, a man taller than their highest tower and castle. Garruk appears to be scanning the horizon for something to hunt. Mood: power, size, something bigger than you thought possible
Legendary Planeswalker - Garruk
Nontoken creatures you control enter the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on them.
+2 - You may sacrifice a land. If you do, create 2 4/4 green beast creature tokens with trample. Otherwise, create a 6/6 green beast creature token with trample.
-5 - Target creature you control deals damage equal to its power to target creature you don't control. Draw cards equal to the excess damage dealt.
-11 - You get an emblem with "Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, it gets +x/+x and gains haste until end of turn, where X is that creature's power." Each creature you control gets +x/+x and gains haste until end of turn, where X is that creature's power.

Yes, I know that bloomburrow shouldn't have humanoids, but maybe this is after the set's story.

IIW: more bloomburrow cards
Wow, that token creation ability bugs me. Why are we having two types of tokens that are only slightly different! The bite/draw cards from excess damage thing is kinda cool. Ultimately though we already have Garruk, Apex Predator for this gimmick lol
Megiddo wrote:
6 months ago
Tamiyo's Forbidden Scroll 6
Legendary Artifact {R}
2, T: Draw a card and reveal it. Until end of turn, spells you cast with the same name as the revealed card cost you 2 less to cast.

In the Light of the Silver Moon 4
Enchantment — Saga {M}
[ I ]: Scry 2.
[ II ]: Each opponent sacrifices a permanent.
[ III ]: If you both own and control In the Light of the Silver Moon and an artifact named Tamiyo's Forbidden Scroll, exile them, then meld them into Emrakul Ascended. Otherwise, draw a card.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Emrakul Ascended
Legendary Planeswalker — Emrakul {M}
Creatures you control are Eldrazi in addition to their other types.
[+5]: Target creature becomes a 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn, loses all abilities, and gains "Sacrifice this creature: Add C."
[+2]: Until end of turn, rather than pay the mana cost of a spell, you may sacrifice three Eldrazi.
[0]: Create five 3/2 colorless Eldrazi Horror creature tokens.
[-6]: Each opponent sacrifices six permanents.
[-15]: Take an extra turn after this one. After that turn, for each opponent, you control that opponent during that player's next turn.
{10}
IIW: More Meld or Transforming cards
Nice, bringing meld back to its roots! I'm not sure how we're going to explain a planeswalker Emrakul in the lore, or why an Eldrazi Titan would even be more dangerous that way (they already travel in the Blind Eternities as a natural ability), but I like both the component cards, the fact that the Saga gives you an exact timer for the meld ability, and the super-game-ending Emmy planeswalker that results, although I feel like you could drop that static ability - it just seems like trinket text.
lookingupanddown wrote:
6 months ago
Ajani Repentant 4RGW
Legendary Planeswalker - Ajani
When Ajani Repentant enters the battlefield, he deals 5 damage to target creature or planeswalker.
+2: Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control. Untap them.
0: Look at the top six cards of your library. You may reveal a creature or land card from among them and exile it. You may cast that card until the end of your next turn. Put the rest of the cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.
-12: You gain life equal to your starting life total. Add that much mana in any combination of R, G, or W. You don't lose mana added this way as steps and phases end.

IIW: what happened to Jace Beleren?
Cool, I like Ajani having an ETB that represents him 'walking into the battle and just smoking someone (although based o his starting loyalty, 6 damage would be more satisfying to my Mel instincts). Couple of wording issues here but that plus ability feels like a nice tribute to Ajani's fallen friend Gideon and that ultimate is rad.
chetoos wrote:
6 months ago
Grist, the unending swarm 4bbgg
Art: less of a person, more of a wave made of insects. In the center is Grist's face. The swarm appears similar to how the enemy fleet in Star Trek Beyond looked, swallowing the landscape surrounding it. Said landscape should be easily identified as being on Innistrad. Mood: overwhelming numbers, drowning in bugs
Legendary creature Planeswalker - grist insect
At the beginning of your end step, create a number of 1/1 green insect creature tokens equal to the greatest mana value among creatures that died this turn.
Grist isn't a creature.
+2 - target creature gets -x/-x until eot, where x is the number of insects you control
-5 - mill 5 cards, then you may return a card with mana value less than the number of insects you control from your graveyard to your hand. If you don't, return all insect creature cards milled this way to your hand instead
-13 - you get an emblem with "creatures you control are insects in addition to their other types." And "whenever an insect enters the battlefield under your control, target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn."
8 1/1
Iiw: walkers or other characters on new planes. Omenpaths, yo
I feel like doing Grist's signature thing this way rather than the reverse (i.e. what's on her first card) creates more rules entanglements than it's worth. I appreciate the art description and all but once more, so, so many words and that ultimate doesn't really need to make things Insects; either choose to make the emblem an ETB for any creature or commit to Insect tribal.

HM: Megiddo
Winner: @lookingupanddown
Next: what happened to Jace Beleren?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

chetoos

From Un5: unaired, a tv themed unset

Where in the multiverse is Jace Beleren? (Acorn card)
Art: Jace's head in profilie dressed in a blue carmen sandiego outfit, circles surround his head depicting different planes.
Show - quiz
When this show airs, you may reveal a card from your hand. Target opponent guesses what plane that card depicts. If they guess right, you both investigate. If they guess wrong, you scry 2 and draw a card
no one ever guesses ulgrotha
Airing: 3, 4, 6

The real ringwives of Vryn
Art: 4 Vryn women argue around the table. Jace can be seen behind a curtain, magic tendrils controlling the women
Show - reality
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, create a treasure token.
When this show airs you may sacrifice any number of treasures. When you do, gain control of target creature with mana value less than or equal to the number of treasures you sacrificed. Untap it, it gains haste
Airing: 1, 2, 5
just because a show isn't scripted, doesn't mean the producers can't make sure their stories play out how they want

Crossover Episode 2U
Art: Jace, leaning against a doorframe, looking immaculate
Sorcery
The next time you would air a show this turn, instead pitch a new show and air both shows. If the shows share a type, create 2 treasure tokens.
"I'm trying to get some sleep, Chandra, do you... Mind?" *applause*

Shows are the side deck for un5, like contraptions and attractions. A show is pitched, then you play creatures. Each number 1-6, can be chosen to air a show once per turn, chosen when a creature etbs with power or toughness equal to a value on the card, and only one of each type of show can be chosen each turn, so you couldn't play goblin guide to activate real housewives, then use your centaur courser to run survivor amonkhet edition, since they are both reality shows. Similarly, once you air a show in the 2 slot, you need to wait until next turn to air another in the same spot.

Iiw: acorn cards
Last edited by chetoos 6 months ago, edited 7 times in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 6 months ago

Vandi Beleren
{B}{G}{U}
Legendary Creature - Phyrexian Human Gorgon (R)
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Vandi Beleren this turn dies, you draw a card, you gain 2 life, and you put a +1/+1 counter on Vandi.
{G}: Vandi gains deathtouch until end of turn.
{U}{B}, Sacrifice a creature: Draw a card.
2/3
"SKAAB IN A CECANI'S OUTHOUSE!!" -Liliana, relatively modern Nephalian expression which we decline to translate

Alternate flavor text:
"Well, she's got her mother's eyes." -Azor, last words

"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 6 months ago

alternate challenge: "if a spell or ability an opponent controls would cause them to draw one or more cards except the first one they draw in each of their draw steps..."

Sporegorger_Dragon

Humanitarian Arbiter
2{W}
Creature - Human Advisor (R)
Flash
If a spell or ability an opponent controls would cause them to draw one or more cards except the first one they draw in each of their draw steps, instead they create that many Food tokens.
3/2

Counter-Espionage Agent
1{U}{B}
Creature - Faerie Rogue (U)
Flash
Flying
If a spell or ability an opponent controls would cause them to draw one or more cards except the first one they draw in each of their draw steps, instead they mill that many cards.
2/2

chetoos

"if a spell or ability an opponent controls would cause them to draw one or more cards except the first one they draw in each of their draw steps..."
This is redundant. If a spell or ability is causing a player to draw a card, it's automatically not the first one they draw in each of their draw steps, since that's an automatic part of the turn. I'm going to keep the spell or ability part of that, to prevent you from triggering the ability off of Howling Mine style of effects.

Observation of many eyes 2U
Enchantment
If a spell or ability an opponent controls would cause them to draw one or more cards, instead, you surveil that many cards, then you and that player each draw a card.
Because Jace freed his own mind from Phyresis, he kept his body afterward, and all the benefits therein.

IIW: How would someone who was turned into a phyrexian and recovered feel?
Last edited by chetoos 6 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 6 months ago

Primal Supremacy 2GG
Enchantment (R)
Creatures you control get +1/+1.
When Primal Supremacy enters the battlefield, create a 3/3 green Beast creature token.
If an opponent would draw a card except the first one they draw in each of their draw steps, instead they create a 3/3 green Beast creature token. When they do, that creature fights target creature controlled by another player. (You choose the target.)

IIW: Map tokens or other explore
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 6 months ago

Jace, Desparked 2UU
Legendary Creature — Human Wizard {R}
When Jace, Desparked enters the battlefield, create a 2/2 blue Illusion creature token with "Sacrifice this creature: Target creature you control gains hexproof until end of turn."
At the beginning of your end step, draw a card.
2/2

IIW: variants
MEG

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 6 months ago

chetoos wrote:
6 months ago
From Un5: unaired, a tv themed unset

Where in the multiverse is Jace Beleren? (Acorn card)
Art: Jace's head in profilie dressed in a blue carmen sandiego outfit, circles surround his head depicting different planes.
Show - quiz
When this show airs, you may reveal a card from your hand. Target opponent guesses what plane that card depicts. If they guess right, you both investigate. If they guess wrong, you scry 2 and draw a card
no one ever guesses ulgrotha
Airing: 3, 4, 6

The real ringwives of Vryn
Art: 4 Vryn women argue around the table. Jace can be seen behind a curtain, magic tendrils controlling the women
Show - reality
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, create a treasure token.
When this show airs you may sacrifice any number of treasures. When you do, gain control of target creature with mana value less than or equal to the number of treasures you sacrificed. Untap it, it gains haste
Airing: 1, 2, 5
just because a show isn't scripted, doesn't mean the producers can't make sure their stories play out how they want

Crossover Episode 2U
Art: Jace, leaning against a doorframe, looking immaculate
Sorcery
The next time you would air a show this turn, instead pitch a new show and air both shows. If the shows share a type, create 2 treasure tokens.
"I'm trying to get some sleep, Chandra, do you... Mind?" *applause*

Shows are the side deck for un5, like contraptions and attractions. A show is pitched, then you play creatures. Each number 1-6, can be chosen to air a show once per turn, chosen when a creature etbs with power or toughness equal to a value on the card, and only one of each type of show can be chosen each turn, so you couldn't play goblin guide to activate real housewives, then use your centaur courser to run survivor amonkhet edition, since they are both reality shows. Similarly, once you air a show in the 2 slot, you need to wait until next turn to air another in the same spot.

Iiw: acorn cards
Beleren looks like he's enjoying Hollywood at least. I like how shows work, but it feels like it'll be the hardest of the extra deck types to track across subtypes. I like The real ringwives of Vryn for having that extra ability too.
6 months ago
Vandi Beleren
{B}{G}{U}
Legendary Creature - Phyrexian Human Gorgon (R)
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Vandi Beleren this turn dies, you draw a card, you gain 2 life, and you put a +1/+1 counter on Vandi.
{G}: Vandi gains deathtouch until end of turn.
{U}{B}, Sacrifice a creature: Draw a card.
2/3
"SKAAB IN A CECANI'S OUTHOUSE!!" -Liliana, relatively modern Nephalian expression which we decline to translate

Alternate flavor text:
"Well, she's got her mother's eyes." -Azor, last words

I was going to ask why Vandi didn't take her mother's last name, but then remembered Vraska didn't have one... until now. She does take after her parents, and will synergize with them. It just feels a bit much for just 3 mana?
6 months ago
Humanitarian Arbiter
2{W}
Creature - Human Advisor (R)
Flash
If a spell or ability an opponent controls would cause them to draw one or more cards except the first one they draw in each of their draw steps, instead they create that many Food tokens.
3/2

Counter-Espionage Agent
1{U}{B}
Creature - Faerie Rogue (U)
Flash
Flying
If a spell or ability an opponent controls would cause them to draw one or more cards except the first one they draw in each of their draw steps, instead they mill that many cards.
2/2

And now, stopping people from drawing too many cards, Food and milling. The latter might not feel all that different to some decks, and might even help. The Food would be funny as long as we can find a way to not stall with them/
chetoos wrote:
6 months ago
"if a spell or ability an opponent controls would cause them to draw one or more cards except the first one they draw in each of their draw steps..."
This is redundant. If a spell or ability is causing a player to draw a card, it's automatically not the first one they draw in each of their draw steps, since that's an automatic part of the turn. I'm going to keep the spell or ability part of that, to prevent you from triggering the ability off of Howling Mine style of effects.

Observation of many eyes 2U
Enchantment
If a spell or ability an opponent controls would cause them to draw one or more cards, instead, you surveil that many cards, then you and that player each draw a card.
Because Jace freed his own mind from Phyresis, he kept his body afterward, and all the benefits therein.

IIW: How would someone who was turned into a phyrexian and recovered feel?
"See, you still drew a card. No need to get salty."
I like this one because it doesn't entirely make your opponent want to aggro you or blow up your enchantment. They still probably will, but in a multiplayer setting you won't be target #1... even though the card filtering piles up like your graveyard and maybe you should be the target.
Cythare wrote:
6 months ago
Primal Supremacy 2GG
Enchantment (R)
Creatures you control get +1/+1.
When Primal Supremacy enters the battlefield, create a 3/3 green Beast creature token.
If an opponent would draw a card except the first one they draw in each of their draw steps, instead they create a 3/3 green Beast creature token. When they do, that creature fights target creature controlled by another player. (You choose the target.)

Here's hoping your creature count is high enough to use this more than once per turn. If you can't keep up, your opponents will start randomly drawing one card at a time to see if they can run your over with Beasts. That, or your opponent can never catch up and you get to beat them up. I don't want to say winmore, but it could end up like that more often than not.
Megiddo wrote:
6 months ago
Jace, Desparked 2UU
Legendary Creature — Human Wizard {R}
When Jace, Desparked enters the battlefield, create a 2/2 blue Illusion creature token with "Sacrifice this creature: Target creature you control gains hexproof until end of turn."
At the beginning of your end step, draw a card.
2/2

IIW: variants
Huh, straightforward answer. I like that this references Jace's illusionist abilities, while keeping some simple card draw.

HM: Megiddo for Jace, Desparked
Winner: chetoos for The real ringwives of Vryn

Next: acorn cards

Sporegorger_Dragon

chetoos wrote:
6 months ago
This is redundant. If a spell or ability is causing a player to draw a card, it's automatically not the first one they draw in each of their draw steps, since that's an automatic part of the turn.
Actually, I can think of one corner-case where that is relevant; if a replacement effect replaces that first card draw during your draw step.

Like Thought Reflection and Blood Scrivener; with lookingupanddown's wording, the first card drawn from these effects is spared.

chetoos

6 months ago
chetoos wrote:
6 months ago
This is redundant. If a spell or ability is causing a player to draw a card, it's automatically not the first one they draw in each of their draw steps, since that's an automatic part of the turn.
Actually, I can think of one corner-case where that is relevant; if a replacement effect replaces that first card draw during your draw step.

Like Thought Reflection and Blood Scrivener; with lookingupanddown's wording, the first card drawn from these effects is spared.
Those wouldn't be caught by this wording anyway, they aren't a spell or ability after all. It's similar to why Doubling Season doesn't help when you pay a positive loyalty ability cost

Sporegorger_Dragon

chetoos wrote:
6 months ago
Those wouldn't be caught by this wording anyway, they aren't a spell or ability after all. It's similar to why Doubling Season doesn't help when you pay a positive loyalty ability cost
EDIT: Wait, hold up, you're right, the event being modified by Thought Reflection/Blood Scrivener is not a spell or ability in the first place :o

Anyway:

Gallery Show-Off
2{R}
Creature - Human Artist (U)
Each creature token you control that has art illustrated by you gets +2/+0.
2/3
"Personally, I'd go with goblins." -Dave Kendall, artist

The Price is Rite
2{B}{B}
Sorcery - Quiz (U)
No peeking! (When this spell is on the stack, the player targeted by this spell can't look at cards in public zones.)
Target opponent names which creature card has the highest mana value in all graveyards. If they name it correctly, put that creature card onto the battlefield under their control and you lose life equal to its mana value. Otherwise, put that creature card onto the battlefield under your control and you gain life equal to its mana value.

Monstrous Masquerade Party
2{U}{U}
Enchantment (M)
The "legend rule" doesn't apply.
Each double-faced permanent with a back side that is also a permanent has the text box and characteristics of its back side in addition to its front. Nightbound has no effect. (It also has the name, colors, types, and text box of the other side, plus adds the power and toughness of the other side to its own if applicable. If the back is a planeswalker and it's already on the field, it dies because no loyalty.)
Each permanent capable of melding has the text box and characteristics of the permanent card that it melds into in addition to its own, and change the text of the ability that melds from "exile" to "you may exile."

Last line of text is required because the meld cards that have triggered meld abilities all have non-optional triggers, so this allows you to plop out both Gisela and Bruna and have them stick around as two pseudo-Brisela without having them meld.

Megiddo
MEG

Valnut the Cursed 1{b/g}{b/g}
Legendary Creature — Squirrel Warlock {R}
Match Companion — Your starting deck contains fewer than sixty cards.
Squirrel Away (If this card is your chosen companion, you keep your between games of this match.)
When Valnut the Cursed enters your hand from anywhere, reveal it and you get .
: Creatures your opponents control get -1/-1 until end of turn. Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
3/3

IIW: dogs and dog accessories
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I'm too lazy to write concise reminder text rn, maybe I'll revisit, but the idea is that you pick a Match Companion card at the beginning of the match and it remains your companion through that match. As an additional restriction, between games of the match you cannot reconfigure your deck such that the companion clause is violated; it must still allow for the companion. This otherwise works as Companion, so you can pay to put it into your hand, etc. I obviously chose a boring companion ability that only works in limited. The additional ability here is meant to then make it possible to retain a different object between games of the match. There may be a more concise way to do both of these things at the same time that I'll think about (example, making Squirrel Away itself the Companion-like mechanic), though I did want to get "squirrel away" on the card. And yes, if you math it out the idea is generally that you can't use that second ability until the second game of a match or later and only if you have put it into your hand two times... unless you have additional cards.... And, finally, if your deck is stuffed full of these guys they do work together; drawing one naturally you can reveal it. Returning it to your hand in some manner you can reveal it, etc.
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 6 months ago

I think {acorn} and Squirrel tribal should be a BG draft theme for an un-set
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

they were too busy making it black bordered to consider making it silver bordered
MEG

chetoos

Judging tonight. I'd be really thankful for more entries

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 6 months ago

Goblin Couturier 3RG
Creature — Goblin Clothier (R)
Ward—Each other player creates a 1/1 red Goblin creature token wearing a red and green waistcoat.
Each other creature you control gets +1/+1 for each primary color among clothing worn in its art. (Hats are clothes. The primary colors are red, yellow, and blue.)
2/3

Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 6 months ago

Riveteers Smuggler 1BG
Creature — Squirrel Rogue (U)
Skulk (This creature can't be blocked by creatures with greater power.)
Whenever Riveteers Smuggler enters the battlefield or attacks, each player gets (an acorn counter).
Whenever Riveteers Smuggler deals combat damage to a player, they lose , and you get and gain 1 life.
Plenty of nuts, but all out of bolts.
2/2

(that's silver-border in-multiverse material which I think we deserve a little of)

IIW: Speculate for Outlaws of Thunder Junction

chetoos

Judging early because I'm gonna go to bed early. Sleep dep is no fun, especially when taking care of a newborn
6 months ago
chetoos wrote:
6 months ago
EDIT: Wait, hold up, you're right, the event being modified by Thought Reflection/Blood Scrivener is not a spell or ability in the first place :o

Anyway:

Gallery Show-Off
2{R}
Creature - Human Artist (U)
Each creature token you control that has art illustrated by you gets +2/+0.
2/3
"Personally, I'd go with goblins." -Dave Kendall, artist

The Price is Rite
2{B}{B}
Sorcery - Quiz (U)
No peeking! (When this spell is on the stack, the player targeted by this spell can't look at cards in public zones.)
Target opponent names which creature card has the highest mana value in all graveyards. If they name it correctly, put that creature card onto the battlefield under their control and you lose life equal to its mana value. Otherwise, put that creature card onto the battlefield under your control and you gain life equal to its mana value.

Monstrous Masquerade Party
2{U}{U}
Enchantment (M)
The "legend rule" doesn't apply.
Each double-faced permanent with a back side that is also a permanent has the text box and characteristics of its back side in addition to its front. Nightbound has no effect. (It also has the name, colors, types, and text box of the other side, plus adds the power and toughness of the other side to its own if applicable. If the back is a planeswalker and it's already on the field, it dies because no loyalty.)
Each permanent capable of melding has the text box and characteristics of the permanent card that it melds into in addition to its own, and change the text of the ability that melds from "exile" to "you may exile."

Last line of text is required because the meld cards that have triggered meld abilities all have non-optional triggers, so this allows you to plop out both Gisela and Bruna and have them stick around as two pseudo-Brisela without having them meld.

All fun effects, definitely acorn stamped, fun all around
Megiddo wrote:
6 months ago
Valnut the Cursed 1{b/g}{b/g}
Legendary Creature — Squirrel Warlock {R}
Match Companion — Your starting deck contains fewer than sixty cards.
Squirrel Away (If this card is your chosen companion, you keep your between games of this match.)
When Valnut the Cursed enters your hand from anywhere, reveal it and you get .
: Creatures your opponents control get -1/-1 until end of turn. Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
3/3

IIW: dogs and dog accessories
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I'm too lazy to write concise reminder text rn, maybe I'll revisit, but the idea is that you pick a Match Companion card at the beginning of the match and it remains your companion through that match. As an additional restriction, between games of the match you cannot reconfigure your deck such that the companion clause is violated; it must still allow for the companion. This otherwise works as Companion, so you can pay to put it into your hand, etc. I obviously chose a boring companion ability that only works in limited. The additional ability here is meant to then make it possible to retain a different object between games of the match. There may be a more concise way to do both of these things at the same time that I'll think about (example, making Squirrel Away itself the Companion-like mechanic), though I did want to get "squirrel away" on the card. And yes, if you math it out the idea is generally that you can't use that second ability until the second game of a match or later and only if you have put it into your hand two times... unless you have additional cards.... And, finally, if your deck is stuffed full of these guys they do work together; drawing one naturally you can reveal it. Returning it to your hand in some manner you can reveal it, etc.
I was gonna say that match companion was just normal companion, but then squirrel away. Still, fun use of squirrel design space
Cythare wrote:
6 months ago
Goblin Couturier 3RG
Creature — Goblin Clothier (R)
Ward—Each other player creates a 1/1 red Goblin creature token wearing a red and green waistcoat.
Each other creature you control gets +1/+1 for each primary color among clothing worn in its art. (Hats are clothes. The primary colors are red, yellow, and blue.)
2/3

All I can picture here is Quark from DS9, but I love ds9, so good job.
spacemonaut wrote:
6 months ago
Riveteers Smuggler 1BG
Creature — Squirrel Rogue (U)
Skulk (This creature can't be blocked by creatures with greater power.)
Whenever Riveteers Smuggler enters the battlefield or attacks, each player gets (an acorn counter).
Whenever Riveteers Smuggler deals combat damage to a player, they lose , and you get and gain 1 life.
Plenty of nuts, but all out of bolts.
2/2

(that's silver-border in-multiverse material which I think we deserve a little of)

IIW: Speculate for Outlaws of Thunder Junction
Unfortunately this card entirely works in black border, so it's not acorn. A fun idea regardless,though.

Winner: @Cythare
Next: map tokens and other explore

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 6 months ago

in a world where Novellamental exists and Super-Duper Death Ray was followed up with Flame Spill, I'd contest that the card's just fine in silver border. you could do it in black border if you changed things around (e.g. to energy) and/or introduced a mechanic to black border, but that's a different card for a different black border, and that wouldn't be a card i submitted for this challenge.

just stings a little to submit my first card in a while and be told it's not even a fit for the prompt.

chetoos

spacemonaut wrote:
6 months ago
in a world where Novellamental exists and Super-Duper Death Ray was followed up with Flame Spill, I'd contest that the card's just fine in silver border. you could do it in black border if you changed things around (e.g. to energy) and/or introduced a mechanic to black border, but that's a different card for a different black border, and that wouldn't be a card i submitted for this challenge.

just stings a little to submit my first card in a while and be told it's not even a fit for the prompt.
Sorry, but given that we've seen wackier cards in black border, this is tame by comparison. All it needs is for to be black border, and since [sym=sticker] already is, that's not a big ask

I will say, pre-unfinity, this would have been a sweet card for this contest

Sporegorger_Dragon

Merfolk Cartographer
1{U}
Creature - Merfolk Scout (C)
When Merfolk Cartographer enters the battlefield, it explores.
1/1
==========
Draw a Map
{U}
Sorcery - Adventure
Surveil 2.
Create a Map token.

Stalking Jaguar
1{G}
Creature - Cat (U)
Whenever another creature explores, Stalking Jaguar explores. This ability triggers only once per turn.
2/1

Extremely Lost Goblin
2{R}
Creature - Goblin (U)
When Extremely Lost Goblin enters the battlefield, create two tapped Map tokens.
Extremely Lost Goblin can't explore.
3/2
"What is this 'map' you speak of?"

chetoos

Sanguine Cartographer 2b
Creature - Vampire Scout
When Sanguine Cartographer enters the battlefield, create a map token.
Whenever one or more other creatures die, create a blood token. This ability only triggers once each turn.
Blood you control are maps in addition to their other types, and have (map ability)
When they reached the bounds of their current map, Victore's magic was greatly appreciated by all but one.
3/2

IIW: In addition to their other types
Last edited by chetoos 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Megiddo
MEG

if they ever put into a premier set i'll eat an acorn pie
MEG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”