NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 6 months ago

Cythare wrote:
6 months ago
Oh no I was too slow to enter the 3+ types. That's okay.

Mini Nuke BR
Sorcery (U)
Kicker—Sacrifice an artifact.
Mini Nuke deals 50 damage to target creature, planeswalker, or battle. If Mini Nuke was kicked, that permanent loses indestructible until end of turn.
(Fallout Franchise UB)

IIW: Maps and other explore
Sorry trying not to miss judging by falling asleep with it typed up like last time.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 6 months ago

Phyresis Reservoir 4
Artifact
Toxic 50
Whenever you cast a spell, put a number of oil counters on Phyresis reservoir equal to the number of spells you've cast this turn.
Remove 50 oil counters from among permanents you control: Phyresis reservoir deals 50 damage to any target.

IIW: Riff on an existing card.

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 6 months ago

before the accusations are slung, i am NOT a recalcitrant pedant. You can use "fifty" written out in addition to the digits "50."
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 6 months ago

Megiddo wrote:
6 months ago
before the accusations are slung, i am NOT a recalcitrant pedant.
Well, not for this reason anyway, I'm sure you'll find something to nitpick soon
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 6 months ago

Emanation of the Threefold Sun 2RGW
Enchantment (M)
Megaascend (If you control fifty or more permanents, you get Ixalan's blessing for the rest of the game.)
At the beginning of your end step, create a 3/3 green Dinosaur token, a Map token, and a Treasure token.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have Ixalan's blessing, you win the game.

IIW: Maps tokens and other explore
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

chetoos

City-spanning storm 2ur
Enchantment
If you would copy a spell or ability any number of times, copy that spell or ability twice that many times instead.
If you would cast a copy of a spell, you may copy that spell an additional time and cast both copies. (any cost modifications on the original copy apply to the additional copy)
If at least 50 spells and/or abilities are on the stack at any time, you win the game.
Ral threw the switch, and the clouds spread over the buildings, faster than he could have calculated.

Realized the trigger doesn't work how I want. Changing the copy effect. The second effect is worded so that it still works with stuff like Demilich or God-Eternal Kefnet

Iiw: mechanic names in the name of the spell
Last edited by chetoos 6 months ago, edited 6 times in total.

Megiddo
MEG

void thanked that entry because he can already anticipate my nitpick for it.
MEG

chetoos

Megiddo wrote:
6 months ago
void thanked that entry because he can already anticipate my nitpick for it.
Is the nitpick that having 50 triggers/spells probably already means you win? Or that the trigger is weird and will happen whenever? Because I can't really come up with a different way to word that.

Megiddo
MEG

just the name of the card. Eye of the Storm already exists. I expect I would make note of that in a judging.
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

obviously this card is tailor-made to play with that one, though, so I would then remark that I see it as intentional. but I'd definitely end up noting it. you might send me down a scryfall rabbit hole of similarly-named cards for a bit too.
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Megiddo wrote:
6 months ago
just the name of the card. Eye of the Storm already exists. I expect I would make note of that in a judging.
There's actually two: That and "waiting to resolve" is not something that would ever be written in Magic rules text because that's just called "on the stack"
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

chetoos

Oh, I hadn't thought about that card with regards to mine. Not sure how to change the name, honestly

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 6 months ago

chetoos wrote:
6 months ago
Not sure how to change the name, honestly
Storm of the Eye
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Megiddo
MEG

void_nothing wrote:
6 months ago
Megiddo wrote:
6 months ago
There's actually two: That and "waiting to resolve" is not something that would ever be written in Magic rules text because that's just called "on the stack"
I was holding that one back. Though I actually liked the "waiting to resolve" text; it reminded me of the way that some games (thinking digital games like Marvel Snap, etc) can be more flexible with text and often choose a more intuitive wording rather than having to write everything out precisely.
MEG

chetoos

Yeah, I had the text as "waiting to resolve" because magic doesn't like to reference the stack unless they have to

Megiddo
MEG

speaking of waiting, we'll judge this evening.
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Felidar Archon
5{W}{W}
Creature - Cat Archon (M)
Flying, lifelink
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have at least 50 life more than each other player, you win the game.
5/7

IIW: Dinosaur

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Ugin, Eternities Firebringer 8
Legendary Planeswalker - Ugin (M)
+3: Target opponent exiles a permanent they control that's one or more colors.
-X: Manifest the top X cards of your library. Until end of turn, costs you pay to turn permanents face up cost 2 less.
-10: Until end of turn, whenever a creature or planeswalker an opponent controls dies, exile that card and its controller loses 2 life. Then Ugin, Eternities Firebringer deals 50 damage divided as you choose among any number of targets that are one or more colors.

IIW: More big 'walkers

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 6 months ago

Clash of Competence 1UU
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, mill two cards. Then if there are exactly fifty cards in your library, you win the game.
Why memorize a thousand books when you can just skim Wizarding for Dummies?

IIW: Caring somehow about your library
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Megiddo
MEG

Let's jam. Good number of entries for this one.
Cythare wrote:
6 months ago
Oh no I was too slow to enter the 3+ types. That's okay.

Mini Nuke BR
Sorcery (U)
Kicker—Sacrifice an artifact.
Mini Nuke deals 50 damage to target creature, planeswalker, or battle. If Mini Nuke was kicked, that permanent loses indestructible until end of turn.
(Fallout Franchise UB)

IIW: Maps and other explore
50 is a lot. Back in my day we had to work a lot harder to kill opponents with our Boros Reckoners (Dealing the fully 20 with Harvest Pyre is a bit harder than this one). 50 is also a dangerous amount of damage to deal since it is greater than the starting life total in Commander games too. Cute with the kicker.
chetoos wrote:
6 months ago
Phyresis Reservoir 4
Artifact
Toxic 50
Whenever you cast a spell, put a number of oil counters on Phyresis reservoir equal to the number of spells you've cast this turn.
Remove 50 oil counters from among permanents you control: Phyresis reservoir deals 50 damage to any target.

IIW: Riff on an existing card.
I like this as an Aetherflux Reservoir variant. Toxic 50 is... well, it actually doesn't do anything here. Toxic only works when creatures deal combat damage, so you'd have to animate this and have it attack to get that value (which, props to you if you do obviously, but I don't think that was the goal here). We can assume it works for now though. 50 is just such a hilarious amount of overkill when 10 is the magic number. I do like what this is doing, generally.
Cythare wrote:
6 months ago
Emanation of the Threefold Sun 2RGW
Enchantment (M)
Megaascend (If you control fifty or more permanents, you get Ixalan's blessing for the rest of the game.)
At the beginning of your end step, create a 3/3 green Dinosaur token, a Map token, and a Treasure token.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have Ixalan's blessing, you win the game.

IIW: Maps tokens and other explore
Welp, I guess I asked for this one. If we treat Megaäscend as flavor text (since it largely is), this feels like a powerful permanent that's worth playing. You can usually get good value from this, though unfortunately map tokens are a sorcery-speed effect, so you'll have to wait a turn cycle before you can crack it (so tempting when you also get a treasure!). This reminds me a bit of Mayael's Aria.
chetoos wrote:
6 months ago
City-spanning storm 2ur
Enchantment
If you would copy a spell or ability any number of times, copy that spell or ability twice that many times instead.
If you would cast a copy of a spell, you may copy that spell an additional time and cast both copies. (any cost modifications on the original copy apply to the additional copy)
If at least 50 spells and/or abilities are on the stack at any time, you win the game.
Ral threw the switch, and the clouds spread over the buildings, faster than he could have calculated.

Realized the trigger doesn't work how I want. Changing the copy effect. The second effect is worded so that it still works with stuff like Demilich or God-Eternal Kefnet

Iiw: mechanic names in the name of the spell
I'm sure you saw Twinning Staff while you were making this. I think this has higher potential output, of course, and as such I like it in the copying colors. This is a fun way to turn a Ground Rift into a game win.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
6 months ago
Felidar Archon
5{W}{W}
Creature - Cat Archon (M)
Flying, lifelink
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have at least 50 life more than each other player, you win the game.
5/7

Very nice. Lifegain finisher card. I think this could be cheaper, actually, given that you have to protect it for a turn cycle. 50 MORE life than everybody else is fairly demanding, obviously. I wonder how often that happens without a loop set up?
void_nothing wrote:
6 months ago
Ugin, Eternities Firebringer 8
Legendary Planeswalker - Ugin (M)
+3: Target opponent exiles a permanent they control that's one or more colors.
-X: Manifest the top X cards of your library. Until end of turn, costs you pay to turn permanents face up cost 2 less.
-10: Until end of turn, whenever a creature or planeswalker an opponent controls dies, exile that card and its controller loses 2 life. Then Ugin, Eternities Firebringer deals 50 damage divided as you choose among any number of targets that are one or more colors.

IIW: More big 'walkers
Nice ult. This is a fairly clever melvin card IMO. I enjoy the return of the big boy here.
Cythare wrote:
6 months ago
Clash of Competence 1UU
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, mill two cards. Then if there are exactly fifty cards in your library, you win the game.
Why memorize a thousand books when you can just skim Wizarding for Dummies?

IIW: Caring somehow about your library
Very funny. EXACTLY 50 is going to be tough to hit I think but that's the fun of it. It is... technically possible to achieve this in a 60 card deck, though it would take more than just baseline competence.

Winner: void_nothing
Next: More big 'walkers
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Vlaryk, the Usurper
5{B}{G}{G}{U}
Legendary Creature - Vlaryk (M)
+2: Draw a card. Create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token.
+1: Search your library for a card, put that card into your hand, then shuffle.
-5: Search your library, hand, and/or graveyard for up to X Dragon cards, where X is the number of times you descended this turn, and put them onto the battlefield. If you search your library this way, shuffle.
-13: Each player exiles all cards in their hand and graveyard. You put any number of face-up cards in exile onto the battlefield face down under your control. They're 5/5 black, green and blue Plant Dragon creatures with flying.
<7>
"Aahh, Tarkir, such a quaint, vulnerable, little plane!"

Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 6 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

chetoos

The Colossal Hunter 6gg
Art: Garruk stands imposing over several small creatures (mice, rats, see additional notes on the set), as if he doesn't even notice them. They hide in the grass at his feet, we see him from their perspective, a man taller than their highest tower and castle. Garruk appears to be scanning the horizon for something to hunt. Mood: power, size, something bigger than you thought possible
Legendary Planeswalker - Garruk
Nontoken creatures you control enter the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on them.
+2 - You may sacrifice a land. If you do, create 2 4/4 green beast creature tokens with trample. Otherwise, create a 6/6 green beast creature token with trample.
-5 - Target creature you control deals damage equal to its power to target creature you don't control. Draw cards equal to the excess damage dealt.
-11 - You get an emblem with "Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, it gets +x/+x and gains haste until end of turn, where X is that creature's power." Each creature you control gets +x/+x and gains haste until end of turn, where X is that creature's power.

Yes, I know that bloomburrow shouldn't have humanoids, but maybe this is after the set's story.

IIW: more bloomburrow cards
Last edited by chetoos 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Megiddo
MEG

Tamiyo's Forbidden Scroll 6
Legendary Artifact {R}
2, T: Draw a card and reveal it. Until end of turn, spells you cast with the same name as the revealed card cost you 2 less to cast.

In the Light of the Silver Moon 4
Enchantment — Saga {M}
[ I ]: Scry 2.
[ II ]: Each opponent sacrifices a permanent.
[ III ]: If you both own and control In the Light of the Silver Moon and an artifact named Tamiyo's Forbidden Scroll, exile them, then meld them into Emrakul Ascended. Otherwise, draw a card.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Emrakul Ascended
Legendary Planeswalker — Emrakul {M}
Creatures you control are Eldrazi in addition to their other types.
[+5]: Target creature becomes a 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn, loses all abilities, and gains "Sacrifice this creature: Add C."
[+2]: Until end of turn, rather than pay the mana cost of a spell, you may sacrifice three Eldrazi.
[0]: Create five 3/2 colorless Eldrazi Horror creature tokens.
[-6]: Each opponent sacrifices six permanents.
[-15]: Take an extra turn after this one. After that turn, for each opponent, you control that opponent during that player's next turn.
{10}
IIW: More Meld or Transforming cards
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Judging hopefully tomorrow. Hoping for a few more entries.

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 6 months ago

Ajani Repentant 4RGW
Legendary Planeswalker - Ajani
When Ajani Repentant enters the battlefield, he deals 5 damage to target creature or planeswalker.
+2: Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control. Untap them.
0: Look at the top six cards of your library. You may reveal a creature or land card from among them and exile it. You may cast that card until the end of your next turn. Put the rest of the cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.
-12: You gain life equal to your starting life total. Add that much mana in any combination of R, G, or W. You don't lose mana added this way as steps and phases end.

IIW: what happened to Jace Beleren?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”